GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
TJ
Dolfinley
Sinister
drew-73-stl
stoptherun
splff3000
JoeyJ1203
Marco_SNAPS_55
jhawk886
13 posters

Joey and Stat Padding

Poll

Do you consider joey's game to have been stat padding in the first half? (This question could also be read as do you believe it is possible to stat pad in the first half)

[ 10 ]
    Joey and Stat Padding Bar_left63%Joey and Stat Padding Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Joey and Stat Padding Bar_left37%Joey and Stat Padding Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Joey and Stat Padding Empty Joey and Stat Padding

Post by jhawk886 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 am

Obviously, after urb's pasting of the convo in the discussion thread you know what is going on. Give me your opinion on whether you feel joey padded his stats in the first half of his CPU game against the Giants. He has admitted to scoring as much as possible in the first half and then took his foot off the gas in the second half, is this acceptable? This will set a league-wide precedent about what is and is not stat padding.

He had 8 passing TDs with Stafford and 4 TD catches with Calvin. Score was 56-7 at the halftime. Please vote as this is a very important issue.

Thank you.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Joey and Stat Padding Empty Re: Joey and Stat Padding

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 am

Ok I believe it was stat padding tbh but shit happens n they got a slap on the wrist. I believe he gets one slap just like everyone. If it happens again then I understand a punishment is needed. I'm not taking sides or nothing but it's just my opinion
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 am

8 tds

7 in the 1st half

3 ints, 1 ff in the 1st half

4 dif wrs had tds

i had a pic 6

IVE ALWAYS DONE THIS, i stopped scoring in the 2nd half.... so ya
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 am

For the record, just so everyone knows, the final score was 70-7. How did that happen you ask? Well he broke a tackle after running a curl route in the 2nd half. Wait a minute, he was up 56-7 at the half. Why in the fuck does he need to throw the ball at all. A better question is why are Stafford and CJ in the game at all? It's obvious that the cpu was no challenge for him. I'm pretty sure he padded his stats as much as possible in the first half then ran most of the 2nd half. You don't get 533 yds passing by getting interceptions on the 20yd line lol. Anyway, hawk made a specific rule about this after last season. The rule didn't specify the stat padding had to be at the end of games. It just said stat padding would not be allowed. If he wasn't stat padding then I don't know what is and we should do away with the rule altogether and just let mfers do whatever they wanna do to the cpu. You wanna score 100pts on the cpu? Well long as you do it in the first half you're ok. LMAO.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 am

funnt how this mfer is talking now, u must have been the worst commish ever , ive been playin the same way since day 1 mfer, so fuck u
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 am

Y'all need to unbunch y'all's panties.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

JoeyJ1203 wrote:funnt how this mfer is talking now, u must have been the worst commish ever , ive been playin the same way since day 1 mfer, so fuck u

If you spent half of the time that you use to act like a immature brat, paying attention to whats going on you'd know that there was a new focus on stat padding this year because of the new progression system that relies strictly on meeting goals. I said plenty of times last year that I didn't care what you did against the cpu because it didn't matter. It was the cpu. That's why you saw all those crazy scores in cpu games. This year tho, I said I'm cracking down on stat padding. I said that multiple times. All this is moot anyway tho because Hawk took over commissioner and he does things his way. I SAID it wasn't gonna be allowed, but Hawk made a rule about it making it even more legit. Joey what you gonna do if the league votes that it's stat padding? You still gonna pout and quit cause you don't get your way? You know my 3 yr old son does the same thing. Just saying.
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 pm

ok i am amazed that we are even talking about this...i thought we discussed this after last season and have a rule regarding stat padding. oh well, if you feel this isnt stat padding then you are truly confused..oh wait how is this SIM...no one is talking about SIM...please JOEY explain how a NFL team would have Stafford, CJ or any top starter still in the 2nd half with a halftime score like that. So if its not considered Stat Padding then it definitely has to be nonSIM. well Joey i am not sure how you even have an argument.

Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

While i get that it was all done mostly in first ..the points put up in that first half is the issue for me. while that being said you should have an opportunity to get the xp points needed for certain players within reason. My issue with games like this is what if he stopped in first half like he did but his rbs still had over 150 rushing and tds thats not stat padding if he trying to get thru game. the other part to this is that he did sim thru d to avoid more pic six chances. While joey my dog if hawk thinks he broke a rule then he must face the the consequences. If this was a newbie he would have to accept his punishment with no vote
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Here's my thing. He had one touchdown pass in the second half and most of his first half points were based off defensive turnovers. If he's punished for scoring all these points in the first half, I can't wait, because I'm going to be watching that shit like a Jhawk waiting for someone else to screw up where we can bench two of their starters. I know there's plenty of people that have had their scores not quite as close as Joey's that have scored 14 or 21 in the fourth quarter which is more of what I'm worried about than someone who can put up 50 in the first half. I can promise you the other day I was up 44-7 on Browns and if I could have scored more in the first half I would have, because crazy shit happens in madden. I was up 31-7 the other day in another league and I started simming the second half. Before long it was 34-31 with them in the lead and I had to battle to win the game. My point is Joey got a lead as big as he could in the first half and then took his foot off the gas in the second half. IF you guys want to punish him at all, it shouldn't be losing his starters in a user game. IF anything, he should have to sit them in his next cpu game. Just my two cents.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

I voted yes, here's my thinking on it...

I've played joey and he is about as good as it comes on Offense. The best thing you can do against him is slow down his drives and pray he makes a mistake. When I look at the stat line from his game it looks to me like he was stat padding a little bit. Nothing as downright obvious as what Stop did (which I still believe he should be held accountable for, among other things), but to me it still feels like he was forcing it to certain players in an unnecessary way.

What irks me about his stat line is Staffords passing. He threw for something like 18-34, barely over 50%, along with his team only score 1/10 TDs inside the redzone. His top 3 receivers had an unusually high % TD catch compared to their total catches. Mega 50% (4/8), Percy 50% (2/4), and Blackmon 75% (3/4), if i remember correctly. Add on top of that the surge of scoring in the 2nd qtr to me it looks like it went from simply playing his way and went into get as much out of my passing game before the half, and that's where I feel it starts to become more about getting those plays in than simply beating up on a poor cpu.

That's why I voted yes, I feel like he pushed the issue too far in the 1st half to get what he could out of it. Regardless of whether it's 4 qtrs or not, to me it looks as if he was forcing it trying to get his WR big production in the 1st half and that to me that is a form of stat padding, not a very egregious one, but still a form of it brought on by EAs stupid weekly XP shit (which I don't like cause I suck on O too much to get em).

But, to add, I feel like this is a very touchy issue to deal with unless it is undoubtedly blatant (Stop's game). There is a simple drive summary provided, but without it explaining the length and time between TDs it's hard to tell what really went on other than from what the player says (if it's CPU only). Even though he had only 1 Redzone TD, it's hard to tell if every passing TD was 60 yards or simply 21. Along with that, I remember a game last Madden between two shitheads that ran up the score in their games to get crazy stats, but luckily last year you could see that detailed summary and you could tell it was BS due to scoring plays for 1 team happening seconds between each other.

Oh and URB, taking your "foot of the gas" deals with running up the score. Usually guys do it at some point in time (though there are plenty of jackwagons out there that don't), and yes I know from personal experience Joey usually doesn't let up till later in the game lol.

Last edited by tmjohns18 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Agree with Urb
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Dolfinley wrote:Here's my thing. He had one touchdown pass in the second half and most of his first half points were based off defensive turnovers. If he's punished for scoring all these points in the first half, I can't wait, because I'm going to be watching that shit like a Jhawk waiting for someone else to screw up where we can bench two of their starters. I know there's plenty of people that have had their scores not quite as close as Joey's that have scored 14 or 21 in the fourth quarter which is more of what I'm worried about than someone who can put up 50 in the first half. I can promise you the other day I was up 44-7 on Browns and if I could have scored more in the first half I would have, because crazy shit happens in madden. I was up 31-7 the other day in another league and I started simming the second half. Before long it was 34-31 with them in the lead and I had to battle to win the game. My point is Joey got a lead as big as he could in the first half and then took his foot off the gas in the second half. IF you guys want to punish him at all, it shouldn't be losing his starters in a user game. IF anything, he should have to sit them in his next cpu game. Just my two cents.

Urb man, I kinda understand where you're coming from and I'm almost 95% sure you wouldn't be taking up this cause if Joey wasn't talking about quitting if he has to sit his starters. Here's what you and Marco are missing. Yes the same type of shit happened during the first season with other people, but Hawk Made a post and added a rule saying it would not be allowed anymore. Everything that happened before that is moot. There was no written rule for it so there was nothing that could be done in Hawk's eyes. Now there IS a written rule. You need to be looking at things as before the implementation of the rule and after implementation of the rule. If yo usaw someone doing worse than what Joey did after the implementation of the rule, you need to bring it to someone's attention. Everything that happened before that is moot tho.

Also, you keep comparing apples and oranges. You keep talking about your game with Browns, but Browns is not the cpu. A user won't come out in engage 8 on 3rd and 25. A user will counter a player that's calling 4 Verts all game. The CPU will not. This is mostly about taking advantage of the fact that you're playing the cpu. And don't give me that "you gotta score as many points as you can in the first half against the cpu" junk. There are a whole bunch of us in here that could score close to 100pts against the cpu easily and Joey is one of them. Hawk is trying to set a precedent here. Do you think it's ok for a person to come out and score 100pts on the cpu as long as it's the first half? You're talking as if the cpu is some kinda challenge or something and we all know it's not.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 pm

No, I'm this vocal because the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 pm

I agree with Urb.

Joey played his game in the first half, and stepped off the gas in the 2nd to follow the rules of the lge.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Muckem wrote:I agree with Urb.

Joey played his game in the first half, and stepped off the gas in the 2nd to follow the rules of the lge.

Oh so you're in the it's ok to score 100pts against the cpu as long as it's in the first half camp too? LMAO
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Splff is the most argumentative I'm going to exaggerate my point if yours doesn't agree with mine one-sided asshole in a league. If it wasn't official before, it's official now. 50 isn't 100. Look at the league scoring averages. They're upwards of 40 anyways.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:03 pm

See urb, the thing is yall mfers are confusing stat padding with running up the score. Taking your foot off the gas refers to running up the score, not stat padding. After Stafford threw is 5th or 6th TD, why keep throwing? He took his foot off the gas the WHOLE 2nd half but only have 26 rushes in the game? He pretty much racked up as many pass yards as he could in the first half then ran most of the 2nd half. That my friend is the definition of stat padding. Taking your foot off the gas has nothing to do with it.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 pm

10 teams average 38 or more points and 3 teams 51 or more to further my point.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Furthermore, it's a CPU violation, suspend them against the CPU rams in two weeks and not against Jhawk or Splff. CPU violation should involve CPU punishment on the first offense of anything.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Let me ask yall this question, Ya'll keep bringing up Stop stat padding last season, but how do yall know he didn't do all that in the first half and tak his foot off the gas in the 2nd? You mfers were all up in arms over it, but how do you know he didn't do the same thing? Hell he was trying to lose the game so it's even more likely that he just played a great first half, then took the foot off in the 2nd half.

Or look at this, his game was close. He never had a 56-7 lead. Why is his stat padding and Joey's not? Cause one receiver caught most of the balls? Well, hell Joey threw more TD's and for more yards than Stop and his game was a blowout. How is that not stat padding? You mfers blow my mind sometimes, you really do.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Y yall still arguin? Splff made his decision urb, hes the asshole that wanted me to bench 2 players so stop wasting ur time. I was stad padding cause i did the same thing ive done for a yr and a half. It is there decision to come at me about this game. Its all good. Urb stop arguin
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm

JoeyJ1203 wrote:Y yall still arguin? Splff made his decision urb, hes the asshole that wanted me to bench 2 players so stop wasting ur time. I was stad padding cause i did the same thing ive done for a yr and a half. It is there decision to come at me about this game. Its all good. Urb stop arguin

Actually I was just following the penalties according to the rules.

Penalties

There are 2 types of infractions: On field and Off field.

The on field infractions are any rules violations that take place DURING a game and the off field infractions are any rules violations that take place OUTSIDE of a game.

On field infraction Example: Going for it on 4th down in your own territory.

Off field infraction Example: Signing a recently dropped player without going through the waiver wire.

On field Infraction penalties:

1st infraction - Sit 2 highest rated skilled players (QB, WR, RB, CB, LB, S) for your next user game.

2nd infraction - Auto-pilot your next user game

3rd infraction - Removed from the league

Off field Infraction

1st infraction - Lose 3rd round pick

2nd infraction - Lose 2nd round pick

3rd infraction - Lose 1st round pick

- If the specified draft pick isn't available, the next highest pick will be used.

This isn't something I arbitrarily made up. It's been in the rules the whole time.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

splff3000 wrote:Let me ask yall this question, Ya'll keep bringing up Stop stat padding last season, but how do yall know he didn't do all that in the first half and tak his foot off the gas in the 2nd?

For one, it was near 20 some odd targets, it was against the CPU, he openly stated he was throwing the Julio to break the WR single game record, and even though Julio had some 350+ yards he I think it was one of the later CPU games he somehow "lost" to a Pro level'd CPU team. Stop's game was pure BS in comparison to Joey's game.
    Jalen_d

Post by Jalen_d Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 pm

I've played Joey in another league and he plays an aggressive style of offense. If he put in his backups and still had the same result, would we still call it stat padding?

I recently played the Giants (cpu) and that team is horrible - honestly, I could have put up those kind of numbers without a pic 6.. The score at half was 35-0 (I think) ended 45-7..

It ended that way because I pulled my starting HB, Main Wr's, QB and TE (Jimmy Graham). I pulled them because if they got injured I'd be pissed!! I still threw a couple passes with my backup but played a bit aggressive (toned down a bit) and tried to eat clock.

Not everyone will agree to doing that - cause everyone is different however that Giants team is really really shit!!! I think the quality of opposition should be looked at a bit here also - that team is really really shit lol

I see both sides.. however I chose to tailor my play so there wouldn't be any backlash - I'm a newer guy.. don't want the heat and it does kinda negatively impact the league stats.. (although I play to win and not see my name in glitter and gold)

Just my two cents.. that Giants team sucks... damn.. I'd seriously consider switching if u guys wanted me too, just to try to better that team..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am