Ideas For Rules

dipsh
    dipsh

Ideas For Rules Empty Ideas For Rules

Post by dipsh on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Post any ideas for rules here. Even if you think it might be a stupid idea. Anything you've seen in other leagues that worked or didn't work. Or things you think would be fun to try. Also if someone posts a rule you love or hate write that too. Communication keeps these leagues strong. Even shit talk is good. At least it shows you're paying attention. Any rules that we agree on will be set in stone and we will not change any current or future rules unless it's a 100% agreement by every user in the league. If one dude says I don't agree then we will not change it as long as it is a user that is active and involved in league discussions and such.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Ideas For Rules Empty Re: Ideas For Rules

Post by dipsh on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

The recruiting rule they used in RivalsPS3 last year worked perfect. You can only sign as many recruits as you have seniors +2. It keeps people from just recruiting players to steal them from other users then just cutting them. Hopefully Jared can help us monitor that? I will ask him how he did it last year.... If he ever logs on again...
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

what about rosters?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 am

regggie16 wrote:what about rosters?

We will hold off on starting till a set of named ones comes out. Usually a few days after the game releases.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 am

After a year or so, if you feel the interest slipping we can always merge into a Super Conference.

Hopefully this isn't necessary, and I'd rather have the teams stick to their conference for the most part, there's always this idea.

But who knows. I could be jinxing it. Hopefully there's no need for it!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 am

SkillzKillz719 wrote:After a year or so, if you feel the interest slipping we can always merge into a Super Conference.

Hopefully this isn't necessary, and I'd rather have the teams stick to their conference for the most part, there's always this idea.

But who knows. I could be jinxing it. Hopefully there's no need for it!

Any body that loses interest and stops contributing we will have no problem replacing as long as we keep 10 or 11 solid users.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:28 am

Any body that loses interest and stops contributing we will have no problem replacing as long as we keep 10 or 11 solid users.

True. Whatever works, I'm down for. Keep the OD going! lol
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 am

I think having 3-4 in a conference keeps it going good, cause if you have too many people in a conference all of a sudden one person misses a game here...another misses a game there, and a lot of people start losing interest and dropping out. (From past experiences) i feel like with 3-4 in a conference we get the online user experience playing eachother but we also play the computer and its easier to get our games in that way. Just my 2 cents.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 am

regggie16 wrote:I think having 3-4 in a conference keeps it going good, cause if you have too many people in a conference all of a sudden one person misses a game here...another misses a game there, and a lot of people start losing interest and dropping out. (From past experiences) i feel like with 3-4 in a conference we get the online user experience playing eachother but we also play the computer and its easier to get our games in that way. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I'm leaning towards 3 users in 4 conferences just to spread it out better but we will see how the chips fall. Maybe Jared will be brave and try to bring Vandy to the top of the SEC?
    xksong
    xksong

Post by xksong on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:52 am

dipsh wrote:The recruiting rule they used in RivalsPS3 last year worked perfect. You can only sign as many recruits as you have seniors +2. It keeps people from just recruiting players to steal them from other users then just cutting them. Hopefully Jared can help us monitor that? I will ask him how he did it last year.... If he ever logs on again...

I really like this idea, but I'm a little bit confused.

So basically we shouldn't offer more scholarships than seniors at one time right? Because of prospects various visit dates and what not is it not possible to accidentally recruit more prospects than seniors?

If that happens, do we just get to pick who we cut?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 am

To be honest I need to ask Jared how it worked. I remember I liked the rule but he managed it so once he returns I will ask him how it worked.
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Did you guys have any rules as far as position changes? It's annoying to see a 180lb OLB with 98 speed. I playe in a league where then had an overall-weight req for people who did that. It's one thing to move a Saftey who is 6'2 210 to OLB but CB who just fast seems very unrealistic. But that's JMO
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Jbrax1122 wrote:Did you guys have any rules as far as position changes? It's annoying to see a 180lb OLB with 98 speed. I playe in a league where then had an overall-weight req for people who did that. It's one thing to move a Saftey who is 6'2 210 to OLB but CB who just fast seems very unrealistic. But that's JMO

You're right that would be super stupid and not sim at all. We'll make a rule against that for sure. If people are wanting to do that then this is the wrong OD for them
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 pm

dipsh wrote:
    regggie16 wrote:I think having 3-4 in a conference keeps it going good, cause if you have too many people in a conference all of a sudden one person misses a game here...another misses a game there, and a lot of people start losing interest and dropping out. (From past experiences) i feel like with 3-4 in a conference we get the online user experience playing eachother but we also play the computer and its easier to get our games in that way. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I'm leaning towards 3 users in 4 conferences just to spread it out better but we will see how the chips fall. Maybe Jared will be brave and try to bring Vandy to the top of the SEC?

I'm with both y'all 3 users in 4 conf is my choice however I do want everyone to be a team they enjoy
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 pm

I got one more guy who is eager to get in. I told him we are full but if any of our guys drop I'll let him know. If any of you guys are not committed to playing and staying active on the forums then please bail now. I've got two who haven't followed the Twitter not including Jared. If you don't wanna do it that's fine but please let me know why not. If I don't hear from you I will assume you're not committed and replace you with this other guy. I'm not trying to be a douche but I've seen too many guys join 5 OD's and then quit the first one they lose in.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:08 am

Jbrax1122 wrote:Did you guys have any rules as far as position changes? It's annoying to see a 180lb OLB with 98 speed. I playe in a league where then had an overall-weight req for people who did that. It's one thing to move a Saftey who is 6'2 210 to OLB but CB who just fast seems very unrealistic. But that's JMO

I just noticed this. I really don't have an issue with people doing whatever they want but to be honest I had no idea people really did this stupid shit. I think it would get you killed. Lineman would just roll those corners up. I've seen guys make fast HB's into FB's and such but I guess this is an issue I think we deal with if we see it happening. I can promise I would rather go 0-12 than win one game with a 5'8" corner that I moved to DT.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am

mrdinknose wrote:

You're right that would be super stupid and not sim at all. We'll make a rule against that for sure. If people are wanting to do that then this is the wrong OD for them

Amen
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:38 am

Cool. I agree they do get block at times but if you drop back to pass and a speed 98 CB-OLB comes off the edge fast it's hard to defend lol. But yeah I'm sure we can adjust on a case by case basis. I to rather lose all my games before pulling a stunt like that. Like I said there are real Saftey-OLD hybrid players like Deion Bailey @ USC but more than speed factors into it.
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 am

Yeah its something that would be hard to monitor, but like others said hopefully you did not come to this Online Dynasty thinking you were going to run like that.
    xksong
    xksong

Post by xksong on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

dipsh wrote:I got one more guy who is eager to get in. I told him we are full but if any of our guys drop I'll let him know. If any of you guys are not committed to playing and staying active on the forums then please bail now. I've got two who haven't followed the Twitter not including Jared. If you don't wanna do it that's fine but please let me know why not. If I don't hear from you I will assume you're not committed and replace you with this other guy. I'm not trying to be a douche but I've seen too many guys join 5 OD's and then quit the first one they lose in.

I completely understand this, it's one of the reasons I rarely played any OD up until now.

So many guys get in and don't play, so frustrating.

DOn't worry abt me, I'm all in!
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey guys, my two cents.

I believe the traditional Rivals recruiting limit is SENIORS LEAVING+3, but I am down for +2 just as well, doesn't matter to me.

I feel like with rules you either gotta get real in depth or just kinda lay down a blueprint. Basically, to avoid lengthy in depth debates, I say we just keep it kinda general but specific to one theme: Do You See It On Saturdays?

As far as sliders and settings, I am staying out of that this year, that caused me a lot of stress last year lol. Nobody is ever gonna all agree on a certain setting, and I kinda think having league wide votes for each little thing just takes too long. Whatever slider set or settings dips decides on I will live with, I just wanna play and have fun this time around.

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Yo dips, we doing the mandatory amount of user games or we just letting the conference foes handle it themselves? I am cool either way, jsut wonderin!
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Since we have 4 conference, I'm down for 1 non conference User game per year Ala "PAC-12 v Big10" or PAC-12 v Big East...... Ect.... I think that will be fun and give conferences bragging rights over the other for a year.... That would be a crazy string of games/battles to kick the season off... then we could rotate what conference you play ever Two years after a Home and Home. Just an Idea but I think that would be cool
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 pm

That's not a bad idea. I am down for whatever you guys want to do
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm planning on every user playing no less than 3 user games. I will take as many as I can get but no one will be forced to play more than 3 per season. As far as the conference rotation goes I like the idea. If it's not to hard to manage we will probably do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:27 am