GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Dolfinley Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Seriously can't believe we have to wait til Thursday on one fucking game. It's the playoffs mfer. Take an hour out of your busy ass life and play. Hawk will work around you I'm sure. Why do we have to drag this playoff shit out so bad this year? Two games need to be ayed and we are in the offseason. That could easily be done in the next day or two. There's 29 users in here waiting. Spare an hour of your time, damn.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Dolfinley wrote:Seriously can't believe we have to wait til Thursday on one fucking game. It's the playoffs mfer. Take an hour out of your busy ass life and play. Hawk will work around you I'm sure. Why do we have to drag this playoff shit out so bad this year? Two games need to be ayed and we are in the offseason. That could easily be done in the next day or two. There's 29 users in here waiting. Spare an hour of your time, damn.

First of all, I don't blame him for focusing on school first. He's not the first one that has done that. It's just more visible because we are in the playoffs. Secondly why are you complaining so hard? I've seen plenty of time where we had to wait on you to advance because you were unavailable from Friday til Monday. You can't take an hour out of your day to play a game then? Finally, last season each round of the playoffs went the full 3 days to advance but you weren't so vocal. Maybe someone has sour grapes cause they didn't make it to the playoffs? lol. I know it sucks that he can't play til Thursday, but in this instance, I can understand that. I've seen plenty of times where you couldn't play because you were getting fucked up all weekend so I don't understand why you are so upset about this. Studying for finals is a helluva better excuse than, "I'm gonna get fucked up this weekend" IMO.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 pm

I'd li you to point out one instance we've waited on me. Just one. If not quit making everything into urb this or that and more the issue at hand. Anyways, I know you're only making the post to disagree with me so whatever. I know there's plenty of us that agree with me on this. But yeah, find one instance where we waited on me and I'll completely recant my statement, but I know for a fact I haven't been the last game once on madden 13, so I'll keep on saying, take one hour out of your 48 hours of straight studies.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 pm

BTW I want to let everyone know that Hawk told shooter that it was up to me as to whether he can participate in the draft or not. I have made a decision to allow shooter to pick his first pick(whichever round that is) and/or any pick in or after the 5th round. So shooter will be joining us for the draft ....at some point lol.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Dolfinley wrote:I'd li you to point out one instance we've waited on me. Just one. If not quit making everything into urb this or that and more the issue at hand. Anyways, I know you're only making the post to disagree with me so whatever. I know there's plenty of us that agree with me on this. But yeah, find one instance where we waited on me and I'll completely recant my statement, but I know for a fact I haven't been the last game once on madden 13, so I'll keep on saying, take one hour out of your 48 hours of straight studies.

lol I really did just post that to contradict you but everything I said is true lol. I like this phrase: "but I know for a fact I haven't been the last game once on madden 13". I especially like how you threw that Madden 13 in there. I never said anything about Madden 13. So it's ok for you to do the same thing in Madden 12 (with a shittier excuse I must add) and complain about it happening in Madden 13 because you haven't done it in 13 ..... YET? Lol, I'm just fucking with you urb. I fully understand where you coming from. I just find it funny coming from you seeing that you have done the same thing.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm

I feel u urb but work and school is greater than madden. Im not worried bout that fa tho is some bs we don't need full four days. He earned the right to play when he can plus he set up a day better than not saying anything leaving us to wait
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Give the man his time bro.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm

It may suck bullfrog dong, but it is what it is. Just look at it like anything else you do on a regular basis. Waiting an extra few days to start again may suck, but 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month from now, won't be a big deal at all.

Plus, even if he could play now, we still need to schedule the draft. For all we know we'd still have to wait till after the 25th to draft in case the majority couldn't make it before. At least now we know it'll be after the 25th, and we can find the date that fits everyone the best ( and they can know relatively in advance ).

PS. love how Urb says to "not take this shit too seriously" on certain aspects, but flips shit when he loses and with the current postseason schedule Very Happy
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Blame it on yourself Urb...play better
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Muckem wrote:Blame it on yourself Urb...play better

Best post yet, lol. Muck always has the best one liners.

Anyways, I'm not fully distraught about it

BUT

I do think in the curren situation he should find some time to play sooner.

With that said...

If the super bowl does take place on Thursday we could still draft Sunday. This would allow thur-sun at whatever time we draft for free agency. I'm of the belief we don't need a full 24 hours for each of those periods. Just throwing that out there or else we are looking at Dec. 26 at least.

OPINIONS?
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 pm

I don't like it cause Sunday isn't good for me lol... unless it's late in the day Waytogo

Thing is urb you can't bid in FA online, so you need access to a console. Then again, what if we had a FA night like draft so it was zip zap and done. But probably not, so it would take a few days.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am

Urb, FA is not 24 hours it's 18hrs each week. Given the different time zones and schedules and shit, I think 18hrs is prolly the minimum you can do and be fair to everyone. I'm pretty sure if they don't play til Thursday the draft would have to be after Xmas. Shit it would have been hard to get it in before xmas even if they played today. As we saw in the poll the last time we drafted, Sunday is not a good day for a lot of people to do the draft. I think that would be even more prevalent with holidays rolling around. Just be patient man. Just think about it. After Xmas there aren't any more major holidays or events (such as finals or whatever) for awhile. Next offseason should go off without a hitch because of this. Noticed I said SHOULD lol.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 pm

TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 am

DAMN NATURE YOU SCARY

AND OG

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

TJ, my man, you should know you can't believe everything you read or SEE on the internet.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/198830/viral-video-of-baby-snatching-eagle-declared-a-fake/

Sorry to bust your bubble man. That shit does look amazing tho. Hey at least dogs driving ain't fake.

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:41 am

I separated this post from last because I want this to be taken very seriously. I thought about it and wasn't gonna say anything at first, but I can't just sit back watch this go on. Some of you guys are out of line, really out of line, with this AOK thing. I'm not the commish, but I am a member of this CC and I'm speaking up on the shit. You mfers that keep texting AOK asking him to play are fucked up. Really fucked up. I was gonna PM hawk about it, but I don't know what Hawk's stance is on this shit. I'd rather bring it up myself. I think it's really fucked up what yall are doing. I know some of yall think he isn't actually studying, but what if he is? What if he just really want's to focus over the next few days and doesn't want to play? I've been like that myself and that was in high school lol so I know it could be like that in college. You guys are distracting him and potentially ruining his life all over a fucking game. I suggest some of you get a life.

If you're not Muck or Hawk, you have no business whatsoever texting him. The game has already been scheduled so there's nothing else to talk about. What if he has limited texts?(and being a college student that's not totally impossible) Then you guys wonder why people don't wanna list their numbers. They don't wanna list their numbers cause of assholes like you guys that take playing a game waaaay too seriously. You are doing nothing but thinking about yourselves. I know you say you're thinking about the group, but the group doesn't share your opinion on the matter. Yeah, I'm sure most people would like the game to be played asap, but it's not ruining their lives if it doesn't. You guys are acting as if it's ruining YOUR lives tho.

We lost 2 people last year for this very same type of shit. Mfers felt too pressured to play so they quit. Both of them were good members too, one of them being a very good member actually. Both of them PM'd me and said they feel they are slowing the group down. The funny thing is, they weren't. Neither of them had been last nor did we have to sim their game because they didn't get it in before the deadline. Neither of them was actually slowing down the OF. They just felt that way because of the way you mfers were acting if they haven't played their game after 36 hours. Both times, they mentioned one users name as the main guy pressuring them. Looks like the same guy has recruited a few friends and they're back to their old tricks.

I am very ashamed to be associated with this in anyway. You mfers need to realize that real life will always have priority over Madden. It's just a fucking game. Yesterday when Urb proposed his schedule, I was livid and said I would be quitting if we went to that schedule because I would miss most of the offseason. Urb couldn't believe that I would quit over something like that, but it's rather easy. This is a game!! I play for fun!!! If I ain't having fun or if I'm frustrated, I don't play anymore lol. It's that simple. This is a game!!! You guys need to remember that. Leave AOK be. The GAME will get played Waytogo

NOTE: I have worked out a way to do urb's schedule if we do it, so I won't be quitting if we go to it like I said in my post. That was before I figured out a way to do it.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Reminder we need EVERYONE to vote ASAP for grinders offseason and draft. Follow the link provided:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t1087-offseason-draft
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

splff3000 wrote:TJ, my man, you should know you can't believe everything you read or SEE on the internet.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/198830/viral-video-of-baby-snatching-eagle-declared-a-fake/

Sorry to bust your bubble man. That shit does look amazing tho. Hey at least dogs driving ain't fake.

You tell me this, then ask me to believe an internet link that proclaims another item on the internet is fake? Using slow motion as proof as well, I thought slow motion proved that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, but where did that get everyone?
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 pm

FA Bidding following draft.

Would guys be up for this? I think this was somewhat talked about last year, but want to know if people would be in favor of a FA bidding (2-3 Weeks of Preseason), over the first-come first-serve FA frenzy following a draft.

Reason being, not all FA's will accept bids and there's always a few half-decent players that go undrafted that I think everyone should have a fair shot at.

If the draft goes down Sunday night, this could be fit in during the first few weeks of Preseason due to the slightly longer Preseason period (assuming 24 hour advances first week or two extended due to Christmas). Waiver wire rules would still apply for any cuts during the FA Bidding, but all remaining players in pool would be up for bidding (excluding scrubs teams may pick up to meet roster requirements week 1).

Thoughts?

Also hawk, i've said this in chat before but don't know if you saw it. Maybe making a new thread highlighting any rules changes or offseason changes may be a good idea (such as waiver wire resign change). We are closing in rapidly on the offseason and any changes you've made may have gone unknown. Biggest one would be the no resigning of guys claimed off the waiver wire, guys me not have seen the post in the discussion thread and in result may sign large contracts prior to learning about the change. Same with glitch teams and outlining the circumstances they are under.

Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Waiver wire for rookies should be different cause they disapear after preseason over
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:53 pm

I think it's also other players as well, since FA pool is expanded with draft it has to delete guys going into season.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 pm

We have 19 yes votes. All that's left now is for hawk to set the draft time at 8 or 9. I'm fine with either.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Dolfinley wrote:We have 19 yes votes. All that's left now is for hawk to set the draft time at 8 or 9. I'm fine with either.
    9 Winner
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

9 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:48 pm