GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
splff3000
pops21kid
Joker12
jusblaze09
Rauloe
dclark44
stoptherun
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
13 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Joker12
    Joker12

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 30 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Joker12 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Yah it's fucking stupid lol and the first two user teams I played were A+ across the board.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 pm

splff3000 wrote:Just a fun lil stat that I thought would be interesting for people to see:

Number of 95+ rated players on team:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    Texas - 18(9-99's) wtf!!!
    USC - 4(1-99)

There are 2 things that I draw from this: (1) There are waaaay too many 99 rated players and (2) there is definitely a disproportion among teams. I knew that there was a disproportion, but I didn't really think it was as great as it is. Anyway, this list is something to consider when you're thinking about coach of the year at the end of the season. Right now, based on this list, Ho has it for me hands down.

Ho for coach of the year? Really?? Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. Having 0 95+ players for a Florida school should never happen. It's one thing when u just showed up on campus and you haven't had the time to get your guys in - like auburn and Michigan. However u shouldn't be giving props to schools like FSU and Ohio St. Because the haven't recruited well. Let the debate begin...
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:26 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Just a fun lil stat that I thought would be interesting for people to see:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

There are 2 things that I draw from this: (1) There are waaaay too many 99 rated players and (2) there is definitely a disproportion among teams. I knew that there was a disproportion, but I didn't really think it was as great as it is. Anyway, this list is something to consider when you're thinking about coach of the year at the end of the season. Right now, based on this list, Ho has it for me hands down.

Ho for coach of the year? Really?? Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. Having 0 95+ players for a Florida school should never happen. It's one thing when u just showed up on campus and you haven't had the time to get your guys in - like auburn and Michigan. However u shouldn't be giving props to schools like FSU and Ohio St. Because the haven't recruited well. Let the debate begin...

Well seeing as all the other undefeated users have waaay more 95+ rated players than him, yet have the same record as him(right now) I'd say he's hands down coach of the year. Not trying to sound like Clark here, but recruiting does have a luck factor to it ie if a recruit names you first. It's not all luck, but there is some luck involved. Having said that, Texas and Florida are one of the "luckiest" teams when it comes to recruiting. Not that I'm complaining about that or nothing. Since 2009, user controlled Texas and Florida have had quite an easy time recruiting. In 2009, I remember RCdawgs getting the number one recruiting class every year with Texas and Dhova coming in right behind him with the no. 2 class with Florida almost every year in Workers. It was so ridiculous that they were accused of cheating on multiple occassions. That's part of the reason I banned those teams from users in 2010 and 2011. It's not anyone's fault. That's just the way that EA programs the game. They obviously don't know how to make recruits spread their interest around. Anyway, from what I can see, Urbs, pretty much has Florida locked down so you can't expect real great classes to come to FSU. Yeah, recruiting IS part of coachng, but it's not like we're all on the same level recruiting wise.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Honestly, I am not trying to piss anybody off but I feel the need to chime in. I understand that recruiting does require skill to a certain degree but honestly there is a large amount of luck involved. The fact that Florida State has been dominated so hard for elite recruits by Florida, and the same with Oklahoma vs Texas, its hard for me to buy into that as a testament to personal skill. In real life you don't see the kind of classes I have seen two and three seasons ago, this year it leveled out a bit. Oklahoma always gets Texas kids. Always. Obviously they both reel in their fair share in real life but the landslide difference I have witnessed seems to be more about flawed game mechanics than anything else. One of the things taht bothers me the most is I am pretty sure in real life if a Five star guy is getting targetted by a team that just signed two other five star guys at his positions, especially RB or QB, he wouldn't sign.

Don't get me wrong. We all put in a lot of work for our recruits and nobody cheats anybody out of anything, but there are only so many high levels recruits available and some years we see a top school grab 4-5 elite guys at their position, let alone so many more in that schools overall class. Getting instas isnt skill, starting off number 1 on 12 five stars list isnt skill. In real life a school like Cal would definitely nab a 5 star or 2 almost every year but I have pretty much had my way. That isn't Osamas fault, sometimes its just out your hand with recruiting.

That being said, looking at Spliffs post its impossible not to give Ho a lot of credit. I know some of us want to put recruiting and field results on same level but to me its more 80 percent results, 20 percent recruiting.

I also want to make it clear that I am not trying to take away anything from anybody who has A+ teams, you earned it fair and square, all I am saying is, as a guy who has been B+ for two seasons, there is definitely a BIG difference between the top level teams and the rest. I am not saying I am a shitty team. I have a good team. I played two teams that were clearly a level above mine and lost. I played a team (Auburn) that I had more talent than and lost that game as well, got killed actually, so I have no one to bloame by myself for being 7-3. If I didn't allow a defensive TD in my games with Texas and ND maybe I could have won, who knows, thats the breaks, but, and I am sure Spliff feels me on this, sometimes we play a team, and this was definitely me my first two years, not as much this year, that has LBs faster than our WRs or a QB faster than our corners. Its just the way it is. But Ho has done a great job on the field and so has spliff and blaze.

For me personally, the shitty thing about my 4 95+s is I am pretty sure 3 of them are o-lineman and I am getting sacked more frequently and running the ball less effectively than any season before. watts, my one 99 player, is an end who has played big in a lot of games. Gotta love a pass rusher. I know a lot of people think I am shitty now because of my season but whatever, I think I will prove it next year or the year after that I am at least a decent player. I gave Texas by far the closest game they have had yet and I was in the Dame game, to a degree, just couldn't make a big play when I needed it. Auburn beat me down and I just let that one get out of control. hell, Osama might beat me tomorrow, thats fine, but I will be back. Once I get the kind of secondary that other shave and I can do what I want on defense I feel like I can be a threat like I was 2 seasons ago.

I really hope that the big recruiting schools don't feel the need to defend themselves now, because I am not attacking anybody. Again, this is just my thought on the matter. I am having a good year recruiting, but whether or not I signed 1 five star, 6 five stars, or 20 five stars, I would be the first to admit that its more luck than anything.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

Well seeing as all the other undefeated users have waaay more 95+ rated players than him, yet have the same record as him(right now) I'd say he's hands down coach of the year. Not trying to sound like Clark here, but recruiting does have a luck factor to it ie if a recruit names you first. It's not all luck, but there is some luck involved. Having said that, Texas and Florida are one of the "luckiest" teams when it comes to recruiting. Not that I'm complaining about that or nothing. Since 2009, user controlled Texas and Florida have had quite an easy time recruiting. In 2009, I remember RCdawgs getting the number one recruiting class every year with Texas and Dhova coming in right behind him with the no. 2 class with Florida almost every year in Workers. It was so ridiculous that they were accused of cheating on multiple occassions. That's part of the reason I banned those teams from users in 2010 and 2011. It's not anyone's fault. That's just the way that EA programs the game. They obviously don't know how to make recruits spread their interest around. Anyway, from what I can see, Urbs, pretty much has Florida locked down so you can't expect real great classes to come to FSU. Yeah, recruiting IS part of coachng, but it's not like we're all on the same level recruiting wise.

On a sidenote, EA definitely needs to do something about recruits school interest next year(this year?). Some of the school interests make no sense ie proximity to home is his most important factor yet he has schools on the other side of the country on his list. Why? It makes no sense. That was just one example. I could show a bunch of examples. It wasn't always like that though. I remember in 09 I could look at the list of a recruits schools and see what pitches I need to unlock. It actually required you to think some. If I saw a whole bunch of SEC schools, I'd try conference prestige and proximity to home and stuff. If I saw a bunch of big nationally recognized schools, I'd try TV exposure, conference prestige, chamionship contender and so forth. it actually made sense. This shit this year makes no sense most of the time and sorry jhawk, but why the fuck does Notre dame have A+ conference prestige? WTF is that? That shit should be F- or something. Just one of the drawbacks of being an independent. That just popped in my head when I was typing conference prestige lol.

Anyway, I'm hoping they do something with recruiting. I'd like to see some kind of combination of the old style with the new style where you could pick the topics that you could pitch but you only could pitch for an hour just like now. I remember watching kid pitch the same A+ pitch over and over for about 3hrs to one guy on NCAA 10. He still didn't get him lol. I also would like to see the return of the sensible recruits school list. This shit now is stupid. Anyway, that's enough of my rant.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm

I am with you Spliff, recruiting needs some more rhyme and reason next year. Right now I feel like there is very little method to the madness. You see things once in a while that just doesnt make any sense.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

I still disagree. In Florida there are more than enough recruits to go around. Especially since UM wasn't user controlled until recently. It's all about picking the recruiting strategy that's right for u. Even if u bring in a guy that's 70 ovr if u redshirt him and he progresses and avg of 5 points per year that's a 90+ as a senior, not counting his on field progression. To have zero 95+ as a big time florida school can only be considered a failure IMHO. And let me be clear I'm not knocking Ho he's been in my top 5 the last couple years. There are some other squads that could be doing a better job on the recruiting trail as well.

To me a good example is cal. Even though they're stuck in Cali with one of the recruiting juggernauts in USC, they focused on different players who can still ball and have pulled in some nice classes even though they have been less heralded. In a couple years cal is gonna be beast cuz he went after the right guys.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Is someone around to advance when The Game finishes?

Should I do updates in the chatroom since a lot of you guys are on here instead of working?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Osama has done well considering hes a 4 star program and is in state with me, and on top of that the state, as fertile as it is, is a rape ground for every big school in the nation.

I do think you're being a bit harsh Stop. I feel like had you not had the great classes you have consistently had you might empathize more with Ho (again, this is not a dig at you, YOU EARNED IT, I am just sayin). Not every recruit has the same progression potential. And I am sure he has been forced to play his best freshman right away like I have, until this year.

But hey, it ain't no fuckin thang either way. I respect everybody in this OD, its a lot of fun, lets keep it rolling.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Blaze are you guys lockin horns right now?
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 pm

No
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Osama, if we can't meet up before 2:45 eastern than it prolly has to be tomorrow. Maybe late tonight but I might not be rdy
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

I still disagree. In Florida there are more than enough recruits to go around. Especially since UM wasn't user controlled until recently. It's all about picking the recruiting strategy that's right for u. Even if u bring in a guy that's 70 ovr if u redshirt him and he progresses and avg of 5 points per year that's a 90+ as a senior, not counting his on field progression. To have zero 95+ as a big time florida school can only be considered a failure IMHO. And let me be clear I'm not knocking Ho he's been in my top 5 the last couple years. There are some other squads that could be doing a better job on the recruiting trail as well.

To me a good example is cal. Even though they're stuck in Cali with one of the recruiting juggernauts in USC, they focused on different players who can still ball and have pulled in some nice classes even though they have been less heralded. In a couple years cal is gonna be beast cuz he went after the right guys.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. Every player doesn't get in-season progression. It's definitely a unique few that get it. Well, more may get it on your team because you recruits beasts lol, but on my team I can honestly say that only 2 or 3 guys get enough in season progression to go up 1-2 overall during the season. Also 5pts is a lot of progression. 6pts is like the max progression you get for a player and only one or two players get that per team. The average is around 3 or 4. You have no idea how us common teams progress lol.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Going into the chatroom now
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 pm

splff3000 wrote:

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. Every player doesn't get in-season progression. It's definitely a unique few that get it. Well, more may get it on your team because you recruits beasts lol, but on my team I can honestly say that only 2 or 3 guys get enough in season progression to go up 1-2 overall during the season. Also 5pts is a lot of progression. 6pts is like the max progression you get for a player and only one or two players get that per team. The average is around 3 or 4. You have no idea how us common teams progress lol.

Yeah, I had a freshman (the guy I talked about being a standout player after last year) Paul Evans as my number one corner last season and he hasn't progressed at all in season either of the last two seasons. I have had offensive guys progress but not defensive
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Hey urbs, jared just brought something up on the chat room, are we ever gonna do the scouting reports? i know you said you liked the idea but nothing ever came of it.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:31 pm

splff3000 wrote:Hey urbs, jared just brought something up on the chat room, are we ever gonna do the scouting reports? i know you said you liked the idea but nothing ever came of it.
    The plan is to require them for NCAA 12.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Hey urbs, jared just brought something up on the chat room, are we ever gonna do the scouting reports? i know you said you liked the idea but nothing ever came of it.
    The plan is to require them for NCAA 12.

Oh ok.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

YO Pops, is Osama around? We might be advancing pretty soon once this game finishes.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

If hes sleepin dont worr yabout it, not biggie
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:42 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

Progression is also part of running your program. Instead of trying to win the heisman and individual awards i play different guys on special teams and in different packages to get more guys on the field. Play them and they will progress. You have to pay attention to all areas of your depth chart.

That being said i do understand that Texas has an unfair advantage in the video game. They do in real life as well. There is also a TON of CPU luck involved that has nothing to do with skill. I didn't pick UT and i never would have but because Urbs forgot about me i took over after the original coach dropped out. And i will add that his first recruiting class sucked shit so there is something to having a good strategy.

One last point about multiple QBs and RBs signing in the same year. At first i agreed wit you guys that "that could never happen". But then i had a look at the top classes of the last 10 yrs on rivals our scout.com i can't remember which one- and some of the classes were even crazier than ours. USC, UF, and UT come to mind. I don't remember all the details but for some schools they had like 4-5 5* QBs on their roster with 3 signing in the same yr. I'll go back and look at it again but it's not unrealistic to sign multiple 5* players at the same posititon in the same yr.

what they really need to change is have more diamonds in the rough. great players that are a bit underrated that more schools have a shot to sign.

pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Jaredlib wrote:If hes sleepin dont worr yabout it, not biggie

i just texted him, hopefully he hit me up soon
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Alabama - 14(8-99's)
    Auburn - 2
    Cal - 2
    Florida - 15(4-99's)
    Florida St. - 0
    Miami - 7(2-99's)
    Michigan - 2(1-99)
    Notre Dame - 6(2-99's)
    Ohio St. - 2(1-99)
    Oklahoma - 5(1-99)
    USC - 4(1-99)

Progression is also part of running your program. Instead of trying to win the heisman and individual awards i play different guys on special teams and in different packages to get more guys on the field. Play them and they will progress. You have to pay attention to all areas of your depth chart.

That being said i do understand that Texas has an unfair advantage in the video game. They do in real life as well. There is also a TON of CPU luck involved that has nothing to do with skill. I didn't pick UT and i never would have but because Urbs forgot about me i took over after the original coach dropped out. And i will add that his first recruiting class sucked shit so there is something to having a good strategy.

One last point about multiple QBs and RBs signing in the same year. At first i agreed wit you guys that "that could never happen". But then i had a look at the top classes of the last 10 yrs on rivals our scout.com i can't remember which one- and some of the classes were even crazier than ours. USC, UF, and UT come to mind. I don't remember all the details but for some schools they had like 4-5 5* QBs on their roster with 3 signing in the same yr. I'll go back and look at it again but it's not unrealistic to sign multiple 5* players at the same posititon in the same yr.

what they really need to change is have more diamonds in the rough. great players that are a bit underrated that more schools have a shot to sign.

They need to have more 5* busts too.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Stop but you have to admit it is unrealistic for big schools like Oklahoma and FSU to be dwarfed consistently. Last year Dame and Texas had more five stars combine sthan the rest of the DYNASTY combined. Is it your fault??? HELL NAH!! I would have signed every guy I could have as well. I am just saying, me personally as a guy who has had decent years recruiting, and now a pretty damn solid year, and as a guy who has beaten great teams, lost to great teams, beaten and lost to average teams, I think its important to keep everything objective and be fair. I went from the top of the mountain (a title game) to the bottom ( might not even win the Pac 10) really fast I think have some perspective on it all.

You're great. You recruit insanely well every singly year, you are tough to beat because you come right at teams and smash em on the line of scrimmage. Plus, you manually play LB better than anybody except Hawk, you both are super good at manual defense. Ho has had impressive runs the last couple years though.

I know you're a very smart player man I am not trying to discredit you. I have respected you a lot sincer we first locked horns in CFF. That being said Ho doesnt start off with 12 82+ rated freshman every year like you do. And I know for a fact, because I experience it myself, not every guy will progress no matter what. Evans is a sophomore and has played every defensive snap since day one, no in season progression. I am sure Ho has guys in the same boat.

You're right about one thing, at the end of the day, no matter the reason, we have to do the best we can for our team. I failed in that regard last year, failing to sign my 16 targets. No excuse with a 6* team in Cali to be stuck with only 14 recruits, thats my bad. I am just saying, it would be nice if more teams got recognition for playing well with less talent.

And you are both right about the "wild card" factor that tehre needs to be in next years game. More 3 star guys that come in with like A+ speed but D- catching but with playing time and results could progress into 99s and stuff like that, an dalso like spfff said more 5 star guys who flame out like in real life.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Remember in the old game swhere you could choose how much to put into recruiting, training, and discipline points? I kinda liked that, like remember the old PS2 days? Guys would cheat on a test or whatever?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 am