GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
dclark44
KidIcarus27
gameface1324
jhawk886
CT21
urbanslegend05
jusblaze09
stoptherun
splff3000
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:As we were discussing with the schedules a couple days ago, the CPU isn't good at rescheduling games for CPU teams when we fuck them up. Since you took Baylor off of TCU's schedule week 1, they only have 11 games now and don't play Baylor, their main rival. Granted, we may not care as much about CPU teams, but I don't feel that it's right to screw their schedules and their programs (as TCU's prestige will probably drop now do to them not being able to fulfill their coaching goals of beating rivals, as well as they might lose players do to broken promises). That's why I put so much time into figuring out the schedules so that it wouldn't fuck over the CPU teams. If you don't honestly care about them then I'll live with it I guess, but I strongly disagree with that standpoint.

Whoa, whoa!! First of all, I didn't know it was gonna fuck up the schedule when I moved it. I tried to put it back but it didn't take. Oh well. I tried. I hope you didn't think I was gonna erase all the schedule changes that I had made over that hour or so that I had been working on it just so TCU can play Baylor. Fuck that.

Secondly, I don't wanna say fuck the cpu, but...."fuck the cpu". In the past, you had no idea what TCU's schedule was as you were switching and swapping teams. I didn't know. I'm not doing all of that shit that you did just to make sure the cpu keeps it's Rival games intact. I appreciate the effort you put into it, but I ain't doing it.

Next time, maybe we can communicate better on what the schedule should be like. You kinda just jumped head first this year and there wasn't really any communication about what the schedule should be like. Next year will be better and I promise, when we communicate everything, I'll be able to just plug in your schedule that you slaved over. I felt bad about changing the schedule that you made because I know you put a lot of work into it, but there were things that needed to be in there that weren't there. It was no fault of your own because you didn't know what I wanted. We won't have that problem next time so no other team will get the shaft like TCU did this year. Regardless of what you may think, I like to keep the integrity of the schedule as well, but what's done is done this year.
    Alright, that's cool. Sorry if I came off sounding like an asshole, that wasn't my intention. I know it's a tough process to get all the schedules set up right without screwing up the CPU, especially since they generally have a fucked up way of scheduling; but I think it's worth the extra effort. Hopefully in the future we can work it out better.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Alright, that's cool. Sorry if I came off sounding like an asshole, that wasn't my intention. I know it's a tough process to get all the schedules set up right without screwing up the CPU, especially since they generally have a fucked up way of scheduling; but I think it's worth the extra effort. Hopefully in the future we can work it out better.

You didn't come off as an asshole. It just seemed you like you were getting mad at me over some shit I can't control. It's all good though.
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Well, in what was the best game I have had this year with another user by far, I upset Stop and #2 Wisc 26-21. Shut him out in the 2nd half.

0 turnovers for either team. Was a down right great game, and I wish to god every game could be like this and the CPU AI wouldnt take over and stick it to one of the teams (aka my last game with South Carolina)

Ill do a good writeup tomorrow or maybe late tonight, wife has PC doing homework tonight.

Highlights were uploaded by me with the key plays, including a 81 yd TD with Lemichael James, my TD that ended up being the difference, and my failed 2 pt conversion where the pass hit the WR in the chest wide open and he dropped it.... Also uploaded the 4th down stop on the 9 yard line at the end of the game.

I made Wisc earn every yard. There was a couple fluky plays on both sides, but most was "earn and grind out 3-4 yards when you can get em" kind of game. We both punted several times. Hell I made Stop try to convert 14 3rd downs (he did on 9 of them)
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 pm

If Stop would scored on the last drive at the end of the game, I woulda smiled and said great fucking game. It was just one of those rare ones. Man Im still pumped.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Great game. Def an instant classic. My missed FG came back to haunt me at the end. Still I had a chance to win in the end and u stopped me on 4th and 3. Dammit.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Splff let's do a home & home wit Wisconsin next yr. U set me up wit this trap game @ Oregon!
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:22 am

Showstopper!

Badgers go down in Oregon

"It was definteily an instant classic."

That was how coach Stoptherun described the game tonight, in which is #2 Wisconsin Badgers couldn't come out of Autzen Stadium with a victory, falling 26-21 to the mighty Ducks of Oregon.

The rushing juggernaut that Wisconsin is, tried to establish the run early and often. But the Ducks seemed to have a good gameplan in place. "We just wanted to contain Clay," coach Gameface said post game. "We could handle giving up 3 and 4 yard chunks, and hoped to stop him on the occasional 3rd down. As long as didn't give up long runs, we felt like we had a chance."

Wisconsin got on the board early, scoring on a 38 yard lobbed pass to WR Nick Toon, and several missed tackles by Ducks defenders, on 3rd down. Oregon answered with a FG to end the 1st quarter 7-3.

After the ensuing long drive, capped off by a John Clay 5 yard TD run, Lemichael James ran the first play after the kickoff, for an 81 yard TD to pull within 4 points at 14-10. A 3 and out by the Badgers, and another FG by the ducks, had the score at 14-13, with the Badgers getting the ball back with 3 minutes to go in the half.

Wisconsin then ate up clock and drove, converting several 3rd downs, ending with another TD run by Clay with only 8 seconds to go in the half. Score 21-13 at halftime.

"We regrouped at the half, and changed a couple things up," star HB James said. "Our offense was letting our Defense down really. We settled for 2 FGs and let drives stall. We couldn't keep doing that and expect to win."

The 2nd half was a defensive struggle, seeing only 2 scores, both by Oregon. TE David Paulson hauled in a 3rd down TD catch in the 3rd quarter to make the score 21-20. Wisconsin then went on a 12 play drive that ended in a missed FG, getting the Autzen crowd excited and raucous, and it factored in at the end of the game.

Oregon capped a long drive with a 3 yard James TD run to go up 5. They opted for the 2 point conversion, as there were 4 minutes left on the clock. On a perfect playcall, coach Gameface saw a wide open WR drop the conversion, the ball bouncing off his chest. "I just knew, right then, what was coming. You dont give John Clay 4 minutes to score and expect to win," he said.

Wiscons ate 4 minutes off the clock, again converting several key 3rd downs. They ended up with a 4th and 4 from the Oregon 11 yard line. With the Duck faithful screaming at the top of their lungs, the Oregon Defense held, stopping Clay for a 2 yard run, getting the ball back with 40 seconds to go.

Oregon kneeled the clock out, and stormed the field with a huge home victory.

James ended up rushing 15 times for 155 yards and 2 scores. John Clay ran the ball 29 times for 158. Both look like solid heisman contenders going forward.

There were 0 turnovers in the game.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 am

stoptherun wrote:Splff let's do a home & home wit Wisconsin next yr. U set me up wit this trap game @ Oregon!

Well, it'll have to be the year after next. I got Miami now and my conference games will fill the rest of my schedule, but I'll gladly give you a home and home.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 am

gameface1324 wrote:Showstopper!

Badgers go down in Oregon

"It was definteily an instant classic."

That was how coach Stoptherun described the game tonight, in which is #2 Wisconsin Badgers couldn't come out of Autzen Stadium with a victory, falling 26-21 to the mighty Ducks of Oregon.

The rushing juggernaut that Wisconsin is, tried to establish the run early and often. But the Ducks seemed to have a good gameplan in place. "We just wanted to contain Clay," coach Gameface said post game. "We could handle giving up 3 and 4 yard chunks, and hoped to stop him on the occasional 3rd down. As long as didn't give up long runs, we felt like we had a chance."

Wisconsin got on the board early, scoring on a 38 yard lobbed pass to WR Nick Toon, and several missed tackles by Ducks defenders, on 3rd down. Oregon answered with a FG to end the 1st quarter 7-3.

After the ensuing long drive, capped off by a John Clay 5 yard TD run, Lemichael James ran the first play after the kickoff, for an 81 yard TD to pull within 4 points at 14-10. A 3 and out by the Badgers, and another FG by the ducks, had the score at 14-13, with the Badgers getting the ball back with 3 minutes to go in the half.

Wisconsin then ate up clock and drove, converting several 3rd downs, ending with another TD run by Clay with only 8 seconds to go in the half. Score 21-13 at halftime.

"We regrouped at the half, and changed a couple things up," star HB James said. "Our offense was letting our Defense down really. We settled for 2 FGs and let drives stall. We couldn't keep doing that and expect to win."

The 2nd half was a defensive struggle, seeing only 2 scores, both by Oregon. TE David Paulson hauled in a 3rd down TD catch in the 3rd quarter to make the score 21-20. Wisconsin then went on a 12 play drive that ended in a missed FG, getting the Autzen crowd excited and raucous, and it factored in at the end of the game.

Oregon capped a long drive with a 3 yard James TD run to go up 5. They opted for the 2 point conversion, as there were 4 minutes left on the clock. On a perfect playcall, coach Gameface saw a wide open WR drop the conversion, the ball bouncing off his chest. "I just knew, right then, what was coming. You dont give John Clay 4 minutes to score and expect to win," he said.

Wiscons ate 4 minutes off the clock, again converting several key 3rd downs. They ended up with a 4th and 4 from the Oregon 11 yard line. With the Duck faithful screaming at the top of their lungs, the Oregon Defense held, stopping Clay for a 2 yard run, getting the ball back with 40 seconds to go.

Oregon kneeled the clock out, and stormed the field with a huge home victory.

James ended up rushing 15 times for 155 yards and 2 scores. John Clay ran the ball 29 times for 158. Both look like solid heisman contenders going forward.

There were 0 turnovers in the game.

Good win man. Now we just gotta find somebody to beat jhawk lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:35 am

I like how you did that man.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm

ok, now that I have some free time, finally, I want to touch on a few things for this new season.

First, I am gonna start watching for write-ups again. I know once we moved, I kinda slacked up on doing them myself( I missed 2 I believe) and asking other people about doing them when they were supposed to be done. This season we're getting back to having them required and in case you forgot, they are required for:

- Games decided by 7 points or less (win or lose)
    - User games ( regardless of score, either user can do it or both, ultimately winners responsibility)
    - Bowl games ( regardless of score)

Having said that, I am removing the rule that all write-ups have to be in dynasty wire. I would still like the write-up and highlights to be saved on dynasty wire, but they are not required.

Speaking of rules, I have deleted the rule thread and the rules are now in post 1 of the original workers discussion thread:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/workers-dynasty-2011-f2/workers-2011-discussion-thread-t3.htm

We're actually on the 2nd discussion thread. Most of you don't know this, but there is a 990 post limit per thread so when we reached that limit it started a new thread and closed the old one. That's why the page numbers have started over.

Back on topic though, I wouldn't be asking you to get back to doing what you were doing before if I wasn't gonna get back to doing what I was doing before. You will see the heisman watch and the game of the week return as well as an updated list of the current home and homes and other stuff in post 2 of the original thread. The Heisman watch and game of the week will be on the ticker as well. All of this should start when we advance to week 3.

Oh one more thing, this

CT21 wrote:FSU 44 - OKLAHOMA 38 3OT

True freshman quarterback Mike Williams stepped in for injured E.j Manuel and threw 15 for 22 278 passing yards and 3 touchdowns all in the 2nd half.

is not a write up lol. Let's try to get more than one sentence in our write ups lol. A paragraph or 2 is fine. It don't have to be fancy looking or anything, but it has to be more than this.

Anyway, that's it. I'm looking forward to seeing some great write-ups again. I know some of you never stopped and I appreciate that. This was just mainly for the few, myself included, that got away from doing them.
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Im excited for the weekly updates again myself Wink
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Double check the home and homes that I have setup in post 2 to make sure yours is up there.

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/workers-dynasty-2011-f2/workers-2011-discussion-thread-t3.htm#26

This is what I'll be going by next year when I make the schedule( or when jhawk makes the schedule) to make sure no one has to go on the road 2 straight years ala Wisconsin and Oregon. If your home and home is not up there let me know so I can put it up there. Also this is the first year for home and home so you will be playing the same person next year for the home/away part of the home and home.
    Breon6286
    Breon6286

Post by Breon6286 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

hey joker if dda and kid play tonight you want to play our game after the advance?
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Breon6286 wrote:hey joker if dda and kid play tonight you want to play our game after the advance?
    I'll be playing mine in about 45 min
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm

God I hope we advance tonight. I need to get this bad taste of losing out of my mouth. If we don't advance tonight I probably won't be able to play until pretty late Sunday.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:18 pm

jhawk886 wrote:God I hope we advance tonight. I need to get this bad taste of losing out of my mouth. If we don't advance tonight I probably won't be able to play until pretty late Sunday.

We're advancing tonight. DDA already called and told me he's gonna get his done when he gets home. He gets off at around 9 so I guess it'll be after 9.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 pm

can't going out tomorrow works though

do i need a secondary or are you gonna throw it only 4 times?
    Breon6286
    Breon6286

Post by Breon6286 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 pm

nah you should be good...i dont expect to throw alot but ideally you can stop the run so i can get some practice
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Damn, I can't wait for this advance....Nothing gets me fired up like bye weeks.
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 pm

jhawk886 wrote:God I hope we advance tonight. I need to get this bad taste of losing out of my mouth. If we don't advance tonight I probably won't be able to play until pretty late Sunday.

ditto for me I think. Death in family and will be out of town. Taking PS3 but cant guarantee free time to play
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 pm

A Legend Born?

A&M rally behind the arm of its Freshman QB to complete comeback

College Station, TX -- After going up to Ohio State and coming back home embarassed, Texas A&M looked to rebound against Pac-10 resurgent Washington.

For awhile, it looked like deja-vu.

Washington jumped out to a 17-0 lead behind the legs of Chris Polk. As the first half winded down, it looked more and more like this would be a lost cause for Aggieland. Players were fustrated with the way everything was unfolding, and it seemed as if we were watching the team implode in front of our eyes.

True Freshman QB Steve Hall remained calmed though. He has the undaunting task of replacing Maxwell winner Jerrod Johnson, and played extrememly well on Saturday. He led the team down the field right before the half, ending the drive with a 8 yd fade to Ryan Tannehill for a TD. 10 seconds later, Steven Campbell was taking an interception into the endzone to make it 17-14 and the crowd was back into it.

Momentum stayed with Aggie in the 2nd half, as Hall led the team to another score a minute into the half with a 26 yd bomb to Uzoma Nwachukwu to take the lead and make it 21-17. After the teams traded FGs in the 3rd, and a Cyrus Gray TD in the 4th, it looked like A&M was primed to win the game. Washington then answered the TD, and when it looked like A&M was ready to score again and put the game out of reach, Hall threw an interception and gave the Huskies another chance. Dustin Harris saved the day though, grabbing an interception with just over 50 seconds left, and after two kneel downs, A&M was walking out with the victory.

Hall went 18-28 for 388 yds and the 2 scores. After the game, Hall said "I felt that as the QB, I had to keep my team together and lead us to victory. I knew that if we would have lost this game, it would have been hard to get out of the funk and that is something I didn't want to happen."

Coach Blaze said of his freshman QB "I am extremely proud of the way he played tonight. The way he handled himself was similar to the way Jerrod did at points last season, and that is a great thing. Our running game needs to get it together and help him out, because it will be hard for Steve to do this game in and game out."

The Aggies visit Tulane next week before a bye week
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 pm

I just watched my DVR'd episode of Boardwalk Empire, all I can say is ..........Fucking Great!! Anyway, bout to advance.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 pm

splff3000 wrote:I just watched my DVR'd episode of Boardwalk Empire, all I can say is ..........Fucking Great!! Anyway, bout to advance.

Fuck yeah, I'm gonna whoop the bye week's ass.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:I just watched my DVR'd episode of Boardwalk Empire, all I can say is ..........Fucking Great!! Anyway, bout to advance.

Fuck yeah, I'm gonna whoop the bye week's ass.

I'm gonna go ahead and get my game in with clark in rivals first since he's on a time limit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:10 pm