GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
erawk
Muckem
da5playmaker
Joker12
JoeyJ1203
robgman15
Aftershock9958
Brownsfan23
Marco_SNAPS_55
Sinister
TJ
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JAX_JAGUARS904
Kingofda334
splff3000
20 posters

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

splff3000
    splff3000

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 5 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by splff3000 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:26 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:Assuming we have 70+ players on the roster, are we going to use the waiver wire each week to sign players that are cut? We could waiver wire cuts and FA this first preseason. Since waiver wire based off of the draft order (well, original draft order) for the preseason, could let each team pick a player out of FA (both current FA and recently cut players each week). So Colts get first choice, then Rams, Vikes, etc. If a team passes on a player, they could roll over and choose 2 the following week.

Since you can only sign a player to a 1 year deal this doesn't really mean a team has an unfair advantage if they get a player you wanted. Bidding for 1 year contracts seems silly and more time consuming to me.

To speed it up, you could even have guys post their top 5 FAs and they can get the player listed if no other team on the waiver has higher priority and listed the same player.

Also, ANY players signed to 1 year deals MUST be on the team till the offseason, can't go after a guy and end up cutting him later on, must commit 1 roster spot to that player. Maybe that will help limit the # of users interested in a player to only those that truly interested. Hell, you could even have the first 2 weeks of preseason be for signing STARTERS, instead of depth, then the final 2 weeks you can sign players for backup.

TJ, I think we will use the point bidding for FA before we start the whole thing. You are right, that you have to sign the player for a year and we will make it mandatory that you have to keep him on your roster for the whole year, but you are wrong when you say there is no advantage to signing them. There is. For starters you get their services for a year, but the big advantage is that you got inside track to signing them to a long term deal as they will look to negotiate with you first. They will only hit the FA market if your talks fall through. We will use draft order to break any ties with the team with the higher pick getting the tie breaker.

After that first bidding session, we will be using the waiver wire for FA and for preseason drops. We will be doing it exactly how you said ie waiver wire each week of preseason with the waiver order set by the draft order. I'll go into more detail about that later tho.

robgman15 wrote:the way we did it in a deff league this year is we did it by posting and posting how many points u put on a bid of a player seem to work out very well as FA has ended... also splff when are we going to start the season up now? seems like its about to happen?

Rob, we are waiting on the patch to drop. It's supposed to be Sep 11 and if that's the case, we'll be starting Sep 12 or 13.
    TJ
    TJ

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 5 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by TJ Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am

Well I made an online CC before I went out of town Friday, just to see how the website works. Seems you can't get access to your depth chart on it (or at least I can't find it). Can't scout, can't do the draft, have to know who's on their last year because resigning doesn't indicate who's contract has expired. Can't negotiate either, unless you know who is because there is no information provided on guys with contracts expiring. Went from 53 players to 26 because I didn't feel like checking every person's contract (which is really slow because you have to click on their name then load up their player card 1 by 1).

Only good part is you can see player cards during FA. On the console, you can't see any player stats/ratings during FA because the only screen you can see player cards at is the roster screen and obviously FA's aren't listed there. Being able to see you current salary cap is still limited like on the console and I still don't think there's a way to see accumulated penalties and future salary cap space, so gonna be fun with someone has the year roll over and they're fucked.

The website says that it's gonna get updated down the road, but the biggest issue now is no online draft/scouting. Scouting isn't as big as a deal as the draft I guess, but kind of silly you can't do it. I'm assuming it's because there's no draft feature yet.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I am thinking of getting a practice game in tonight if anyone is around to play. I will be on here on and off today. Let me know pussies
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm

I have sent up the test CC. I think I sent most people the info on psn already. If you didn't get it, the league name is TestCC and the password is grinders. We will start tomorrow ( Tuesday) night.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Joined it. Noticed jared's on OS. What a faggot.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I joined
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:13 am

FagTrainLane on OS wrote:Splffff, your only real history with me, is your league accepted a challenge from ours, agreed to our ruleset, failed to ask for any changes to agreed upon rules even when pressed to do so, and then when our challenge team crushed yours, you cried and took your ball home. But, I'm sure we're up for a rematch in M13... If you can man up, and at least do your job and make sure your guys know exactly what they are agreeing to beforehand. No hard feelings, just wish you prepared the more.
    http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/573931-josh-looman-talks-ccm-madden-13-tonight-9pm-14.html

lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:41 am

lol TJ
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:44 am

EA has been hinting that the patch may get delayed and now this podcast with a senior developer less than a week before the scheduled patch release date and he still can't even discuss the time frame for the patch?; it's a foregone conclusion the patch is not going to come out on the 11th, it's going to be delayed, and probably substantially at that--we could be talking about another week to two weeks. In addition, we already know the focus of this first patch is going to be on bringing offline up to date with online CC and so more than likely, very little, if anything at all is addressed for online CC in this patch.

IMO, we should do the test CC, get the roster update, and then go ahead and start; no sense in waiting on a patch which we have no idea when it will finally get here and even when it does, it likely won't make any substantive changes from what we already have.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 pm

jhawk886 wrote:EA has been hinting that the patch may get delayed and now this podcast with a senior developer less than a week before the scheduled patch release date and he still can't even discuss the time frame for the patch?; it's a foregone conclusion the patch is not going to come out on the 11th, it's going to be delayed, and probably substantially at that--we could be talking about another week to two weeks. In addition, we already know the focus of this first patch is going to be on bringing offline up to date with online CC and so more than likely, very little, if anything at all is addressed for online CC in this patch.

IMO, we should do the test CC, get the roster update, and then go ahead and start; no sense in waiting on a patch which we have no idea when it will finally get here and even when it does, it likely won't make any substantive changes from what we already have.

What the hell you talking about Jhawk? There was no senior developer interview, it was Josh Looman(Is he considered a senior developer? IDK lol ). Even so, I actually listened to the interview and he didn't say he didn't know when the patch was releasing. He said he's not allowed to discuss anything about the patch including it's release date. Also, how do you know the focus of the patch is to get offline up to date with online? I know that will be part of the patch, but who said that will be the focus? The only thing they have fixed are server side issues with CC such as the player types resetting to default and things like that. They can't fix gameplay issues with that such as no accel clock and the run commit glitch. That has to be patched. If the patch does indeed get delayed we'll deal with it, but as of now, we're gonna keep going as if the patch will be released on the 11th.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:EA has been hinting that the patch may get delayed and now this podcast with a senior developer less than a week before the scheduled patch release date and he still can't even discuss the time frame for the patch?; it's a foregone conclusion the patch is not going to come out on the 11th, it's going to be delayed, and probably substantially at that--we could be talking about another week to two weeks. In addition, we already know the focus of this first patch is going to be on bringing offline up to date with online CC and so more than likely, very little, if anything at all is addressed for online CC in this patch.

What the hell you talking about Jhawk? There was no senior developer interview, it was Josh Looman(Is he considered a senior developer? IDK lol ). Even so, I actually listened to the interview and he didn't say he didn't know when the patch was releasing. He said he's not allowed to discuss anything about the patch including it's release date. Also, how do you know the focus of the patch is to get offline up to date with online? I know that will be part of the patch, but who said that will be the focus? The only thing they have fixed are server side issues with CC such as the player types resetting to default and things like that. They can't fix gameplay issues with that such as no accel clock and the run commit glitch. That has to be patched. If the patch does indeed get delayed we'll deal with it, but as of now, we're gonna keep going as if the patch will be released on the 11th.
    As far as the accel clock, who gives a shit, we should play with it off anyways. It is much harder to move the ball this year so we aren't going to see insane stats like last year. We NEED more time in the games to even have a chance at completing our goals to be able to progress our players. The average game has 125 plays in it, we're averaging half of that in the community. This is a much better game defensively and so we shouldn't shorten the games by a ton to keep scores and stats down. I think we'd be good at like 9 minutes with no accel clock. We wouldn't see 125 plays by any means but it would at least let us have a chance at our goals without boxing in our offense. For instance, I'm supposed to have at least 30 team rushing attempts per game, with the current settings, that's almost impossible, and if I do, I'm probably going to have under 5 total pass attempts; completely ridiculous.

Bottom line, we shouldn't have an accel clock, absolutely no need for it, and we should have longer quarters than we've ran with in the past.

My point is with the delay, do you really think they would be hinting at a delay and that they wouldn't have even officially confirmed the sept. 11th release date if it wasn't set? They haven't released patch notes for one of two reasons, either they are still working on shit for the patch which means a late september release at earliest, or the stuff that IS in the patch isn't going to satisfy the community's biggest gripes (i.e. run commit) and so they don't want to deal with heat for longer than they have to. Might as well let them still hope and believe the first patch is going to fix their biggest concerns right up until the end.

And as far as Looman, MY BAD, SENIOR DESIGNER not developer, sorry.

@Josh_Looman
    Madden NFL 13 Senior Designer...heading up the design effort on franchise mode...The opinions expressed by me are not shared by Electronic Arts or Tiburon.

I'm cool with waiting and seeing what Sept. 11th brings, but it's pretty much a guarantee that date isn't going to do much if anything for us.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:25 pm

We'll look into the time thing. Last year we played on 8min qtrs with 25sec runoff and that was pretty much perfect. Actually it was still a lil 2 long because we had plenty of 50 and 60 point games last year. There is definitely a need for accel clock. It simulates teams making subs. It seems to me like you want to try to get every goal for every game. That's not the point of it. If you get the goal, cool, if not that's cool too. So what if the defense plays better. The defense has goals too. I've had a few 300 yd passing games in the community games and that's on 7min qtrs. I'm sure that can happen in 8min qtrs as well. What probably won't happen is people throwing for 500 yds every game like before or people having 200+ yds rushing and 300+ yds passing in one game like what used to happen last year. I think the stats will be much more realistic this year.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah, Id rather have the accel clock kept on, so far from the games I played, scores and stats have been decent and games are not taking that much time to complete.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:34 pm

splff3000 wrote:What probably won't happen is people throwing for 500 yds every game like before or people having 200+ yds rushing and 300+ yds passing in one game like what used to happen last year. I think the stats will be much more realistic this year.

Joey will find a way to have 2 200+ yard rushers and 500+ yards passing in a game. Especially against that crap NFC lineup.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:41 pm

I kinda have to agree with jhawk so far. In my 5 plus games I have played, 5 rushing plays and 25-30 passing plays. It seems low in my opinion
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm not trying to complete all of my goals every week, that's unrealistic. But 30 rushing attempts for a running team isn't unrealistic but if we play with accel clock on and 7 or 8 minute quarters, I may get 30 attempts a couple times during the whole season. For reference, Le'Veon Bell ran the ball 44 times for Michigan State in their game last week -- the team had 49 total attempts and they still threw the ball 38 times. Now even though the college game is a little bit faster, neither MSU or their opponent Boise, runs a true hurry up so those numbers aren't unduly inflated. Last season, the Chiefs ran the ball 30.44 times per game and threw the ball 31.25 times per game. (And the Chiefs sucked ass last year so their time of possession was lower than the average.)

My problem isn't that I want to be able to complete ALL my goals, it's that I want to be able to have a decent chance complete my MAIN goal (as that is every single one of my OLinemen's goals) without becoming one-dimensional by only throwing 5 times per game.

The median for total yards in a game was right about 336 per team last season. Some teams (Saints) went up as high as 467 and some teams (Jags) as low as 259. I think we should shoot for that median on average and as of yet, I haven't played a game where it's been reached.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:18 pm

My team makes the Jags look high powered, only way I beat their average is the yardage I get is after making a pick.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 pm

I understand what you're saying Hawk and you too Clark. One thing yall have to remember is, yall have been playing Comm games set at 7min qtrs and 20sec runoff. The CC will be 8 min qtrs and 25 sec runoff. That is a significant addition. What I will do is later on this week, when we really get serious about CC, I'll adjust the comm game times to 8min with 25sec runoff and we'll go from there in seeing whether we need 8 min qtrs or 9 min qtrs. and how much runoff we need.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Why don't you start the trail CC you fool and let us see how dat dar games r played sahn. Myabe dey al ply diffrnly foolz.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I started it already. I got a thread for it and everything:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t922-test-cc-discussion

Also, according to twitter, looks like the roster update will come this weekend and the CCM roster update will be next week sometime:

Sim ‏@SimFBallCritic
    Updated Rosters for Madden 13 this weekend, updated CCM rosters should be next week. CCM roster will be 53 man roster.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Well I was in a cc with some buddies n when we played against each other the accel clock didn't work from what I saw guys is that the accel is only If u play CPU I think
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm

yeah Marco, a lot of things don't work. that's why were waiting for the patch lol.
    dominoslarry
    dominoslarry

Post by dominoslarry Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Just a heads up I came across a trade bug. Say u make a trade for a player in his contract year I have come across that the player doesn't talk to u bout a new deal and drops into FA end of season. It may be a simulation issue cuz it looks like somehow the player got put on the trade block may be why. Just something worth keeping an eye out for
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Splff let's go a practice round sometime lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Marco_SNAPS_55 wrote:Splff let's go a practice round sometime lol

Fa sure. I'll have a lot of time this weekend. I'll hit you up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am