GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
jusblaze09
Rauloe
pops21kid
KidIcarus27
getonmylevelho
splff3000
ehicks009
Joker12
stoptherun
dclark44
jhawk886
NY_Eer
urbanslegend05
17 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 17 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Just splff and kid left, so should advance tonight. I'll text both of them to let em know.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Just splff and kid left, so should advance tonight. I'll text both of them to let em know.

I'll get mine in this evening when I get home from work. .
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Advanced to week 11.

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 49-21 against LSU (6-3).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Ike White has committed to Alabama
    - (****) CB Tony Moore has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) DT Tyler Joseph has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) QB Bobby Schmidt has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) QB Steve Barrett has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 Cal Golden Bears (7-0) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 24-10 against Oregon State (1-8).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Oregon (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Keith Coleman has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) P Ike White has committed to Alabama
    - (***) TE Willie Lundy has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) SS Donte Robinson has committed to Cal

=============== #9 Florida Gators (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 69-35 against Georgia (6-4).
    This week, the Gators will host Vanderbilt (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Steve Barrett has committed to Alabama
    - (***) K Phillip Wolfe has committed to Florida

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-14 against NC State (2-6).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE David Peterson has committed to Georgia

=============== #16 Michigan Wolverines (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 65-20 against Northwestern (3-4).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Howell has committed to Penn State
    - (*****) QB Jack Henry has committed to Michigan
    - (***) DT Blake Walker has committed to Michigan

=============== #10 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 40-15 against Minnesota (3-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Illinois (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Justin Freeman has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) SS Michael Matthews has committed to Rutgers
    - (*****) QB Jack Henry has committed to Michigan

=============== #7 Oklahoma Sooners (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 21-14 against Oklahoma State (4-5).
    This week, the Sooners will host #5 Texas A&M (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) DT Tyler Joseph has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) FS Mike Sapp has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 98-0 against Navy (3-5).
    This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Donte Robinson has committed to Cal
    - (***) SS Nick Joseph has committed to Notre Dame
    - (**) K Keith Coleman has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) CB Justin Freeman has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #14 Texas Longhorns (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 44-13 against Baylor (4-5).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Kansas (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Brandon Brown has committed to Miami
    - (*****) FS Mike Sapp has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) C Shannon Williams has committed to Texas
    - (****) SS Fred Henry has committed to Texas
    - (*****) WR Tim Whitaker has committed to Texas

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 37-7 against Miami (8-2).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 53-14 against Purdue (4-4).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Wisconsin (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Brad Miller has committed to Penn State
    - (***) HB Mike Frazier has committed to Penn State
    - (***) MLB Josh Howell has committed to Penn State
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Penn St keeps rolling...now 10 straight. Beat up on Wisconsin 56-7. Redd - 175 yards and 3 TDs rushing. Jones 394 yards, 3 TDs, and 4 INTs. Score would've been much worse if my dumbass didn't throw 4 picks...two of which were in the end zone.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 am

Oklahoma comes from behind to beat #5 Texas A&M 42-34 in an insane game. Texas A&M dominated early, both on the scoreboard and physically, as they lead 27-7 with 2 minutes remaining in the second quarter. On the Sooners ensuing drive, both Brennan Clay and Quinton Young were knocked out for the remainder of the game. Drew Allen, former starter, came in, and Oklahoma scored 5 of the final 6 touchdowns including two in the fourth to win the game. Allen was a remarkable 14-18 for 276 yards and 4 touchdowns and also scored a touchdown on the ground in just over a half of work. Coach Joker said after there is no quarterback controversy and Young will start next game if he is healthy.Young has had an up and down true freshman season, leading Oklahoma to a 9-1 record but has thrown only 1 more touchdown (14) than interception (13).
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 am

I'm sorry fellas.... I'm gonna just call it quits. All together. I just really suck at this years game. I can't hardly beat the computer , which in turn makes the brutal recruiting even more difficult. I'm just not good enough for these settings. I remember in previous years when it was fairly challenging to beat the computer, but not crazy difficult, and most of the importance was on user games. That's when I had the most fun at this game. Now I just get my ass handed to me consistently... I look forward to user games because I have a better chance.. Anyway I wasn't gonna say anything, but now that a lot of other peoples interest is waning , i'm just gonna bow out. It is just really hard to sustain interest in a game you suck so bad at... anyway sorry again, see you guys on Black Ops
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:06 am

KidIcarus27 wrote:I'm sorry fellas.... I'm gonna just call it quits. All together. I just really suck at this years game. I can't hardly beat the computer , which in turn makes the brutal recruiting even more difficult. I'm just not good enough for these settings. I remember in previous years when it was fairly challenging to beat the computer, but not crazy difficult, and most of the importance was on user games. That's when I had the most fun at this game. Now I just get my ass handed to me consistently... I look forward to user games because I have a better chance.. Anyway I wasn't gonna say anything, but now that a lot of other peoples interest is waning , i'm just gonna bow out. It is just really hard to sustain interest in a game you suck so bad at... anyway sorry again, see you guys on Black Ops

That's cool man. I kinda seen it coming anyway. Damn, ho is running everyone out of the ACC. Well, looks like we'll need two new users next season. If any of you guys know a guy from any other dynasty that would be a good fit here, let me know. If not, I'll go looking before we start the offseason.

And, since we have two people quitting, that makes me ask splff if he has any interest in coming back to Auburn, if he wins a championship at Cal or needs the challenge, since Workers is done after this year. I'd really like to keep this going for a lot longer this year. This is the most fun I've had playing NCAA in a long while since the gameplay is so much better.

Hawk, I know you've been toying with sliders, so if you guys would like to readjust them after this year, let me know what kinda settings you've seen.

I want to keep the dynasty as fun as I can for everyone and keep it going as long as possible. The key is to keep things interesting. Anything you guys think that will make the dynasty better, let me know, except for Clark's opinion. That one doesn't matter Wink
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:50 pm

I agree on the most fun with the game in a while. One thing I might recommend for keeping it interesting longer would be to introduce recruiting restrictions. It is very easy for us, especially Florida, Alabama, Texas, and Notre Dame apparently, to get full recruiting classes with very good players. We are taking away players from other users when we really don't need them. We are filling out our classes with 3 star prospects who will probably never see the field (or maybe one season), when they could be 3 or 4 year starters somewhere else. Taking players away from other schools who need them just so we can cut them or other players who disappear, just makes the competition weaker.

We don't have to do this, and I'm not saying do it like I am in CFF, cuz that is very strict, but I think some sort of restrictions would be good. It would definitely help out the other users in the dynasty to maybe keep them more interested.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:That's cool man. I kinda seen it coming anyway. Damn, ho is running everyone out of the ACC. Well, looks like we'll need two new users next season. If any of you guys know a guy from any other dynasty that would be a good fit here, let me know. If not, I'll go looking before we start the offseason.

And, since we have two people quitting, that makes me ask splff if he has any interest in coming back to Auburn, if he wins a championship at Cal or needs the challenge, since Workers is done after this year. I'd really like to keep this going for a lot longer this year. This is the most fun I've had playing NCAA in a long while since the gameplay is so much better.

Hawk, I know you've been toying with sliders, so if you guys would like to readjust them after this year, let me know what kinda settings you've seen.

I want to keep the dynasty as fun as I can for everyone and keep it going as long as possible. The key is to keep things interesting. Anything you guys think that will make the dynasty better, let me know, except for Clark's opinion. That one doesn't matter Wink

Fuck no, I'm not going back to Auburn. Now that I've turned Cal into a semi power house team, you think I'm gonna go back to Auburn with 3 seasons of cpu recruiting? lol Naw, I'm good man. Especially not with Florida and Alabama being built up even more.

I'm in for the long haul as long as eveyone else is interested. The reason Workers is folding is because a lot of users don't seem interested anymore. We made it all the way to the deadline on our last 3 advances. That tells me something there.

As for what you can do to make Rivals better, I second jhawks idea about recruiting restrictions. It seems that most people now have a good understanding of how the recruiting works so I think we should implement some kind of recruiting restriction.

I don't know what else yo can do, but I'm here for as long as folks are interested. When Clark stops saying he's the greatest coach ever, that's when I'll retire lol.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

You will be playing the game for decades. I am, and always will be, The Greatest Coach ever
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 pm

What do you think guys? Recruiting restrictions next season?

If so, we'll go back to the rule I had about only being able to sign up to 73 players. I'm don't think I want to put a limit on the number of 5,4,3 stars each team can get, but that should lower our signing classes.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Also, it's just splff left and dhova to recruit. I assume splff will play tonight, and hopefully he can get ahold of hova to get his recruiting in.

Splff/Hawk, if you guys have some OS members that would like to fill the last 2 positions starting with the offseason, let me know. We're getting down to the nitty gritty on next season.
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Ill get mine done tonight. Sorry fellas
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Also, it's just splff left and dhova to recruit. I assume splff will play tonight, and hopefully he can get ahold of hova to get his recruiting in.

Splff/Hawk, if you guys have some OS members that would like to fill the last 2 positions starting with the offseason, let me know. We're getting down to the nitty gritty on next season.

WTF? I just advanced yesterday. I'll try to get it in tonight. I have a game in another OD and I have to spend some time with the ole ball and chain lol. If I can't get it tonight, I'll definitely have it done tomorrow morning sometime. Sorry for any problems this may cause.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Not gonna cause any problems. When you get it done, you get it done.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm really excited to see how the season shapes out. I know we got Cal-Notre Dame, Notre Dame-Alabama, Alabama-Florida, Florida-Florida State and Oklahoma-Ohio State still to go. Things are about to get crazy.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Joker12 wrote:I'm really excited to see how the season shapes out. I know we got Cal-Notre Dame, Notre Dame-Alabama, Alabama-Florida, Florida-Florida State and Oklahoma-Ohio State still to go. Things are about to get crazy.

That's what makes all the computer games worth playings. It's time for the madness to begin.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:01 am

Advanced to week 12.

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 30-7 against Mississippi State (4-5).
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Larry Lambert has committed to Ole Miss
    - (***) CB Max Rice has committed to Missouri
    - (***) TE Kenneth Spencer has committed to Texas
    - (***) WR Marvin Lowe has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 Cal Golden Bears (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 45-19 against Oregon (4-5).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Arizona State (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG C.J. Williams has committed to Miami

=============== #7 Florida Gators (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 81-13 against Vanderbilt (0-8).
    This week, the Gators travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Mike Broussard has committed to Florida

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 48-22 against Clemson (7-4).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #3 Notre Dame (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Mark Campbell has committed to Florida State

=============== #16 Michigan Wolverines (6-3) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host Indiana (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Scott Butler has committed to TCU
    - (***) FS Joe Davis has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) LG Anthony Fields has committed to Illinois
    - (****) QB Bryant White has committed to West Virginia
    - (***) CB Dave Massey has committed to Michigan
    - (***) SS Dave Gatewood has committed to Michigan

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 24-14 against Illinois (4-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Northwestern (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Kyle Holley has committed to Navy
    - (***) HB Antonio Lewis has committed to Central Michigan
    - (***) ROLB Chris Roach has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) CB Dave Massey has committed to Michigan
    - (***) LT Bryson Adams has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) LT Kris Sullivan has committed to Ohio State

=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 42-34 against Texas A&M (8-1).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the #22 Texas Tech Red Raiders (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Marcus Williams has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-0) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Irish were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Tallahassee to face the #4 Florida State Seminoles (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Neal Cook has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #13 Texas Longhorns (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 49-35 against Kansas (4-6).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Kenneth Spencer has committed to Texas

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 56-7 against Wisconsin (3-6).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Utah (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Nate Cooper has committed to Penn State
    - (****) QB Bryant White has committed to West Virginia
    - (***) SS Marcus Williams has committed to Oklahoma
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Ho, when can you go?
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Jesus H...I can't get a damn thing done recruiting w/ this team. Its like a broken record. Just lost 3 guys that I was at 100% w/ recently. I have 12 guys commited, no one left on my board, and zero interest from anything above a 2*. I have 10 hours to use and no one to use it on. I'm going to have a hard time fielding a team next year.

So, I'm all for whatever the hell you want to put in place for recruiting if it helps even the playing field. I hate looking for handouts, but I have no shame w/ this OD any more.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Oh shit, Notre Dame/FSU tonight. I'm gona have to get me a front row seat.....and the dolphins game. I'm gonna be footballing it all night.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:04 pm

NY_Eer wrote:Jesus H...I can't get a damn thing done recruiting w/ this team. Its like a broken record. Just lost 3 guys that I was at 100% w/ recently. I have 12 guys commited, no one left on my board, and zero interest from anything above a 2*. I have 10 hours to use and no one to use it on. I'm going to have a hard time fielding a team next year.

So, I'm all for whatever the hell you want to put in place for recruiting if it helps even the playing field. I hate looking for handouts, but I have no shame w/ this OD any more.

Yeah, we'll definitely do a change to the recruiting rules for next season. Try to help out some of you guys that I'm stealing recruits from. Sorry that I'm awesome. Very Happy
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm

[quote="urbanslegend05"]
    NY_Eer wrote:

Yeah, we'll definitely do a change to the recruiting rules for next season. Try to help out some of you guys that I'm stealing recruits from. Sorry that I'm awesome. Very Happy
    Any help would be much appreciated at this point. Before long the product I'm putting out on the field is going to suffer. I'm finally putting my game together, but its going to be a feat to keep it going w/ shit players. Thank god I signed that 5* RB.

#6 Penn St destroys Utah 55-3

Streaking Penn State's defense is becoming one of the top units in the country. They held the spread attack of Utah to 180 yards, 0 TDs, and 3 INTs throw the air and to less than 30 yards on the ground. Meanwhile the offense continues its balanced progression as Jones tossed for 300 yards once again, Utley caught more than 100 yards, and Redd rushed for 139 yards and 3 TDs. Backup WR, Marcus Goins also added 99 yards...most of which came on a nice 63 yards catch and run.

Penn State's coach said a large part of the reason for the blow out is that, "...the upside to not being able to recruit is that you have a whole lot of time to game plan."
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 pm

[quote="urbanslegend05"]
    NY_Eer wrote:

Question...how will you come up w/ the max # of signees for each year? I know most users are probably at their 70 limit right now. So, its easy to figure # of Srs + 3...or whatever. As for me though, due to the past 2 shitty classes I don't think I have the full 70. And I have a bunch of walk-ons that are in the 40s that I need to cut eventually. I might be screwed on the walk-ons, but I'd like to be able to work something into the rules that accounts for the # of players below the 70 max a team is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:17 pm