GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
mrdinknose
jusblaze09
getonmylevelho
dclark44
pops21kid
stoptherun
Rauloe
urbanslegend05
splff3000
Jaredlib
TheWeatherMan
dipsh
16 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

splff3000
    splff3000

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 30 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by splff3000 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:55 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:have any of you played infamous because im watching a tralier of infamous 2 and looks insane

Yeah, I have. Play that shit!!!! It's a game where you can choose to be seen as good or bad by the public and some of the choices are hard to tell which decision is good and which is bad lol. There is one choice that is especially difficult to make. When I saw it I was like WTF? I can't believe they gonna put me in that situation lol. Anyway, depending on how far either way you go there are advantages and disadvantages. Like if you are good, citizens and the police will help you fight but your powers aren't as strong. On the flip side though, if you choose bad, you're powers are more powerful, but you're gonna be fighting everybody, the cops, the citizens, the villains, everybody lol. It's better to decide early whether you wanna be good or bad so you can max out your powers either way. If you flip flop a lot, your powers will never max out and you're gonna definitely want your powers maxed out when you go against hte last guy.

Having said all of that, because of the choices you have to make, it's not so easy to be all the way good or all the way bad. You'll have a choice where you wanna kill a mfer bad as fuck, but if you kill him it fucks up your good. Then you'll have a choice where there is an innocent person that you have to kill or it fucks up your bad. It's definitely kind of a mind fuck game, especially the ending. It's kinda open world like GTA, meaning there are missions you can skip, but it's not completely open like GTA so if you wanna do every mission you still won't be playing that shit forever like the GTA games. Anyway, I went off on a rant about the game so you know I liked it a lot. Yeah play that shit.....definitely lol.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 pm

getonmylevelho wrote:more from the playstation blog...
    I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify a point and answer one of the most frequently asked questions today.

There’s a difference in timing between when we identified there was an intrusion and when we learned of consumers’ data being compromised. We learned there was an intrusion April 19th and subsequently shut the services down. <b>We then brought in outside experts to help us learn how the intrusion occurred and to conduct an investigation to determine the nature and scope of the incident.</b> It was necessary to conduct several days of forensic analysis, and it took our experts until yesterday to understand the scope of the breach. We then shared that information with our consumers and announced it publicly this afternoon.

My concern is this...with a network that hosts 70 million+ users (that's 70,000,000), then why would u not have a bad ass security team that looks out for these kinds of things? Why don't you have a plan B and a plan C? Why don't you have a team of penetration testing experts that try to look for loopholes and try to breach the system in a harmless manner? You have to hire "outside experts" after the fact?? You're raking in the dough and you let this happen? I'm just having trouble understanding this, so I vent to my fellow compadres....

It's also bothering me that they are rebuilding their infrastructure. Of course it has to happen and I sure hope that it is heaps and bounds better than it was before, but shit like that takes testing after testing after testing to make sure everything is in its proper place, flows correctly, and is secure. I have a feeling that ironing out all these kinks may take longer than we might expect.

:scratch:

Cause it's Sony and they're arrogant about shit like that. I remember when the PS3 came out they said it was unhackable. Then a mfer hacked it and they went all crazy. They prolly felt the same way about he PSN. Sony has always been arrogant when it comes to their gaiming division. Now it has bit them(and us) in the ass big time. Maybe now they'll get off their high horse and start being more pro active about shit like this.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm

lol yea you got all into it but yea im going to try i out because i dont like playing sequels without playing the 1st one
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:lol yea you got all into it but yea im going to try i out because i dont like playing sequels without playing the 1st one

Yeah, I'm the same way. You won't be disappointed for trying it when you do.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    yungjswag89 wrote:lol yea you got all into it but yea im going to try i out because i dont like playing sequels without playing the 1st one

Yeah, I'm the same way. You won't be disappointed for trying it when you do.
    Yea they need to make a new GTA while we on that subject that shit was hella fun even the online multiplayer was fun because people would be doing drive by's and shit then someone up the rocket launcher lol and kill everybody
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

Well fellas, looks like next season will be my last in the OD. Thanks to this PSN shit it looks like next season will take us well into the month of May and that's about when I said I'm gonna retire. It's not because I don't like the game anymore or anything like that. It's because:

1. I wanna trade this shit in while it's still worth more than a dollar for credit

2. I got some other games I need to play before infamous 2 come out(the next big shit I'm gonna buy). I gotta get that one on time because I gotta finish it before ncaa 12 come out lol. The circle of life lol.

Anyway, hopefully I don't lose my spot for a guy that's gonna be in the OD for a month lol. I know it's kinda early, but fuck it. There ain't shit else going on so I might as well let yall know lol. Anyway, just wanted to give everybody a heads up.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 am

Oh and for all you following this PSN saga, there's a date for SOME services to return:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164641p1.html

Sony has confirmed that it hopes to restore some fuctionality to the PSN service by next Tuesday in a new statement on the PlayStation Blog.

"Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure."

Dated April 27, the update posted by Patrick Seybold (Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media), would put the estimated return date for PSN services as May 3, meaning that the service will have been offline for two weeks.

Although which services will be coming back online next week is unclear, Sony has stated they are working on new security measures for the future, as well as seeking out those responsible for the breach, confirming they "are working closely with a recognised technology security firm in order to find those responsible for this criminal act, no matter where in the world they might be located."
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 pm

splff3000 wrote:Well fellas, looks like next season will be my last in the OD. Thanks to this PSN shit it looks like next season will take us well into the month of May and that's about when I said I'm gonna retire. It's not because I don't like the game anymore or anything like that. It's because:

1. I wanna trade this shit in while it's still worth more than a dollar for credit

2. I got some other games I need to play before infamous 2 come out(the next big shit I'm gonna buy). I gotta get that one on time because I gotta finish it before ncaa 12 come out lol. The circle of life lol.

Anyway, hopefully I don't lose my spot for a guy that's gonna be in the OD for a month lol. I know it's kinda early, but fuck it. There ain't shit else going on so I might as well let yall know lol. Anyway, just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

This scenario is interesting to me. I definitely feel like you should be back in 12 automatically. Also, seeing as how the guy that comes in after you could be a super legit, super dedicated guy, I almost think we shouldn't even bother filling the spot to save that headache. We already have 4 guys at least (Hawk, Blaze, Clark, Joker, and I am sure there are others from before I started) who want back in. Not sure how Urbs is going to end up deciding who makes the cut or not but as you said earlier Spliff, I do not envy his position as no matter what somebody is going to be left out.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 pm

I hate to tell ya Splff but the game ain't gonna be worth shot either way...but yeah I won't be filling the spot if and when that happens. I think we have two seasons left at most so no need to fill for a single season. I just hope it comes back soon and the timing should work out perfect.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:I hate to tell ya Splff but the game ain't gonna be worth shot either way...but yeah I won't be filling the spot if and when that happens. I think we have two seasons left at most so no need to fill for a single season. I just hope it comes back soon and the timing should work out perfect.

huh? What game? Infamous 2? lolololololol I have to lol at that silliness.

Stand by boys, today must've been Madden day or something because there's all kinds of new Madden info. I haven't read any of it yet because I just got up, but I hope it's some good shit. It's been a long time since I got to bust some heads with my Raiders. I'll be posting all the info in the Madden news forum shortly. Oh and Urbs, because of your sacrilegious comment about Infamous 2, I hope the Dolphins draft the shittiest mfer ever in the draft tonight. I hope they draft a mfer and find out he's Jamarcus Russells and Ryan Leafs cousin. That way he'll have the blood of the 2 biggest busts in NFL history in his veins lol. I don't know how that can happen but I'm sure it can.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm

As far as trade ins go, I don't know how much NCAA 11 is currently worth at gamestop but I am probably going to bring The Show in and trade it toward NCAA 12 this week.

The Show is an awesome game but the fact that our league lasted like 2 days and I rarely play the single player, it was a purchase I regret, it should still be worth something though
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:I hate to tell ya Splff but the game ain't gonna be worth shot either way...but yeah I won't be filling the spot if and when that happens. I think we have two seasons left at most so no need to fill for a single season. I just hope it comes back soon and the timing should work out perfect.

huh? What game? Infamous 2? lolololololol I have to lol at that silliness.

Stand by boys, today must've been Madden day or something because there's all kinds of new Madden info. I haven't read any of it yet because I just got up, but I hope it's some good shit. It's been a long time since I got to bust some heads with my Raiders. I'll be posting all the info in the Madden news forum shortly. Oh and Urbs, because of your sacrilegious comment about Infamous 2, I hope the Dolphins draft the shittiest mfer ever in the draft tonight. I hope they draft a mfer and find out he's Jamarcus Russells and Ryan Leafs cousin. That way he'll have the blood of the 2 biggest busts in NFL history in his veins lol. I don't know how that can happen but I'm sure it can.
    Oh yeah, it's some good shit. I'm pretty pumped. No big new franchise news yet but it seems like the gameplay enhancements on the defensive side of the ball should be sick. I can't wait to get some more info. I'm ready to rape some balls with my boy Charles and Eric Berry on D. The Chiefs are fo real bitches!
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Jaredlib wrote:As far as trade ins go, I don't know how much NCAA 11 is currently worth at gamestop but I am probably going to bring The Show in and trade it toward NCAA 12 this week.

The Show is an awesome game but the fact that our league lasted like 2 days and I rarely play the single player, it was a purchase I regret, it should still be worth something though
    I love The Show single player. I loved the idea of a league like we had here even more, that's the main reason I bought it. But SCEA is SOOO far away from having an online league even in the same universe as EA that it was just horrible. The gameplay online is shitty and everything else about it is even worse. I had high hopes for the online league but I didn't know how far away from a good online league system SCEA was. Maybe next year they'll make some significant improvements.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Splff my comment was meant to mean the trade-in value would be shit, not infamous.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Jaredlib wrote:As far as trade ins go, I don't know how much NCAA 11 is currently worth at gamestop but I am probably going to bring The Show in and trade it toward NCAA 12 this week.

I love The Show single player. I loved the idea of a league like we had here even more, that's the main reason I bought it. But SCEA is SOOO far away from having an online league even in the same universe as EA that it was just horrible. The gameplay online is shitty and everything else about it is even worse. I had high hopes for the online league but I didn't know how far away from a good online league system SCEA was. Maybe next year they'll make some significant improvements.

Looks like online problems are a common theme with Sony lol.

urbanslegend05 wrote:Splff my comment was meant to mean the trade-in value would be shit, not infamous.

Oh then I stand corrected lol. I take back the Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf comment, but I still hope the dolphins draft a shitty player lol. Nothing personal, it's just that if the dolphins get a shitty player that may leave a good player for us in the 2nd round tomorrow lol. No Al Davis and Raiders draft ineptitude comments please!!!

As for trading in the game, if they give me a dollar, I'll take it. It's better than nothing because I never ever ever ever ever ever go back and play the previous EA football iteration once the new one comes out. Might as well get something for it.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Dont know how many of ya'll subscribe to the Bleacher report, but check out lil buddy in the 8th Grade from Louisiana..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/675516-nebraska-football-recruiting-could-cornhuskers-nab-a-freshman-to-be-phenom
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah i always trade mine in when I get the new one. Value doesn't change much from this point forward.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Rauloe wrote:Dont know how many of ya'll subscribe to the Bleacher report, but check out lil buddy in the 8th Grade from Louisiana..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/675516-nebraska-football-recruiting-could-cornhuskers-nab-a-freshman-to-be-phenom

Yeah, I saw that and was like WTF?

Maaaan, if it's one thing EA is good at, it's marketing their games lol. I am ready as fuck to play some Madden now. If you don't look at none of the shit I posted in the Madden news forum, make sure you look at the videos. By the time I was done watching both of them I was like Hell Yeah!!! lol As long as they did online franchise right, I'm definitely getting that shit this year. This may year be the first time since 2002 that I buy both Madden and NCAA.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Yeah i always trade mine in when I get the new one. Value doesn't change much from this point forward.

You a damn lie... When I trade it in, I'll prolly get about 7 or 8 dollars store credit. After the new one comes out, you get literally 1 dollar and that's IF they take it. If they have too many in stock they won't even take it.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Whew!! Just finished updating the Madden News forum with all the new shit that was released today about Madden 12. If you got some time, well a lot of time, check out the new info on Madden. It's a lot but the shit definitely SOUNDS like it's gonna be tight.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

lol tried to trade in Madden and the pawn shop over here wouldn't even take it lol. I was like damn is madden 11 that bad that a PAWN shop wouldn't even take........but he did take NBA 2k11. He turned down COD MW2 also so im guessing he didnt know much about games or did he lol
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:36 pm

I feel bad for whoever has to play Joker in the Madden Franchise now. He's gonna bomb it all over the field.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:I feel bad for whoever has to play Joker in the Madden Franchise now. He's gonna bomb it all over the field.

You mean Stop? Joker is a Patriots fan.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 pm

yeah, always get those B12 guys mixed up -____-

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Yea im going to fight him for ATL lol.....Naw JP but it should be fun playing against his as the Bucs see you then MFER lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:54 pm