GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
erawk
Muckem
da5playmaker
Joker12
JoeyJ1203
robgman15
Aftershock9958
Brownsfan23
Marco_SNAPS_55
Sinister
TJ
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JAX_JAGUARS904
Kingofda334
splff3000
20 posters

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

I_Dapappy

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 4 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by I_Dapappy Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Urb amd ho said get on so i did, lookin to be the seahawks.

the new guy
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 4 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:10 pm

So after a full season, I've only spent my coach XP once. I didn't do any practices from that point on, and I earned 14,500. The practices are worth up to 1,000 points per week, so that is a potential 16,000 more points that I could have earned (but judging by the time it takes to make the 1,000, it's more likely that it would be closer to 8-10,000.)

The playoffs look like we'll still be able to run through them quickly, because there's no practices, signing, trading, or scouting during those weeks. I scouted during week 1 and then saved my points, and at the first available scout period during the offseason I have 18,500 scouting points to spend, and I used all of them.

The first offseason task is making FA bids. DT Henry Melton has four cpu bids already. I put in an offer to C Brad Meester. Next step is scouting and another round of FA, and I've been given 2500 more scouting points. Meester hasn't made a decision between me and three other teams, so I can withdraw, increase, or wait it out. Another scouting and FA period and 2000 more scouting points. Meester has the choices down to me and GB, and I can choose to do the same things. One cool thing is that though I can see who has offered him a contract, I can't see what they're offering. Another Scouting but this time without FA, and 2000 more points.

So far I've noticed that with each new scouting period, there seems to be several new rookies at each position. The next stage is the draft. I just checked out center J Childers on the needs screen, and the overall shown is 71 and scheme is west coast (both if you remember I said should be unknown at this point because they need to be scouted). After drafting him that is in fact correct, so there seems to be an issue there. Also for the record my draft class sucks ass.

So that's pretty much it. One of the best things to me is that I did all this with my decisions and coach traits, and that even when we get into this, everyone else's experience will be completely different from mine. I'm done for now, and I'm going to actually play a game. Smile
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 pm

you can turn off and on injuries during the season so simming pre-season games won't have injuries.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:20 pm

splff3000, Im going to have the game on Tuesday, let me know what time is best for you.
    dominoslarry
    dominoslarry

Post by dominoslarry Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Just and idea. Do all cuts down to 53 or whatever we will be using for roster max. Turn off injuries and sim preseason. The amount of xp I saw being earned is only gonna amount to a few rating points maybe a select few players may go up 1 point overall. Even if its simmed u still going to earn xp for your players and coach. And without xfn and no FA week on the console just picking up of a FA. So that's something else that's gonna have to be planned out. Aslo in madden 12 we did u can pick up any player under 70 ovr that was if FA pool for 48 hours but now in 13 every player is graded differently for each team. They is also 7-8 weeks in the offseason to do scouting. Looks likeu gain about 26k scouting points thru the whole season so the offseason could also be just simmed to the week before the draft and allow a day or to before advance to.the draft for teams to do final scouting. Just some ideas and things I have seen from the game so far

Some of.this.applied to.a post in another league I.made just copied and pasted to lazy to edit lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 am

First of all, welcome new guys. Brownsfan, that's fine man. I'll be around all day tues and weds. Thanks for all the info shock. I'm ready to get my hands on this damn game lol. Larry well discuss whether simming preseason is something we wanna do. We are not simming offseason tho. I'm getting the game at midnight tonight so ill be joining into this shit soon lol.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 am

Midnight can't come soon enough
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Don't see a lot of options for commisioner to control things through CC, especially with regards to salary cap. No way to fix any screw ups at all.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Yep, that means penalties are gonna have to be extra harsh this year lol.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 pm

urb make sure u take note from 2 posts above, splff can't bail you out.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm

At least he doesn't just drop out and leave when he gets penalized.

CCM to me now gets a Frustrated , just like the physics engine, good idea but poorly implemented. Too much stuff missing and stuff added not done well (scouting mostly).
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Scouting isn't terrible. I kinda like it tbh.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:At least he doesn't just drop out and leave when he gets penalized.

CCM to me now gets a Frustrated , just like the physics engine, good idea but poorly implemented. Too much stuff missing and stuff added not done well (scouting mostly).

First off Splff knew before the season even started it was my last year of the franchise.. Had nothing to do with me dropping players.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Is there a second off?
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't mind the scouting at all. Someone gonna get burned in the draft if they aren't on top of that shit.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm

It's the way they set up the system that I don't like. The points roll over each week, so no reason to use points up per week when you can hold on till the final scouting session before the draft and use them. Why do I dislike this? By this point you know some players to key in on or avoid from the story points, and the game also lets you see some of players overall before and system without even having to scout them, as Shock pointed out.

Also, with EA saying that every class is "unique," I'm really doubting this to be true in a sense that all players are different. The classes themselves are the same but some players bust/get hurt/stay in school, but I'd venture a guess that these are the storyline players that you hear about during the year. Wingo has some really odd lines he says during the draft and, if it's anything like Head Coach, these are guys who you should target in the draft. Before long there will be info on these players and even though a bunch of them are setup to get drafted late or not at all in the draft, guys that have 6th round grades are gonna be drafted top 10 simply because you know this is a "unique" player.

Once again, being able to save up points is a big issue. Even if these unique guys can be bust, all you'd have to do is scout a few ratings to see if they match up with the better version or the bust version. And since you don't have to spend points weekly, any guys who are injured or opt out of the draft, you don't lose any points because you've waited till the final scouting day and the draft class is set.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Yeah I see what you're saying tj.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 pm

I was wondering about this shit when I read that the points roll over. Classic EA. Great ideas, piss poor implementation. That scheme shit is just horrible.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Splff, you doing a test CC tonight? So far I know you, me, Urb, and Hawk gonna have it at midnight.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 am

Aftershock9958 wrote:Splff, you doing a test CC tonight? So far I know you, me, Urb, and Hawk gonna have it at midnight.

Prolly gonna start the test CC tonight (August 28). I wanna play the game a lil bit before I start getting all into CC lol.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:35 am

Quick update, I'm creating the test Cc Monday and starting on Tuesday night.

Also I need some ideas about shit. I know were gonna do a FA bidding period before any games get played. It's gonna have to be old school ie you gonna have to make a thread for the person you want and how much you gonna give him then other people will have to outbid you if they want him. I'm at work now but ill go into more detail about how exactly this would work later. Im trying to think of a better way to do this but I can't. I'm very open to suggestions on this particular topic or any other suggestions you got.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 am

For free agency a true cash value bidding system won't work. We will have to come up with some other way because we can't negotiate with FAs in-season, you just automatically sign them to 1-year deals for a certain, small, amount.

I proposed the following system a while ago in the chat to deal with this situation. It can be tweaked easily if needed.

Every team/user gets a specified number of "points" to bid on free agents with. Lets say every user/team gets 15 points.

Teams then decide which free agents they want to bid on and bid a certain amount of their points on those free agents; you cannot go over your max of 15. You can divy up your points between multiple free agents or spend them all on one guy if you want to make sure you get him.

We would make a FA bidding thread where everyone has to post who they are bidding on and how many of their points on each of the players. The first player to place a bid on a player gets that bid locked in, so that if another player wants to bid on them, they have to bid higher -- there can be no ties.

This means there is some strategy involved, especially for high level bids because if you are going are a guy with multiple other teams, if you decide you must have him, you may want to jump up to 15 (as long as you don't have any outstanding high bids on other free agents) so that you make sure you get him.

This system will be complicated and will take a lot of work to keep track of who bid on who first and what the current bid is for a player, but if we all take responsibility and leave it to the users to make sure they are making the proper (correct current bid amount) and legal (have enough remaining outstanding bid points available) bids, then it should be a relatively simple and straightforward process.
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:57 am

how about we play for a player or pick numbers lol
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 am

Assuming we have 70+ players on the roster, are we going to use the waiver wire each week to sign players that are cut? We could waiver wire cuts and FA this first preseason. Since waiver wire based off of the draft order (well, original draft order) for the preseason, could let each team pick a player out of FA (both current FA and recently cut players each week). So Colts get first choice, then Rams, Vikes, etc. If a team passes on a player, they could roll over and choose 2 the following week.

Since you can only sign a player to a 1 year deal this doesn't really mean a team has an unfair advantage if they get a player you wanted. Bidding for 1 year contracts seems silly and more time consuming to me.

To speed it up, you could even have guys post their top 5 FAs and they can get the player listed if no other team on the waiver has higher priority and listed the same player.

Also, ANY players signed to 1 year deals MUST be on the team till the offseason, can't go after a guy and end up cutting him later on, must commit 1 roster spot to that player. Maybe that will help limit the # of users interested in a player to only those that truly interested. Hell, you could even have the first 2 weeks of preseason be for signing STARTERS, instead of depth, then the final 2 weeks you can sign players for backup.
    robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 am

the way we did it in a deff league this year is we did it by posting and posting how many points u put on a bid of a player seem to work out very well as FA has ended... also splff when are we going to start the season up now? seems like its about to happen?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am