GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
dclark44
KidIcarus27
gameface1324
jhawk886
CT21
urbanslegend05
jusblaze09
stoptherun
splff3000
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by jhawk886 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    gameface1324 wrote:And Im not referring to jayhawk at all.. not his fault he has been willing to play for days....

Maybe Blaze is super busy or whatever... but it kinda gets to a point where someone, be it spliff or blaze, steps in and says oh well crappy luck on the never being able to play but maybe we can sim for the 11 other ppl here?

I mean I know if it were me and my single game was holding the whole OD up for 4 days and counting... I woulda said sim it on day 2 or 3, or let Urbs play CPU. Especially if I knew was gonna run into another long advance the very next game

Umm, actually, it's only gonna be a few hours passed the deadline. The deadline was set @ 6pm today. We're probably gonna advance later tonight after they play their game so it's not some real long time in between advances. Now I don't know what happens if jusblaze and Hawk can't play tonight. Waiting until next Monday is a very long time to wait for one game, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. That may be a lil too long to wait. We'll see what happens after the advance though.
    Look, I'm gonna try to make every effort I can to get this game in before Monday, but if it doesn't happen, then I shouldn't be forced to let blaze play the CPU of have it simmed. Because either way, he would win that. I have no chance of winning the sim matchup because his team is a lot better than mine. I shouldn't have my chance at another undefeated season and a NC ruined because of all of this. I hate prolonged advances as much as anyone, but I've been willing to play for a while, and it just hasn't worked out that we've advanced yet. Blaze and Urbs are having difficulties right now but they're trying to get started, hopefully they can get it worked out and Blaze and I can play right after, if not, well we'll see. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my schedule and hopefully we won't be forced to wait that long though.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Look, I'm gonna try to make every effort I can to get this game in before Monday, but if it doesn't happen, then I shouldn't be forced to let blaze play the CPU of have it simmed. Because either way, he would win that. I have no chance of winning the sim matchup because his team is a lot better than mine. I shouldn't have my chance at another undefeated season and a NC ruined because of all of this. I hate prolonged advances as much as anyone, but I've been willing to play for a while, and it just hasn't worked out that we've advanced yet. Blaze and Urbs are having difficulties right now but they're trying to get started, hopefully they can get it worked out and Blaze and I can play right after, if not, well we'll see. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my schedule and hopefully we won't be forced to wait that long though.

EDIT: Nevermind. They're playing already.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:59 pm

I can help you out, gameface is gonna vote no, so that's one.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:06 am

jusblaze09 wrote:I can help you out, gameface is gonna vote no, so that's one.

well if you guys play tonight it's not necessary
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:07 am

It's lil too late now Joker so you wanna try to shoot for tomorrow sometime? I'm free until noon then I'm free again after 830pm.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

Advanced to week 9. Next Advance: Fri Oct 8 @ 9pm

Game Of The Week

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Team9 VS Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Team30

Oh boy, this one is gonna be a doozy. There's nothing but bad blood in this rivalry. These teams just plain ole don't like each other. Auburn will be going to Athens with nothing but spoiler on there mind. UGA and their Heisman candidate at TE, Orson Charles, are prepared to protect their home turf. This scenario is eerily similar to last year when an undefeated UGA came into Jordan Hare against a 2 loss Auburn team and left with a loss. That loss caused UGA a shot at a national championship. Things are little different this time around though as Auburn will be coming to Athens this time. Will we see a repeat of last year where Auburn ended UGA's championship dreams or will UGA get revenge for that loss last year. Either way, this contest should be a hard hitting slug fest.

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 Arkansas Razorbacks (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 42-23 against Ole Miss (5-2).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host Troy (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Wesley Scott has committed to Ole Miss
    - (*) LT Jason Rice has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) WR E.J. Jones has committed to Arkansas

=============== #14 Auburn Tigers (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 35-28 against LSU (7-0).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Athens to face the #1 Georgia Bulldogs (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Nick Williams has committed to Auburn

=============== #20 Oregon Ducks (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 34-21 against Arizona State (4-4).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Robert Pleasant has committed to BYU

=============== #13 Florida State Seminoles (5-2) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles will host Maryland (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Nathan Hartman has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (****) QB Mikal Barrett has committed to Miami
    - (****) DT Tim Snyder has committed to Miami
    - (****) RT Keith Mitchell has committed to Florida State

=============== #1 Georgia Bulldogs (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 27-10 against Florida (2-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #14 Auburn (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Marcus Washington has committed to Georgia

=============== #4 Kansas Jayhawks (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Kansas won 34-7 against Colorado (4-3).
    This week, the Jayhawks travel to College Station to face the #23 Texas A&M Aggies (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Xavier Dawson has committed to Kansas
    - (****) DT Omar Brigham has committed to Kansas State

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (7-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 35-28 against Auburn (5-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host Southern Miss (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Kevin King has committed to Baylor
    - (****) WR E.J. Richard has committed to LSU

=============== #18 Miami Hurricanes (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 35-10 against Georgia Tech (4-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Keith Mitchell has committed to Florida State
    - (****) DT Tim Snyder has committed to Miami
    - (****) QB Mikal Barrett has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 48-24 against Texas A&M (4-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Austin to face the #10 Texas Longhorns (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) FS Ryan Flanagan has committed to Texas
    - (***) CB D.J. Mueller has committed to Nebraska

=============== #23 Texas A&M Aggies (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 48-24 against Nebraska (7-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host #4 Kansas (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Stan Turner has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #17 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-14 against Clemson (6-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host Boston College (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Kyle Roberts has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) LE Lewis Lewis has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (**) K Mike Allen has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) FS Tim Stanley has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (5-1) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Sean Harrison has committed to USC
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

splff3000 wrote:INFO PAGE (Updated weekly)

Current Week

- 2011 Week 9

Next Advance

- Fri Oct 8 @ 9PM

Vacation List

N/A

Game of the Week (Week 9)

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Team9 VS Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 31 Team30

Offensive Player of the Week (Week 9)

Taylor Martinez(urbanslegend05) - QB (Neb) 17-22, 273yds, 11car, 160yds, 6 TD's

Defensive Player of the Week (Week 9)

Archibald Barnes(cpu) - LOLB (Vandy) 5TKLS, 5TFL, 6ATK, 2sacks, 2 FF

Heisman Watch (Week 9)

NAMEPOS SCHOOL LAST GAME
    DJ Beshears QB KU8-30, 125yds, 9car, 114yds, TD
    Orson Charles TE UGA 9rec, 117yds, 2TD's
    Joe AdamsWR Ark N/A (Injured)
    John Clay HB Wisc 35car, 340yds, 4 TD's
    Taylor MartinezQB Neb 17-22, 273yds, 11car, 160yds, 6 TD's

Home and Home(year 1)

Aub vs Mia
    Wis vs Ore
    Wis vs FSU
    FSU vs UGA
    Neb vs VT
    Ark vs Neb
    Ore vs SC
    VT vs Ore
    Kan vs Wis
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:56 am

How do I go from 1st to 5th in the Heisman after that game?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

Fuck yeah Golden Gophers!!! Knocking off Ohio State 22-20!

That looked like a game I would have wanted to watch on TV. 14-10 Ohio State starting the fourth and then Minnesota gets them for a safety. They take the safety punt and proceed to drive down and score. The Buckeyes answer right back to make it 20-19 with 2:46 left in the game. Minnesota then drives down the field and wins the game on a 19 yard field goal with 9 seconds left. Hell of a game! And it was even at the Shoe!! I think I just became a Gopher fan.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:How do I go from 1st to 5th in the Heisman after that game?
    Well you were 2nd before not first. But I agree, that's kind of F'd up.

Granted though, you wouldn't have done that well if you would've actually played blaze. So maybe it evens it out. lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 am

jhawk886 wrote:Fuck yeah Golden Gophers!!! Knocking off Ohio State 22-20!

That looked like a game I would have wanted to watch on TV. 14-10 Ohio State starting the fourth and then Minnesota gets them for a safety. They take the safety punt and proceed to drive down and score. The Buckeyes answer right back to make it 20-19 with 2:46 left in the game. Minnesota then drives down the field and wins the game on a 19 yard field goal with 9 seconds left. Hell of a game! And it was even at the Shoe!! I think I just became a Gopher fan.

How did you see every detail of this game?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:Fuck yeah Golden Gophers!!! Knocking off Ohio State 22-20!

How did you see every detail of this game?
    Go to the "Scores/Schedule" page and go to their game or look in "Top Stories" and press triangle to bring up more info on the game.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 am

Good game blaze. We both made a couple of huge mistakes in the red zone. The difference in the game was basically that one pick 6. You did a really good job of stopping Beshears. I'll try to get a write-up done up sometime tomorrow.

As long as you don't get knocked off by the Horny Cows, it should be #4 Kansas vs. #2 Nebraska in Lawrence next week. Should be a hell of a game.
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    gameface1324 wrote:And Im not referring to jayhawk at all.. not his fault he has been willing to play for days....

Maybe Blaze is super busy or whatever... but it kinda gets to a point where someone, be it spliff or blaze, steps in and says oh well crappy luck on the never being able to play but maybe we can sim for the 11 other ppl here?

I mean I know if it were me and my single game was holding the whole OD up for 4 days and counting... I woulda said sim it on day 2 or 3, or let Urbs play CPU. Especially if I knew was gonna run into another long advance the very next game

Umm, actually, it's only gonna be a few hours passed the deadline. The deadline was set @ 6pm today. We're probably gonna advance later tonight after they play their game so it's not some real long time in between advances. Now I don't know what happens if jusblaze and Hawk can't play tonight. Waiting until next Monday is a very long time to wait for one game, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. That may be a lil too long to wait. We'll see what happens after the advance though.

Which is why I made sure to say it wasnt your fault at all, and I agree that you had been ready for this game and the whole OD waiting on those 2 to finish up, and if it had passed the one chance you had to play, agree with you 100% it shouldnt have been skipped. That one would have been a completely diff scenario

gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:28 am

Good lord that Heisman race is so screwed up lol. Clay cant get a break... Urbs QB drops despite a ridic good game...
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:How do I go from 1st to 5th in the Heisman after that game?

I think it said Martinez was injured. I guess the game dropped you because he was injured.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

Man the EA Heisman is some bullshit. 340 and 4 TDs and Clay drops????

Whatever. Thank god for Minnesota!!!!!!!! I was convinced I was going to have to share the Big 10 title...
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 am

The games logic is retarded sometimes, be it Heisman race or the polls

Last season in the OD I run, My only loss with Texas Tech had came to #1 user Cal, I beat 2 of the finishing top 5 teams, won 3 more top 25 games... and I was ranked 7th in the coaches final poll, while 3rd in the other.

regardless I easily shoulda been ranked 2nd, yet was screwed. Hell they had a 2 loss USC team that only had 1 ranked win all season higher than me.

Just dont get it sometimes
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:06 am

Still haven't signed anybody. The CPU really has it out for me. This is starting to piss me off.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:25 am

Updates? Joker? Splff?
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:01 pm

stoptherun wrote:Still haven't signed anybody. The CPU really has it out for me. This is starting to piss me off.

Im tired of being 1st or 2nd on someones list for weeks and weeks, then someone comes out of nowhere to sign them
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Updates? Joker? Splff?

He's whipping my ass. The end.

I can honestly say that I probably won't win again in this series until Orson Charles leave lol. Nobody on my team can cover him lol.

Safeties, CB's, LB's, nobody can cover him lol.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:Updates? Joker? Splff?

He's whipping my ass. The end. I can honestly say that I probably won't win again in this series until Orson Charles leave lol. Nobody on my team can cover him lol.
    He is raping your ass hard. I hope you came prepared and brought the lube.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm

^ No Homo, lol.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm

And Ealey is breaking every tackle under the sun lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am