GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
mrdinknose
Jbrax1122
xksong
SkillzKillz719
regggie16
dipsh
10 posters

Ideas For Rules

dipsh
    dipsh

Ideas For Rules - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas For Rules

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Well Jared as much as we have butted heads on this issue in the past all of what you just said I 100% agree with. My beef with Hawks terrible sliders was if you have to take any setting to 0 it's gotten out of control. They were a fucking mess and the CPU still couldn't run on some guys. If they made a slider for CPU play calling not being so terrible it would fix most of it. You have a ton of know it all douche bags on OS that say the threshold should be on 0 before the game even comes out. Me, Chugg and Dink are all decent players and at the end of each season we take a look at stats and decide if anything needs tweaked and sometimes will adjust a thing or two. But taking THA to 0 just seems dumb as shit to me. The game is made pretty well in the fact that if your QB gets hot regardless of his THA rating he will throw better but when THA slider is set to 0 and you throw an early pick the guy turns into a useless piece of shit that throws balls that look like they're intended to go to DB's. Regardless of how smart these slider makers think they are they never get it right for everyone. I just think communication is the key. I'm sure you and me and Chugg and Dink will play enough this weekend to make a call on where to start at least.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

I just watched like 45 minutes of a 2 hour video on recruiting and what I took from the guy that was playing and my own impressions (I don't have Season Ticket) it seems like recruiting can be a biased towards the CPU on Heisman.

Almost exactly how they seem to kind of know what plays you are running. Just a thought. Haven't even played the game, but I love recruiting and want this to be an awesome OD!

How is recruiting so far guys??
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 am

Scouting is awesome so far IMO. We are playing week 4 now. We are Virginia at TCU. We played 2 games on AA difficulty and were running a little too easy and the CPU offense was struggling. We went to Heisman and lost 16-14 to GT. And we are losing 16-7 at TCU right now. The CPU offense seems perfect on heisman but their d is really good. We are really struggling to move the ball. I will try to keep u guys posted.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 am

GT ran the option better than I've ever seen. It was really tough to stop. Fun as hell. TCU's d is kickin our ass. Chugg just punched one in to make it 16-14 TCU mid 4th quarter.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:06 am

We found two gems with scouting and two busts. It seems to work perfect. We scouted a three star guard who started as a 60 overall but after scouting we found out he was a 68 and it called him a gem. So the surprise gems arent all too good. I like it a lot so far.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:12 am

Well it sounds like so far everything is leaning Heisman!

Glad to hear GT can move the ball!!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:15 am

We lost to TCU 24-21 and now we are down 10-3 at the half to La Tech. We've thrown 3 first half picks. Chugg scored on a deep pass as I'm writing this. 10-10. Only dumb thing is we've sacked their QB 6 times but this is the only game out of 5 that has been crazy.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:36 am

Ended up beating La Tech 20-10. Then Duke started out good but started lookin terrible and we killed them 38-14 at Duke. Maryland is beating us 10-3 at the start of the 2nd quarter. We've signed two recruits and are the #69 recruiting class. We signed a 3 star gem guard (68) and a 2 star (58) TE. Bama is #1 and has signed 10 guys.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 pm

What game speed are you running? I've heard it needs to be slowed down from normal to show the discrepancy between slow and fast players (i.e. a DL running down a HB with ease).
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 pm

PalmettoTiger wrote:What game speed are you running? I've heard it needs to be slowed down from normal to show the discrepancy between slow and fast players (i.e. a DL running down a HB with ease).

What your describing is the speed threshold. The same group of guys on OS say that every year. In my opinion it is simply not true. I've tested it myself and yes if a DL takes a good angle and has decent speed he may catch your HB from behind. If you are streaking down the sideline and a DL gives chase he will not catch u I promise.

Game speed is the overall speed of the players and the game in general. Jared said something about trying slow speed and I think we should all try it and give feedback but I won't change the threshold. It's perfect.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 pm

Maybe it's cuz I have been playing on normal this whole time, but when I tried slow for a half of a game it just felt so weird. It almost makes the game a lot easier IMO, which I am not sure I like....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am