GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

splff3000
    splff3000

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Brownsfan23 wrote:I think Ive been here long enough to get a feel for the league. Its been a fun league to be in because of how active it is, and building your team. Im decent in Madden, but not great, but I still play and play to win. Sometimes however, that dont work out, and I get blown out. It already happened against Urb this season, and I took a few big losses last season. Ive never complained about any of them in terms of what my opponent was doing, but last night against Muck is different.

He was up 28-9 on me heading into the 4th quarter. I dont mind the first score in the 4th because it can be seen as icing the game, but his next two scores are what I have problems with. Im not telling anyone to stop running their offense, but when you still keep passing at a high rate with the lead, I dont think its right. Im not saying run the ball every down, but at least attempt to kill clock. Which leads to the last score of the game,which was a run after the 2 minute running.

That score honestly pissed me off, because he continued to run up the score. I punted the ball right after, and he starts to QB kneel, I found it hilarious. I know the rules, but apparently he didnt, and Im not gonna just let this slide easy because every one that Ive played who has gained a big lead, stops trying to score once they know the game is theirs, Muck missed that message.

Hmm, there are still some questions that need to be answered here IMO before any kind of judgement can be made. For instance, was brownsfan still trying to score himself. I've noticed quite a few people that expect you to shut it down and chew clock while they're still trying to come back and win. I've actually lost games by going conservative and allowing my opponent to get back in. So if browns was still throwing and trying to comeback, I have no problem with muck continuing to run his offense. When i played yung last season, I threw 6ints because I was trying to come back from a large deficit. He scored after quite a few of those turnovers late in the game, but that was ok because I hadn't shut it down, so I didn't expect him to. Now if browns was running the ball and running clock then what muck did was fucked up.

Also, as for that last TD, was that a drive where he ran the ball exclusively and just wasn't stopped or did he pass to get so close to the goalline? Also how many time outs did browns have left and had browns conceded defeated before by running the ball. I know muck had told me before that he didn't really care for Beanie wells too much so the fact that he got a TD late might mean he had him in off the bench.

We have to hear from Muck as well. I don't recall him ever being accused of running up the score before. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, but I'm interested in hearing what his take is. Sometimes a lil explanation can go a long way.

Last edited by splff3000 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm

splff3000 wrote:Hmm, there are still some questions that need to be answered here IMO before any kind of judgement can be made. For instance, was brownsfan still trying to score himself. I've noticed quite a few people that expect you to shut it down and chew clock while they're still trying to come back and win. I've actually lost games by going conservative and allowing my opponent to get back in. So if browns was still throwing and trying to comeback, I have no problem with muck continuing to run his offense. When i played yung last season, I threw 6ints because I was trying to come back from a large deficit. He scored after quite a few of those turnovers late in the game, but that was ok because I hadn't shut it down, so I didn't expect him to. Now if browns was running the ball and running clock then what muck did was fucked up.

Also, as for that last TD, was that a drive where he ran the ball exclusively and just wasn't stopped or did he pass to get so close to the goalline? Also how many time outs did browns have left and had browns conceded defeated before by running the ball. I know kick had told me before that he didn't really care for Beanie wells too much so the fact that he got a TD late might mean he had him in off the bench.

We have to hear from Muck as well. I don't recall him ever being accused of running up the score before. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, but I'm interested in hearing what his take is. Sometimes a lil explanation can go a long way.

I agree with this. It's frustrating when you have a big lead and are trying to run the clock out into an 8 man box all out blitz, and when you give the ball back they are running 5 wide hurry up. Not saying this is what Browns did, just saying its happened to me before. So I can understand why some people pass late.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    Brownsfan23 wrote:I think Ive been here long enough to get a feel for the league. Its been a fun league to be in because of how active it is, and building your team. Im decent in Madden, but not great, but I still play and play to win. Sometimes however, that dont work out, and I get blown out. It already happened against Urb this season, and I took a few big losses last season. Ive never complained about any of them in terms of what my opponent was doing, but last night against Muck is different.

He was up 28-9 on me heading into the 4th quarter. I dont mind the first score in the 4th because it can be seen as icing the game, but his next two scores are what I have problems with. Im not telling anyone to stop running their offense, but when you still keep passing at a high rate with the lead, I dont think its right. Im not saying run the ball every down, but at least attempt to kill clock. Which leads to the last score of the game,which was a run after the 2 minute running.

That score honestly pissed me off, because he continued to run up the score. I punted the ball right after, and he starts to QB kneel, I found it hilarious. I know the rules, but apparently he didnt, and Im not gonna just let this slide easy because every one that Ive played who has gained a big lead, stops trying to score once they know the game is theirs, Muck missed that message.

Hmm, there are still some questions that need to be answered here IMO before any kind of judgement can be made. For instance, was brownsfan still trying to score himself. I've noticed quite a few people that expect you to shut it down and chew clock while they're still trying to come back and win. I've actually lost games by going conservative and allowing my opponent to get back in. So if browns was still throwing and trying to comeback, I have no problem with muck continuing to run his offense. When i played yung last season, I threw 6ints because I was trying to come back from a large deficit. He scored after quite a few of those turnovers late in the game, but that was ok because I hadn't shut it down, so I didn't expect him to. Now if browns was running the ball and running clock then what muck did was fucked up.

Also, as for that last TD, was that a drive where he ran the ball exclusively and just wasn't stopped or did he pass to get so close to the goalline? Also how many time outs did browns have left and had browns conceded defeated before by running the ball. I know kick had told me before that he didn't really care for Beanie wells too much so the fact that he got a TD late might mean he had him in off the bench.

I agree wit wat splff said... waiten on an answer from brown??
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm

drew-73-stl wrote:
    Marco_SNAPS_55 wrote:Drew disrespect but u really sound stupid. Tbh nobody really cares if u be nice or not it's a online game n everyone can say what they want. It's not like u Gona go to their house n beat them lol

NO i am not gonna go and beat anybody up, obviously. Marco, i feel you are truly wrong when u said no one cares if people are nice or mean. i guarantee if every time i was in chat or the posts i did i was a complete disrespectful jackass i or anyone else would not last long. and if JOEY feels he needs to act like a child towards me thats his right, i was just commenting how silly it is that it seems OK and people just look the other way. my intention with what i originally said was to get some POSITIVE feedback regarding my game play and then it turns into a counseling session on how JOEY needs to gain maturity. and i WILL NEVER stoop to his level however i still will say what i feel and think its WRONG that it is overlooked how JOEY acts.

THANKS to those who gave me feedback , especially Joker and Marco i thought we were kool and here you are sounding like you are defending JOEY, he must be your boy or something...this is the last message or any mention from me about JOEY.......

ay mam, aint u the kid that got booted for cryin like a bitch, and for goin offsides cause u were mad u were losin or gettin killed??? sure was u mam

u mad mam?
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm

splff3000 wrote:

Also, as for that last TD, was that a drive where he ran the ball exclusively and just wasn't stopped or did he pass to get so close to the goalline? Also how many time outs did browns have left and had browns conceded defeated before by running the ball. I know muck had told me before that he didn't really care for Beanie wells too much so the fact that he got a TD late might mean he had him in off the bench.

Ill admit I was still trying to score heading into the 4th, which is why I had no issue with his 1st TD in the 4th, but pretty much after that I shut it down. I didnt run the ball on every down, but I was trying to kill clock with passing and running.

His last TD came off a long drive, my issue is its past the two minute warning, he is up 42-9, why is running for a TD instead of kneeling? I only had two timeouts left, and would it matter? Im already down big with less than 2 minutes left, Im not gonna make a comeback lol. The same with the the 2nd TD, I dont think it was necessary to throw near the goal line up big, he could have killed clock or ran the ball(Id have no problem with him scoring a TD running, I think passing was excessive).

TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

just when i was running out

popcorn
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

You're running hurry up from mid 3rd q and just passing throwing pick after pick. If you just let some time off the clock yourself then the game is over way sooner. But I guess you just want a complete free roll at coming back.

Last edited by Muckem on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 pm

splff3000 wrote:

The last score was off a drive where I didn't throw the ball once.

Browns threw 8 picks, I could have scored 100 if I wanted to run it up on him.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Muckem wrote:You're running hurry up and just passing yourself throwing pick after pick. If you just let some time off the clock yourself then the game is over way sooner. But I guess you just want a complete free roll at coming back.
    I ran hurry up at the beginning of the 4th when I had a drive, after that I think I no huddle twice. Your telling me to run clock, what about you? It wasnt like you was completing every throw. You'd run one once, pass, pass. Same shit, dont tell me to run clock when you was calling plays and running them, not even wasting a little play clock. Even though I no huddle a few plays, I let clock run out. I did not care about the out come of the game after your 2nd TD, game was done, I wasn't going to come back. On that next drive, I ran twice and threw on 3rd, your telling me I didnt kill clock? GTFO with that, and the TD with less than 2 minutes left? You telling me that was ok? You a joke for running up the score, and I want something done, about it, its clear in the rules, you cant run it up. I didnt take any timeouts on that drive, but you still go ahead and score, because 49-9 looks so much better than 42-9, right?
    I want something done about this shit
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Muckem wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

The last score was off a drive where I didn't throw the ball once.

Browns threw 8 picks, I could have scored 100 if I wanted to run it up on him.
    Your joking right, not one throw? Thats bullshit and you know it. You had a big gain with one of your WRs on the outside. Dont fucking say if you wanted to run it up, because you ran it up
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:54 pm

[/quote] Your joking right, not one throw? Thats bullshit and you know it. You had a big gain with one of your WRs on the outside. Dont fucking say if you wanted to run it up, because you ran it up[/quote]

Huh....it was a 2 play drive. You had thrown your 8th pick of the game. Ryan Williams had a long run down to the 3 yard line. You hadn't given up at that point how do I know you aren't going to call your 2 to's. You had to stop Beanie once from 3 yards or whatever and you couldn't do it. That's got you crying?

Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 pm

When you turn the ball over 10 times in a game. Losing by 40 should prob be expected.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Muckem wrote:
    Your joking right, not one throw? Thats bullshit and you know it. You had a big gain with one of your WRs on the outside. Dont fucking say if you wanted to run it up, because you ran it up[/quote]

Huh....it was a 2 play drive. You had thrown your 8th pick of the game. Ryan Williams had a long run down to the 3 yard line. You hadn't given up at that point how do I know you aren't going to call your 2 to's. You had to stop Beanie once from 3 yards or whatever and you couldn't do it. That's got you crying?

[/quote] 2 play drive? really? You didnt have a long run, you had a big gain with a WR, then a 1st down with a run, then you scored. Its not about stopping you from 4 yds, you up 33 with less than 2 minutes left, and you still trying to score? You that thirsty for points? No one crying, this a video game, but you got a bitch running up the score?

Like I said, something needs to be done, if someone got punished for running up the score in the 1st half, I think the same rule applies.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Muckem wrote:When you turn the ball over 10 times in a game. Losing by 40 should prob be expected.
    When someone is up 33 with 2 minutes left, you think they would try to kill clock instead of trying to get more points. Maybe if you scored off every TO, you have more points so you wouldnt have to run it up late.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Brownsfan23 wrote:
    Muckem wrote:When you turn the ball over 10 times in a game. Losing by 40 should prob be expected.
    When someone is up 33 with 2 minutes left, you think they would try to kill clock instead of trying to get more points. Maybe if you scored off every TO, you have more points so you wouldnt have to run it up late.

If I kept trying to score at the goaline after I knew you weren't gonna call your TO's than I would agree with you. On first down with the clock stopped for the 2 min warning, I didn't know that.

Then you punt the ball back to me on first down.....which is extremely sim. If I wanted to run it up, wouldn't I just run my offense on that possession too?
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Muckem wrote:
    Brownsfan23 wrote:When someone is up 33 with 2 minutes left, you think they would try to kill clock instead of trying to get more points. Maybe if you scored off every TO, you have more points so you wouldnt have to run it up late.

If I kept trying to score at the goaline after I knew you weren't gonna call your TO's than I would agree with you. On first down with the clock stopped for the 2 min warning, I didn't know that.

Then you punt the ball back to me on first down.....which is extremely sim. If I wanted to run it up, wouldn't I just run my offense on that possession too?
    I never said punting was sim, but you wanted to keep scoring, so I gave you the opportunity. If its 1st down, why not kneel it instead of run? I had had 2 timeouts, I wasnt gonna stop clock on all those downs.
    See thats what I dont get you had no problem kneeling after the punt, but 1st down with 2 minutes left near the goalline, you could have killed clock to end the game, but you scored, up 33 to 40. If thats not running up the score, then I dont know what is.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am

So what is the outcome from this situation honestly?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 am

Brownsfan23 wrote:So what is the outcome from this situation honestly?
    Muck could have handled the situation differently, however given the specifics of the situation, I don't consider it running up the score. If you would have stopped him on that play and did not take a timeout, and then he proceeded to run another offensive play and scored, then it would have been in my opinion.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 am

It is now 10 PM CT on Sunday night. This is the scheduling deadline.

Texans/Panthers is the only not completed game with a scheduled time posted so we will be advancing tomorrow night after that game in finished. If you do not want your game simmed, get it in before that game has concluded.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    Muck could have handled the situation differently, however given the specifics of the situation, I don't consider it running up the score. If you would have stopped him on that play and did not take a timeout, and then he proceeded to run another offensive play and scored, then it would have been in my opinion.
    So being up 33 with 2 minutes left and scoring is not running it up? Getting a stop defensively changes that, with me not having to take a timeout, wow. So why did Joey get punished? CPU should have stopped him right? No need to answer those questions
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 am

Brownsfan23 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:
    So being up 33 with 2 minutes left and scoring is not running it up? Getting a stop defensively changes that, with me not having to take a timeout, wow. So why did Joey get punished? CPU should have stopped him right? No need to answer those questions
    It's not about the score at that point. It's about whether the game is conceded or not. As far as he knows you haven't conceded yet. We already went over all of this for close to an hour in the chatbox earlier.

Some guys will take those time outs and some won't. He was running his offense until he was sure he could run out the clock.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    Brownsfan23 wrote: So being up 33 with 2 minutes left and scoring is not running it up? Getting a stop defensively changes that, with me not having to take a timeout, wow. So why did Joey get punished? CPU should have stopped him right? No need to answer those questions
    It's not about the score at that point. It's about whether the game is conceded or not. As far as he knows you haven't conceded yet. We already went over all of this for close to an hour in the chatbox earlier.

Some guys will take those time outs and some won't. He was running his offense until he was sure he could run out the clock.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 am

popcorn
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 am

Your reasoning is weak beyond believe man. Its up to the losing team to concede defeat? How about the team winning by 21+ show some common sense? Its clear that there are some differences between what the rules say and how they are enforced. He ran up the score, buts its cool.ill find a different league
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm