GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
getonmylevelho
dclark44
KidIcarus27
splff3000
jhawk886
urbanslegend05
Joker12
gameface1324
stoptherun
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 am

Hey Playmaker, you weren't around when I said it but one sentence is not a recap. This:

da5playmaker wrote:Michigan behind the run game of Vince Smith & Austin White pull out a 17-14 W over Texas A&M.

ain't gonna work. It ain't gotta be elaborate or nothing, but it gotta be more than this. You can throw in some game stats or something to take some more space or whatever if you need to. It just has to be a lil more than this. That's all. Congrats on the win. Smile
    splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 am

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 56-17 against Texas (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Houston to face the Houston Cougars (0-0).

=============== #24 Auburn Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 41-0 against Rutgers (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Fort Worth to face the #13 TCU Horned Frogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Michael McCutcheon has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #14 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Darnell Miller has committed to Wisconsin
    - (**) FB Adrian Hall has committed to Florida State
    - (****) WR Marcus Roth has committed to Florida State
    - (****) CB Chris McMahan has committed to TCU

=============== #3 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Clemson to face the #18 Clemson Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Steven Justice has committed to Ohio State

=============== #20 Kansas Jayhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kansas won 49-42 against Wisconsin (0-1).
    This week, the Jayhawks will host Stanford (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Marcus Talley has committed to Iowa

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 58-17 against Southern Miss (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Tulane (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Cedric Richardson has committed to LSU
    - (****) SS Thomas Clayton has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Pittsburgh to face the #5 Pittsburgh Panthers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Thomas Clayton has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #7 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 90-34 against Central Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Dennis Bentley has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) MLB Andy Concepcion has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) TE Lorenzo Garcia has committed to TCU
    - (****) DT Ed Holmes has committed to Nebraska

=============== #16 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 17-14 against Texas A&M (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to South Bend to face the #11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Matt Clement has committed to Michigan
    - (***) SS Ryan Hall has committed to Michigan
    - (***) MLB Zach Jordan has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) DT Mike Wilson has committed to Michigan

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 17-14 against Michigan (1-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host #14 Florida State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Zach Jordan has committed to North Carolina

=============== #17 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 59-41 against West Virginia (1-0).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Adrian Hall has committed to Florida State
    - (****) FS Marcus Talley has committed to Iowa
    - (****) RE Justin Vincent has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 49-42 against Kansas (1-0).
    This week, the Badgers will host Oregon (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Andy Concepcion has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) CB Eddie Wright has committed to Clemson
    - (****) RT Brent Coe has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) HB Rasheed Olson has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) QB Kyle Powers has committed to USC
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Georgia plays awful and escapes Clemson with a 21-18 victory. Georgia jumped out to a 21-0 lead but then fell apart as Clemson came storming back. The defense was great, holding Clemson to 147 yards, 6 completions and 0-12 on third downs, but it was the offense that simply fell apart. After rolling early, Aaron Murray was awful throwing 4 interceptions. Ken Malcome, filling in for the injured Washaun Ealey, struggled picking up only 2.6 yards per carry, and the receivers dropped 7 passes. "we need to be better" is all Joker said to the press afterwords.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Auburn Sneaks Past TCU
    When TCU's at home and they wanna comeback......watch out!!!!!

Auburn went to Fort Worth,TX after blowing out Rutgers 41-0 in hopes of doing the same to TCU. Auburn won, but they did anything but blow them out.

The game started with Auburn stopping TCU for a 3 and out on their first possession. Auburn then came back with a drive on their own and got a TD from a 7 yd pass from Clint Mosely to Emory Blake.

TCU came right back with a 57 yds run from Ed Wesley to tie the game up at 7-7. Once Auburn got the ball back, they drove down the field again but this time Auburn fumbled on the 25 yd line and TCU's DJ Yendrey returned it 75 yds for the TD. To give TCU a 14-7 lead at the end of the first.

After that score TCU's defense begin to step up and held Auburn to 2 FG's in the 2nd qtr. and with no long runs or fumble returns, TCU's offense went scoreless in the 2nd. TCU held a 14-13 lead going in to the half.

Auburn got the ball to start the 2nd half but Mosely threw an int on their first possession. To be honest, the int wasn't exactly Mosely's fault. Their was definitely defensive holding or pass interference on that play but it wasn't called. Auburn's D held TCU and then got back to scoring, with a 75 yd pass from Mosely to Reed and a 42yd fg from Sheldon Osborn. That 42 yd fg was a career long for Osborn. Auburn's D held TCU scoreless for yet another qtr and going into the 4th, the score was 23-14.

The 4th qtr started like the 2nd and 3rd qtrs with Auburn stopping TCU and driving down the field to score to take a 30-14 lead. At this point, it looked like Auburn would indeed have the blowout they were looking for. However, someone from TCU's training staff must have gave the Auburn players some stupid juice because they seemed to have lost their minds after that score. TCU's next possession resulted in a 31 yd TD pass. Play after play during TCU's hurry up offense RB's and Wr's broke tackles from DL's and LB's to get first downs and Auburn's defensive players seemed to have gotten a step slower at this point because no one could cover anybody anymore. After the TD, the score was 30-20 because of a failed 2 pt conversion. At this point, coach splff3000 said he knew he was about to see some bullshit.

A few plays later he wasn't disappointed. As Auburn was running out the clock and in position to get more points, Auburn fumbled again. This time on TCU's 15 yd line. TCU got the ball on it's own 15 and to coach splff's surprise they ran the ball for a 5 yd gain. They ran hurry up and on 2nd down had an incomplete pass. On 3rd down they had an 80 yd TD pass and coach splff3000 couldn't understand how it happened. Coach splff3000 was irate when he looked at the replay of the TD pass and saw his CB just stand their and allow the WR to go passed him by 5yds before he came out of his back pedal to defend. That's how the WR had got so open. TCU missed the extra point to bring the score to 30-26.

On Auburn's next possession, as expected from Coach splff3000, nothing worked and Auburn had a quick 3 and out. TCU then began to go on a mad hurry up offense that Auburn couldn't seem to stop. TCU moved past midfield then had a 33 yd WR screen pass where TCU's WR broke 3 tackles, one from Auburn's top DT, one from Auburn's MLB, and one from Auburn's #1 CB. Luckily Auburn's FS tackled the WR at the 8 yd line. Coach splff3000 said he was steaming after that play.

So now it was 1st and goal on the 8 yd line with about 30 secs left in the game. With the short field it was easier to stop TCU's passing attack and Auburn got 4 stops to win the game.

Auburn coach splff3000 said that if Dyer wouldn't have got hurt in the 1st qtr they would have been able to control the clock more. From Dyer's first qtr stats that may have been true. Dyer had 3 rushes for 37yds before he got knocked out the game.

Auburn his home for the first time this year next week as they welcome a feisty Nevada team to Jordan Hare. Hopefully, Auburn can have a game more like the Rutgers game and less like the TCU game next week.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Joker12 wrote:Georgia plays awful and escapes Clemson with a 21-18 victory. Georgia jumped out to a 21-0 lead but then fell apart as Clemson came storming back. The defense was great, holding Clemson to 147 yards, 6 completions and 0-12 on third downs, but it was the offense that simply fell apart. After rolling early, Aaron Murray was awful throwing 4 interceptions. Ken Malcome, filling in for the injured Washaun Ealey, struggled picking up only 2.6 yards per carry, and the receivers dropped 7 passes. "we need to be better" is all Joker said to the press afterwords.

Looks like it was comeback week for the cpu this week lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Nebraska escapes bye
    With all the teams struggling this week in college football, perhaps the most surprising was the Cornhuskers rally to beat the bye.
    Nebraska fans were in utter shock when they realized that they might fall to the mighty byes, but coach Legend refused to let that happen.
    "I guess we were just worn out from that long one week stretch of football and the bye just kinda snuck up on us," Legend said. "I can tell you this, we won't ever underestimate the bye again. That was one pesky bye."
    With the escape, the Cornhuskers live to play again in week three, well rested of course after the LONG first two weeks of the college football season.
    "I tell you, I'm so glad that we took on bye while we could, because our guys were fatigued after scoring 90 points on Central Michigan in week one," Legend said. "Maybe now we won't be so exhausted when we travel up to Ann Arbor to take on Michigan next week."
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Lol, it might have helped if you would have given them a break. You had to be running hurry up the whole time or something. Having over 160 plays in the game is insane. You know they have a thing called chew clock for a reason. You're gonna get some of your players hurt doing that.

Plus, I saw that you restarted, I think CMU beat you and you couldn't handle it so you restarted. Razz Either that or Martinez got injured out for the season lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:47 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Lol, it might have helped if you would have given them a break. You had to be running hurry up the whole time or something. Having over 160 plays in the game is insane. You know they have a thing called chew clock for a reason. You're gonna get some of your players hurt doing that.

Plus, I saw that you restarted, I think CMU beat you and you couldn't handle it so you restarted. Razz Either that or Martinez got injured out for the season lol.

Yeah, they beat me the first time and I outscored them 90-32 the second time. Nah, nothing happened, it just glitched on me the first time.
    I don't know how I beat them so bad either. Everything I ran just went for 30+ yards it seemed. I sat everyone down and played second string the second half and just kept on doing it. It was really kinda sad.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:14 pm

CT and blaze play each other, and I think they will play tonight as blaze was saying he wants to get through week 3 by tomorrow night, and after them its just clark and ho left. So hopefully we can advance both workers and rivals tonight.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

I am almost done my game
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm

cancel that, sorry guys, I was in the first quarter of my game 0-0, and the power went out, terrible wind storm here in the hometown. Going to try and get it done again before the power goes out...if it does again
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 pm

dclark44 wrote:I am almost done my game

dclark44 wrote:cancel that, sorry guys, I was in the first quarter of my game 0-0, and the power went out, terrible wind storm here in the hometown. Going to try and get it done again before the power goes out...if it does again

WTF? You're almost done then a few minutes later the power goes out when you're in the first? Hmm, I think somebody was about to lose and decided to restart the game. No
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:11 pm

haha well, you may think that. Joker was poking fun as well. I was only in the first on my first drive of the game. Think what you want, but I know what happened. I said I am almost done just to try and get ho to play his game. Obviously it didn't work
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 pm

hawk, great pic i must say
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 pm

dclark44 wrote:hawk, great pic i must say
    Lol, I figured it was time to change it up a bit. I'd had Talib on there for long enough, a female presence was needed. The only bad thing is that it cuts off the right side, click on the pic to go to my profile to see the whole thing. It gets even better Wink
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 pm

I did that, and it showed the same picture, no bigger
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Hmm...strange.

So any news on the game between blaze and CT?
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

like, where do you get an image like that?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:hawk, great pic i must say
    Lol, I figured it was time to change it up a bit. I'd had Talib on there for long enough, a female presence was needed. The only bad thing is that it cuts off the right side, click on the pic to go to my profile to see the whole thing. It gets even better Wink

lol, How can it get better than that? Is there another naked chick that's getting cut out? That's the only way it could get better to me.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Hmm...strange.

I have no idea. It seems like I saw them posting back and forth a lil while back, but I can't remember what they said.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Hmm...strange.

Congrats jhawk!! You're avatar had me mesmerized for about 2 min real time. No joke lol. That sure is nice. Btw, it looks like she spilled some milk or something on herself. Did you see that? Smile
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm

hahaha, 2 minutes, I was probably about that as well. Just stunned by it
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Splff took the words out of my mouth. Mesmerizing.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:38 pm

CT, I can go at 9
    CT21
    CT21

Post by CT21 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:06 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:CT, I can go at 9
    ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm