GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
splff3000
pops21kid
Joker12
jusblaze09
Rauloe
dclark44
stoptherun
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
13 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

splff3000
    splff3000

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 31 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Remember in the old game swhere you could choose how much to put into recruiting, training, and discipline points? I kinda liked that, like remember the old PS2 days? Guys would cheat on a test or whatever?

lol, I remember that. If a guy on your team got in trouble you could suspend him or not suspend him and risk getting penalized by the NCAA lol. Yeah that shit was tight. Depending on how you divided your points one area of your school progressed/regressed. Now that's the kind of stuff we need back in here. Yeah Urbs recruited Bolen, but he had to sit out half of the 2015 season because he cheated on a test lol. That shit would be classic lol.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I think itd be great. I used to really look into their discipline rating.

Shit, Im just bored as hell waiting for an 8 hour work day in the sun to start soon. All this rambling on here is just rambling, hope nobody takes offense.

After all, im just a low level user who has lost 3 games already, right?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Pops/Osama, we are advancing within 10 minutes or so. Again, if O-dawg cant go right now its no biggie but I might be tired as shit when I get back in around 10-11 tonight.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Stop but you have to admit it is unrealistic for big schools like Oklahoma and FSU to be dwarfed consistently. Last year Dame and Texas had more five stars combine sthan the rest of the DYNASTY combined. Is it your fault??? HELL NAH!! I would have signed every guy I could have as well. I am just saying, as a guy who has had decent years recruiting, and now a pretty damn solid year, and as a guy who has beaten great teams, lost to great teams, beaten and lost to average teams, its important to keep everything objective and be fair. You're great. You recruit insanely well every singly year, you are tough to beat because you come right at teams and smash em on the line of scrimmage. Plus, you manually play LB better than anybody except Hawk, you both are super good at manual defense. Ho has had impressive runs the last couple years though.

I know you're a very smart player man I am not trying to discredit you. I have respected you a lot sincer we first locked horns in CFF. That being said Ho doesnt start off with 12 82+ rated freshman every year like you do. And I know for a fact, because I experience it myself, not every guy will progress no matter what. Evans is a sophomore and has played every defensive snap since day one, no in season progression. I am sure Ho has guys in the same boat.

You're right about one thing, at the end of the day, no matter the reason, we have to do the best we can for our team. I failed in that regard last year, failing to sign my 16 targets. No excuse with a 6* team in Cali to be stuck with only 14 recruits, thats my bad. I am just saying, it would be nice if more teams got recognition for playing well with less talent.

And you are both right about the "wild card" factor that tehre needs to be in next years game. More 3 star guys that come in with like A+ speed but D- catching but with playing time and results could progress into 99s and stuff like that, an dalso like spfff said more 5 star guys who flame out like in real life.

Mainly i agree with you. I also agree on most points with splff. I'm more playing devils advocate here to spur a good debate.

The main point i am making, which i will not back down from, is that this many years into the dynasty you cant just look at the depth chart and make a blanket statement like the coach with the best record with the least talent is coach of the year. Sorry but winning has a lot to do with how recruiting turns out as well and just cuz u start 6* doesn't mean you will end up there.

And as far as FSU goes i don't think there's an excuse for having ZERO players over 95. That's a recruiting issue. If urbs is getting all the 5* kids then FSU should be cleaning house on the 4* and top 3* kids. There's enough to go around in that state and even some 3* kids progress into stars. Again I'm not knocking Ho he is one of my top 5 coaches and I know that he is capable of beating me with the team he has cuz he's such a good coach. He beat Urbs last year and that Gator team was incredible. I just think he coulda recruited better. We can agree to disagree on that.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:27 pm

NEWS FLASH: From the L.A. Times

After threatening to fire his offensive coordinator at the end of last season, Coach Jared shocked Trojan Nation today, just hours before the big game with Cal, by terminating the contract of his offensive coordinator, Haywood Jablowme.

Jablowme has been SC's play caller for 4 seasons, he was in charge of the offense of a team that made it to the title game mostly on the strength of their defense.

Jablowme's replacement has been named as Richard Dragon, a high school coach out in Santee, California.

When asked if he was nervous about stepping directly from high school to D1 football, Dragon simply said,

"Can't Wait!"

When asked what prompted the change, Coach Jared said, "We just don't have the speed for the multiple offense. With Junior Wilson back there the last two years we could fool guys sometimes with a threat of the QB running the ball. Wilson is quick, but not quick enough to run a option attack against the likes of College Fooballs Finest (pun). We want a more pro style approach that will best fit our players skills. We have winners on this club, I know we do, I cost us games against Texas and Dame but I promised the squad they are going to get my best from here on out."

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Yo jhawk we still good for 430ish?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:30 pm

WTF? I didn't know Florida and FSU played this week. They usually make it known on the boards that they are playing. Well there goes my coach of the year lol. Looks like Florida took care of FSU pretty easily.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:32 pm

I will be advancing soon. Blaze asked me to hold up on the advance so he can do his write up.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks spliff
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

stoptherun wrote: I just think he coulda recruited better. We can agree to disagree on that.

Fuck that!!! I'm not gonna agree to disagree!! I disagree to disagree!!! huh? You're gonna see it my way, one way or the other!!!Smile I'm not saying that he never had a player over 95. I'm saying that he doesn't have a player over 95 this year. That could be for numerous reasons, players leaving, graduating, or transferred or whatever. Anyway, the point is moot now I guess because he just lost to Urbs. You're lucky too. If he had won, there was nothing that was gonna stop me from making him coach of the year lol. Now I guess it's pretty open again. He's still up there tho.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

ha, there ya go. Obviously the winner of the Bama - Florida SEC title game will have a big say in this discussion
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Got everything I needed, set ready to advance, LEGGO!
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:44 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote: I just think he coulda recruited better. We can agree to disagree on that.

Fuck that!!! I'm not gonna agree to disagree!! I disagree to disagree!!! huh? You're gonna see it my way, one way or the other!!!Smile I'm not saying that he never had a player over 95. I'm saying that he doesn't have a player over 95 this year. That could be for numerous reasons, players leaving, graduating, or transferred or whatever. Anyway, the point is moot now I guess because he just lost to Urbs. You're lucky too. If he had won, there was nothing that was gonna stop me from making him coach of the year lol. Now I guess it's pretty open again. He's still up there tho.

lol. I knew he had lost already. He had only played Miami up until this point. I agree if he woulda finished undefeated he wins coach of the year hands down. But your coach of the year shouldn't throw 8 picks against anybody. We'll see how it all plays out. If he beats me he will prolly have my vote.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

As the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Michigan sideline was in europhia. Ryan Nelson already had a rose in his mouth. Jack Henry was hugging everyone he could find. Darnell Swan was crying on the bench from pure joy. Coach Blaze just stood there in amazement before getting the Gatorade shower. Michigan had finally got over the hump.

Michigan defeated Ohio State 42-20 to win their first Big Ten title in 14 years behind senior Darnell Swan's 192 yd performance.

The day started dark for the Wolverines. Henry threw an Interception on his first play and OSU took it back to make it 7-0. On the next drive, Michigan drove down the field but the drive stalled, and it looked like the Buckeyes had their number again.

Michigan's defense stepped up and forced a 3 & out, and on the next drive the offense got going. Henry hit Nelson in a tight window to tie the game up. On the ensuing drive, Willie Barber threw an INT to Rich Robinson and Michigan got the ball back. Swan then ran 83 yds on two plays to make it 14-7.

After another OSU 3 & out, Henry hit Nelson again, this time for 64 yds, and Michigan went up by 14. OSU drove down the field, but Barber threw another INT, this one to Blake Walker, and Michigan got the ball again. They proceeded to drive down the field and Henry hit Ryan Yates with 25 seconds left to make it 28-7, Barber threw another INT before the hald, and Michigan looked to be gone.

Coming out of halftime, OSU picked up right where they left off, as Barber threw his 4th pick of the game. Swan then ran it in from 14 yds out to make it 35-7 Wolverines. Ohio State got it together on the next drive, and Barber hit Barry Walker to make it 35-14. Michigan then had a 5 min drive that spanned into the 4th quarter, with Swan getting his 3rd TD on a 29 yd run to make it 42-14. Barber threw another pick on the next drive, his 5th, but the Buckeye defense forced a 3 & out. Barber hit Buck Jackson on the next drive for a TD, but a failed 2-pt conversion and onside kick sealed their faith to not going bowling for another year.

Coach Blaze after the game: "This game always mean a lot. To know that not only did we win the Big Ten title today, but that school down in Ohio won't go bowling for another year, and we made sure that happened, nothing beats it."

Michigan is now 8-2 with games against Miami and Notre Dame left, while Ohio State is 3-7 and the future of their program looks bleak.

Last edited by jusblaze09 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

lol. I knew he had lost already. He had only played Miami up until this point. I agree if he woulda finished undefeated he wins coach of the year hands down. But your coach of the year shouldn't throw 8 picks against anybody. We'll see how it all plays out. If he beats me he will prolly have my vote.

You better win it all. At least get to the big game. Your team is just sick, man..........just sick.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

You better win it all. At least get to the big game. Your team is just sick, man..........just sick.

Its gross
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

With our win, Michigan is now in the top 10.

Our blinkers are on to turn the corner.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Agreed, a player with Stops style and skill and a team like that to go with it is a tough hombre. I honestly am proud of how close I kept it against him.

Congrats Blaze. You earned a BCS bid bruh

I have a feeling Blaze is going to be an every year contender from this point on
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:50 pm

It was 9 picks I thought. My defense played lights out that game. Probably the best defensive performance I've ever had. I've just been patiently setting back waiting for the game everyone knows I've been waiting for. First up, Hova, which hopefully we'll be able to play late Friday night or something. Then there's this certain team that has been asking for an ass whooping. I won't name any names, but I think you gentlemen are more than intelligent enough to figure it out.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:51 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

We like how things are going down in Austin. Seems like we've got the program headed in the right direction. Hopefully this years team can get over that last hump we'll see...
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:52 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:With our win, Michigan is now in the top 10.

Our blinkers are on to turn the corner.

Congrats. I think u were already #7 in the media poll. Nice job on switching leagues and taking that shit over.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Advanced to week 13.

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 38-7 against Auburn (8-3).
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.

=============== #1 Florida Gators (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 42-21 against Florida State (9-1).
    This week, the Gators are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Carlos Jones has committed to Florida

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 42-21 against Florida (11-0).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE James Amos has committed to Fresno State
    - (***) RE Andre Clancy has committed to Clemson

=============== #13 Miami Hurricanes (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 52-27 against NC State (1-9).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #10 Michigan (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Eric Brown has committed to Miami

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (3-7) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 42-20 against Michigan (8-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #9 Florida State (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Raymond Mills has committed to Syracuse
    - (**) RT Tony Griffith has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) RG Leonard Lumpkin has committed to Ohio State

=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 31-28 against Texas Tech (5-6).
    This week, the Sooners travel to South Bend to face the #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-1).

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 42-20 against Ohio State (3-7).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Miami to face the #13 Miami Hurricanes (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Willie Beck has committed to Michigan

=============== #15 Auburn Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 38-7 against Alabama (11-0).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jonathan Sherman has committed to USF

=============== #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 31-21 against Stanford (5-5).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host #6 Oklahoma (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Robby McClelland has committed to Maryland

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (10-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (7-4).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 66-14 against Arizona State (3-6).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Los Angeles to face the #8 USC Trojans (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Albert Johnson has committed to Oregon
    - (***) LG Michael Brown has committed to Cal

=============== #8 USC Trojans (7-3) ===============
    Last week, USC won 42-26 against Oregon State (8-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host Cal (6-4).
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:It was 9 picks I thought. My defense played lights out that game. Probably the best defensive performance I've ever had. I've just been patiently setting back waiting for the game everyone knows I've been waiting for. First up, Hova, which hopefully we'll be able to play late Friday night or something. Then there's this certain team that has been asking for an ass whooping. I won't name any names, but I think you gentlemen are more than intelligent enough to figure it out.

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 31 H680
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Agreed, a player with Stops style and skill and a team like that to go with it is a tough hombre. I honestly am proud of how close I kept it against him.

Congrats Blaze. You earned a BCS bid bruh

I have a feeling Blaze is going to be an every year contender from this point on

Really an argument for why you are still a top 5 coach to me. You played awesome that game once you get some more firepower on offense look out.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:54 pm

And BTW, as far as the recruiting thing goes....I have a lot of players that are rated highly, but at least I've won 3 national titles and 4 sec championships. In real life every recruit in the nation that's worth something would want to come here. As for Alabama, who hasn't won a title, I don't know how they continue to get so many 99 players....and Texas is much of the same way having only won its first conference championship last season. In all honestly, my recruiting should be way ahead of these guys given the on the field results. And as for FSU not beating me in the state recruiting, I've won 7-of-8 games against him.....it only makes sense that I'm going to beat him out for recruits. Anyways, that's just my opinion on a little of it since my team has been thrown into the discussion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:52 am