GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

stoptherun
    stoptherun

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by stoptherun Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:02 pm

9 plz!!!
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:25 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:FA Bidding following draft.

Would guys be up for this? I think this was somewhat talked about last year, but want to know if people would be in favor of a FA bidding (2-3 Weeks of Preseason), over the first-come first-serve FA frenzy following a draft.

Reason being, not all FA's will accept bids and there's always a few half-decent players that go undrafted that I think everyone should have a fair shot at.

If the draft goes down Sunday night, this could be fit in during the first few weeks of Preseason due to the slightly longer Preseason period (assuming 24 hour advances first week or two extended due to Christmas). Waiver wire rules would still apply for any cuts during the FA Bidding, but all remaining players in pool would be up for bidding (excluding scrubs teams may pick up to meet roster requirements week 1).

Thoughts?

Also hawk, i've said this in chat before but don't know if you saw it. Maybe making a new thread highlighting any rules changes or offseason changes may be a good idea (such as waiver wire resign change). We are closing in rapidly on the offseason and any changes you've made may have gone unknown. Biggest one would be the no resigning of guys claimed off the waiver wire, guys me not have seen the post in the discussion thread and in result may sign large contracts prior to learning about the change. Same with glitch teams and outlining the circumstances they are under.

No thoughts ... ? Angry
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm for FA bidding
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Ill finalize things later tonight. On my way to see the hobbit right now.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:

Would guys be up for this? I think this was somewhat talked about last year, but want to know if people would be in favor of a FA bidding (2-3 Weeks of Preseason), over the first-come first-serve FA frenzy following a draft.

Reason being, not all FA's will accept bids and there's always a few half-decent players that go undrafted that I think everyone should have a fair shot at.

If the draft goes down Sunday night, this could be fit in during the first few weeks of Preseason due to the slightly longer Preseason period (assuming 24 hour advances first week or two extended due to Christmas). Waiver wire rules would still apply for any cuts during the FA Bidding, but all remaining players in pool would be up for bidding (excluding scrubs teams may pick up to meet roster requirements week 1).

Thoughts?

Also hawk, i've said this in chat before but don't know if you saw it. Maybe making a new thread highlighting any rules changes or offseason changes may be a good idea (such as waiver wire resign change). We are closing in rapidly on the offseason and any changes you've made may have gone unknown. Biggest one would be the no resigning of guys claimed off the waiver wire, guys me not have seen the post in the discussion thread and in result may sign large contracts prior to learning about the change. Same with glitch teams and outlining the circumstances they are under.

No thoughts ... ? Angry

I agree 100% TJ. There were some pretty bad ass undrafted free agents. I got a few of them, but I know there were more. I definitely believe there should be FA bidding after the draft. I also agree with you TJ on the rules changes thread. It'll make it much easier to keep up with rule changes. If you don't check the discussion thread for a few days, any post about rule changes, could be missed. It also would make incidents like when hawk edited your thread on accident less likely to happen. Good points TJ. I'm surprised. Waytogo
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 pm

I can't tell if you're actually agreeing with me or you're faking. It's the internet after all.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:35 am

Currently in Resignings (Further schedule):

Friday Night 7 p.m. ET: Advance to FA round 1

Saturday Afternoon 3 p.m. ET: Advance to FA round 2

Sunday Morning 11 a.m. ET: Advance to FA round 3

Sunday Night 8 p.m. ET: End FA

Sunday Night 9 p.m. ET: Draft
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 am

Thoughts?

As I've already stated last year, I just don't see how it's feasible to do a FA bidding period during the preseason without a transaction log to keep people honest.

I'll make a thread outlining rule changes tomorrow. If I leave any out, please let me know so I can make sure it's correct.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

jhawk886 wrote:

Thoughts?

As I've already stated last year, I just don't see how it's feasible to do a FA bidding period during the preseason without a transaction log to keep people honest.

I'll make a thread outlining rule changes tomorrow. If I leave any out, please let me know so I can make sure it's correct.

Yeah hawk, I hadn't thought about the fact that there's no transaction log. Damn you ea!!!!
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 am

Do I post who I have resigned?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 am

Naw, not for this. You only post when you sign someone from the waiver wire/ free agency.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:30 am

Screw what i said earlier. I have easy solution that took me a minute to think of.

We have no log already but we make do. Any FA signs out of the pool are required to be posted. So... so.. so.

So here's what I propose to make things easy hawk. Prior to the draft I will record the contract screen for each team, sort it by years and show the 1 year players. I will do this in the time between FA ending and Draft beginning, so all players shown are already signed after the bidding. Following draft we can open up the FA bidding. Once it has begun, in the few days it is going on I will check the 1 year players. If any new guys have shown up, you have my blessing to release the wrath of the commish upon them.

That fix the "trust" issue for guys?
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Simple. Sort by Length (so 1 year deals are atop). Number of 1 year deals should reduce after resigning and FA. Record 1 year players on rosters entering draft. Recheck 1 year players near end of FA bidding to make sure of no wise guys.

Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Players that are off-limits in FA:
    HB - Maurice Jones-Drew
    DT - Geno Atkins
    LE - Carlos Dunlap
    LT - Anthony Collins
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:18 pm

how were you not able to re-sign dunlap and atkins if they were already on your team? I know about the trading for players with one year left on their deal problem, but haven't heard of players that were not traded for not showing up either.
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 pm

might be the resign glitch thing
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:38 pm

*UPDATED*

Players that are off-limits for the whole FA period:
    HB - Maurice Jones-Drew
    DT - Geno Atkins
    LE - Carlos Dunlap
    LT - Anthony Collins

Players that are off-limits until Week 3 of FA:
    CB - Nate Clements
    CB - Jason Allen

Last edited by Shooter on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Nate Clements is all mine
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Why are those players off limits for the whole FA?

And did you tag a player?
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 pm

hawk is chris houston mine since i told u i wasnt able to resign him?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Due to resolving glitch complications, these players will be off-limits during the following periods for free agency.

Players that are off-limits for the whole FA period:
    HB - Maurice Jones-Drew
    DT - Geno Atkins
    LE - Carlos Dunlap
    LT - Anthony Collins

Players that are off-limits until Week 3 of FA:
    CB - Nate Clements
    CB - Jason Allen
    CB - Chris Houston
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Why? Is it because we had to wait till week 17 for no reason?
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Hawk what's the penalty If I sign one of those guys?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

I'm wondering why shooter has players that are off limits for the entirety of the FA period. We all had the glitch, but none of us were guaranteed to get players resigned, for cheap at that. I understand making some players off limits for 1 or 2 weeks, but not for the entirety of the FA period. If other users could bid on shooters players in week 3, he would be forced to give them at least a fair offer to get those guys signed before other users starting making offers. Now tho, he can just lowball the hell out of those guys and maybe sign a few to long term low salary contracts with no consequences. He can lowball in week 1 then raise a lil higher in week 2 if they haven't signed then make a real offer in week 3 if they haven't signed. He's pretty much guaranteed to get these 4 guys back unless he's just a complete fucktard. If a player hasn't signed with him by week 3 of FA then that should be considered a rejected offer and he should be fair game for everyone. Like I said, no one else were guaranteed to be able sign their players. Taint rigGht McGee.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:11 am

it should be by week two if mfer reject him he's up for grabs he gets same treatment as in ccm . if mfer don't like your offer he don't fuck with you. it happens during the season. i get that there was a glitch and shit but under no means it should become special circumstances for entire offseason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:03 am