GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

THE NFL DRAFT

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

THE NFL DRAFT Empty THE NFL DRAFT

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I figured it would be cool to have a draft discussion. What would have been really cool is if a few of us would have done a mock draft or listed sleepers and stuff.

Anyways, I'm very happy with Day 1 of the draft for the Dolphins. My two targets that I wanted coming in were Ryan Tannehill or Fletcher Cox. I would have been happy with either.

I'm really excited with Tannehill though, although most people aren't big on him. Here's why: Tannehill doesn't have a lot of time, but he does have a very big arm and he's probably already one of the fastest 3-4 quarterbacks in the league given his ability to play receiver. (That should also make him fun to play with on Madden next year) He may need time to develop, but if his college coach believed in him enough to take him at No. 8 that says enough for me. We are obviously going to have growing pains with him, but this coaching staff and GM Jeff Ireland just put all their eggs into that basket. If he works out, they will stay. If not, Ireland is gone. This will turn out to be a very pivotal draft for us.

NOW FOR OTHER FIRST ROUND IMPRESSIONS...

Dallas obviously did a lot to help improve their team with a bold move to get Claiborne. I really liked that move as well as what Minnesota did by trading down and still getting their guy.
    I'm not sure why Cleveland went with Wheedon, given that McCoy had no weapons to throw to. I would have been more inclined to trade down and get him more weapons. Obviously I think Richardson is going to be a beast however.
    The Patriots were also very interesting with their three first round picks. It was kinda the opposite of most years for them, because they were trading up. Idk a lot about most of their picks, but I hope they bust lol.
    Jacksonville also made a smart move in the first round of the draft for the first time since picking Fred Taylor in 98. Maybe Khan will be better for the Jaguars as an owner than Wayne Weaver ever was.

WHAT NEXT
    For me, I'm looking to put weapons around Tannehill with the Dolphins. I'd like to pick up a receiver here or in the third round tonight. A couple that I really like are Ryan Broyles and Alshon Jeffrey. Last year they would have both been first round picks. Broyles fell off bc of the injury, but I think he's the real deal. Jeffrey, I don't care what others say like Kiper and Mcshay. I've seen him play at South Carolina and he's got the frame to be an excellent target in the redzone, plus he seems to make all the catches.
    Stephen Hill is also a possibility, and although he didn't have a lot of catches, he played in an offense that doesn't throw the ball a lot. When he did catch the ball, it was usually for a big play.
    Besides that, I'm looking for an OLB/DE type that can be a hybrid rusher and some help on the right side of the offensive line. I'm ready to buckle my seatbelt and strap into these other rounds.
    TJ
    TJ

THE NFL DRAFT Empty Re: THE NFL DRAFT

Post by TJ Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Tannehill... lol.

Bucs got help at S and RB, can't be too upset, though my homer pick of Janoris didn't happen. Would love to see Barron and Black together down the road if Black can get on the field. Maybe the Bucs could get a decent CB later on to help with Barber finally hangs it up.

And of course, use their final pick on the best QB ever, John Brantley. 10x's the QB of Tannehill.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:15 pm

lol I like what the Bucs and bears have done this offseason. Rams are having a pretty nice draft too. LMAO at the Tannehill pick lol. Miami over reached like a mfer lol.
    DaDa_Sanders

Post by DaDa_Sanders Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 am

Seattle is drafting for the top pick in the NFL next year, Take a guy that is a 1 trick pony, then take a quarterback that can't even see over the OL after they just signed Matt Flynn. I'd like to say it already With the 2013 the Seattle Seahawks r on the clock.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

Tony bergstrom
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Damn looks like the Vikings drafted the whole Arkansas receiving core lol.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Redskins drafting 2 QB's with first 3 picks? They got Rex Grossman on their roster still, they gonna have the two youngest clipboard holders for a while cause Rex gonna be #1 till he retires...
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:14 pm

lol I feel sorry for the Redskins. Since Al is gone, they are the only ones left for people to laugh at during the draft. On the other hand, Seattle looks like they are trying real hard to take the Raiders old spot lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 pm

I don't know, Jacksonville did take a punter in the third round. Even Al isn't that dumb.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 pm

You're right urb, he wasn't that dumb enough to draft a guy with a big leg in the 3rd. When it came to Janikowski, he snatched him up in the 1st cause waiting a couple more rounds would have been crazy.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm

DaDa_Sanders wrote:Seattle is drafting for the top pick in the NFL next year, Take a guy that is a 1 trick pony, then take a quarterback that can't even see over the OL after they just signed Matt Flynn. I'd like to say it already With the 2013 the Seattle Seahawks r on the clock.

This is true. I mean seriously urban, for a sportswriters, your knowledge of sports is pretty fucking limited. Lol it's about time you get a new job Lol.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 am

Bengals get Vontaze Burfict undrafted? No one wanted to even throw a 7th at him and take a shot? Would have been the perfect Mr. Irrelevant pick.
    DaDa_Sanders

Post by DaDa_Sanders Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 am

tmjohns18 wrote:Bengals get Vontaze Burfict undrafted? No one wanted to even throw a 7th at him and take a shot? Would have been the perfect Mr. Irrelevant pick.

I remember when scouts said he was the #1 LB and then he went to the combines and just fell. I think he has a good NFL career.. Some guys r just football players. I think the Eagles got a steal with Cliff Harris UDFA top 10 talent but a huge idiot. I think he went to the right team to get his act together.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 pm

After looking again, I really like the Ram draft. I really like Jenkins and Pead picks later on. Colts had a decent draft too. They got 2 beast TE's for Luck. Should be interesting to see that unfold next year.
    DaDa_Sanders

Post by DaDa_Sanders Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I liked the Rams draft to. DL is shaping up to be nice with the rookie to go with Robert Quinn who had 5.5 sacks last year and Chris Long. If Jenkins can ball out like he did in Florida him and Cortland r gonna do some damage. No clue who the WR was taken in R2 but reading some scouting reports is they say he looks like a T.O.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:03 am