GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Shooter
    Shooter

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Shooter Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 am

Yeah that too.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok hawk, the patch 4 feature list is out and there is no mention what so ever of a fix for the salary cap glitch( told yall mfers they weren't gonna fix that shit). I think its time that we seriously start discussing what were gonna do as a workaround for this. I'm pretty sure were gonna be dealing with the same thing next season and every season after that as well so I suggest everyone think about it as if it were you because its likely that it could in fact be you next season. Anyway, its time to get serious about this. No need to wait til the last minute to try and figure this out. I'm busy at work now, but I will post my detailed idea for a workaround later.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Shooter said the patch for the should be out by the second week of December according to EA
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:39 pm

i still need to take a picture, but i was wrong about wat i said, the cpu signed 2 players for me automatically, and now my glitch is back and i cant resign the others.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Dolfinley wrote:Shooter said the patch for the should be out by the second week of December according to EA

That was just a rumor. All they knew was that a patch was coming. They didn't know what was on it. Well now they know that it is mostly MUT stuff. Show me a link where EA is saying that it will be fixed on the 2nd week of December. What are you doing listening to shooter anyway lol.
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Splff once again trying to act like he knows everything when he's really the dumbest mfer in the league.. A patch was never mentioned when I informed Chuck about the cap glitch getting fixed. The source said after they fixed it, it would auto fix itself in each CCM after their next advance. So good try.. And I've already said it wasn't a for sure thing, so you trying to knock my credibility is just flat out ignorance.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Wasn't a sure thing huh?

I got a source deep down inside who's sneaking up behind me and whispering in my ear that an auto correcting fix that'll be unannounced will be added to sometime in the not too distant but distant future that will fix the wind direction gauge when you go to kick. It's not a sure thing, but by god don't challenge my credibility because I know for a fact that this is not speculation but indeed cold hard truth on something that may not even be worked on but I just wanted to float it by at this time so if it is fixed you know I was right and my unverifiable source was indeed not my invisible friend Bob.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:03 am

Lmao Tj, I couldn't have said it better. As for you shooter, unless your source works at EA Tiburon, it is indeed just a rumor like I said. Anyway moving on to a different subject, let's advance this shit!!!
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 am

Sorry, I won't try to be informative ever again.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 am

I take it we are advancing soon as hawk gets on? Don't see last games scheduled.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:26 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:I take it we are advancing soon as hawk gets on? Don't see last games scheduled.

I think there is a game scheduled for 330 EST today. I think that's what I read in the scheduling thread. I was on those drinks last night tho coming back from my company's Christmas party,

I could be mistaken lol. On a different note I have 3 things to discuss.

1. For those of you that haven't been over to the transactions thread lately we have a lil scenario going on. Here's the rundown: a bunch of people put in claims for Peyton Manning after Marco recently released him. Browns has come in after all of them and picked him back up after releasing him earlier this season. I thought there was a rule in place to prevent that, but I guess there's not. Here are the posts:

splff3000 wrote:Not trying to put anyone on blast or nothing, but wasn't there a rule made about dropping players and picking them back up? I'm could very well be mistaken but I thought after Marco picked up Manning that 2nd time there was a rule made or something. Anyway, if it wasn't, just ignore everything I'm saying lol.

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Not trying to put anyone on blast or nothing, but wasn't there a rule made about dropping players and picking them back up? I'm could very well be mistaken but I thought after Marco picked up Manning that 2nd time there was a rule made or something. Anyway, if it wasn't, just ignore everything I'm saying lol.
    There was a rule discussed but never one implemented, the seemingly preferred rule that was discussed dealt with not being able to resign certain guys in the offseason, so the proposed rule would not have prevented Browns from claiming Peyton.

I'll have something in place when we get to the end of the season to address what we saw from marco, there isn't much I can do about what Browns did. I'm not going to say you can't pick up somebody you have previously dropped. NFL teams do it fairly regularly. The Chiefs cut DT Shaun Smith and then picked him back up when they cut Routt. Teams will cut guys and then pick them back up if they need them due to an injury. The only reason this is an issue is because it's a high profile player. I can't do anything about guys being idiots and just releasing him lol.

tmjohns18 wrote:Guys don't resign guys off waiver wire, the players clear then they get picked up later.

splff3000 wrote:
    tmjohns18 wrote:Guys don't resign guys off waiver wire, the players clear then they get picked up later.

That's what I'm saying TJ. It might not be a rule now, but I think we may need to look into something because the whole scenario looks like this to me: Browns had Manning and didn't like him for whatever reason so he released him. Marco picked him back up after that. A few weeks later he released him as well. Now it looks like a bunch of people have an interest in Manning and Browns wants to claim him again. Why? Is it to block someone else from getting him? He already had him on his team and released him. How is it fair that Browns can drop a guy then later when other people people have a genuine interest in him, he can swoop in and pick him back up again? He had his chance and obviously didn't like him because he dropped him. I know there's no rule right now, but maybe we might need to look into it. I don't know if Browns is trying to block someone from getting him or not, but we need something in place to prevent that from actually happening for real. This is just my opinion tho.

Anyway, this is not to get yall to vote on anything or nothing, but just to get everyone that hasn't been in the transaction thread up to date with what's going on.

2. As of late, there has been a big push to go after stat padders and score runner uppers(?). I just want to say that, in my game with Preacher, it was the most annoying thing having to come out and run 3 times and punt then watching him come out and pass and get incompletions and pretty much make the 2nd half of our game long as fuck. I was scared to pass the ball at all because I didn't wanna be excused of padding stats or anything. I don't know if there is a rule or something that can be put in place, but that shit was not fun. We need a better system. Maybe if you're playing a human, a person can play normal until there opponent sends them a message or something saying they concede and maybe once you get a 4 TD lead on the cpu you have to tone it down. I don't know, but I think we should have some kind of universal standard where everyone knows that they need to tone things down.

BTW - when I say you get a 4 TD lead on the computer, I'm not saying you just run dives the rest of the game lol. I'm saying you run your backs 90-95% for the rest of the game. Also, me personally, I never have any problem with someone running ints and kick/punt returns back for a TD. Those things don't happen often so I think if you have the chance you should be able to do that. That's just my opinion tho.

In general, I think we need to be discussing at what point people should take their foot off of the throttle in blow out games vs humans and vs cpu teams. Like I said, I think vs a human, the other person should send them a message saying they concede and vs the cpu they should take their foot off after a 4 TD lead.

3. Here' my proposal for the salary cap glitch work around. Since this glitch is probably gonna happen every season, this would probably be the way we have to do things from now on. Anyway here we go:

1. You have to post a pic in the salary cap glitch thread:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t1060-resign-glitch-team-list

Without a pic, you have no proof and, unfortunately, we can't just be taking people at their word lol.

2. During the season, you delegate the cpu to resign one player each week in hopes that he will resign with the team. If you really want a player you should be doing that anyway, that way you don't have to risk losing him if by some miracle he does resign. There's also rumors that if he resigns, it breaks the glitch, but there is no verification to that.

3. After the season is over (during the resign period) each team that has been verified to have the glitch makes a list of all the players that they want to resign but can't because of the glitch. These players will be off limits to other users. I think Hawk wants to put a limit on how many players you can put on the list( to simulate players rejecting your offer), but I think if he's gonna do that he should make it for all the players over 80 or something like that because most low rated players will resign fairly easily. This is a pretty controversial thing too because last season, I re-signed every player I wanted to. No one rejected my offer. I personally don't think he list should be limited, but if Hawk IS gonna make some kinda limit, I think it should be only limited for higher rated player.

4. After the lists are done and guys without the glitch have resigned, we skip over the regular 3 week free agency period during offseason and go straight to the draft. There is only 1 cpu team right now, so we don't have to worry about the cpu stealing all the free agents.

5. After the draft, we do a FA bidding before the first preseason game like we did when we started the CC. This would make it possible for those that have the glitch to be able to sign free agents as well. For those of you that weren't here when we did the bidding, everyone was given 15 points and you could designate those points to how ever many players you wanted to. You could put 15 points on one player or 3 points on 5 players. Once you made your bid, you couldn't take it away unless someone else outbidded you. Also, in the case of ties, the person higher in the draft order got the player. It went fairly smooth the first time, so I think we could do it again. Of course all the players listed on the "glitched teams" list would be off limits and could be picked up right away by the team that had the glitch.

So that's my take on a whole bunch of shit going on lol. We need to be discussing all of this shit. Ya'll need to be making sure everyone is aware of what's going on in the league and having an input on some of this shit because there are some pretty big decisions that will need to be made and the more input Hawk has, the easier it is for him. If you see someone in the chatbox say hey you need to read the last few posts in the discussion thread and shit like that. It's times like these when being in an online CC is about more than just playing games. Get involved mfers!!!!

russellmorris52
    russellmorris52

Post by russellmorris52 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    Dolfinley wrote:

Might not better ask Splff, he did the whole running the score up thing himself last week with a 59-0 win and 21 points in the fourth quarter. Funny how we missed that Very Happy

You didn't miss anything. I saved the 4th qtr score summary for you mfers cause I know how mfers like urb like to jump to conclusions.

My score summary is a 40 yd TD run by T. Jones ( only because he subbed in for my backup for some reason), an int return for a TD, and a 3 yd TD run by my backup. Hell, my last few possessions I just kneeled the ball and punted cause i was sure id score again if I did. If you guys want the proof, I can post the pic I took of it. Also, of those 59 pts, I had 2 pick 6's and a punt return for a TD. Go look at the CPU's total yards and tell me I couldn't have throttled them for way more lol. Anyway, the pic is available if you guys want me to post it. Urb, I know your ass too well. I know you would love the opportunity to burn me. Look again tho man. I'm legit.

let me just let everyone know i was busy the last few days , and had my cousin since i didnt wanna take an unneccesary sim loss to the cpu , hence why i havent posted or responded to this thread, but i accept my punishment and will sit vick and andre next game.
    dominoslarry
    dominoslarry

Post by dominoslarry Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 pm

wtf ever happen to the waive wire way we did it last year......after you made a claim once in a season you go to the bottom of the list....i know that was based off of power rankings but still there should be some easy way to track shit....anyways its pretty obvious browns only claimed him so noone else could unless i missed a matt ryan injury or something...and feel its bullshit but since theres no rule against what are you gonna do?
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:42 pm

as far as waiver wire goes if you cut a guy then you can't reclaim later ...this manning shit is bs anyone who's had him before shouldn't be allowed to pick him up again
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm

dominoslarry wrote:wtf ever happen to the waive wire way we did it last year......after you made a claim once in a season you go to the bottom of the list....i know that was based off of power rankings but still there should be some easy way to track shit....anyways its pretty obvious browns only claimed him so noone else could unless i missed a matt ryan injury or something...and feel its bullshit but since theres no rule against what are you gonna do?

Well that's the way it was done last year. New commish, new rules.

Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:49 pm

I thought I made it pretty clear as to Mannings role when I did win the claim lol.

But anyways Im gonna be real busy over the next couple of weeks with school coming to an end, getting more hours at work, and being in 3 2K leagues. Im not saying Im leaving, but its gonna be tough for me to play games the rest of the season, because I want my time on the PS for 2K, not madden.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:16 pm

so your on auto for awhile then
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:33 pm

lol, guy signs Manning then wants to be on auto the rest of the year.

Nice.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

LOL, I never said that I was gonna go on auto, my point was scheduling games will be different. Ill let you guys know what time Im available, but I dont want to say something like lets play at 9pm est, because if I start a game in 2k and am still playing the game I dont want people waiting. Id come on here to see if who Im playing is here, or text or message them on PSN. That way I can be like, can you play in so and so minutes? That way no is waiting and wasting time.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Splff as far as score running up and stat padding vs humans I couldn't agree more with you.

If the user that is losing isn't making attempts to run out the clock, and is just throwing incompletions and interceptions it shouldn't just be on the other person to just lay down.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Splff, my thought on padding/running up the score:

When I played Drew last season I was securely in the lead late in the game, and I picked up another passing TD. I was still throwing.

My reasoning is this. Despite the game being all but over, both sides still need to play smart. If I'm trying to run the clock and end the game, and you're bringing 8 guys to stop the run, I'll pass - that's smart. The issue comes into play when you look at how you're passing. Is it short gains to pick up firsts and avoid a stacked box, or is it 20 yards passes down the field? It's about context.

In my last game vs TJ, we played a very close first half, only to see, through a series of good plays by him and bad luck on my part, nearly 30 points scored on me in the third quarter. I stayed aggressive through that, and halfway into the fourth. So to that end, is TJ stat padding if I won't stop attacking and in turn he won't take his foot off the gas? Again, context. When I resigned the game and started running the clock, he did the same.

So to this:

I just want to say that, in my game with Preacher, it was the most annoying thing having to come out and run 3 times and punt then watching him come out and pass and get incompletions and pretty much make the 2nd half of our game long as fuck. I was scared to pass the ball at all because I didn't wanna be excused of padding stats or anything.

I say you should still pass the ball in that situation, but your goal shouldn't be advancing the ball to score, it should merely be advancing the ball to move the chains and keep running the clock. If you have to pass to do that, you do what you have to. If he's still pounding and trying to score, it's your right to keep it up.

My $0.02.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Pump your breaks, I threw 1 pass in the 2nd half against you with Moore and it was 31-0 at half. Scored only 13 points in the 2nd half and just ran ran ran the clock. Learn to stop the run and stop throwing picks before you say I had my foot on the gas during that time.

Once I get up in the 30's range and the game is really spread out I just tank and kick FGs. Ask Marco, I dropped the ground on an easy pick 6 and just 3 and out'd to a FG and punted inside the redzone late in games often this season. I don't give a damn about scoring points, just getting a W for Timmy T. Oh yeah, and I had a looong run easy TD before 2 min warning, ran out of bounds and punted it I think, so yeaahhh.

Also splff, FA bidding after draft is DUMB. No one gets to sign FA's long term and people can bid on players regardless of cap.

Here's quick example...

Cruz is a FA, teams bid max for him and lowest ranked team gets to sign him on a 1 year deal even though they don't have the cap to actually go into a bidding war for them. He's signs with them for cheap 1 year deal and they can now make cap space by next year to actually lock him up long term and/or rebid on him following offseason.

Chance resign glitch happens to teams each year, only being able to go after 1 year players year in and year out is not good.

Last edited by tmjohns18 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm

I felt bored vs the eagles myself. Worried of stat padding, I was up 35-3 at the half and he scored 17 unanswered points because I was so predictable on offense. If I'm losing I don't want to be babied, beat me down if you can. Not like in this league we can run one play the whole time, so there's still strategy involved IMO. Chaos out!
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Some just never learn

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 7 Ou1mqr
    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 7 2lks26u

This was against the CPU. I couldnt play last night because I was finishing games on 2k. But 21 points after being up 42-10 after 3, plus 3 4th down conversions, Id love to see a scoring summary Whistle
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:42 pm

I'd love to see a swift boot

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 7 650-Waterproof-Combat-Boot3

to his

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 7 Half-ass

Even though I know none of the game stats Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content