GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
erawk
Muckem
da5playmaker
Joker12
JoeyJ1203
robgman15
Aftershock9958
Brownsfan23
Marco_SNAPS_55
Sinister
TJ
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JAX_JAGUARS904
Kingofda334
splff3000
20 posters

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

splff3000
    splff3000

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:23 am

I think being stricter on new guys making trades is something we can do for sure. Thanks for the insight shock. That's the kinda stuff I need to here. How do these rules make you feel lol? Ok so we can table the wait period thing for now, but we will definitely discuss it before we start a season.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Some things I'm thinking for Grinders 13.....

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey yung, we need to talk about a Beason trade. I really enjoyed having that mfer on my team last year.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 am

Hey guys, something else popped into my head. What do yall think about no trades during the first season? I feel like people need to play with their team before they know what they NEED. I think some people got a lil trade happy last year (TJ). I want to try and curtail that a lil this year.

Also, we still have to have FA bidding but we will have to do it here on the site instead of on XFN. I'm hoping XFN will still be running and we can do it that way, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not quite sure how we will do it, but we will have to. It's the only fair way to distribute FA's at the start of the season.

One more thing to add about trades, there will be no conditional trade shit. If you can't do the trade on the game, you can't do the trade.
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:29 am

i think its a timed event so everyone would need to be on at the same night
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:36 am

What do you mean yung? FA bidding isn't in the game anymore. They have a real FA period now in the offseason. I'm talking about we will have to have our own FA bidding period at the start of the OF for the current FA's and at the start of each season to deal with player cuts after preseason and stuff.
    robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 am

heck yes guys cant wait to start this new season up.. Go pack go
    robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:56 am

splff3000 wrote:Well It's never too early to start talking about what I'm planning for Grinders 13. I figure now is as good as ever to start discussing rules, settings, etc. I know no one knows how the game will be right now, but it doesn't hurt to start discussing things. So without further ado.......

- There will still be a trade committee - I know there was some speculation that we wouldn't have one because the OVR ratings are different depending on your scheme and stuff, but we will still have one. Because we don't know what each player's OVR is for each team, we will be much more lenient about looking at OVR's, but a committee is still needed to prevent crazy ass trades from happening ie Hawk trades his entire secondary for TJ's entire WR core and stuff like that. I'm confident most trades will be approved, but I still want the committee there for those few times when 2 people agree on a ridiculous trade.

- There will still be trade limits per season. We can negotiate on what that limit is. 3? 4? 5?

- We will still utilize the waiver wire as well. I know the waiver wire isn't in the game, but we will utilize it here on the site like we did with 12. Hopefully XFN is still running and we can still use the power rankings on there for the waiver wire order like we did with 12. It's the only fair way to handle released players.

- I'm thinking of adding a new rule that if you trade or drop someone, you can't put in a waiver wire claim for them until the end of the NEXT season. For example, someone trades Andy Dalton in week 4 of the 2012 season, but he get's dropped in week 11. That person that traded him couldn't put a claim in for him for the rest of the 2012 season and ALL of the 2013 season. He would then be able to put in a claim for him in the 2014 season. Thoughts?

- Another thing I'm thinking is a user has to be in the league for at least one full season before making any transactions with his team. The main reason for this is to prevent someone from joining, fucking up a team's roster, then quitting. Thoughts?

- We're gonna have to discuss penalties - I'm not talking about football penalties like PI, but how I can penalize people that don't follow directions. I'm fairly certain I can't impose cap penalties anymore so I was thinking of people having to bench players(suspending players for 4 games) or go on auto-pilot for user games and so forth. Any ideas for this?

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure more will come up later.

At this point no one has played the game and we really have no idea how CC will work. This is just more or less to get a discussion going just in case we need this stuff. The more we discuss now, the less we have to discuss later. That means more time to play lol. BTW, I'm looking at starting after the week 1 roster update drops so we have every teams opening day roster when we start.

P.S. I will be doing a trial CC when the game comes out.

i love it splff good to see you back in it... ready to go strong this year love the rules
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:31 pm

i personally dnt like the no trade thing....

everyone has there own thing on whats important on a team and wat isnt.... example, ima be the lions and i play 3 -4 and not 4 -3.... i have a shit load of defensive line talent and i HATE/CAN CARE LESS for the defensive line so i would be willing to trade avril, suh, fairley right away to get help where i need help imo.... d line aint shit to me and i would be pretty irritated that i cant get rid of my d line and all that $$ they eatin up...

how are we gonna build a team if we arent allowed to do nethin wit the team.... just my opinion
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm

JoeyJ1203 wrote:i personally dnt like the no trade thing....

everyone has there own thing on whats important on a team and wat isnt.... example, ima be the lions and i play 3 -4 and not 4 -3.... i have a shit load of defensive line talent and i HATE/CAN CARE LESS for the defensive line so i would be willing to trade avril, suh, fairley right away to get help where i need help imo.... d line aint shit to me and i would be pretty irritated that i cant get rid of my d line and all that $$ they eatin up...

how are we gonna build a team if we arent allowed to do nethin wit the team.... just my opinion

I feel ya man. I was just throwing it out there to see how you guys felt about it. The game ain't even out yet. What I am seriously thinking about doing is limiting trades to 2 per season, but you can carry over to the next season. You can never have more than 4 tho. I do this because trades are pretty rare for a team so I don't really wanna allow 3 and 4 trades per year because, let's be honest, no team has 3 -4 trades a year in the NFL. There are sometimes tho when teams do have a lot of trades in one season so I figured this is the best way to solve that. For the most part you will have 2 trades available, but if you're not trading that much and one year just want to go trade crazy, you can ... to an extent. I like this idea alot. There won't be a whole lot of stuff going on in the first season like I want, but you still got options. Then in season 2(if you haven't made a bunch of trades already) and thereafter, if you want to make major changes via trades, you can. There won't be big roster overhauls via trade every year.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 pm

ya i can live wit that, sounds good..... if everyone is cool wit it
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:08 pm

fine by me
    JAX_JAGUARS904
    JAX_JAGUARS904

Post by JAX_JAGUARS904 Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:21 pm

im good with that
    robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 am

im good too joey makes a good point
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Anything I don't touch on, I most likely agree with.

splff3000 wrote:- There will still be trade limits per season. We can negotiate on what that limit is. 3? 4? 5?

I disagree with this rule, but for the sake of trying to understand where you're coming from, can you explain what the reasoning is?

My thing with it is that while for the most part in real life there are a lot of teams that don't trade very often, there are however some who trade very frequently. The Eagles have made 25 trades in the past two and a half years. The Seahawks, in that same time, have made 15 player trades (that's 5 per year without counting their draft pick trades). Already this offseason a handful of teams have made four and five trades. The Pats had four during the draft alone.

If there absolutely has to be a limit, can I propose a limit of 4 trades that include at least one player, and unlimited pick swaps?

We will still utilize the waiver wire as well. I know the waiver wire isn't in the game, but we will utilize it here on the site like we did with 12. Hopefully XFN is still running and we can still use the power rankings on there for the waiver wire order like we did with 12. It's the only fair way to handle released players.

I'm 99% sure XFN won't be running in it's current form. Madden is going to have it's own site where you can access your league and (if I read right) you'll be able to access anything that you can do on the console, on that site. As far as the waiver wire, one of the things that most bugged me about it is the 24 hour wait time to drop a player. Often times in real life and in Madden, guys are being dropped not for the sake of it but because necessity is taking over at another position, and the waiver wire in it's current form gets in the way of that. If I need another CB and I have to make room somewhere, I don't always have 24 hours to wait.

My suggestion would be to run the waiver wire in much the same way, but perhaps rather than a trade forum, have a transaction forum with a stickied waiver wire post, and possibly allow the trade committee members to have mod permissions in that section so they can edit new waivers into the original post. In this format it would become each owners responsibility to quickly check that the guy they're about to sign from the FA pool isn't actually on waivers.

- I'm thinking of adding a new rule that if you trade or drop someone, you can't put in a waiver wire claim for them until the end of the NEXT season. For example, someone trades Andy Dalton in week 4 of the 2012 season, but he get's dropped in week 11. That person that traded him couldn't put a claim in for him for the rest of the 2012 season and ALL of the 2013 season. He would then be able to put in a claim for him in the 2014 season. Thoughts?

I don't like this rule. Like I said above, sometimes a guy is dropped not because you want to drop him, but because necessity at another position dictates so. In real life, often times these players are valuable to a team and when they're waived, they're done so in the hope that they'll make it through unclaimed and land on the practice squad. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I try to pick my players well, even down to the guys who should never see playing time. So if I waive a guy for any reason, and then two weeks, three weeks, six weeks down the line I have an opportunity to bring him back, I should have that option.

My suggestion on this one would be to allow the players to be picked back up at any point by the team that waived them, but to make all waiver wire acquisitions considered untradable for a period of one season, in turn stopping people from picking up guys just to be dicks and use them as trade bait.

- We're gonna have to discuss penalties - I'm not talking about football penalties like PI, but how I can penalize people that don't follow directions. I'm fairly certain I can't impose cap penalties anymore so I was thinking of people having to bench players(suspending players for 4 games) or go on auto-pilot for user games and so forth. Any ideas for this?

As has been mentioned already, injuries and fatigue could force a player onto the field even if they're buried in the depth chart. My idea would be to use some type of warning point system. Maybe make it like 5 points and you go on autopilot for a game. Issue 2 points for a minor infraction, and 3 for a major. If you go through a season with no warnings, a point drops from your total. If you've already been on autopilot and your total goes to 5 or more again, you get 2 autopilot games. And so on.

Kingofda334 wrote:I also feel like if a team is at or the past the 50 they can go for it on 4th and 1 because alot of coaches roll the dice on 4th and 1

I think this is something we should come back to right before we start. If 1 yard or less is as easy to pick up in 13 as it was in 12, I don't think we should add this rule. If the cheesy short yard plays aren't as guaranteed, I'd be down with this.

Hey guys, I was thinking of just posting everyone's number next to the member's list and getting rid of the team threads this year. What do yall think? Do we need the team threads?

I'd prefer one thread for numbers just for Grinders. It could become a pain in the ass to have to go through the memberlist everytime I need to text someone. The team threads should be optional. There was some cool stuff in a few of them, while others had the original post and nothing more.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for chiming in Shock. As random as some of this stuff may seem, there's a reason for everything I do. I'll respond to each section of your post separately:

Spoiler:

The reasoning for this rule is because it had become quite obvious to me that people didn't really care about trades and some where just making crazy trades. For instance, on several occasions when I would ask someone why are they trading so and so, they said they don't know. WTF? Then there were a few times where the user was trading a player because he didn't like him in real life. WTF? None of that has anything to do with Grinders. Mfers just knew they could trade all they want so they were. Hell, I even read in the chatbox archives a few times where a mfer was like "if you ever want to do a trade, just let me know because you're alright with me". WTF? Nothing to do with Grinders. Once I instituted the trade limit, shit like this got a whole lot better. It also cut down on the number of ridiculous trade requests as well.

As for your Philly and Seattle example, for every team you can show me like that, I can show you 2 or 3 like Green Bay that hasn't made any trades in the last 2 years. Also, most of those trades made by those teams where draft picks and back ups. We were trading starters most of the time and not just starters, but superstars. Having seen that most of the trades, in real life, were during the draft, we might can look into something separate for draft pick trades ie my 2nd and 3rd to move back into the later rounds of the fist and stuff like that. Maybe have a separate limit for draft pick trades or something like that. The one thing you have to remember tho is the users in this OF are not NFL GM's and can sometimes make some boneheaded moves that can damage the integrity of the league. The purpose of the trade limit and the trade committee is to at least slow down the amount of those bonehead moves. Yes, it's their team, but after they trade all their stars away in one season and quit, then it's the leagues problem. I know I can't stop it from happening, but hopefully, I can lower the possibility of it happening.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm with ya with the XFN thing. I would be very very surprised if it came back and even if it came back, I would be even more surprised if it's useful at all. Hence the word HOPEFULLY at the beginning of that sentence. I agree with that part of the post. I don't agree with the other part. I am 100% sure that about 85-90% of drops were not out of necessity but because someone just got tired of having a player on their team. We had the IR for players that people wanted to keep and I think it got used maybe 3 times. Having said that, I will look into finding a way for a user to drop a player while he is still on waivers. What you said makes sense, even if you used false info to prove the point lol. Smile I have to see how this whole CCM thing works first, then we can go from there. I have a feeling the success of this idea is heavily dependent on how well people can follow directions and not pick up a player that's on waivers. Judging from last year, that won't be too successful lol. I'm gonna look into it tho. Good idea. Waytogo

Spoiler:

Ok, I'm gonna be honest here, this rule should be called the Joey rule lol. I don't know if you remember, but joey traded Andy Dalton for a 2nd round pick. Dalton was later dropped and Joey claimed him off of waivers, in essence getting a free 2nd round pick. I'm not gonna lie, my whole purpose for this rule is to prevent that from happening again. This is a good example of what I mean by users are not NFL GM's and their moves damaging the integrity of the league. Actually, I should rephrase that, it's not really the user's fault because he has nothing to look at but the players ratings and if the player doesn't play up to his ratings, you don't find out until he's on your team. This is why we have rules like this to overcome the faults of this VIDEOGAME. having said all of that shit, I can amend the rule to only include trades since, you're not really getting anything if you drop someone. IMO it has to stay there for trades tho because I nearly lost it when the thing with Joey happened last year, but he within his rights to do it because there was no rule against it.

Spoiler:

Yeah, this one is totally in the air lol. I know I need some way to penalize people that break rules. I'm not too fond of your point system tho. You have some people (Clark) that will say well hell I got 4 points to spare and this game determines whether i get to the playoffs so I'm gonna go ahead and take the points penalty and do what I got to do to win the game. IMO, EVERY VIOLATION has to be penalized to prevent stuff like this from happening. If they do it in the Superbowl, they lose draft picks and stuff like that. I don't like giving warnings for stuff like this. The warning will be when you read the rules and sign in the thread. What the penalty itself is tho can definitely be discussed. I was just spit balling when I through that idea out there.

Spoiler:

The rule last year was that if you're at least at your own 40 and it's 4th and 1 or less, you could go for it anytime. This shouldn't be an issue.

Spoiler:

Actually here, I was talking about the Grinder's members list, not the site's member list. Yeah, I'm not gonna do team threads again. If someone wants to do their own team thread, that's cool, but I'm not wasting my time with it this year.

robgman15
    robgman15

Post by robgman15 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 am

hey guys.. just saying whats up? madden is about to drop and just wondering when we are going to start up the season is it right when madden comes out or are we waiting?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Splff will probably want to do some slider tweaks since I think we can actually use them in the OF this year plus we have to wait for the right rosters I think. So might be a little bit of waiting for both those things.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Joker12 wrote:Splff will probably want to do some slider tweaks since I think we can actually use them in the OF this year plus we have to wait for the right rosters I think. So might be a little bit of waiting for both those things.

Yep, all of this. We will start right after the week 1 rosters drop so we have all of the rosters are right for the start of the season. That well give us time to do tweaks and the trial CC and everything.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Custom Playbooks are NOT in Madden 13. As such, EA just released every team's playbook along with playbooks for Bill Walsh, Brian Billick, Dick Vermeil, Joe Gibbs, John Madden, Tom Flores, Tom Landry, and last but not least, Vince Lombardi. Do some research and find your preferred playbook boys!

https://apps.facebook.com/maddennflplaybooks/
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

custom playbooks are in Madden, u just can't use them in CCM which has been known for months.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 pm

da5playmaker wrote:custom playbooks are in Madden, u just can't use them in CCM which has been known for months.
    Alright, pardon my mistake. It still means we can't use them and so are forced to use the premade playbooks which have just been released and I linked to in order to try and be helpful. Is any of this, the point of my previous post, mistaken?
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Looks like Tebow gonna be running the Panthers O.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm

12 must have had a bad day at the poker table
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:25 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:Looks like Tebow gonna be running the Panthers O.

Pretty sure you can't change playbooks of the team unless you use your XP points to buy different packages for schemes.
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Dolfinley wrote:12 must have had a bad day at the poker table

nope, haven't played in 2 weeks been sick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 am