GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
erawk
Muckem
da5playmaker
Joker12
JoeyJ1203
robgman15
Aftershock9958
Brownsfan23
Marco_SNAPS_55
Sinister
TJ
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JAX_JAGUARS904
Kingofda334
splff3000
20 posters

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

TJ
    TJ

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by TJ Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 am

da5playmaker wrote:
    tmjohns18 wrote:Looks like Tebow gonna be running the Panthers O.

Pretty sure you can't change playbooks of the team unless you use your XP points to buy different packages for schemes.

Well that's pretty dumb. Why EA gotta do stupid stuff left and right? The playbooks share 90% of the same plays and formations. I guess some teams know how to run slants out of an ace package, but god forbid if they try to run it out of I or Shotty, if their players don't fit that scheme they'll be lost forever Moon
    splff3000
    splff3000

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by splff3000 Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am

da5playmaker wrote:
    tmjohns18 wrote:Looks like Tebow gonna be running the Panthers O.

Pretty sure you can't change playbooks of the team unless you use your XP points to buy different packages for schemes.

Well, I'm pretty sure you're pulling this outta your ass. Moon Josh Looman has said multiple times that you can change your playbook just like you could before. Also he said, multiple times, YOU don't change your scheme. It changes automatically based on the personnel you got on your team. Anyway mfer, you ready to get yo ass whipped this year? You in the AFC now so you are sure to see me more than once. Easy wins for me. Laughing

tmjohns18 wrote:
    Well that's pretty dumb. Why EA gotta do stupid stuff left and right? The playbooks share 90% of the same plays and formations. I guess some teams know how to run slants out of an ace package, but god forbid if they try to run it out of I or Shotty, if their players don't fit that scheme they'll be lost forever Moon

Don't listen to 12. He don't know what the fuck he's talking about. lol
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm not sure if it costs you XP to get a diff pb, I do believe that changing your pb and scheme that goes with it can affect the ratings of your players.

We'll be knowing all of this very shortly.

Splff you got season ticket? Starting test CC today?
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm

When is madden available to download if you have season ticket?
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

6 PM EST
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Damn, I wanna get that shit so bad, but I also don't wanna come off 25 bucks for it.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Dolfinley wrote:Damn, I wanna get that shit so bad, but I also don't wanna come off 25 bucks for it.

Same here. Especially since, I need to finish AC Brotherhood before it comes out and since I have to work all this weekend. Most likely, I'm not gonna get it. I want to tho. I'll be at gamestop at midnight to pick it up tho. Muck, I'm gonna do the test CC, but it'll be later. probably about the middle week. You guys getting it early with the Season Ticket can you guys post impressions here:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t915-madden-retail-impressions#42530
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 am

Couple of things.

1. You can change your playbook the same as you could in 12, it doesn't cost XP. you can also change your scheme at any time.

2. Like Muck said, your scheme does effect the overall of your players - it also will effect the ratings of every other player as well, so the rating you see for all players is how they'd be rated for your scheme and not how they're rated according to the team they're on.

3. It seems as though selecting the difficulty level for CCM during the creation screen doesn't take hold once it's created, so even if you don't use custom sliders you're probably going to have to set the sliders to match all-madden from within an already started CCM.

I've only played for three hours, and so far it seems pretty great. One thing to keep in mind for those guys who play in multiple leagues is that it's going to be much more time consuming than it was last year if you hope to see success, so plan accordingly.

I'll post my retail impression soon.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Aftershock9958 wrote:Couple of things.

1. You can change your playbook the same as you could in 12, it doesn't cost XP. you can also change your scheme at any time.

2. Like Muck said, your scheme does effect the overall of your players - it also will effect the ratings of every other player as well, so the rating you see for all players is how they'd be rated for your scheme and not how they're rated according to the team they're on.

3. It seems as though selecting the difficulty level for CCM during the creation screen doesn't take hold once it's created, so even if you don't use custom sliders you're probably going to have to set the sliders to match all-madden from within an already started CCM.

I've only played for three hours, and so far it seems pretty great. One thing to keep in mind for those guys who play in multiple leagues is that it's going to be much more time consuming than it was last year if you hope to see success, so plan accordingly.

I'll post my retail impression soon.

Thanks for that insight shock. Everything I've been spouting off is based off of 2nd hand knowledge from OS or Twitter. Good to have someone with the game chime in.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Actually shock, according to this thread on OS,

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/570077-how-change-coach-schemes-ccm.html

No one is really sure how it works. Do you have the Season Ticket so that you can verify that it works like you say? It's looking more and more like its glitched based on that thread.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm about to get back on it so I'll play around a bit and see what happens.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

The actual scheme doesn't change, or at least you don't have the ability to change it directly. It may switch after you get different players in there I don't know. But you can switch the type of player you want at each position (i.e. speed back, power back, etc.) and that does exactly what shock said. Your team will then be rated correspondingly to the new types of players you want and how the players you have fit in that role.

Also have no idea yet if a player's "type" can change (i.e. from a pocket passer to a field general for QB). Type is based on where their strengths are at so regardless you can make a PP into a FG by upping those attributes (I think awareness and throw on the run are the most important for FG) even if it doesn't officially change the player's type. But how a player fits into the type you want does impact his desire to play for your team, so a wrong type player will be tougher to sign/resign than someone who fits perfectly.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I have a career started, so I'm going to do some things in it to start with, and I'll be noting what I do as I do it in this post.

First thing I did was pick out the top five rated players to figure out which player types to change: ROLB Ware 99, DT Ratliff 93, TE Witten 92, LT Smith 87, QB Romo 87. In the schemes screen I changed those five positions. QB changed from Field General to Pocket Passer. TE changed from Receiver to Blocking. LT changed from Balanced to Big Mauler. DT from Prototype to Pass Rusher. OLB from 3-4 Pass Rusher to Cover 2, and then I saved. The new ratings:

Ware 99
    Ratliff 93
    Witten 87
    Romo 86
    Smith 85

Simmed one game, and rechecked the ratings, and they're still the same so I started a game. Supersimmed just to get it over with. I did have to play the kickoff and I noticed something pretty neat. The blocker moved backwards while the ball was in the air, and at the same time the returner was moving forward, and as he caught the ball and started running he ran into his blocker and almost fell over. Anyway, at this point all the player types have reverted back to their original settings.

I think it's a glitch because you're supposed to be able to change the type of players you value as you wish, but you technically can't. It looks like you're stuck with whatever the team starts with.

Another thing I noticed is that the team needs screen reveals the player type and overall of incoming rookies, which certainly couldn't be intentional because overall is the most expensive area to scout, costing me 5 weeks worth of scouting points just to get a letter grade - although I would like to advance through to the offseason and draft some players to see if the shown overall is the same after they're drafted.

You're going to want to make sure you set up your auto-subs because I just noticed they're set to 50 out 52 in for all positions, which obviously isn't ideal for all positions.

I think for the sake of insight I'm going to advance through the rest of this CC and hit you guys with some numbers in my next post.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Say bye bye to Vontae Urb
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm

There definitely is a glitch with setting your players' desired types as it sometimes reverts back once you advance the week. I just check every week just in case and some weeks it reverts back to the original team settings and sometimes it has kept the changes.

One big thing I don't think has been mentioned that we'll have to do this year that we didn't last year is the preseason and cuts. We start out with 75 players on the roster and each preseason week we'll need to cut down a bit further and can progress our players (no scouting during preseason). I know some guys will probably want to just sim the preseason and get on with it but I've noticed a much higher rate of injury (and fairly serious injuries -- mult. weeks) in games that I've simmed than the one's I've played.

As far as the auto subs go, I changed mine and it didn't seem to matter at all. I looked on OS and other guys said the auto sub slider wasn't helping get backups in for them either so it might be bugged. The way it's set up is certainly confusing to say the least, it's much different than it's been in past games.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:16 pm

There is def a lot more than simply playing your one game per adv this year.

Offseason is way broken up like Ncaa with multiple advances for week of FA. Practice and preseason games which you earn XP points in. For practice you get to pick different scenarios which will earn different amounts of XP points.

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Muckem wrote:There is def a lot more than simply playing your one game per adv this year.

Offseason is way broken up like Ncaa with multiple advances for week of FA. Practice and preseason games which you earn XP points in. For practice you get to pick different scenarios which will earn different amounts of XP points.

And some of the practice scenarios have you playing an entire game on 5 minute quarters.

Madden this year is gonna require 3X as much time from users to manage your team and be successful long term.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Scouting also, draft could be very interesting.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:47 pm

I forgot to mention in my last post that there is already a patch scheduled to drop but it hasn't been announced what it's for, so it's possible some of the things I mentioned may be taken care of.

At week 4 I get negotiation requests from Jones, Jenkins, and Spencer. I don't really care to keep either for the money they want, so I lowball them both. Jenkins was asking for 4 years 4.6 per year, and I offered 4 years 2.45 per year and the response was "Thanks coach, my agent will get back to you next week". I do want to keep Spencer so I offer him 5 years at 4 per year, which is only 400k less per season than he's asking and I get the same response.

One thing I don't like is that the yearly salary automatically starts low and goes high, meanwhile the bonus remains static rather than starting high and tapering off. I wish we had the flexibility to structure the bonus and salary however we wanted.

Jenkins response was "Your last offer wasn't good enough, increase it or I'll test free agency." I increase the offer to 3 per year. Spencer takes the contract I offered, so he signed at a price less than what he was asking for which is good to see. At this point I start negotiations with Jones, and he wants 2.05 per year, and I offer 700k which is the lowest possible offer.

One thing I don't like about it is that you don't get any info on the player other than type and overall, which can make it difficult to figure out what you're willing to offer. You can just to to the re-sign players screen though and it will show you whose contracts are expiring so you can see ages and such.

At this point I noticed that a handful of my guys are sitting at under 1000 XP in week 5, which is probably partially my fault because even though I told you all to change your sub in/out, I never changed mine, so I'll do that now, and back to advancing.

Jenkins says "Rejected! Looks like it's time for free agency." Jones says the same. The difference in the two is that with Jenkins I offered the numbers that the negotiation screen defaulted on to begin with, and with Jones I went as low as possible from the start, and I got two cracks at Jenkins and only one at Jones. So it does give a sense of personality in the players, with never knowing if you're going to get a second opportunity to negotiate and that an insulting offer will lose the player altogether.

C Phil Costa wanted to negotiate, and his scheme fit was poor, players interest was poor, and I offered him what he wanted but all as non-guaranteed salary, and he ended negotiations on the first shot. SS Barry Church has been offered 5k more than his asking price but only 80k guaranteed, so I'm going to drop the salary and raise the bonus and see what happens. This is my third shot with him.

Just as a test, I've offered TE John Phillips 5mil per year in non-guaranteed salary with no bonus. This is 3.6 more than he's asking for, his scheme fit is poor, and his interest is medium. I want to see if he'll just accept a high paying contract with 0 bonus.

Advanced. Barry Church is giving me a fourth opportunity. John Phillips took the 5mil per year, which leaves me wondering if you can just toss lots of money at anyone with no guarantee and get them, so you don't have to worry about cap hits (which for the record, I don't like if that's the case).

I keep lowering Church's salary and raising his bonus, hovering right around what he wants per year. He's giving me a fifth opportunity now. I'm about halfway through the year now so I'm going to take a short break, post this, and then continue.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

jhawk886 wrote:There definitely is a glitch with setting your players' desired types as it sometimes reverts back once you advance the week. I just check every week just in case and some weeks it reverts back to the original team settings and sometimes it has kept the changes.

One big thing I don't think has been mentioned that we'll have to do this year that we didn't last year is the preseason and cuts. We start out with 75 players on the roster and each preseason week we'll need to cut down a bit further and can progress our players (no scouting during preseason). I know some guys will probably want to just sim the preseason and get on with it but I've noticed a much higher rate of injury (and fairly serious injuries -- mult. weeks) in games that I've simmed than the one's I've played.

As far as the auto subs go, I changed mine and it didn't seem to matter at all. I looked on OS and other guys said the auto sub slider wasn't helping get backups in for them either so it might be bugged. The way it's set up is certainly confusing to say the least, it's much different than it's been in past games.

Trust me jhawk, I've already thought about preseason. I've already decided about 24hr advances for each week of the preseason. If 2 guys can meet up and play each other, that's cool. If not, then maybe one guy can play the CPU to prevent sim injuries and stuff like that. I'm also thinking about only allowing one pause per qtr in the preseason. I know people are gonna wanna try people in different places and stuff, but its not fair to the other guy if your pausing the game and making mass subs every series. I don't know tho lol. I haven't even played the game to know how it is lol.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Well, about the TE you resigned, why wouldn't he sign that? You offered him 3x what he was asking (guessing 1.4mil was his market value) and at 1.4mil I doubt his bonus would be that high. Money talks and even though he has no bonus, realistically if he could stay on the team a handful of games he'll already make that money.

It does suck that we can't specify how we want to structure the contracts, though I'm pretty sure bonus money is always a flat rate per year, since it's given up front and it's put on the books divided up by the number of years of the contract.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Btw, thanks for the insight guys. I'm definitely paying attention to your updates shock. Damn I wish I had time to get the season ticket shit.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Church is giving me a sixth opportunity. This is good to me, because it means that certain players will have long back and forth negotiations while certain others won't, which gives me a feeling of uncertainty when negotiating. I just noticed that I've been offering him a four year deal and he desires a two year deal, so I dropped it to three years and left the money alone. After the advance he's still going, so I dropped it to two. Advanced and now he's being offered 2 years, 800k/year, 160k bonus/year, which is 5k more per season than he wants and he still isn't accepting. So it appears that even what they'll accept is player to player, since I've signed Spencer for less money than he wanted earlier. At this point he's still negotiating, so I'm just going to keep bumping the cash up and see how long this takes.

Just made it to the WC week. Just a couple tidbits: Neither the Ravens or Steelers make the playoffs, while both the Browns and Bengals do. Peyton gets 12 wins and the division title. Saints and Panthers both post 12 wins. 9-6 wins the NFC East again, but this time it's the Eagles. Brees throws 50 TDs. Cutler, Stafford, Dalton all throw 25+ picks. Donald Driver posts the most receiving TDs at 12, the highest sack number is 13 by Aldon Smith, and LOLB KJ Wright picks off more passes than anyone else.

During week 1 I progressed a couple of players, and I only had enough for about 5 or 6 players to move forward just one attribute point. I haven't touched it since then just to see what the totals would look like. Ware has an astonishing 39,000 points, and Sean Lee is sitting at 35,000. Barry Church has 30,000, Witten and Spencer have 23,000. Mike Jenkins has 22,000. DeMarco Murray and Brandon Carr are at 20,000. I have 7 players between 13,000 and 16,000 points, 3 players between 9000 and 11,000. One thing I don't like is that there are 14 players on my roster with 300 or less (hundred, not thousand).

Ware is currently at 88 agility, and just to progress that one point would take one and a half more seasons assuming he continued to put up the same numbers. To move his acceleration from 97 to 98 would take almost one full season. He's at almost 90 or above in nearly every category except zone and man coverage and jumping, so I'm going to progress that. His man is at 39, and his zone is at 61, and both are a cost of 2407 XP. I put all the XP into zone and went from 61 to 77. The cost stayed the same until I hit 75 and went up to 2455, and then at 76 it went up to 2503.

He was already a 99 ovr though, so I want to do someone else to see what kind of ovr jump I can get. Sean Lee is rated 84 with 35k points to burn. Currently his development trait is "Quick", and for 50k points I can turn that into "Superstar". I don't have that right now of course, but it seems like it might be a good investment to look into for a rookie or something. I boosted both his hit power and awareness by about 6 points each, and his overall went up two points.

I'm going to do one more player and then take a short break. SS Barry Church, 77 overall, 29k points. His development trait is only normal, so the 29,000 points he pulled in are pretty nice. One thing I note is that Sean Lee's consistency costed 10,000 to upgrade and his was a three. Church's is zero and still costs 10,000. I never really took notice to traits in our OF mostly because I don't think you could view them, but depending on the impact they have now it may effect if it's worth it to develop someone. The 29,000 XP I just dropped on Church was only worth a 1 point jump in overall.

I'll be back with more in a bit.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 pm

splff3000 wrote:Trust me jhawk, I've already thought about preseason. I've already decided about 24hr advances for each week of the preseason. If 2 guys can meet up and play each other, that's cool. If not, then maybe one guy can play the CPU to prevent sim injuries and stuff like that. I'm also thinking about only allowing one pause per qtr in the preseason. I know people are gonna wanna try people in different places and stuff, but its not fair to the other guy if your pausing the game and making mass subs every series. I don't know tho lol. I haven't even played the game to know how it is lol.

I think 24 hour advances in the preseason is fair. The games don't really mean anything, and the only thing that really needs to take place is cutting the roster down which you can do from a web browser. The cpu was pretty good about subbing in my backups during preseason though.

tmjohns18 wrote:Well, about the TE you resigned, why wouldn't he sign that? You offered him 3x what he was asking (guessing 1.4mil was his market value) and at 1.4mil I doubt his bonus would be that high. Money talks and even though he has no bonus, realistically if he could stay on the team a handful of games he'll already make that money.

It does suck that we can't specify how we want to structure the contracts, though I'm pretty sure bonus money is always a flat rate per year, since it's given up front and it's put on the books divided up by the number of years of the contract.

I know in real life they would sign that, but it seems like something that could possible be abused in the game. I might be overthinking it, as I've been known to do Smile

In real life teams can hand out the bonus money however they want, and many times they'll pay out a large chunk of that up front so that the initial salary is a low number against the cap.
    erawk

Post by erawk Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

My name is LECROY on psn. I'm friends with Urb and getonmylevelho i'd like to join the madden13franchise as the titans

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:39 pm