GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
getonmylevelho
dclark44
KidIcarus27
splff3000
jhawk886
urbanslegend05
Joker12
gameface1324
stoptherun
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Would love to see the dynasty playoff. I know we tinkered with an idea of how to do one in rivals last season, but we never did it. It's next to impossible, but still, it'd be awesome.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Yo splff I'm just heading back now so probably won't be able to start my game till 10 at the earliest, I know that's when you and clark had planned to play so sorry about that. I'll have it done tonight though 100%.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Joker12 wrote:Yo splff I'm just heading back now so probably won't be able to start my game till 10 at the earliest, I know that's when you and clark had planned to play so sorry about that. I'll have it done tonight though 100%.

OK, well Clark when do you want to play tomorrow. I'm free after 7.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I can probably go right around 7
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 pm

dclark44 wrote:I can probably go right around 7

Can you do 730? I like to give myself a lil extra time in case my ole lady got some bullshit to talk to me about when I get home from work.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 pm

yup no problem, see you there
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Splff, you gonna be around to advance when Joker gets done?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Splff, you gonna be around to advance when Joker gets done?

Maybe. It depends on what time he gets done. If I'm not around you can go ahead and advance. Post on the board that you are about to advance though, so I know that you are doing it and don't log on while it's advancing. That'll cause all kinds of problems. I'll be on for a lil while though.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

K, will do. I just wanna see if I can finally ink a damn recruit.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:26 am

well i lost so i guess hope ND loses. It was 26-21 with 2 minute or so to go and i forced a fumble and recovered it on my 10. Next play they send an all out blitz and I get a td to go up but it gets called back to clipping, back to my fucking 27 yard line.

oh well, didnt play well they made some insane picks. just hope they lose so they dont make the nc game
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:37 am

Advanced to Week 6. Next Advance: Fri Nov. 5 @ 11pm

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 Arkansas Razorbacks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 52-38 against Ole Miss (2-3).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Auburn to face the #14 Auburn Tigers (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) P Marvin Perkins has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) DT Marc Johnson has committed to Kentucky
    - (***) C Michael Moore has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) TE Aaron Palmer has committed to Arkansas

=============== #14 Auburn Tigers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 42-21 against Mississippi State (2-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host #9 Arkansas (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Bruce Bradley has committed to Auburn
    - (****) SS Brandon Rogers has committed to Miami
    - (****) C Justin Anderson has committed to Auburn
    - (****) WR Adam Jenkins has committed to Auburn

=============== #18 Florida State Seminoles (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 45-22 against Miami (1-3).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Wake Forest (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Dennis Swan has committed to Missouri
    - (****) DT Ben Miranda has committed to Florida
    - (****) C Justin Anderson has committed to Auburn
    - (****) TE Travis Moss has committed to Alabama
    - (****) DT Chris Wright has committed to Florida

=============== #8 Georgia Bulldogs (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 33-21 against Notre Dame (5-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Curtis Ford has committed to Alabama
    - (****) C Marcus Overstreet has committed to Florida

=============== #7 Kansas Jayhawks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Kansas won 28-26 against Nebraska (3-1).
    This week, the Jayhawks will host Kansas State (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT James Darby has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) SS Jon Brooks has committed to TCU

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Gainesville to face the #24 Florida Gators (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Mike Sanders has committed to Texas
    - (****) DT Michael Ruffin has committed to TCU

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 28-14 against Illinois (2-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Mark Morris has committed to Penn State
    - (****) TE Travis Moss has committed to Alabama
    - (****) LG Stanley Johnson has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (****) DT James Darby has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #10 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 28-26 against Kansas (4-0).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-2).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host #17 Wisconsin (2-2).

=============== #19 Texas A&M Aggies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 49-38 against Kansas State (3-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (4-1).

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 41-26 against Duke (2-1).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1).

=============== #17 Wisconsin Badgers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 53-28 against Iowa (2-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K A.J. Bowen has committed to Miami
    - (****) LE Curtis Russell has committed to Florida
    - (****) SS T.J. Sutherland has committed to Texas
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:10 am

Motha fucka, I just had the hardest game against the CPU since Boston College in Rivals last year. Fucking my team didn't wanna do anything and K-State and fucking shitty ass Collin Klein were unstoppable. I eeked it out at the end 35-24, but that was some scary shit up until about a minute left when I sealed it with a first and then another TD.

I saved some replays, check some of those out. Specifically their 91-yard TD, their WR broke like three of my guys' ankles (but for some reason they were "will return soon"). And my option, "late pitch" is pretty messed up, my RB just spins right through 2 guys lol, spin is pretty over-powered on this game.

I have a bye next week and then go to Norman to face the 4th ranked Sooners. If the CPU plays like that in that game, I'm fucked.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 pm

michigan when u wanna do this???
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Splffy, I think I need to make it 940 ish tonight. Would that work for you?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 pm

yeah that's cool clark.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm posting this in both Rivals and Workers to hopefully find more people that might be interested.

Does anyone have madden or would consider buying it to get an OD going there? I wasn't going to get it, but the new league manager feature (http://myleaguemanager.net/) some guy developed would add quite a bit of depth to it.

I'm thinking about getting it and then starting up an NCAA OD and a Madden OD with the same people if we can to import draft classes and have a really cool set up.

I know a lot of people are going to buy COD and so might not have time or want to buy/do this, I just thought it would be a cool idea. I will definitely do this next season since madden itself should be a lot better with better in game franchise features and NCAA is just awesome of course and will only improve. I know it's kind of late in the season to start something like this up, but I figured if we could get some seriously interested people in it, it could last up until next season, which is a good 8 months away. I just think it would be really awesome to have a joint NCAA/Madden online dynasty with you all.

P.S. I would love to get a good Chiefs vs. Raiders rivalry going with you Splff. Jamaal Charles would own your ass.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

jhawk886 wrote:I'm posting this in both Rivals and Workers to hopefully find more people that might be interested.

Does anyone have madden or would consider buying it to get an OD going there? I wasn't going to get it, but the new league manager feature (http://myleaguemanager.net/) some guy developed would add quite a bit of depth to it.

I'm thinking about getting it and then starting up an NCAA OD and a Madden OD with the same people if we can to import draft classes and have a really cool set up.

I know a lot of people are going to buy COD and so might not have time or want to buy/do this, I just thought it would be a cool idea. I will definitely do this next season since madden itself should be a lot better with better in game franchise features and NCAA is just awesome of course and will only improve. I know it's kind of late in the season to start something like this up, but I figured if we could get some seriously interested people in it, it could last up until next season, which is a good 8 months away. I just think it would be really awesome to have a joint NCAA/Madden online dynasty with you all.

P.S. I would love to get a good Chiefs vs. Raiders rivalry going with you Splff. Jamaal Charles would own your ass.

Bad news for you man. You can't import draft classes into Madden OF. In fact, you pretty much can't do shit in OF except play games lol. Your post sounds like me the last few years lol. I think I've said every year that this will be my last year buying NCAA because Madden will be off the chain next year and when next year comes I end up playing NCAA lol. This year I didn't fool myself and just skipped Madden altogether and I must say I haven't missed it one bit. Until I see something from Madden that makes my dick pop off, we won't be having any Chiefs vs Raiders rivalries lol. Don't get me wrong. I would love to be able to play with my Raiders(my first love) and bust yo ass with them, but I refuse to buy the bullshit that they're selling with Madden. Anyway, good luck with your "quest" lol.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:I'm posting this in both Rivals and Workers to hopefully find more people that might be interested.

Bad news for you man. You can't import draft classes into Madden OF. In fact, you pretty much can't do shit in OF except play games lol. Your post sounds like me the last few years lol. I think I've said every year that this will be my last year buying NCAA because Madden will be off the chain next year and when next year comes I end up playing NCAA lol. This year I didn't fool myself and just skipped Madden altogether and I must say I haven't missed it one bit. Until I see something from Madden that makes my dick pop off, we won't be having any Chiefs vs Raiders rivalries lol. Don't get me wrong. I would love to be able to play with my Raiders(my first love) and bust yo ass with them, but I refuse to buy the bullshit that they're selling with Madden. Anyway, good luck with your "quest" lol.
    Fuck. Well that's lame as shit. Hopefully next year they'll change all that. They are supposed to focus on revamping the franchise mode as they haven't done shit to it since the change over from PS2/XBOX. Sorry for wasting everyone's time I guess.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Georgia rebounds and crushes Alabama 57-30. Already missing Washaun Ealey, who has been out since week 1 but should return next week, Alabama knocked out Aaron Murray (97 overall) and Tavarres King (98 overall) in the 1st half. King would just miss the game, but Murray will be out 9 weeks with a broken collarbone.

The Bulldogs put their fate in the hands of QB Hutson Mason, only a 79 overall sophomore. He responded by kicking 'bama's ass. He went 22-30 for 423 yards and 6 touchdowns. Georgia hopes to continue to get performances like this from Mason, who know has the fate of the entire Bulldogs' season on his shoulders.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

Fuck. Well that's lame as shit. Hopefully next year they'll change all that. They are supposed to focus on revamping the franchise mode as they haven't done shit to it since the change over from PS2/XBOX. Sorry for wasting everyone's time I guess.

Don't apologize lol. It's a good idea and one me and Urban have both said we wanted to do with our OD's but they never do anything to fix up OF. There's no import draft classes, but their also isn't a salary cap, the playoff structure is all fucked ie if you and another team end with the same record the team higher in alphabetical order would get the spot instead of the one with more conference wins. There's all kinds of stupid shit like that in OF. Anyway, you can always hope that next year will be better. Make sure you hope enough for both me and you because I've given up hope lol.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 pm

stoptherun wrote:michigan when u wanna do this???

TBH Sunday afternoon is the only day I am open this weekend.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Jesus...a true 4-day advance. I guess I should've waited to play my game.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm

da5playmaker wrote:

What are you talking about this weekend? It's thursday lol.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    da5playmaker wrote:

What are you talking about this weekend? It's thursday lol.

my weekend is thursday friday and saturday.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm

da5playmaker wrote:

damn i just missed u online. u can't play tonite??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm