GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
CT21
jusblaze09
KidIcarus27
ehicks009
Joker12
jhawk886
dclark44
urbanslegend05
splff3000
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:27 pm

stoptherun wrote:Like the scroll Splff!

Yeah, figured it's a lil something to keep everyone updated. Now all I need is for Urbs to announce advances and advance dates for Rivals so I can keep it updated lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I think I like the rivals advance day set as who the fuck knows
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Ok fellas, we're getting closer to the offseason so it's time to start thinking about the home and homes for next season. Most users have plenty of conference games but you should setup a home and home because if you don't have at least 3 user games, I will schedule a home and home for you. At least this way you get to choose who your opponent will be. So start thinking about who you want. When you figure it out, post it in the scheduling thread created by jusblaze.

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/workers-dynasty-2011-f2/2011-scheduling-t14.htm

That makes it much easier for me to keep track of who wants what and who's at home and stuff. I can go look at the thread instead of searching through pages and pages of other posts to find the home and home posts. Just post it there and unless there's a scheduling conflict or they say they don't wanna do it, it'll be granted.

Also we're almost into the offseason. The chatbox is gonna be great for that. For the new people (jhawk) we like to try to do the offseason, or the majority of it, in one sitting. Anyway, when that time comes, I'm gonna move the chatbox to the front page. I'll discuss that more as we get closer to it.

One more thing. I'm a little curious, how's everyone enjoying NCAA so far this year. I don't know what's going on, but I am definitely enjoying myself. I usually could start feeling the burnout starting to set in around this time but I'm itching to go still. I guess since I didn't by Madden this year, NCAA is filling all of my videogame football needs. It also helps that I can be in 2 OD's. The pace of the OD's is a little slower, but it allows me to stay in both without getting overwhelmed so I guess that's cool.

Finally, Urbs, you getting banned from OS was probably the best thing to happen to these OD's lol. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way either lol. Having our own site is so fucking tight. I be at work looking at this shit and people are like WTF is that site? And I'm like, it's our OD site for NCAA football. Then they're like ya'll got ya'll own site? Then they call me a nerd lol. But the site is fucking awesome. I love being able to say exactly what I'm thinking without fear of repercussion. And a nice surprise is the chatbox being great for live game updates. I'm still gonna try to get Meebo up here for when you want to talk in private but the chatbox is great. Anyway, those are my rants for the day.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:I think I like the rivals advance day set as who the fuck knows

lol, I was thinking, have I ever knew the advance day in rivals............. in advance? And then it dawned on me, no I haven't lol. So if you want me to leave it like that or change it just let me know. In fact, I think a better idea would be for me to show you how to change it or add your own announcements(it's easy) so you can do it yourself when you feel like it. Let me know which you want to do.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah, I'd like to do that for my own announcement. That'd be cool for setting up the offseason and junk. As far as the advance date goes, my thought this year has been, we have the majority of the same people as last year, so they know what's going on. Everyone knows that we try to advance every day, but sometimes it lags for two or three. I don't try to set a date, because I feel like that just lets people say, well, I've got three days to get this in. Without one, if I see someone's last, I just tell them to hurry the fuck up. lol.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

splff3000 wrote:

One more thing. I'm a little curious, how's everyone enjoying NCAA so far this year. I don't know what's going on, but I am definitely enjoying myself. I usually could start feeling the burnout starting to set in around this time but I'm itching to go still. I guess since I didn't by Madden this year, NCAA is filling all of my videogame football needs. It also helps that I can be in 2 OD's. The pace of the OD's is a little slower, but it allows me to stay in both without getting overwhelmed so I guess that's cool.

Finally, Urbs, you getting banned from OS was probably the best thing to happen to these OD's lol. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way either lol. Having our own site is so fucking tight. I be at work looking at this shit and people are like WTF is that site? And I'm like, it's our OD site for NCAA football. Then they're like ya'll got ya'll own site? Then they call me a nerd lol. But the site is fucking awesome. I love being able to say exactly what I'm thinking without fear of repercussion. And a nice surprise is the chatbox being great for live game updates. I'm still gonna try to get Meebo up here for when you want to talk in private but the chatbox is great. Anyway, those are my rants for the day.

For next year, as always, I'm takin on anybody that wants a piece.

For NCAA I'm lovin it even more this year. Bought Madden but i never play it really. I'm usually stuck on one game at a time (until i get sick of it) but for now NCAA is enough for me. This will prolly b the only thing i play until Black Ops comes out. (again thanks to u guys for turning me on to MW that shit is crazy!)

And last, the boards are awesome! I love being able to have some real talk and say whatever the fuck I want. Just writing that last sentence felt great. So big up to splff for makin this shit look great and to everybody for participating. Let's keep it rollin!!

dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I will take on any one of you bums (no fag) next year. Step up
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

For me I want to play at Georgia Tech to finish my series with them and I'd also like to face whoever I play in my bowl game for a rematch, if that's cool with them if it's a user. My other two I want to be from BCS conferences that aren't the ACC or the conference my bowl opponent is from.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:14 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Yeah, I'd like to do that for my own announcement. That'd be cool for setting up the offseason and junk. As far as the advance date goes, my thought this year has been, we have the majority of the same people as last year, so they know what's going on. Everyone knows that we try to advance every day, but sometimes it lags for two or three. I don't try to set a date, because I feel like that just lets people say, well, I've got three days to get this in. Without one, if I see someone's last, I just tell them to hurry the fuck up. lol.

Well, I like to set a date so that there is threshold to how long I will wait. Just like what happened the other day. I totally forgot that the advance time was Sunday at 6 AM. We waiting o DDA and Breon, but since I saw that and I hadn't heard from either, I went on ahead and advanced. I like that structure to be there lol. Like you said, most of these guys have been in multiple years, so I don't expect them to say, well I got until **insert 3 days later here** to get my game in. Besides, most guys know if we end up waiting on you, there's gonna be a lot whining lol. Anyway, I just like to have that date known so people know when they have to be done by, but also as a reminder to me so I don't end up waiting 4 or 5 days for someone to get their game in when I haven't heard anything from them. It's cool I'll send you a pm with the instructions and stuff and a few other things.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:20 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    For next year, as always, I'm takin on anybody that wants a piece.

dclark44 wrote:I will take on any one of you bums (no fag) next year. Step up

jhawk886 wrote:For me I want to play at Georgia Tech to finish my series with them and I'd also like to face whoever I play in my bowl game for a rematch, if that's cool with them if it's a user. My other two I want to be from BCS conferences that aren't the ACC or the conference my bowl opponent is from.

Well, when you guys figure out who you want to play, post it in the scheduling thread. I suggest everyone, if you want to know who wants to play you or turn down a home and home or whatever, that you look at the scheduling thread when you see a new post in it. So you know what's happening.

Last edited by splff3000 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Blaze I got about another 5 minute window where we could start. If we don't do it before then, I'll have to get ready for work.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 pm

I told you I couldn't play til 3
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

I didn't know if you might have had some time open up. I saw you lurking around the forum. I will be home later this evening, probably sometime around 11 til midnight, so look for me then or soon after.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 pm

11 is fine...now I don't have to rush home. Splff, are you still on nights?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:43 pm

It might be later than 11. I don't have a set time off. Just letting you know an estimate for about what time I'll be home.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Alright I've got the stats done through this week. I can send the file to anyone who wants it, it's in excel. The main areas where our stats differ greatly from that of real life are in our user passing game, user defense (too few yards allowed), and too few penalties.

We are averaging 423 yards per game on offense. Only 24 teams in all of college football did that last year. Most of that is passing yards as we are throwing for 263 yards a game. The average passing yards per game last year was about 220. An acceptable range for us to be in would be between 200-240 yards. We are also very high above the average for average yards per pass attempt and completion, but those should go down with the yards. We are also slightly above the average for the running game but with the new patch addressing the running game we'll have to test how the changes made affect gameplay.

We are also scoring too many points. We are averaging 34 points a game where only 13 teams did that last year. Essentially, we need to make offense harder as we're finding it too easy to get yards and score, especially in the passing game. I know a lot of this is due to poor CPU playcalling, but we have to compensate for that by making the sliders a little more difficult.

On the defensive side of the ball, the CPU is averaging way too few yards and points per game. They're at 321 yards per game, only 24 defenses allowed fewer yards per game than that last year. We're only giving up an average of 21 points a game, 33 teams accomplished that feat last year.

We are averaging 3 penalties a game. That's half of what the league average was last year.

The point of all of this is to get us as close to real life numbers as we can while still making the game fun. We need to make the computer more competitive so that it's not always a cakewalk. We can use this information to adjust the sliders to attempt and bring us closer to realistic numbers and test them to make sure they are still fun to play. The main goal is as always to make it an enjoyable gaming experience, it being realistic will always come second, but I don't believe they are mutually exclusive. We will find a good middle ground to ensure fun, yet competitive, games throughout the season.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:11 is fine...now I don't have to rush home. Splff, are you still on nights?

Naw, not this week. If yall don't start too late I can advance when yall are done.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Alright I've got the stats done through this week. I can send the file to anyone who wants it, it's in excel. The main areas where our stats differ greatly from that of real life are in our user passing game, user defense (too few yards allowed), and too few penalties.

We are averaging 423 yards per game on offense. Only 24 teams in all of college football did that last year. Most of that is passing yards as we are throwing for 263 yards a game. The average passing yards per game last year was about 220. An acceptable range for us to be in would be between 200-240 yards. We are also very high above the average for average yards per pass attempt and completion, but those should go down with the yards. We are also slightly above the average for the running game but with the new patch addressing the running game we'll have to test how the changes made affect gameplay.

We are also scoring too many points. We are averaging 34 points a game where only 13 teams did that last year. Essentially, we need to make offense harder as we're finding it too easy to get yards and score, especially in the passing game. I know a lot of this is due to poor CPU playcalling, but we have to compensate for that by making the sliders a little more difficult.

On the defensive side of the ball, the CPU is averaging way too few yards and points per game. They're at 321 yards per game, only 24 defenses allowed fewer yards per game than that last year. We're only giving up an average of 21 points a game, 33 teams accomplished that feat last year.

We are averaging 3 penalties a game. That's half of what the league average was last year.

The point of all of this is to get us as close to real life numbers as we can while still making the game fun. We need to make the computer more competitive so that it's not always a cakewalk. We can use this information to adjust the sliders to attempt and bring us closer to realistic numbers and test them to make sure they are still fun to play. The main goal is as always to make it an enjoyable gaming experience, it being realistic will always come second, but I don't believe they are mutually exclusive. We will find a good middle ground to ensure fun, yet competitive, games throughout the season.

I'd like it man, if it's not too much trouble.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:Alright I've got the stats done through this week. I can send the file to anyone who wants it, it's in excel. The main areas where our stats differ greatly from that of real life are in our user passing game, user defense (too few yards allowed), and too few penalties.

I'd like it man, if it's not too much trouble.
    No problem what's your email?
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 pm

CPU is already kickin my ass lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm just curious. Does anyone here watch Anime? I mean really watch Anime, not just seen a movie here or there.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 am

Hey blaze, Urbs just texted me and wanted me to tell you that its gonna be a lil after midnite
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

Okay, that's good
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 am

Any update on Urbs, I have to get up in the morning so I have at most a 30 min window the game needs to start before I need to go to bed.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 am

jusblaze09 wrote:Any update on Urbs, I have to get up in the morning so I have at most a 30 min window the game needs to start before I need to go to bed.
    I just texted him. I'll let you know when he replies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:50 pm