GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
CT21
jusblaze09
KidIcarus27
ehicks009
Joker12
jhawk886
dclark44
urbanslegend05
splff3000
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 am

He just texted back and said he's about to log on. Give him 5 minutes.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:58 am

Yep, I'm online right now.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:58 am

BTW, sorry....it's been a long night....literally just sit down.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:14 am

For now on I'm going for it on 4th down when up by 10 going into the 4th and I'm late pitching on all options since its okay
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:21 am

Really, if we can do shit like that, I'm going to a conference by myself. I ain't got time for bullshit like what just happend WHEN HE WAS UP
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 am

Lol, go get grounded and don't use a computer. It's fourth and 1 on your side of the field. I'm at the 42, and it's in between field goal and punt range. The option was one play out of the game. How many times did you run a play action play using your receiver? I think you need to focus on a little more than 2 plays buddy, because if you didn't get spotted 14 points at the beginning, this game is even uglier.....oh, or the fact that I took knees. Cry me a river. What a little bitch.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:31 am

I ran what 3 PA jet sweep, that's it. I'm sure you pitched late on more that the one I saved, but luckly for you, there was no replay avalible for them. And the 31 yard line is NOT punt range. That is a 47-48 yd kick. You can use your imagination and push the spot of the ball back 10 yards to make yourself feel better, but at the end of the day that was a scum move.

Seriously, if we can do the shit that just happened to me after the fluke poessions in the 1st half that went in my favor, then y'all just released the most unsim player ever
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:40 am

Lol, you need to go calm down son. Call your mom, your girlfriend (if you have one). Smoke a bowl...your name's blaze for God sakes. I have played almost every person in this dynasty, and many of them more than once. You just need to go sit down, breathe....hell, do a little yoga. It might be good for you. As far as complaining about me, get the fuck out of here with that petty ass bullshit. I pitched a ball with nobody around a guy. What do you want me to do? Apologize for winning? Seriously, why don't you go back, think about the game, and think about what I did to beat you. In fact, why don't you look at the replays of the touchdowns and big plays I just uploaded, and view it all again. Then, if it makes you feel better, watch your one pitch play that makes me into such a disrespectable player. Splff, can you believe this guy? Wasn't this the same guy that couldn't play bc he was on computer restriction? Maybe we should start some kind of age verification before joining next year. Seriously dude, you got better things to worry about than losing a game of ncaa. It happens to everyone. So, go get some sleep, come back tomorrow and realize how much of a tool you looked like for trying to call me out. I'll be here awaiting your humble apology.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 am

No apologies coming. Everything I said is legit. What you so-called wanna call me out on is something you brought on yourself when you decided to take your MLB and cover the HB on every option. Did I complain about handing off to the FB, no. Did I complain about any of your td passes, no. But when you start to take advantage of the program (because the game is still a computer program) by pitching late on options, and you go for it on 4th down, when you are up by ELEVEN, and on the 31 yd line, its a scum move
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:55 am

Lol, now I'm not suppose to guard your pitch man on an option? I'm done with this man. Clark, come talk smack to this guy for me. He needs someone to make him feel better.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 am

Did I say you wasn't suppose to, no. But don't call me out on my QB having 14 carries when you decided to cover the pitch man every time.

Keep on trying to make yourself feel better and make it seem like you played as clean as a brand new whistle, other than that and the weak pussy you have to go back to everytime you want some, you have nothing else going on in your life.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 am

You better watch out using words like pussy on this message board. Mommy might snoop around and put you on computer restriction. You're doing yourself no favors. Go to bed.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 am

splff3000 wrote:**In monotone voice** "Yeah!" lol relax man. It's a friday night. Some people might be out getting drunk or out getting some. Some people might be in getting drunk or in getting some lol. And some people are at work all night lol. I haven't updated the 2nd post because I'm gonna do something different with it. I hope to have it done by the time we start next season. That's when I'll really get back to doing week writeups, and stuff like that, that I was doing before. What I'm gonna do is have something similar to the 2nd post on the home page like Rivals was for a lil while. I still haven't sat down with it good yet.

Anyway, as you have found out, there are lulls here and there. That's not really a problem. The problem comes when the lull lasts for days.

For one thing , 9 times out of ten pitching late on an option results in a fumble now, so it's not really an exploit. Secondly an 11 point lead aint shit and league rules allow going on 4th in certain situations epecially on your side of the field I mean this is college even if it was the 31, a 48 yard field goal is not a gimme in the college game, hell not even in the NFL , a lot of teams would have went for it in that situation.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 am

Hmm, some serious tension from the losing squad
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:21 am

And jusblaze, this doesn't effect your ranking of being the 12th best user in this dynasty
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 am

If Im at range of a 46+ yd FG and its 4th and 1, Im gonna go for it every single time unless Im up 30. Just putting that out there. Especially if my kicker blows. Sorry thats just the way it is in RL too.

As for pitching late, never seen a complaint about late pitches on options in about 4 years of playing this hardcore online. Happens to me often, and ive never thought it worthy of complaining. I dont run options myself, but Ive seen it done plenty, and i have yet to see it banned...

Not taking up for one person over the other, I just think its some sour grapes over losing, maybe cooler heads will prevail.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

gameface1324 wrote:If Im at range of a 46+ yd FG and its 4th and 1, Im gonna go for it every single time unless Im up 30. Just putting that out there. Especially if my kicker blows. Sorry thats just the way it is in RL too.

As for pitching late, never seen a complaint about late pitches on options in about 4 years of playing this hardcore online. Happens to me often, and ive never thought it worthy of complaining. I dont run options myself, but Ive seen it done plenty, and i have yet to see it banned...

Not taking up for one person over the other, I just think its some sour grapes over losing, maybe cooler heads will prevail.

This. I haven't heard anything mentioned that sounds like cheese or unsim or whatever. C'mon blaze, you calling him out for covering the pitchman with the MLB? C'mon. Also like Kid said, if you're really late on the pitch it's gonna be a fumble now. I know. That's why I don't run the option too much lol. I have a tendency to pitch the ball when a defender gets close lol. A lot of times that results in the ball on the ground. Anyway, everything that you said he did was alright. If you want to go for it on 4th down on your opponents 30 yd line, then go for it. It's allowed in the rules. You can't impose rules on yourself then expect other people to follow those rules. The rules are in the rules thread. You might want to check'em out. I know you missed last year, but hell, "late" pitches has never been a rule in workers anyway. Hell, you could always go for it on 4th down on your opponents side of the field as well so these are nothing new.

Anyway, don't turn into a inspectah deck(from OS) on us. That guy was an asshole. There was no way to play a sim game against him. There was no way. I know one time he tried to call me out because I did 3 playactions in a qtr or some shit like that. Yeah don't turn into him lol. From what I see, you just got beat fair and square. Maybe myself and kid and gameface sharing their opinion on the matter will help you see that. I'd say just squash it. Anyway that's all.

FYI - for everyone, last time I checked Jusblaze was out of his moms house and was in school lol. So I don't think he's gonna be grounded from his PS3 again anytime soon lol.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 am

Just adding MHO.

I actually think there should be more instances where going on 4th should be accepted. Hell I've seen pro teams (esp Belichick) go for it on 4th and more than one on their own side of the field. Sometimes it's just the better percentage play. My kick game sucks and my run game ain't too shabby so if i end up 4th and short on your side of the field, don't be surprised to see my big ass tailback out there.

As for the option, to me its just part of the game. I've beat people with the option and i've been beaten by the option. I've also died by the dreaded pitch to nobody in particular that ends up resting all snug a foot from the sideline just begging for a defender to scoop it up and take it back to the house.

To me they are both high risk/reward plays. It's very frustrating when u give up a 4th down conversion, but nothing feels better than stopping one. IMO when the D is going for it on 4th that just means it's time to man up. As long as it's not ridiculous then I'm cool with it.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 am

Advanced to week 13. Next Advance: Fri Sep 10 @ 9pm (Advance for the Weekend)

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 84-17 against Mississippi State (5-6).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host LSU (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Terrance Gibson has committed to Tulsa

=============== #16 Auburn Tigers (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Andre Cabral has committed to Auburn

=============== #5 Boise State Broncos (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Boise State won 44-0 against Fresno State (8-2).
    This week, the Broncos are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Boise State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Karl Hayes has committed to Boise State
    - (***) ROLB Jonathan Anderson has committed to Penn State

=============== #18 Florida State Seminoles (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-38 against Maryland (5-6).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Mike Callahan has committed to Florida State

=============== #7 Georgia Bulldogs (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #21 Georgia Tech (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jorge Hughes has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) WR Pierre Miller has committed to Georgia

=============== #2 Kansas Jayhawks (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Kansas won 17-0 against Oklahoma State (5-6).
    This week, the Jayhawks will host Missouri (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Nick Higgins has committed to Kansas
    - (***) WR Chad Anderson has committed to Kansas

=============== #22 Miami Hurricanes (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 80-51 against Virginia Tech (7-4).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host USF (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Ryan Pope has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) SS Quincy Elliott has committed to Fresno State
    - (*) FB Ernest Cannon has committed to UCF
    - (***) WR Derrick Rouse has committed to Miami
    - (***) WR Pierre Miller has committed to Georgia
    - (***) CB Larry Morgan has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) QB Brian Pleasant has committed to Miami
    - (***) SS Thomas Fletcher has committed to Miami

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 42-30 against Texas A&M (9-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Colorado (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Daniel Hunter has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) CB Larry Morgan has committed to Nebraska

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (5-6) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 40-20 against Troy (2-8).
    This week, the Gamecocks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Matt Bowen has committed to South Carolina
    - (***) WR Derrick Rouse has committed to Miami
    - (***) WR Brian Price has committed to South Carolina
    - (***) WR Elliott Mueller has committed to South Carolina

=============== #19 Texas A&M Aggies (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 42-30 against Nebraska (10-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Austin to face the #23 Texas Longhorns (8-3).

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 80-51 against Miami (7-4).
    This week, the Hokies will host Virginia (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Jason Taylor has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) CB Tyrone Mason has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 35-3 against Michigan (5-6).
    This week, the Badgers will host Northwestern (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jorge Hughes has committed to Wisconsin
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

Well, Joker, me and Bama bout to duke it out to see who gets a shot at you in the SEC Championship game. I hope I win lol.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:32 am

Whatever, I'm just letting evevryone know now that you will never see my kicker when I'm past the 50 since its okay
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:53 am

No ones saying its always ok, but 4th and 1 or 4th and 2, totally ok

4th and 13? Not so much because then it becomes unrealistic.

That said, get this shit. In the OD I run... nabbed a 2 star Athlete last night in offseason recruiting.

Once he was on the team, he was a QB... 88 speed, 80 agi... 85 Throw Power and 80 accuracy...

Denard Robinson/Pat White 2 star clone, I love it. Redshirted him and he will be a beast. Hell he had better attributes than the 5 star QBs

All about researching the ratings Wink
    gameface1324
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am

Also, looking to be a #1 vs #4 or 5 in week 15, as #1 Wisc travels to the Blue Turf of Boise State

I need to win that game to even have a shot, but still need another domino to fall likely.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 am

gameface1324 wrote:Also, looking to be a #1 vs #4 or 5 in week 15, as #1 Wisc travels to the Blue Turf of Boise State

I need to win that game to even have a shot, but still need another domino to fall likely.

Better win it this year. This year is your best chance to win it all since Auburn had a down year lol. We will be back in the thick of things next year.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:44 am

jusblaze09 wrote:Whatever, I'm just letting evevryone know now that you will never see my kicker when I'm past the 50 since its okay

lol, Why you acting so crazy man? Well fuck it. If you play me, I want you to go for it on 4th down every time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:49 am