GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Rauloe
splff3000
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
jusblaze09
9 posters

Class of 2018 Recruiting

stoptherun
    stoptherun

Class of 2018 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2018 Recruiting

Post by stoptherun Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Damn u jhawk and damn u splff. I wanted Thomas and Miller bad. I don't have any other WRs on my board shit is fucked up now.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 pm

stoptherun wrote:Damn u jhawk and damn u splff. I wanted Thomas and Miller bad. I don't have any other WRs on my board shit is fucked up now.
    You can't just waltz into Illinois and expect to steal the #1 WR away from me; shit just ain't gonna fly.

Unfortunately for me, my biggest need, HB, is in trouble. I've been slowly gaining ground on Jared for the #1 HB Brandon Johnson and after visits to both schools last week, I'm trailing by just 1 point now. Unfortunately, he has soft committed to USC and it looks as if my chances of grabbing him are very slim. If I miss out on him I just have to hope I can grab a decent back in the offseason. Although, like last year, I'll probably get screwed and no HB's will be added to the pool. Come on Johnson! You know you want to be on a winning team! Not somebody who loses to the likes of the measly Auburn Tigers. Razz Just playin Jared.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

I definitely let myself down that game in more ways than one
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm

SO Brandon Johnson, the #1 RB committed to USC over th eweekend. To be quite honest, I don't see why he is so special. He is not very explosive, but to his credit his break tackle categories are all very solid and with progression could be a big bruising tailback.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Jaredlib wrote:SO Brandon Johnson, the #1 RB committed to USC over th eweekend. To be quite honest, I don't see why he is so special. He is not very explosive, but to his credit his break tackle categories are all very solid and with progression could be a big bruising tailback.
    He's special just for the simple fact of I need a decent back. I have one good back in Brian Wood and two shitty backs behind him. I have elite players at QB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, P, and K. The only positions I'm missing are HB and FB. I really need to get them both. I'm not gonna get the HB this year obviously though and I probably won't get the FB cuz Hova is going to get him. My team is decent this year, but starting next year, I really should be stacked just about every season (As long as I can pick up both a decent HB and FB by the end of next season). And by the way, enjoy beating me out for those Cali recruits this year while you still can. I currently have three guys (all underclassmen) from Cali on my roster and that FS I signed makes 4. I'll love having Cali as a pipeline state next season.

Last edited by jhawk886 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Hawk, you might want to look deep for a FB. I know the 1* I got last year came in at a 71 so you might want to give it a try
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 pm

You could always pick on someone else. Texas and Florida have plenty of recruits too.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Don't step foot in Alabama jhawk I'm warning you
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:58 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:Hawk, you might want to look deep for a FB. I know the 1* I got last year came in at a 71 so you might want to give it a try
    Yeah I just hate using time on a shitty one star recruit lol. But that's what I'll need to do. Hell if I could get a couple decent HBs in here I wouldn't even need to worry about it because I could just have my 2nd HB play FB like everyone else does. I think it's kind of lame because the whole point of the FB is to get an extra blocker in front of the HB, but when a HB with no blocking skills to speak of can do just as good of a job, there's no reason to use a full back. Especially when you can have a guy with 95 SPD there instead and not be any worse off regardless of his actual rating for that position...
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    jusblaze09 wrote:Hawk, you might want to look deep for a FB. I know the 1* I got last year came in at a 71 so you might want to give it a try
    Yeah I just hate using time on a shitty one star recruit lol. But that's what I'll need to do. Hell if I could get a couple decent HBs in here I wouldn't even need to worry about it because I could just have my 2nd HB play FB like everyone else does. I think it's kind of lame because the whole point of the FB is to get an extra blocker in front of the HB, but when a HB with no blocking skills to speak of can do just as good of a job, there's no reason to use a full back. Especially when you can have a guy with 95 SPD there instead and not be any worse off regardless of his actual rating for that position...

A nice little jab at me. I was waiting for one. Have you seen my 51 overall FB? It was 3rd and inches and I did it once...
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

I had to position change my a freshman RB to FB last season. I had no TEs to do it with. Trust me I tried but I was raped for recruits at the end of the last two seasons and offseasons.

In fairness to me as well, I do run Wishbone an Flexbone formations so its not liek I just line up in i form and hit flat routes solely. In some formations my backs are my only receiving options.

Once I can get a TE or two and a real FB I will switch the mback because, your eright, it is kinda lame

Thats what I was tryign to say a season ago or so, or maybe I never posted it. I think maybe we need to take a look at the rulebook and instead of just leaving it up in the air an dsay "You know what sim is" lets put guidelines, until we have restrictions on certain things nobody can ever get called on it because its all within the rules. Just my two cents. And im really not eve ntalking about the FB thing this just reminded me of it all.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Jaredlib wrote:You could always pick on someone else. Texas and Florida have plenty of recruits too.
    I've been attempting to establish a foothold in Texas but it's tough with so many 6* programs already having it as a pipeline (especially with TCU now). I already have Florida as a pipeline but I don't go after many recruits from there because the quality hasn't been the greatest from Florida in recent years, and what quality there is has Florida, Miami, and Florida State all already vying for them. You're currently the easiest "Big" state to go after cuz of the lack of other elite in-state schools. Sorry man.

And Clark, don't worry buddy, I'm coming for you too. I've already got 2 Bama kids on my roster so it's only a matter of time.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Jaredlib wrote:You could always pick on someone else. Texas and Florida have plenty of recruits too.
    I've been attempting to establish a foothold in Texas but it's tough with so many 6* programs already having it as a pipeline (especially with TCU now). I already have Florida as a pipeline but I don't go after many recruits from there because the quality hasn't been the greatest from Florida in recent years, and what quality there is has Florida, Miami, and Florida State all already vying for them. You're currently the easiest "Big" state to go after cuz of the lack of other elite in-state schools. Sorry man.

And Clark, don't worry buddy, I'm coming for you too. I've already got 2 Bama kids on my roster so it's only a matter of time.

Good luck with that, don't try and get any I'm going for this year either. Wouldn't want to have to continue our season series one more year
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Cali is gonna suck to recruit in soon once I get my stars back.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:05 pm

dclark44 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:

A nice little jab at me. I was waiting for one. Have you seen my 51 overall FB? It was 3rd and inches and I did it once...
    While I did highlight that example, you are in no way the only one in here who does it. And you're right, you only did it once. Hell I think that was one of the only times the whole game you came out in a two back set. My problem isn't with you specifically, it's just that I think it's kind of an exploit to be able to do that because there is absolutely no downside to having a HB or hell a WR for that matter play fullback.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:05 pm

How do you tell what pipeline states you have?
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 pm

dclark44 wrote:How do you tell what pipeline states you have?

Go to the map in recuiting.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:07 pm

lol its fine man but the way you said "Enjoy it while it lasts" made it sound like I wa sdoing something wrong.

Even without the pipeline you have leapfroggged me for like 5 recruits that I ca remember, probably more that I cant. Remember when you had 4 five star d lineman last season and you had to ahve a fifth end for some reason, that guy you stole from me? I now have 2 returning ends total coming back next year. I just lost two of my targeted ends last week so to other schools so unless I haul in some 3*s im gonna have to switch to the 3-4 and put DTs at ends and run like a traditional 3-4 look, big run stopping d lineman and athletic backers.

Honestly, the cali recruiting wars and pac-10 scheduling crap are two reasons why I cant stop thinknig about PSU.

Last edited by Jaredlib on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:07 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:

While I did highlight that example, you are in no way the only one in here who does it. And you're right, you only did it once. Hell I think that was one of the only times the whole game you came out in a two back set. My problem isn't with you specifically, it's just that I think it's kind of an exploit to be able to do that because there is absolutely no downside to having a HB or hell a WR for that matter play fullback.

I would agree that it is exploiting the game. It is impossible to stop without run commit. I hate the i formation or anything that has two backs in the back field. So gay
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Jaredlib wrote:lol its fine man but the way you said "Enjoy it while it lasts" made it sound like I wa sdoing something wrong.

Even without the pipeline you have leapfroggged me for like 5 recruits that I ca remember, probably more that I cant

Honestly, the cali recruiting wars and pac-10 scheduling crap are two reasons why I cant stop thinknig about PSU.
    Nah, it's just my recruiting pitches are a lot better than yours currently. I keep downplaying you on a lot of things in recruiting. So when I get that pipeline bonus too, it's just going to be that much easier for me to recruit against you. It's not anything you're doing wrong, it's just the difference in pitches.

Penn State on the other hand is pissing my shit off. They been stealing recruits from me left and right the past 3 seasons. They've already stolen the #1 CB from me this year and are probably going to steal 2 or 3 more (1 they just leapfrogged me this week) this year. If you want to switch to them you'd be in a pretty good spot. They have excellent recruiting pitches. They are basically even with me in recruiting. They will probably go down to 5*s after this year, but next year they should be studly again.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:How do you tell what pipeline states you have?

Go to the map in recuiting.

And it says all the states you have a pipeline in, beaut
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Personally I feel there is a ton of shit that could be called exploiting. When a team with all 90+ cbs plays a team with all 80 wrs and only runs bump and run I think that sucks. I rarely run bump and run because I think its cheese. Win or lose I like to think I play pretty straight. I stay in the pocket and unless there is no other option I never take off. I think certain elements of the option are lame as well. Its all up for interpretation. I am sure others disagree with me. I also think the frequency of 4th down attempts are a little off the wall too. I probablyh punt way more than anyone else I have played. Just because youre on their side of the 50 doesnt make it 4 down territory. But again, its all about having fun so just do your thang.

FUck I must be bored I need to go jog or something

Also, about those pitches, is there rhyme or reason for pitch progression???? I mean I seriousloy havent gone up at all in like 2 years.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Personally I feel there is a ton of shit that could be called exploiting. When a team with all 90+ cbs plays a team with all 80 wrs and only runs bump and run I think that sucks. I rarely run bump and run because I think its cheese. Win or lose I like to think I play pretty straight. I stay in the pocket and unless there is no other option I never take off. I think certain elements of the option are lame as well. Its all up for interpretation. I am sure others disagree with me. I also think the frequency of 4th down attempts are a little off the wall too. I probablyh punt way more than anyone else I have played. Just because youre on their side of the 50 doesnt make it 4 down territory. But again, its all about having fun so just do your thang.

FUck I must be bored I need to go jog or something

Also, about those pitches, is there rhyme or reason for pitch progression???? I mean I seriousloy havent gone up at all in like 2 years.

Don't even get me started on CBs and WRs ratings. Not sure what a run bump and run is though, elaborate?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Pitches is all about winning. Win most of your games and at least a few of your pitches will generally go up. However, that isn't always the case. Like last year, I had 4 pitches that weren't A+ and yet none of those went up at all. It sucks ass when that happens.

Plus academic prestige is totally random. It has a set chance to go up or down each year. And Conference prestige and campus lifestyle are static. They will never change.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Academic Prestige depends on how many JUCOs you sign (I assume). Well, that's what it looked like in my other OD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:37 am