GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
getonmylevelho
dclark44
KidIcarus27
splff3000
jhawk886
urbanslegend05
Joker12
gameface1324
stoptherun
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:That's probably bc its usually like a day and a half and everyone's freaking out and he usually plays before two days are up. Some people don't live on the boards like others.
    I get that, and there's no doubt that he gets his game in before the deadline every week, that's not the perceived issue. The issue is that generally 11 of us find time to get the game in within 24-36 hours after advance. If somebody isn't able to make that time frame of getting their game in that's fine, but they generally post out of courtesy to the rest of us who can, letting us all know that they are going to take a little longer. Ho generally takes closer to the 48 hour range, which again is fine league rules wise. But when the rest of us abide by the afore mentioned "unwritten rule", and he doesn't, it kind of gets annoying. Again the issue is not that ho is not getting his games in, it's that he is consistently last and doesn't seem to put as much time and effort into these dynasties as the rest of us do. When 10 or 11 of us are putting in a fair amount of time and effort into these dynasties, we expect it from everyone.

Last edited by jhawk886 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Lol, you guys get so defensive. I put a lol in there and then say I think its funny, but the wrecking crew still comes out.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:That's probably bc its usually like a day and a half and everyone's freaking out and he usually plays before two days are up. Some people don't live on the boards like others.
    I get that, and there's no doubt that he gets his game in before the deadline every week, that's not the perceived issue. The issue is that generally 11 of us find time to get the game in within 24-36 hours after advance. If somebody isn't able to make that time frame of getting their game in that's fine, but they generally post out of courtesy to the rest of us who can to let us all know that they are going to take a little longer. Ho generally takes closer to the 48 hour range, which again is fine league rules wise. But when the rest of us abide by the afore mentioned "unwritten rule", and he doesn't it kind of gets annoying. Again the issue is not that ho is not getting his games in, it's that he is consistently last and doesn't seem to put as much time and effort into these dynasties as the rest of us do. When 10 or 11 of us are putting in a fair amount of time and effort into these dynasties, we expect it from everyone.

I don't know how many times I've posted in the past that he doesn't have capability of getting on here at work. When he's at work between that 24-36 hour period, how do you expect him to post. When he gets home around 10-11, he usually hangs out with his girl for a little bit before she goes to bed, then plays.

Here's the facts. We started rivals in late July. It just turned November. So in about three months, we're midway through our fourth season. That's a pretty good pace. And he's been there since the beginning.
    He's been here since last season, and there weren't many complaints until as of late, yet he's still getting it in within 48 hours.
    I'm sure splff will agree with me when I say it gets annoying having to see the last game nazi's every other day. The guy gets it. He'll play his game well within the deadline every time.
    You guys act like I don't have direct contact with him and don't know when he'll play his game. I know that it'll get done (well within the given time) or he or I would give a heads up just like we did on the Miami trip.
    Otherwise, if it's been like 24 hours, let's just chill out. I get that everyone gets eager to play their games, but it's not like its not going to be there tomorrow.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:43 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Lol, you guys get so defensive. I put a lol in there and then say I think its funny, but the wrecking crew still comes out.

Says the guy who whenever anyone mentions Ho responds like they shot your grandmother.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Let's move this over to the Rivals thread where it belongs. Ho gets his stuff done pretty good over here. Smile Anyway, I'm posting something in rivals so we can continue over there.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Man, it ain't when anyone mentions ho. It's when clark does it over, over, over, over, over, over, over, over and over again. Throw in a little jhawk (sometimes) for good measure, but there's a common patter running with this and that's that 90% of the time it's a smart ass comment from clark.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:48 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    I get that, and there's no doubt that he gets his game in before the deadline every week, that's not the perceived issue. The issue is that generally 11 of us find time to get the game in within 24-36 hours after advance. If somebody isn't able to make that time frame of getting their game in that's fine, but they generally post out of courtesy to the rest of us who can, letting us all know that they are going to take a little longer. Ho generally takes closer to the 48 hour range, which again is fine league rules wise. But when the rest of us abide by the afore mentioned "unwritten rule", and he doesn't, it kind of gets annoying. Again the issue is not that ho is not getting his games in, it's that he is consistently last and doesn't seem to put as much time and effort into these dynasties as the rest of us do. When 10 or 11 of us are putting in a fair amount of time and effort into these dynasties, we expect it from everyone.

Gotta agree wit hawk. I understand he plays in the 47th hour before the deadline, but the fact he never posts when the rest of the league is waiting on him is pretty disrespectful to the rest of us. It's not that big a deal and obviously there's the whole Canada vs. Florida thing but on the real, it takes 30 sec to come on here and say "hey guys imma need a bit more time to knock my game out". You don't have to live on the boards to do that and it means a lot to the other 11 guys who also have lives and gfs/wives. If its impossible to keep up with the pace of the other 11 users them maybe being in 2 dynasties isn't the best idea.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Stop,
    Glad someone else sees the whole Canada vs. Florida thing going on. I literally just said the same thing in rivals. Anyways, if you look up a couple of post, you'll see where I said he doesn't have access to it at work and usually that's when all this gets stirred up by clark is when he's working.
    For future reference, he usually works from about noon-10 p.m.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:01 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Stop,
    Glad someone else sees the whole Canada vs. Florida thing going on. I literally just said the same thing in rivals. Anyways, if you look up a couple of post, you'll see where I said he doesn't have access to it at work and usually that's when all this gets stirred up by clark is when he's working.

Thanks for clearing that up. Still it would help if he came on once and awhile - like just to say "hey its gonna b a busy week don't expect any quick advances." That puts it on the record, quells expectations, and everything is cool. Nothing's more frustrating than seeing 11 green dots on the first day and then getting no updates for 24H. Its the fact that there are no posts that make it seem like he doesn't give a shit.

That being said my humble opinion is on the record and that's the last imma say about it.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Joker12 wrote:
    Maybe cause I'm never last and Ho is last pretty much every week, and the reason I'm last this week is because I chipped 3 teeth playing hockey and had to get home asap because that's where my dentist is and I didn't bring my ps3 with me because I had to leave straight from school yesterday.

But I guess Ho can't play cause he's watching a movie is reasonable too.

Damn man, sucks about your teeth. At least they're only chipped. Gotta look at the bright side, right?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    Joker12 wrote:
    Maybe cause I'm never last and Ho is last pretty much every week, and the reason I'm last this week is because I chipped 3 teeth playing hockey and had to get home asap because that's where my dentist is and I didn't bring my ps3 with me because I had to leave straight from school yesterday.

But I guess Ho can't play cause he's watching a movie is reasonable too.

Damn man, sucks about your teeth. At least they're only chipped. Gotta look at the bright side, right?

lol true that, hurt like a mother though.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Man, it ain't when anyone mentions ho. It's when clark does it over, over, over, over, over, over, over, over and over again. Throw in a little jhawk (sometimes) for good measure, but there's a common patter running with this and that's that 90% of the time it's a smart ass comment from clark.

Man, I'm sorry if it seems like I've got it out for someone or something, but that just ain't the case. I don't have a problem with anyone in here and I will defend anyone who I feel deserves it. And in this case, clark definitely deserved it. You talk about stirring shit up, you're the one who started this whole mess right now with your "smart ass comment" about clark not calling out joker, when as I pointed out, it was a different situation than that of ho.

And as far as the whole Canada vs. Florida crap, that's a bunch of bs cuz it's more than just Clark and Joker (and I guess myself if you wanna lump me with them) that get annoyed waiting with no board interaction from ho. And if I recall correctly, you started the whole Florida vs. Canada bullshit anyways. Back then I think you started it joking around (as you typically do with everything), but now it has turned into more than that, and you're blaming them; that's BS. And trust me, I'm no big Canada defender, if you remember Clark, Joker, Splff, and I all got into it pretty intense with U.S. vs. Canada and got country talk banned.

I'm not saying clark is an angel and that none of this shit is his fault or that he doesn't egg it on or anything. But recently you have instigated just as much shit as he has and then like to blame it all on him. The whole Canada vs. Florida bs I think is mostly Urban vs. Canada because you seem to have it out for them (specifically Clark).

You may disagree with me, hell everyone may, but I'm not picking sides, I'm just calling it as I see it. (Sorry for posting this over here splff)

Last edited by jhawk886 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Amen jhawk that was a phenomenal post lol.

And you did, oh Florida 1 Canada 0 Florida 2 Canada 0 lol, ho beat my by 3 points and I've hammered him twice and you've never beaten me so you ain't got shit.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Joker, you best take out Notre Dame tonight or they might run the table.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Not a problem
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:Man, it ain't when anyone mentions ho. It's when clark does it over, over, over, over, over, over, over, over and over again. Throw in a little jhawk (sometimes) for good measure, but there's a common patter running with this and that's that 90% of the time it's a smart ass comment from clark.

Man, I'm sorry if it seems like I've got it out for someone or something, but that just ain't the case. I don't have a problem with anyone in here and I will defend anyone who I feel deserves it. And in this case, clark definitely deserved it. You talk about stirring shit up, you're the one who started this whole mess right now with your "smart ass comment" about clark not calling out joker, when as I pointed out, it was a different situation than that of ho.

And as far as the whole Canada vs. Florida crap, that's a bunch of bs cuz it's more than just Clark and Joker (and I guess myself if you wanna lump me with them) that get annoyed waiting with no board interaction from ho. And if I recall correctly, you started the whole Florida vs. Canada bullshit anyways. Back then I think you started it joking around (as you typically do with everything), but now it has turned into more than that, and you're blaming them; that's BS. And trust me, I'm no big Canada defender, if you remember Clark, Joker, Splff, and I all got into it pretty intense with U.S. vs. Canada and got country talk banned.

I'm not saying clark is an angel and that none of this shit is his fault or that he doesn't egg it on or anything. But recently you have instigated just as much shit as he has and then like to blame it all on him. The whole Canada vs. Florida bs I think is mostly Urban vs. Canada because you seem to have it out for them (specifically Clark).

You may disagree with me, hell everyone may, but I'm not picking sides, I'm just calling it as I see it. (Sorry for posting this over here splff)

Hawk, I think your memory is a little off on how the whole Canada vs. Florida thing got started. It started after I beat Clark in the SEC championship and he came in with an all caps post about how I was such cheese, blah, blah, blah. Then they started to talk about how bad we sucked blah, blah, blah. So my response was winning a championship and putting Florida 1, Canada 0 in response to how many championships we have won.
    It's not joker. That's obvious. He's always one to come out and say good game, whatever. Clark has been the biggest smart ass since the dynasty has begun and I have no problem with that. Be a smart ass, it's funny. I do it as well. My only problem is that I've had to reiterate his schedule so many times and it continues to be brought up because he doesn't play two games in a 24 hour period.
    Its a continual thing that the same person brings it up with some smart ass remark EVERY TIME. It's hardly ever anyone else that complains until Clark says something smart about it. That's why I said something about Joker being last. Read my post again and tell me how much it sounds like I care that he's last. I know he plays, there's no wondering if he will play. The same goes for ho. I know he plays, and I don't have to wonder if he will play. Will it be within 24 hours every time? Probably not, but will it be within 48 hours. Yeah.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:18 pm

BTW, Joker you need to quit playing such violent sports. That sounds pretty painful.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey Jhawk, I'm sorry if I ever offended you while we were playing. If you ever thought I cheesed or cheated on any play, I apologize. It's apparent that you Kansans take your video game football very serious.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/10/26/1558082/police-video-game-sparked-citys.html#ixzz13U2pE76w
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Lol, yeah bitches, you best not late pitch on me or I'll straight up kill yo ass.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

(In case any one missed it, the above^ post is made in complete sarcasm. Just to avoid any confusion or police reports. Thank you for your time and have a nice day. Smile)
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I was nervous, I thought you were gonna come to Canada and kill me. You would have no problem crossing the border.border officer says, "Reason for entering Canada?". Hawk says, "To kill the fucker that late pitched!". Border guard proclaims, "go ahead sir, have a nice day"
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:06 pm

dclark44 wrote:I was nervous, I thought you were gonna come to Canada and kill me. You would have no problem crossing the border.border officer says, "Reason for entering Canada?". Hawk says, "To kill the fucker that late pitched!". Border guard proclaims, "go ahead sir, have a nice day"
    Lol, I like it. I almost want to try it now just to see what they would say. Border guard says, "Oh shit! You're not the video game serial killer from Kansas are you?!?!"
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 pm

hawk you should change your name to reflect your homicidal tendencies.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Titties and beer
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Hey yall check out this site:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php

They have this cool "NCAA feature" tournament and apparently this is how we got some of the new features into NCAA this year. The tournament is here:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37

The potential features are given to the site by EA and the users vote on them in polls. It starts out with 68 and works down kinda like the NCAA basketball tournament. If you don't wanna vote, it's cool to at least look and see what kind of stuff EA is thinking about for NCAA 12.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm