GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
erawk
Muckem
da5playmaker
Joker12
JoeyJ1203
robgman15
Aftershock9958
Brownsfan23
Marco_SNAPS_55
Sinister
TJ
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JAX_JAGUARS904
Kingofda334
splff3000
20 posters

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

splff3000
    splff3000

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... Empty Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by splff3000 Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Well It's never too early to start talking about what I'm planning for Grinders 13. I figure now is as good as ever to start discussing rules, settings, etc. I know no one knows how the game will be right now, but it doesn't hurt to start discussing things. So without further ado.......

- There will still be a trade committee - I know there was some speculation that we wouldn't have one because the OVR ratings are different depending on your scheme and stuff, but we will still have one. Because we don't know what each player's OVR is for each team, we will be much more lenient about looking at OVR's, but a committee is still needed to prevent crazy ass trades from happening ie Hawk trades his entire secondary for TJ's entire WR core and stuff like that. I'm confident most trades will be approved, but I still want the committee there for those few times when 2 people agree on a ridiculous trade.

- There will still be trade limits per season. We can negotiate on what that limit is. 3? 4? 5?

- We will still utilize the waiver wire as well. I know the waiver wire isn't in the game, but we will utilize it here on the site like we did with 12. Hopefully XFN is still running and we can still use the power rankings on there for the waiver wire order like we did with 12. It's the only fair way to handle released players.

- I'm thinking of adding a new rule that if you trade or drop someone, you can't put in a waiver wire claim for them until the end of the NEXT season. For example, someone trades Andy Dalton in week 4 of the 2012 season, but he get's dropped in week 11. That person that traded him couldn't put a claim in for him for the rest of the 2012 season and ALL of the 2013 season. He would then be able to put in a claim for him in the 2014 season. Thoughts?

- Another thing I'm thinking is a user has to be in the league for at least one full season before making any transactions with his team. The main reason for this is to prevent someone from joining, fucking up a team's roster, then quitting. Thoughts?

- We're gonna have to discuss penalties - I'm not talking about football penalties like PI, but how I can penalize people that don't follow directions. I'm fairly certain I can't impose cap penalties anymore so I was thinking of people having to bench players(suspending players for 4 games) or go on auto-pilot for user games and so forth. Any ideas for this?

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure more will come up later.

At this point no one has played the game and we really have no idea how CC will work. This is just more or less to get a discussion going just in case we need this stuff. The more we discuss now, the less we have to discuss later. That means more time to play lol. BTW, I'm looking at starting after the week 1 roster update drops so we have every teams opening day roster when we start.

P.S. I will be doing a trial CC when the game comes out.
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by Kingofda334 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I think you should keep trades a season.
    Ok he is what i feel should happen with the Wavier Wire. I think a person should have to wait 6 weeks before trying to sign a guy they traded or dropped and if they drop them or trade them within 6 weeks before the end of the season they cant try to sign them.
    I kind of like the having to wait a season before making transactions but i think they should still be able to sign and drop for injury purposes.
    I like the suspending players rules because i dont think you gonna have to power to penalize ppls caps.
    Another rule i think should be made is have a try out game committee, for the most part we got a good group but i feel some of the guys who was cheesy shouldnt even got in because lets face who is gonna cheese vs the commish?
    I also feel like if a team is at or the past the 50 they can go for it on 4th and 1 because alot of coaches roll the dice on 4th and 1
    JAX_JAGUARS904
    JAX_JAGUARS904

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... Empty I like the ideas, comments below

Post by JAX_JAGUARS904 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:18 pm

[quote="splff3000"]
    - There will still be a trade committee - I know there was some speculation that we wouldn't have one because the OVR ratings are different depending on your scheme and stuff, but we will still have one. Because we don't know what each player's OVR is for each team, we will be much more lenient about looking at OVR's, but a committee is still needed to prevent crazy ass trades from happening ie Hawk trades his entire secondary for TJ's entire WR core and stuff like that. I'm confident most trades will be approved, but I still want the committee there for those few times when 2 people agree on a ridiculous trade.

- There will still be trade limits per season. We can negotiate on what that limit is. 3? 4? 5?

I say make it an even 4 trade limit per year.

- I'm thinking of adding a new rule that if you trade or drop someone, you can't put in a waiver wire claim for them until the end of the NEXT season. For example, someone trades Andy Dalton in week 4 of the 2012 season, but he get's dropped in week 11. That person that traded him couldn't put a claim in for him for the rest of the 2012 season and ALL of the 2013 season. He would then be able to put in a claim for him in the 2014 season. Thoughts?

i agree with this about 90% i say give him a full year from the week of the trade to claim him instead of 2 just to be fair so no one picks up players just to spite the other user.

- Another thing I'm thinking is a user has to be in the league for at least one full season before making any transactions with his team. The main reason for this is to prevent someone from joining, fucking up a team's roster, then quitting. Thoughts? 100%agree

- We're gonna have to discuss penalties - I'm not talking about football penalties like PI, but how I can penalize people that don't follow directions. I'm fairly certain I can't impose cap penalties anymore so I was thinking of people having to bench players(suspending players for 4 games) or go on auto-pilot for user games and so forth. Any ideas for this?

I think that suspending players for four games will be better just because that will hurt a player more having to play without key starters but still giving them a fair chance of success and then after 2 times auto-pilot the user for games and lastly the 3rd can be 8 games which is half a year so after that then thats when banning and all that can occur. I like the ideas though and think that this will be a great year and my 1st with the franchise. Looking forward to it.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by jhawk886 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:31 pm

[quote="JAX_JAGUARS904"]
    splff3000 wrote:

I say make it an even 4 trade limit per year.

i agree with this about 90% i say give him a full year from the week of the trade to claim him instead of 2 just to be fair so no one picks up players just to spite the other user.

- Another thing I'm thinking is a user has to be in the league for at least one full season before making any transactions with his team. The main reason for this is to prevent someone from joining, fucking up a team's roster, then quitting. Thoughts? 100%agree

I think that suspending players for four games will be better just because that will hurt a player more having to play without key starters but still giving them a fair chance of success and then after 2 times auto-pilot the user for games and lastly the 3rd can be 8 games which is half a year so after that then thats when banning and all that can occur. I like the ideas though and think that this will be a great year and my 1st with the franchise. Looking forward to it.
    I like your participation Jax, keep it up!
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Yung, the rule is already set that you can go for it on 4th and 1 or less on your own 40 so it covers that already. I'm thinking about adding that if you're down by 3 scores in the 2nd half, you can go for it from anywhere. At some point, you got to be able to take some chances if you're losing. What do yall think about that?

Also jax, the reason I made it a full year and the rest of the season is that it would be pretty hard to keep up with when people dropped a player or traded him. It's easier to say he can't pick him back up for the rest of the season or the entire next season. that's what I was thinking, but if you guys can come up with a way to do it for one season, that doesn't involve me remembering when all the transactions are made, I'm down with it.
    JAX_JAGUARS904
    JAX_JAGUARS904

Post by JAX_JAGUARS904 Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:54 pm

splff3000 wrote:Also jax, the reason I made it a full year and the rest of the season is that it would be pretty hard to keep up when people dropped a player or traded him. It's easier to say he can't pick him back up for the rest of the season or the entire next season. that's what I was thinking, but if you guys can come up with a way to do it for one season, that doesn't involve me remembering when all the transactions are made, I'm down with it.

I was just thinking that if everyone posted who they dropped online then we could keep track but that would rely mostly on everyone's individual honesty so i think your way makes the most since like u stated.

and preciate it jhawk, i gotta be a true member because i dont just want to join only to play because i truly believe in the whole community involvement approach because it can accomplish alot more and get more done than just hoping and praying the commish can figure everything out on his own like madden on ps3 is his entire life lol.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 pm

JAX_JAGUARS904 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Also jax, the reason I made it a full year and the rest of the season is that it would be pretty hard to keep up when people dropped a player or traded him. It's easier to say he can't pick him back up for the rest of the season or the entire next season. that's what I was thinking, but if you guys can come up with a way to do it for one season, that doesn't involve me remembering when all the transactions are made, I'm down with it.

I was just thinking that if everyone posted who they dropped online then we could keep track but that would rely mostly on everyone's individual honesty so i think your way makes the most since like u stated.

and preciate it jhawk, i gotta be a true member because i dont just want to join only to play because i truly believe in the whole community involvement approach because it can accomplish alot more and get more done than just hoping and praying the commish can figure everything out on his own like madden on ps3 is his entire life lol.

Hmm, I like this Jax guy lol.

Hey guys, I was thinking of just posting everyone's number next to the member's list and getting rid of the team threads this year. What do yall think? Do we need the team threads?
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Completely agree with that splff. Makes it easy to find in one spot as well..
    JAX_JAGUARS904
    JAX_JAGUARS904

Post by JAX_JAGUARS904 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 pm

if its easier im all for it but mostly probably because i dont know the other way at all lol. and @dolfinley i sent u a ps3 request at urbanslegend05

and splff3000 whats ur ps3 id or is ur user name it so i can start sending out invites to add everyone since i cant see it yet.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Jax....it's urbanslegend15 on the ps3
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 pm

JAX_JAGUARS904 wrote:if its easier im all for it but mostly probably because i dont know the other way at all lol. and @dolfinley i sent u a ps3 request at urbanslegend05

and splff3000 whats ur ps3 id or is ur user name it so i can start sending out invites to add everyone since i cant see it yet.

It's the same.
    JAX_JAGUARS904
    JAX_JAGUARS904

Post by JAX_JAGUARS904 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm

oh alright ill send it tonight
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

I think Joker should only use 1 hand during user games.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 am

lol If you posted some naked chick pics right before yall play, he might just do that lol.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 am

I think it should be 4 trades per season

Any player dropped can't be picked up by that same team till the same week that following year. if he's there. Also no picking up cap hit. this aint basketball or baseball.

New guys should be limited to 2 trades their first season joining after week 6

Penalties i don't have an answer for that because if a player is suspended for 4 games and his replacement(s) are hurt he'll get put back into rotation anyway. We may need a different solution to that.

Anywho Bleed Green is back baby ..taking no prisoners

NFC Beast Baby
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 pm

What about forfeited draft picks as a penalty? Maybe forfeited picks in severe cases or maybe depending on what would hurt more. If a player commits a penalty and is 14-1, losing player(s) would have a greater impact. But if someone is 1-14 and commits a penalty, the loss of a player would not be as significant as the loss of a draft pick. Maybe force em to pick the worst Punter in the draft with whatever pick is penalized.

I like the idea of not being able to sign a guy who you either waived or traded unless at least an entire year has passed since. If you no longer value a player or feel you know longer need them and trade/waive them, then there should be no reason that you would pick that player backup if he was available a few weeks later. The only other circumstance around waived players if you need to pick a game up due to injuries for a short period of time, maybe if a player is waived and has only been on a team for 3-4 weeks the user isn't restricted to picking up that same player later on.

Also with waived players, are we going to match the contract of the player? I don't think it was necessary last year, but I think it would have an impact on who puts in claims for players (unless the console restricts it to a 1 year offer). So if I see Joey claim a guy and I'm lower ranked, I would have to look at his contract to see if I want to claim him, instead of just doing it to spite Joey and end up cutting him in the offseason. If a guy had a large contract many might not be able to afford it or want to pay it and in result would not put a claim in on the player.

Splff, are you doing a trial online CC? I got season ticket and I'm sure a couple others do so if you wanna get one going with users to see how CC works out I'd be up for it.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Hey guys I'm back I'll b ready for madden 13 spliff if u need me to do a try out game again let me know if u need my nnumber again here 915-255-1004 hope to hear from u fellas soon
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm

hey splff we still going with 8min and 25 sec run off right
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Sinister wrote:I think it should be 4 trades per season

Any player dropped can't be picked up by that same team till the same week that following year. if he's there. Also no picking up cap hit. this aint basketball or baseball.

New guys should be limited to 2 trades their first season joining after week 6

Penalties i don't have an answer for that because if a player is suspended for 4 games and his replacement(s) are hurt he'll get put back into rotation anyway. We may need a different solution to that.

Anywho Bleed Green is back baby ..taking no prisoners

NFC Beast Baby

2 trades is a bit much for someone new IMO. How about I revise it from "they can't make any transactions( such as trades or drops) for a full year" to "they can't make any transactions until the offseason." I don't know how I want it done. I just know I don't want people joining then immediately making all kinds of trades and drops and stuff without even really knowing their team like what happened last year.

tmjohns18 wrote:What about forfeited draft picks as a penalty? Maybe forfeited picks in severe cases or maybe depending on what would hurt more. If a player commits a penalty and is 14-1, losing player(s) would have a greater impact. But if someone is 1-14 and commits a penalty, the loss of a player would not be as significant as the loss of a draft pick. Maybe force em to pick the worst Punter in the draft with whatever pick is penalized.

I like the idea of not being able to sign a guy who you either waived or traded unless at least an entire year has passed since. If you no longer value a player or feel you know longer need them and trade/waive them, then there should be no reason that you would pick that player backup if he was available a few weeks later. The only other circumstance around waived players if you need to pick a game up due to injuries for a short period of time, maybe if a player is waived and has only been on a team for 3-4 weeks the user isn't restricted to picking up that same player later on.

Also with waived players, are we going to match the contract of the player? I don't think it was necessary last year, but I think it would have an impact on who puts in claims for players (unless the console restricts it to a 1 year offer). So if I see Joey claim a guy and I'm lower ranked, I would have to look at his contract to see if I want to claim him, instead of just doing it to spite Joey and end up cutting him in the offseason. If a guy had a large contract many might not be able to afford it or want to pay it and in result would not put a claim in on the player.

Splff, are you doing a trial online CC? I got season ticket and I'm sure a couple others do so if you wanna get one going with users to see how CC works out I'd be up for it.

Well Tj, you brought up some good points. We can definitely look into the losing the draft pick thing. Were gonna have to see how the contract thing works. If there is a record of the contract somewhere, whoever picking the player up will just offer the same type of contract he had when he got cut, in a sense, picking up his current contract ala the real waiver wire. Worse comes to worst, the user doing the dropping, would just have to post what the contract is in the waiver wire thread like we did last year. We'll figure it out.

And Yeah I'm getting the early ticket and doing a trial. I probably wont be starting the trial tho til after the game drops so people that didn't get the early pass that want to join can do that.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Sinister wrote:hey splff we still going with 8min and 25 sec run off right

I don't know what we gonna do man. I know you can change the runoff time to whatever you want now so I'm gonna experiment once the game comes out to see if there is something better.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

splff i still think that takes away from the experience its like being adopted by a new family but your first year you don't get presents for christmas or celebrating your birthday . with that rule no one would want to join let alone join... I understand we had alot of guys that came and went . if that's the case then league should be locked from year to year. new guys could only join once new season started
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I feel ya man. We'll have to discuss it more when the gangs all here. I'm gonna tell you right now tho, there will be some kind of waiting period. We can discuss how long, but we can't do like we did last year.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Hey guys, Im hoping to join the Bills once Madden 13 comes out. Im from Cleveland, Ohio, which means I love all my Cleveland sports. I was born in Buffalo which is why I chose the Bills and have been playing Madden for over 10 years.

I like having a trade committee, we had it for a 2K league and it helped us keep teams from getting killed in trades. In Madden, I think its even more important because you have more movable players as well as picks. I think a trade limit of 2 would be good, teams rarely make one trade during the season unless an injury has happened.
    Id shorten that waiver wire wait time to games instead of a season, maybe 8 games? I wouldn't do the not letting new owners trade players, Id have stricter guidelines though, that way the team still doesn't get blown up in a bad deal.
    Someone mentioned taking away a pick or player suspension if someone breaks a rule. I think that would be the best way, the worser the penalty committed, the higher the draft pick taken away or length of a player suspension.
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:54 pm

if yall aint heard yet tbe Demo will drop aug 14th
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm going to come back to this so I can go a little more in-depth on my thoughts on certain things when I have more time, but for now I wanted to comment on the new player thing.

When I took over Dallas mid-way through last year's franchise, the roster was wrecked and needed working over. I did drop a lot of guys and pick up a lot of FAs right out of the gate, and I made a few trades my first year too. By the last year (which I wish we would have gotten to finish out, you fing NCAA junkies) I had a team I really liked. I wouldn't have felt the same way if I was handcuffed from making the moves that were necessary for an entire season.

So to me, I don't think it's a great idea. If I remember right, at one point in our last full year we had around 30 guys playing, so clearly the turnover of some of the owners didn't stop us from having schedules full of user games, with the odd cpu game here or there. There is also a trade committee to stop retarded trades from taking place, so trades shouldn't even be a worry - perhaps we just need to scrutinize trades made by new guys just a little bit more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 am