GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
getonmylevelho
dclark44
KidIcarus27
splff3000
jhawk886
urbanslegend05
Joker12
gameface1324
stoptherun
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

dclark44
    dclark44

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Ho. To shut you the fuck up. Play me next year against Bama. You think you're so tough beating me with a great team I'll beat you with my great team. Fag
    da5playmaker

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 pm

I am back!!!!!

I only signed up to do 3 things.

#1. Talk shit
    #2. Get my only win every year over DDAcrybaby cause he's the worst.
    #3. Kick the shit out of kid.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:57 pm

dclark44 wrote:Ho. To shut you the fuck up. Play me next year against Bama. You think you're so tough beating me with a great team I'll beat you with my great team. Fag

they put a cap on this league so no one could get an all A+ team and u still bitch and moan and call me a fag..grow up..you're a fucking idiot and nothing u say on this board holds any weight..it just wastes everybody's time to have to scroll down 7 posts because they dont want to hear how everybody is a cheeser if they beat u..your buddy joker lost and made a meaningful post about my game play..so read that and gain some class from a great user..your stupid ass should get booted out of both leagues because when u lose u cry..so basically what im saying is shut the fuck up..u have to earn your chance to play me..bitch
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Damn, where did you find the popcorn splff because I think it's about time to break it out lol.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

sounds like DC is the new ddacrybaby.

Yo Geton HOW ABOUT THOSE SEMINOLES!!!!!!!! Top dog of florida again.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:12 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Damn, where did you find the popcorn splff because I think it's about time to break it out lol.

I got my popcorn popping right now.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Ho, firstly, I want to play you in Rivals with Bama next year. I guarantee a win. Guarantee a win. Heck I'll play you in Florida for all I care. If you beat me in Florida with FSU, then I'll admit you're better than me. But for now, I am better than you so shut up
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:25 pm

anyway we can mute dcsucks? Guy is annoying and a big crybaby.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I thought you quit cause it was too hard for you? Wonder how long its gonna take for you to changes teams or quit again
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm

da5playmaker wrote:anyway we can mute dcsucks? Guy is annoying and a big crybaby.

go to your profile then put him on your foes list.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    da5playmaker wrote:anyway we can mute dcsucks? Guy is annoying and a big crybaby.

go to your profile then put him on your foes list.

that's an excellent idea
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 pm

dclark44 wrote:I thought you quit cause it was too hard for you? Wonder how long its gonna take for you to changes teams or quit again

I do what I want.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:44 pm

da5playmaker wrote:sounds like DC is the new ddacrybaby.

Yo Geton HOW ABOUT THOSE SEMINOLES!!!!!!!! Top dog of florida again.

They scared the shit out of me yesterday. There wasn't a lot to get excited about sitting in the stands and watching the horrendous play of Ponder, but....that Bert Reed end around was amazing!! The D is pretty tight as well..they snuck up on me when I heard they were leading the league in sacks..didn't see that one coming.

Still getting a W when we obviously played horribly is good though. I think we'll be in full force after getting gut checked again and everybody will get to see the Noles ball in their primetime Thursday night game.

And...3 losses in a row for Florida is like Christmas. That has been us for the last 7 years..good to see the Tebow lovers upset for once
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:53 pm

I agree but every team has those tough games, BC and FSU always play each other tough. Just good to see FSU can win when the offense isn't clicking I was ready for EJ to come in Ponder's injury still effects him. Watching Urban Meyer lose is like christmas fuck him and hope he has another heart attack.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 pm

with last year's defense, we would have been slaughtered yesterday..but i'll take a W any way it comes..lol..u know meyer's anxiety is off the chart after all this..get this guy his medication
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:42 pm

The Virginia Tech Hokies are Orange Bowl Champs!!!. It wasn't without a fight from 8th ranked TCU. The Horned Frogs used solid defense in order to pretty much shut down the Hokie offense until , well really the whole game. They used ball control offense, which the Hokies couldn't stop from getting yards but ultimately kept out of the endzone. TCU took a 10 - 7 lead into the half which the increased by 3 early in the 3rd quarter. The hokies did not regain the lead until 7 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter. But the 4th quarter was a different story.. the Hokies shut out TCU from scoring in the second half. The Hokies added a TD with a 2pt conversion to take the final score of 22- 13. Ju Ju CLayton has a very pedestrian afternoon going 21 of 44 for 337 yards with 3 interceptions and ZERO passing touchdowns, his rushing TD proved huge. Ryan Williams added 43 yards and 2 TDs on the ground on 11 carries... oh and Eddie "motha fuckin" Whitley aka Bednarik winner aka Thorpe winner aka bad ass mofo had another pick . Peace bitches... see you at the top of the polls next year.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    getonmylevelho wrote:anybody know how i can get ahold of the Badgers?
    He's gone until Monday, and might not be able to play until Wednesday.

Yeah it's gonna be impossible for me to schedule a game b4 Wednesday. If I get some time tomorrow or Tuesday I'll give u a heads up but It's prolly gonna be Wed. nite.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:
    getonmylevelho wrote:anybody know how i can get ahold of the Badgers?
    He's gone until Monday, and might not be able to play until Wednesday.

Yeah it's gonna be impossible for me to schedule a game b4 Wednesday. If I get some time tomorrow or Tuesday I'll give u a heads up but It's prolly gonna be Wed. nite.

no worries. just keep me posted..thats a nice trophy ball in your picture by the way
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 am

A game that featured the nation's Heisman trophy winner, Kansas' sophomore quarterback D.J. Beshears, and a stout Auburn defense, promised not to disappoint, and boy did was that true.

Kansas, coming off a heartbreaking loss in Madison to the Wisconsin Badgers and a potential shot at returning to the BCS National Championship, wanted to prove that they were no slouch and that they were a force to be reckoned with.

Auburn, coming off of a big win against previously undefeated TCU, looked to carry forward their momentum and try to pull off a big win to try and make up for some poor performances in the very tough SEC.

The game got off to a slow start as only two touchdowns were scored in the first half. Both scores were from Kansas, the first on a seven yard run from Beshears, and the second on a 48 yard run from senior running back Rell Lewis.

The Jayhawks took a 14-0 lead into halftime, but coach Jhawk knew the game was far from over. "Auburn is a very good team, coached by a very good coach. The question is not if they will make a run, but when. The game is far from over, we still have 30 minutes to play." Coach Jhawk, while very right about Auburn's comeback, was very wrong about only playing another half hour.

Auburn would come out in the second half and immediately make a statement by driving down the field and scoring on a 17 yard pass from Cam Newton to Darvin Adams.

Kansas, seemingly putting the game away, would score two more touchdowns before the end of the quarter to increase their lead to 28-7 starting the fourth. Auburn would bring a new level of intensity to the field in the 4th quarter though and would start it off with their second touchdown, this time on a pass to DeAngelo Benton. The Tigers would force an immediate turnover as they intercepted a pitch from Beshears on an option play to give them the ball inside the Kansas twenty. After another quick score, the Tigers would trail by only a touchdown.

Some conservative playcalling by coach Jhawk and an energized Auburn defense resulted in a quick 3-and-out for the Hawks, giving the ball back to a very hot Auburn offense. Newton would them them right back down the field and punch it in again on another pass, this time to Philip Lutzenkirchen, tying the game up.

The Jayhawks, now with the ball and a little over two minutes remaining, had a tough task of moving the ball on an Auburn defense that had stopped them on their last couple possessions. Coach Jhawk knew he couldn't be overly conservative and risk giving the ball back to the Auburn offense with time left on the clock, but by the same token he didn't want to see a repeat of the Nebraska fiasco and lose the game because of a late turnover.

The Jayhawks ended up near midfield with around 20 seconds left, but couldn't come through on third down and so had to punt. Auburn finished out regulation with a couple of runs.

In overtime the Tigers won the toss and elected to play defense first. The Kansas offense, knowing they needed a touchdown as the Auburn offense would surely answer them, ran the ball very effectively with their star quarterback Beshears and Lewis. Lewis would take the score in to go up by seven.

Auburn, now having their work cut out for them, were able to get the big plays when they needed them and ended up scoring on an 11 yard run from Michael Dyer. Coach Splff3000, in a very aggressive call, surprised the Kansas defense, which came out in their field goal block formation, and went for the win. Newton would find his tight end, Robert Cooper, over the middle for what looked like the game-winning catch. A great play by sophomore defensive end Kevin Young, hitting Cooper in mid air, would stop him from getting the ball across the goal line, as he was about a foot short.

The Jayhawks would walk away with a victory in the Cotton Bowl by final score of 35-34.

The story of the game was turnovers as Auburn had two crucial interceptions in the red zone, and Kansas would give up a fumble inside their own twenty. The Jayhawks definitely held the edge though as they forced four compared to giving up just two.

The players of the game were Auburn's Cam Newton who finished 20-37 for 296 yards, 3 TDS, and 3 INTs. Newton also carried the ball 3 times for 5 yards and a touchdown. For Kansas, Rell Lewis won player of the game honors as he racked up 89 yards and 3 touchdowns on 15 carries. Lewis also had 1 reception for 12 yards. Kansas' Heisman winner Beshears ended the game 10-17 for 127 yards and 1 INT. He also accumulated 89 yards and 2 TDs on 19 carries.

Coach Jhawk was quoted as saying that he looks forward to establishing a home-and-home series with Auburn in the future and hopes that it can be arranged to start as early as next season. He mentioned that coach Splff had made his reservations about such a matchup known if coach Urbanslegend were to take over the reins in Gainesville, but looking at the SEC scheduling, coach Jhawk anticipates that since Florida and Auburn have played the last two seasons and are in different divisions, they should not face each other the next two seasons. Coach Jhawk hopes this will make the series feasible for coach Splff. Regardless, coach Jhawk says, "I look forward to many great matchups with Auburn and other great SEC schools in the future. The University of Kansas is no longer just a basketball school. We play football too, and we're gonna be vying for that coveted National Title every year. The future is bright for Kansas future. History Awaits. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!"
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Hey guys, I need to know what all out of conference games you guys want or have set up against users. I'm gonna go ahead and start working on the schedules so that when it's time to plug them in, it hopefully won't take as long. This is all of course assuming Splff would like my assistance, if you would rather do it all by yourself Splff just let me know.

So far the user matchups I have are (these are assuming Urbs takes Florida as it seems he's leaning that way, and I had to put in some extra user matchups to make the 3 users requirement, if anyone has any issues with these games or changes to make let me know):
    Arkansas/A&M
    Auburn/Kansas
    Florida/FSU
    FSU/Florida, FSU/Wisconsin
    Georgia=NONE
    Kansas/Wisconsin, Kansas/Auburn, Kansas/VaTech (Kid I need one more user game so you wanna go?)
    LSU=NONE
    Michigan/A&M, Michigan/VaTech
    Penn State/VaTech, Penn State/A&M
    A&M/Arkansas, A&M/Michigan, A&M/Penn State
    VaTech/Kansas, VaTech/Michigan, VaTech/Penn State
    Wisconsin/Kansas,Wisconsin/Florida State

Again, these are just what I remember and some extras thrown in to meet league requirements. If I have anything wrong or anyone wants to make changes, let me know.

P.S. If Urban decides to stick with Nebraska then that changes things considerably and this will be redone.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

looks good to me ... See if you could schedule WVU as an OOC opponemt for me as well
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:49 pm

KidIcarus27 wrote:looks good to me ... See if you could schedule WVU as an OOC opponemt for me as well
    No prob, already had that one down for you.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Hey guys, I need to know what all out of conference games you guys want or have set up against users. I'm gonna go ahead and start working on the schedules so that when it's time to plug them in, it hopefully won't take as long. This is all of course assuming Splff would like my assistance, if you would rather do it all by yourself Splff just let me know.

So far the user matchups I have are (these are assuming Urbs takes Florida as it seems he's leaning that way, and I had to put in some extra user matchups to make the 3 users requirement, if anyone has any issues with these games or changes to make let me know):
    Arkansas/A&M
    Auburn/Kansas
    Florida/FSU
    FSU/Florida, FSU/Wisconsin
    Georgia=NONE
    Kansas/Wisconsin, Kansas/Auburn, Kansas/VaTech (Kid I need one more user game so you wanna go?)
    LSU=NONE
    Michigan/A&M, Michigan/VaTech
    Penn State/VaTech, Penn State/A&M
    A&M/Arkansas, A&M/Michigan, A&M/Penn State
    VaTech/Kansas, VaTech/Michigan, VaTech/Penn State
    Wisconsin/Kansas,Wisconsin/Florida State

Again, these are just what I remember and some extras thrown in to meet league requirements. If I have anything wrong or anyone wants to make changes, let me know.

P.S. If Urban decides to stick with Nebraska then that changes things considerably and this will be redone.

Yes, I would love your assistance on this. Remember, no FCS schools. Actually, to make sure we don't have any issues like last year, I'll just post the other 4 guidelines that I usually use.

1. No scheduling users from the same conference - If one team has more conference games than another it may affect tie breakers ie Miami beats VA Tech so Miami would have the tie breaker, but since VA Tech plays one more conference game they could end up going to the conference championship with the same amount of losses when it should be Miami going because they have the tie breaker. Also, most teams see their conference foes at least once every 2 yrs or so so it could got kind of stale.

2. All users have the same amount of home games. It's not really fair if one user only has 5 home games for invites while another user has 7 or 8. I usually try to give everyone 6 home games and 6 away games. It doesn't really matter how many home games there are though as long as everyone has the same amount.

3. At least one home game during or after week 10. It really sucks to start recruiting a prospect halfway through the year and not be able to have him in for an invite because you played all of your home games in the first 7 weeks. I try to give everyone a fighting chance to get late addons to your list in for a visit.

4. No double byes. This just really sucks. For recruiting and for those that actually wanna play the game. I know sometimes it has to be done for week 14 and 15 so that's ok, but I'm talking about middle of the season double byes.

No. 1 and no. 2 on the schedule are very important and can't be changed. No. 3 and no. 4 are really a courtesy of me and can be adjusted if you need them to be. Thanks again jhawk. This will make preseason a lot less stressful for me lol.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:24 pm

I lost the home & home wit gameface so if anybody wants to take on Wisconsin, let me know.

I'd also like to propose something new. I think it could b cool if the defending champ played 4 user games. It should always b harder to repeat and I think that's a good thing if more teams get a shot at the champ. Just a thought I'll toss it up to splff and u guys...
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:28 pm

stoptherun wrote:I lost the home & home wit gameface so if anybody wants to take on Wisconsin, let me know.

I'd also like to propose something new. I think it could b cool if the defending champ played 4 user games. It should always b harder to repeat and I think that's a good thing if more teams get a shot at the champ. Just a thought I'll toss it up to splff and u guys...
    With Penn State and Michigan becoming users along with you in the Big 10, you should have 4 users games if you play both of them next year, along with myself and Florida State. If you want to throw in another user game though just let me know. So regardless who wins this year, they should have 4 user games as you should have PSU, Michigan, KU, and FSU, while LSU will have Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, and Auburn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm