GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
dipsh
Rauloe
getonmylevelho
dclark44
stoptherun
jhawk886
pops21kid
splff3000
Jaredlib
urbanslegend05
14 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

splff3000
    splff3000

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 12 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Yeah, he had to head into work. I did as well, so we're neither one available to advance.

As far as me having problems, I haven't had any in a LONG time. There was the problem with Jhawk, but that wasn't a connection problem. That was some glitch at the coin flip screen. Ho's definitely had more problems than I have lately, and it's even when he hardwires. Most of those problems occur late at night though.

Oh, and Ho didn't pick the time for the game last night, mr. dink did.

As far as hurry up being borderline cheesy, it definitely was before this year's game. With the ability to pick a defensive play, as long as you aren't calling hurry up after incomplete passes, there's really nothing wrong with it. Many, many teams run it in real life.

Yeah, that's not a glitch. That happens when you both are not synced up at the beginning of the game, essentially you disconnected while the game was loading, but the game doesn't recognize it until the coin flip. Like I said, I was just getting some things off my chest. No need to explain. There wasn't really nothing they could do.

As for the hurry up being cheese, it's a lot better than it used to be but they still "hurry up" a lil too fast. Someone on OS timed it and found that if you have guys 20yds down the field, you can run another play in 4secs with hurry up. That's a lil unrealistic to me. Players don't move slower while hurrying up because they're tired or anything like that. I'm not saying it's cheese, I just hope EA continues working on it to make a lil more realistic for 12.

Btw, Advanced to week 2 bitches.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

After taking a quick look at Cal dink have a nice start up team if he can recruit well he will keep it thay way
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I know youre defending it because you do it when youre down but Urban, you gotta admit it is hard to stop. I didn't say it was cheeseball, I didn't call Ho a cheeser (I have openly defended Ho and have great respect for him)

But lets call a spade a spade. Things happen in this league that osmetimes raise eyebrows. Are they ever a big deal? Nope. But I am allowed to speculate one in a while.

For example.

I will 95% of the time punt when im supposed to. In my game against Spliff I punted from his 41 yard line and later in the game he went for it on 4th down from the 50. Am I upset about it? No sir, there aren't any rules against it. I am just saying, there is a reason why the hurry up is the go-to for some people when they are down, even if its the first half.

Spliff, please dont egt upset, im not calling you out AT ALL, I am just noting an instance of something that one could consider "borderline." It aint nothing man.

ANd I know the hurry up is run in real life. I watch football man, but the game does a shitty job implementing it in my opinion.

Again, this aint a big fucking deal. People who play similarly will defend their styles, I get it. Zehp and I run a lot of man from the 3-3-5, even on running downs, some could consider that borderline as well. he learned from me and I learned from someone else. Aint no big deal. I was jus tsaying, the hurry up can be very frustrating because in real life it doesnt go as insanely fast as it does in the game. Sure it goes fast, but in the game its a little extreme.

Speaking of HoDawg

Ho we might want to aim for tomorrow, i dont know your schedule but I will be at a track meet til laround midnight, then zehp has to play his game against yung. Whats it look like to you?

Yall gotta understand where im coming from. I have a very strict guideline to what I consider SIM. I dont consider user catching SIM, because it seems like more often than not you can exploit an animation or time it right to pull of insane catches. That sjust me, if I was ever the commish of a league I would have a strict set of rules regarding gameplay to make it look like what you see on Saturdays as much as possible, but tahts just me. I usually have a rule of thumb, I will play vanilla until the other guy does something out of the box and then I will return the favor. That keeps it balanced imo.

Anyway, ya'll be cool motherfuckers, just ease up on the defense mode.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:After taking a quick look at Cal dink have a nice start up team if he can recruit well he will keep it thay way

Osama recruiting decently well. However, upon further review, I think it was the CPU recruiting for him. But still, they will be OK
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm

dipsh wrote:I wasn't saying Ho was cheese at all he played great. It was just 3 plays in 30 seconds with no time outs to win. Not possible in real football. Great game though.

Nails it on the head right here.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm

For all the Cal talk, yall all can thank me for turning them mfers around. When I first went there, those mfers were C+ and 3 star. After I was there 3 years they were borderline 6* and a B+. In hindsight, I never should've left Auburn though. Like Hawk said, if I hadn't left to go to Cal and quit for about 2 or 3 seasons, I'm sure I'd be up there with all the other big dogs. I won't make that mistake for 12 though. You can bet that.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Times like this I miss Clark. I know Urbs likes to fuck with him but I think Clark, when it came to game discussions, had pretty fair insight.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 pm

You got a good point there but did you see Oregon last season that shit was insane fast they ran the no huddle but got to go back to work ttyl
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:You got a good point there but did you see Oregon last season that shit was insane fast they ran the no huddle but got to go back to work ttyl

Nobody can convince me that the way no nuddle looks in this game looks like no huddle in real life. Its close sometimes, but it aint the same.

And yeah, I think we all watched oregon last uyear
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:11 pm

splff3000 wrote:For all the Cal talk, yall all can thank me for turning them mfers around. When I first went there, those mfers were C+ and 3 star. After I was there 3 years they were borderline 6* and a B+. In hindsight, I never should've left Auburn though. Like Hawk said, if I hadn't left to go to Cal and quit for about 2 or 3 seasons, I'm sure I'd be up there with all the other big dogs. I won't make that mistake for 12 though. You can bet that.

Im with you. Zehp and I talked about it and leaving a school after a few seasons there is dumb. Leaving USC was really fucking stupid. I should have said I wanted to stay and forced Yung to take another Pac 10 school. Im still sore about how USC was taken overnight with me knowing it was gonna happen, but whatever.

Anyone hre listen to jim rome? guy is fucking hilarious
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I know youre defending it because you do it when youre down but Urban, you gotta admit it is hard to stop. I didn't say it was cheeseball, I didn't call Ho a cheeser (I have openly defended Ho and have great respect for him)

But lets call a spade a spade. Things happen in this league that osmetimes raise eyebrows. Are they ever a big deal? Nope. But I am allowed to speculate one in a while.

For example.

I will 95% of the time punt when im supposed to. In my game against Spliff I punted from his 41 yard line and later in the game he went for it on 4th down from the 50. Am I upset about it? No sir, there aren't any rules against it. I am just saying, there is a reason why the hurry up is the go-to for some people when they are down, even if its the first half.

Spliff, please dont egt upset, im not calling you out AT ALL, I am just noting an instance of something that one could consider "borderline." It aint nothing man.

ANd I know the hurry up is run in real life. I watch football man, but the game does a shitty job implementing it in my opinion.

Again, this aint a big fucking deal. People who play similarly will defend their styles, I get it. Zehp and I run a lot of man from the 3-3-5, even on running downs, some could consider that borderline as well. he learned from me and I learned from someone else. Aint no big deal. I was jus tsaying, the hurry up can be very frustrating because in real life it doesnt go as insanely fast as it does in the game. Sure it goes fast, but in the game its a little extreme.

Speaking of HoDawg

Ho we might want to aim for tomorrow, i dont know your schedule but I will be at a track meet til laround midnight, then zehp has to play his game against yung. Whats it look like to you?

Yall gotta understand where im coming from. I have a very strict guideline to what I consider SIM. I dont consider user catching SIM, because it seems like more often than not you can exploit an animation or time it right to pull of insane catches. That sjust me, if I was ever the commish of a league I would have a strict set of rules regarding gameplay to make it look like what you see on Saturdays as much as possible, but tahts just me. I usually have a rule of thumb, I will play vanilla until the other guy does something out of the box and then I will return the favor. That keeps it balanced imo.

Anyway, ya'll be cool motherfuckers, just ease up on the defense mode.

Yeah, I know what you mean by Urbs, but in his defense, he does wait at the line for a lil while as he reads the defense and stuff. His offense is nice now. That shit he was running before was easy as hell to predict. The shit now is not so easy and it isn't just because of the hurry up. I can see how someone would have a problem with it because he does run hurry up alot, and in past years I would agree with them, but not this year. Keep doing ya thang Urb. I'm gonna figure that shit out soon though lol.

Hay man, I don't take no offense to that at all. You're jsut speaking your mind and that's cool. Just so you know my "going for it on 4th" thinking doesn't kick in until I get to the 50. Unless I'm waaay down in a game, you will hardly ever see me going for it on my side of the field. I might go for it between my own 45-49 if I have a nice lead and I think I can put you away with a score on that possession or something, but the circumstances are rare for me to be doing it on my side of the 50. I kick on my opponents side of the field too. It just depends on how many yards I need for the first. I'm almost always gonna take the 4th and or less on my opponents side of the field. My thinking is always, if I can't get 1 yd, I don't deserve to win. Anyway, just hope I cleared that up for you Jared.

And WTF is defense mode? lol
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:21 pm

4th and 1 = go for me, even if I'm at my own 1 (which I realize isn't possible). Lol, it's really not that bad, but I'm willing to gamble on a yard more times than not. It's worked out both well and horribly for me many of times.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

There ya go! To each their own. Personally I disagree with that being its not realistic, but, I don't blame you. I wil lsay if I have inches to go I will always go for it. 4th1 and 1 I will usually always punt when im supposed to. everyone has their own style. with the easy of running the ball on user game setting sthough, its kinda hard to stop.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Jaredlib wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:For all the Cal talk, yall all can thank me for turning them mfers around. When I first went there, those mfers were C+ and 3 star. After I was there 3 years they were borderline 6* and a B+. In hindsight, I never should've left Auburn though. Like Hawk said, if I hadn't left to go to Cal and quit for about 2 or 3 seasons, I'm sure I'd be up there with all the other big dogs. I won't make that mistake for 12 though. You can bet that.

Im with you. Zehp and I talked about it and leaving a school after a few seasons there is dumb. Leaving USC was really fucking stupid. I should have said I wanted to stay and forced Yung to take another Pac 10 school. Im still sore about how USC was taken overnight with me knowing it was gonna happen, but whatever.

Anyone hre listen to jim rome? guy is fucking hilarious

I hate Jim Rome. Thats why Jim Everett was about to tear into his ass lol. Btw, for you young mfers, Jim Everett was a QB for the LA Rams, he was pretty decent too. Jim Rome had been calling him CHRIS Everett, a female tennis player, because he said he throws like a girl. This is what happened when Jim went on his show:

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Jaredlib wrote:There ya go! To each their own. Personally I disagree with that being its not realistic, but, I don't blame you. I wil lsay if I have inches to go I will always go for it. 4th1 and 1 I will usually always punt when im supposed to. everyone has their own style. with the easy of running the ball on user game setting sthough, its kinda hard to stop.

My previous statement wasn't meant to be taken literally.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm

And to further stir the pot....faking a punt is not 'going for it'....lol, I love when you guys get fired up.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:4th and 1 = go for me, even if I'm at my own 1 (which I realize isn't possible). Lol, it's really not that bad, but I'm willing to gamble on a yard more times than not. It's worked out both well and horribly for me many of times.

That's kinda cheesy there Urbs. I hate to say it man, but that right there sounds like cheese. IRL, Teams have 4th and 1 a lot, but you don't see teams going for it on 4th and 1 because IRL, the defense can key in on the run to stop that 4th down play. Now if you wanna allow run commit on 4th and short then let's do it, but don't outlaw run commit then say I'm gonna go for it on 4th and 1 all the time. We cool man, but that's cheese.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:35 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:And to further stir the pot....faking a punt is not 'going for it'....lol, I love when you guys get fired up.

You cant back off of this one because you've said it many times so I know that's how you feel. I just don't understand how you think it's not. If you're not giving the ball to the other team with a punt or kicking a fg, you're going for it. There are 3 options for 4th down: (1)Give ball to the other team (2)kick a fg (3) go for it. That's it man. If you ain't doing either of the other 2 you're going for it. I'm willing to bet there are 10 other guys in this OD that agree with me. Well maybe 9, Ho might try to side with his boy just for GP. lol
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:4th and 1 = go for me, even if I'm at my own 1 (which I realize isn't possible). Lol, it's really not that bad, but I'm willing to gamble on a yard more times than not. It's worked out both well and horribly for me many of times.

That's kinda cheesy there Urbs. I hate to say it man, but that right there sounds like cheese. IRL, Teams have 4th and 1 a lot, but you don't see teams going for it on 4th and 1 because IRL, the defense can key in on the run to stop that 4th down play. Now if you wanna allow run commit on 4th and short then let's do it, but don't outlaw run commit then say I'm gonna go for it on 4th and 1 all the time. We cool man, but that's cheese.

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. I was just trying to get you boys fired up. IT WORKED.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Hova, we are planning on tomorrow then right?
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah. Seems that might work best for us
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Hey guys, I'm gonna see if Rauloe can go tomorrow. My hand is sore as fuck. I can still play, but I'd rather wait until tomorrow to give it more time to heal. We'll do it today if he can't go tomorrow. I'll text him in a few and see wassup.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. I was just trying to get you boys fired up. IT WORKED.

Who is fired up?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Isn't it obvious. Lol, man I'm just bored at work without much to do.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:37 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Isn't it obvious. Lol, man I'm just bored at work without much to do.

Hey man, you never answered my question about can me and Jared get an extra home game next year since we were shorted this year. Can we get it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 pm