GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
GWORLD74
Shooter
Stephen A Smith
dbafford
drew-73-stl
buddie496
ak_brownsfan
aftermath52
JoeyJ1203
chuckjones112
KidIcarus27
Mr.Slick
LongSnapper61
BcRanger3
Kingofda334
getonmylevelho
jhawk886
Aftershock9958
Joker12
Jalen_d
Marco_SNAPS_55
dclark44
Dolfinley
Sinister
robgman15
da5playmaker
Muckem
Hardee
dominoslarry
stoptherun
Brownsfan23
TJ
splff3000
37 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Sinister
    Sinister

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Sinister Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Aftershock9958 wrote:Yeah, fumbling seemed okay. I didn't think press was awful,I had a few instances where I'd look over to Austin's side (I assume that was Nnamdi's side) and he was held up at the line when I needed to get rid of the ball.

My main issues are run blocking and pass accuracy.

In the running game I had a lot of yards, but it came off of two big runs. It felt like if I didn't break the perfect run and take it to the house, I was getting hit in the backfield every time. With pass accuracy, and I felt this way before, there just seems to be way too many inaccurate passes even at short distances. Not just a little off the mark, but those type of throws where you would think the QB is getting hit when he releases, but it's happening from a clean pocket.

This is all from one game of course, aside from the accuracy so maybe it's just one of those games.

Either way, I think I can play on these sliders, even if I'd prefer a few tweaks.
    Yeah shock...running was a little harder and i was gettin run down by LB shady a 93 speed gettin run down by 85 speed lbs not cool,on your two big runs i blitzed to the other side trying to catch you. you called the perfect play to the other.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:12 pm

In my game against Spllf, passing was an issue for me. I think it was me just trying to lead my WR instead of just throwing. I only threw 3 picks, compared to my other 2 losses where I threw around 5. Accuracy could be tweak, but Id be fine if it wasnt changed. My run game was not there, it seemed tougher to find running lanes than before the patch. There were no fumbles in our game.

On defense, pass rush is a lot better, I was getting pressure on him with 4 man blitz, rarely did I get pressure with 4 pre patch. Man defense has improved, but zone still seemed weak to me. Not sure if its my player zone rating or what though. Run defense was a problem for me, but it has been since DQwell Jackson got injured.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

I swear sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game than yall. Running the ball felt exactly the same as before to me lol. Oh well lol. At least its a bunch or us up here discussing shit. I still say wait a few games and see what people say after that tho.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Drew, you need to drop Amendola until the waiver period is up. If you want him that bad, put a claim in on him.

If you fail to drop him before the waiver period is up, You have to drop him and play this week without him (you can think pick him up after your game). If you play your game this week with him, without dropping him until the waiver period has passed, then you are going to have to face the first level punishment; i.e. you lose your 3rd round pick this year.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Since when has Andy Dalton been an NFL QB? Thought they had a strict no ginger policy.
    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 30 3ofggj

Guess the Colts locked up a playoff spot, Luck is ready
    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 30 Andrew-luck-2011-ncaa-football-2011-pacific12-SoKNEE
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 am

Thought I'd post this link with the fumbles per game stat for you guys:

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

Judging from this list, 3 or 4 fumbles for both teams combined in a game is not too far fetched.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 am

Only 4 teams out of 32 are averaging 2 per game....4 would be out of the norm. I could see 3 per game with one team having 2 fumbles in a game every so often, but if both teams are fumbling twice per game, that's a little much. Anyways, I don't care one way or the other. Both people have to play with the sliders, just giving my opinion.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 am

Advanced.

Scheduling deadline 1 AM ET Saturday

Advance deadline 1 AM ET Sunday
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am

jhawk886 wrote:Advanced.

Waytogo
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 am

Jhawk I salute u. Thanks for coming in and cracking the whip on the scheduling. Now we got it rolling like the old grinders. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going.
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 am

You da man Hawk even though your a GAYHAWK fan...heheheh,,,good job running the GRINDERS your doing awesome.Waytogo
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am

drew-73-stl wrote:

You da man Hawk even though your a GAYHAWK fan...heheheh,,,good job running the GRINDERS your doing awesome.Waytogo

I concur. Waytogo

Fucking Gayhawk.......
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 am

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks guys, but the advance rate is all thanks to you. Good job getting your games in quickly, let's keep it up!
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    Dolfinley wrote:

Jermaine, we don't use real names here. Rolling Eyes

Shhhh. Quiet These mfers don't need to know my real name. Lol

Mfers ya know my name lol no biggie
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Marco_SNAPS_55 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

Shhhh. Quiet These mfers don't need to know my real name. Lol

Mfers ya know my name lol no biggie

real names what u running from something or someone....hahahha i think u know my name is Drew....
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 pm

27 WEEKS????!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

That's how long Jeremy Shockey is out for. Goddam!!! I really liked him in my offense. Not just his receiving, but his blocking too. Goddam! Sob

Oh and good game earlier Marco. I can't believe Janikowski missed that fg with 39 secs left. I had the arrow centered and everything. I guess he's not clutch lol. I don't know what happened. I knew when he missed that you would win right there. Oh well, good game tho as usual. We always have good ones.......except for earlier this season lol.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Hawk, I asked this question in the chat box and we weren't sure of the rule, so I figured I'd ask here so that everyone knew for sure.

Since the trades we don't use roll over to the following season, can we use those roll-over trades during the following offseason?

My thinking is that in real life, the new league year begins in March when FA opens up.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 pm

splff3000 wrote:27 WEEKS????!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

That's how long Jeremy Shockey is out for. Goddam!!! I really liked him in my offense. Not just his receiving, but his blocking too. Goddam! Sob

Oh and good game earlier Marco. I can't believe Janikowski missed that fg with 39 secs left. I had the arrow centered and everything. I guess he's not clutch lol. I don't know what happened. I knew when he missed that you would win right there. Oh well, good game tho as usual. We always have good ones.......except for earlier this season lol.

Yea good game bro oh and your kicker missed 2 FGs lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 am

Aftershock9958 wrote:Hawk, I asked this question in the chat box and we weren't sure of the rule, so I figured I'd ask here so that everyone knew for sure.

Since the trades we don't use roll over to the following season, can we use those roll-over trades during the following offseason?

My thinking is that in real life, the new league year begins in March when FA opens up.

He asked me the question, Hawk, and I told him that I always said the new season started after the draft, but you're commish now. You can decide when the new season starts. I think the 2 logical places would either be after the draft(when I like to start the season and when the actual new season starts on the game) or in the offseason, right after the Superbowl. I said those seemed like the 2 most logical times, but it's your call bud. You can do it whenever you want, but I guess it'd be nice to know so people can develop their offseason strategies.

Also on the tryout game thing, I know the Titans owner quitting after his loss is frustrating, but honestly, I don't think leaving tryouts to just me and you would change anything. It's just the nature of the beast. Some guys are cool like some of the new guys we got this year and some are assholes like Hardee. That ain't ever gonna change. Making tryouts limited to just me and you isn't gonna do anything but slow down the process for new people to join IMO. Most of the time, you can't tell if someone is an asshole until AFTER they're in the league. I'm down tho. I'll try to knockout as many tryout games as I can lol. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about this was posted in the teams and members thread:

beauforsure wrote:sliders suck , good luck to all im out.. thanks for the invite.. delete my username please.

Hawk then responded with this:

jhawk886 wrote:Alright, from now on, nobody gets in the league without having a tryout from either myself or splff from now on. It may make us have a few more CPU games if splff or I don't have time right away to give someone a tryout but I'd rather that than have people who are going to quit after their first loss.

NOTE: I am taking the password to join the league out of the rules thread. Once someone has been approved by myself or splff, we will give it to them or I'll invite them.

Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:38 am

I can do tryouts for people too if you guys want.
    robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:42 am

splff3000 wrote:
    Aftershock9958 wrote:Hawk, I asked this question in the chat box and we weren't sure of the rule, so I figured I'd ask here so that everyone knew for sure.

He asked me the question, Hawk, and I told him that I always said the new season started after the draft, but you're commish now. You can decide when the new season starts. I think the 2 logical places would either be after the draft(when I like to start the season and when the actual new season starts on the game) or in the offseason, right after the Superbowl. I said those seemed like the 2 most logical times, but it's your call bud. You can do it whenever you want, but I guess it'd be nice to know so people can develop their offseason strategies.

Also on the tryout game thing, I know the Titans owner quitting after his loss is frustrating, but honestly, I don't think leaving tryouts to just me and you would change anything. It's just the nature of the beast. Some guys are cool like some of the new guys we got this year and some are assholes like Hardee. That ain't ever gonna change. Making tryouts limited to just me and you isn't gonna do anything but slow down the process for new people to join IMO. Most of the time, you can't tell if someone is an asshole until AFTER they're in the league. I'm down tho. I'll try to knockout as many tryout games as I can lol. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about this was posted in the teams and members thread:

beauforsure wrote:sliders suck , good luck to all im out.. thanks for the invite.. delete my username please.

Hawk then responded with this:

jhawk886 wrote:Alright, from now on, nobody gets in the league without having a tryout from either myself or splff from now on. It may make us have a few more CPU games if splff or I don't have time right away to give someone a tryout but I'd rather that than have people who are going to quit after their first loss.

NOTE: I am taking the password to join the league out of the rules thread. Once someone has been approved by myself or splff, we will give it to them or I'll invite them.
    i told you splff i gave him a try out game and he quit on me and you still gave him a chance i tried and help you out
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 am

robgman15 wrote:
    i told you splff i gave him a try out game and he quit on me and you still gave him a chance i tried and help you out

Lol, I know man, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because he said he lost his connection and because he played Joker later on and Joker said he was cool. I just assumed that it WAS his connection. Honestly, it was the first time anyone had ever done anything like that in a tryout game. I mean people had done some shady shit as far as playing, but no one had ever just quit. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Because of him tho, we will look at these things a lot more closely in tryout games.
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:14 pm

i think GRINDERS current tryout system is PERFECT(just my opinion) if the new titans guy that quit couldnt handle a tryout game then that proves the current tryout system is working, get him out of here before he comes in and screws up the titans as the old giants owner did. its better to know now that hes a bum and baby then later on down the season. Hawk you have it right in my opinion. keep up the hard work and more power to ya, and spliff your da man in my book always bro....

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3aJ6RrUrZVbwj-HIw89KE6j7hpZJlUM25HwmKT6Gi-p-QDg8SOw
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

drew-73-stl wrote:i think GRINDERS current tryout system is PERFECT(just my opinion) if the new titans guy that quit couldnt handle a tryout game then that proves the current tryout system is working, get him out of here before he comes in and screws up the titans as the old giants owner did. its better to know now that hes a bum and baby then later on down the season. Hawk you have it right in my opinion. keep up the hard work and more power to ya, and spliff your da man in my book always bro....

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3aJ6RrUrZVbwj-HIw89KE6j7hpZJlUM25HwmKT6Gi-p-QDg8SOw

It wasn't a tryout game, Drew. He was in the league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 pm