GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
chugg18
dipsh
xksong
Jaredlib
PalmettoTiger
9 posters

Heisman Difficulty

dipsh
    dipsh

Heisman Difficulty - Page 2 Empty Re: Heisman Difficulty

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:33 pm

chugg18 wrote:If aa with sliders is what we decide as a league then IMO we gotta have more user games. I think the reasoning for this is clear. If u can't figure it out. Ur a dumbass

Lol. We won't go AA unless 12 users vote that way. Vanderbilt could beat USF. We are not 5 star teams. We should not be going undefeated anyway.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:08 pm

I strongly agree with what chugg just said, if we move to AA guys are gonna be putting up insane numbers, which is cool if it keeps guys interested for sure, but just saying.

Also strongly agree with Dips, part of me wanted to suggest voting on if we should allow us to be better teams since we were rolling with heisman because I saw this happening year one. But yeah, we gotta remember the talent on our rosters is lacking. I didnt feel cheated when CSU was scoring on me, I just felt I had shitty corners lol

Dips, the first thing I need to know before weighing in is, are you willing to change the speed threshold.

If you are, OS has a lot of slider sets worth checking out, if not (and I dont blame you, I kinda like it at 50 too because I hate speed being the only rating that matters) than we need to start discussing our own tweaks, whether its AA or heisman no slider set out there doesnt put the speed threshold down to 15 or 0

Assuming we can just tweak the base heisman sliders, here is what I have gathered so far from yall.

Seems like CPU QBA has been a little top notch. The CSU QB was pretty strong against me. My secondary does suck tho, but whatever. As far as CPU breaking tackles, I would like to avoid lowering RB Ability, I would rather raise USER tackling so CPU still makes cuts and runs hard. Having trouble running under center seems like a simple run block tweak, so that's

-5 to CPU QBA
    +5 to USER Tackling
    +5 to USER Run Block

What else should we look at?

Listen man, I just want everyone to be happy. Happy users become long term users and long term users make long term dynasties. Rivals has ran year around on this site for years, so that's what I care about most. We are never gonna get a setting that all 12 of us think is best so lets just start knocking it out one thing at a time.

So what do we wanna do?

A.) Leave it be
    B.) Tweak it as we go
    C.) Switch to a AA slider set
    D.) Swich to a Heisman slider set

The sooner we figure this out, the better IMO
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 pm

I am starting to agree with skillz now. Im playing Iowa state this week and so far they are playing lights out and it's not because of me. I'm down 24-7 and I can't get any pressure on the qb and he's finding every open person. We'll see how the rest of the game goes
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:12 pm

I realize that we all wanna win. Dip and Chugg both know that losing isn't my favorite thing to do. That being said I like playing with the chance to lose. No offense to anyone on here but I haven't encountered anything too unrealistic so far. Colorados QB tore me up which was a little frustrating however that happens in real life football sometimes. He's a young QB but he's an accurate QB playin at home against a less then stellar defense. Ya I was fuckin pissed when they came from behind and he was playin like Peyton Manning but he was playin inspired ball at home.

The reason we went 3 star teams is so we could all have challenging seasons. It would be much easier to beat Colorado with LSU but their DBs are a hair better than Texas Techs.

I think Vandy vs USF would be a good game as well as Texas Tech at Colorado therefore the scores endin up close sound about right to me. I just ended up on the winning end and unfortunately for Skillz he didn't.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Another option we could consider could be a All-In-One-Fix. Moving the game speed to Slow. It makes the game easier IMO, gives you more time to react, for blocks to set up, the CPU LBs react less torpedoish when I tested it offline.

I like normal, but again, this might make the heisman challange more reasonable
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Do any of u take advantage of the offensive and defensive adjustments already built into the game? U can tell ur players to focus on tackling if u didn't know that already. U can also have ur wr's focus on the catch and rb's to hold on to the fuckin football and some other really awesome stuff.

As for Jared's proposed question. I vote 'b' although I don't agree with two of his proposed adjustments lol. I don't mind the CPU accuracy goin down but the two user adjustment I feel, at this point, aren't necessary.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:36 pm

If we add 5 to human run block I rush for even more. I had one load option pitch that they called a pass vs Idaho or I woulda had 200 rushing vs them. I'm not positive but I think I rushed for over 250 vs Miami. My pass rush is totally fine. I've thrown zero picks and 4 TD's in two games. I will guess I'm leading the league in punts and fgs too. I don't wanna change settings for some guys stats when mine are fine.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

chugg18 wrote:Do any of u take advantage of the offensive and defensive adjustments already built into the game? U can tell ur players to focus on tackling if u didn't know that already. U can also have ur wr's focus on the catch and rb's to hold on to the fuckin football and some other really awesome stuff.

As for Jared's proposed question. I vote 'b' although I don't agree with two of his proposed adjustments lol. I don't mind the CPU accuracy goin down but the two user adjustment I feel, at this point, aren't necessary.

I use them all game every game. I tweak them for all different situations.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 pm

At this point I'm good with just leaving on default Heisman. I've started to play around with a lot of pre-snap defensive assignments which help. It really has me thinking more strategically.

While I don't feel like it is sim, it is certainly a challenge. My team isn't that good and I'm going to lose games. I remember playing on AA offline last year, and it took one year for me to turn that team into a national champion. I can already tell this is going to be way different, and that keeps me interested.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:47 pm

ended up losing 51-27 to Iowa state. Simmed the last few minutes just out of frustration. I know Iowa state is better than Indiana but come on. Their qb was in robo cop mode the whole game and it seemed like all their players were all rubber because I couldn't tackle a thing. A corner shouldn't be trucking 2 lineman after he picks off a pass. I threw 5 picks and all of them was because their defense getting a speed boost. The CPU reaction is off the charts in this game. I tried to run because I had a feeling I could but there was no room to run. And half of the time I was getting hit sticked by a corner when my RB is 222 lbs. there shouldn't be Ray Lewis players all over the field that will knock you out with a shoulder check. Iowa state's qb threw for 428 yards with ease. Their running back ran for 150. This game is definitely hard, but that's what it's all about. I never want to play an easy game. Of course I wasn't expecting to go undefeated. Maybe the speed threshold might work all around, I don't know.

Meanwhile I'm having a blast recruiting. I love the scouting and finding gems and straight up busts.
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Cookie I'm lookin at ur stats man. Sacked 7 times for negative 86 yards(thats what, over 12 yards per sack) and throw 5 picks. What do u think that does for momentum? Ur rb was averaging 3.5 per, not great, but better than ur qb. Lol and their qb threw 56 percent completions. Not hardly robo cop.

I'm really not tryin to be dick, but if that were my game wouldn't of expected to win.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:05 pm

I am a big fan of the adjustments you can make. I use the ones for catching, fumbling, and tackling every game.

I also leave in a RB or even both RB and FB to block if I sense a blitz coming, the blitz pick up seems quite good this year and they get after the blitzing LB really aggressively.

For the record Chugg. I am just trying to keep the peace. I don't want any of those tweaks.

Again, I want to make that clear, I vote for default heisman currently. Those tweaks were ones I just gathered from the posts of other people thus far as far as what they haven't enjoyed about heisman difficulty. I am not trying to change anything myself, just listing what has been brought up.

I just don't want guys to quit. If someone isn't having fun they are gonna quit. So what's it gonna take for everyone to have fun? That's all I am trying to figure out

I'm really just doing my best to appeal to both sides, but I am not gonna worry about it if it's gonna lead to trash talking.

Do what you guys wanna do
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 pm

I feel ya Jared. I want guys to have fun as well. As we ve said before its just too damn hard to please everyone.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:13 pm

I know what you're saying but on this game the CPU defense is on you like glue and even if you have a receiver beating the db on a slant and you throw a perfect ball, they will still reach out a pick it off even though it seems out of reach. I know it's just a loss and I know I'll have plenty more coming but Iowa state was seriously playing like an nfl team I know for a fact it wasn't me. And in those sacks I was just trying to make a play with my mid 80 speed'acceleration qb but the d lineman are just as fast for some reason, that's all.

Yes on the qb completion percentage but what about his yards per completion? Plus he's a 77 OVR qb which isn't great.

I just think the speed threshold will take care of a lot issues we might be having, but that's just me. I know I'm just one member of this dynasty but it still seems like the players are gliding across the fielding and not actually running and reacting, and I'm mainly talking about CPU here
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:20 pm

I know it seems like I am ranting and I probably am, but I'm not going to quit because of losing. Im here for the experience and to see how many seasons we can get through. That's all really. And I know what you guys mean, it's hard to please everyone without them quitting, trust me I know. With that said I can't stand losing, and even though it's just a game I'll be frustrated but that's just part of it. I'm sure we all get frustrated when we lose, it's just part of being human. I can lose the rest of my games but I'm still not going to quit.

With that said, I am done ranting about nothing hahaha
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Guess I'll see how my offline dyn game goes. Utah at Utah state!
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Yo Dips we just need to vote on shit or you need to make the call for everyone, clearly something needs to be decided. If we vote, count me out, only look for 11 votes, I don't want to get involved anymore because it's impossible to find "The Perfect Solution," my main and only goal is for the OD to be as healthy as possible so whatever that option is, let's do it.

Cookie, you aren't ranting, you are doing fine. If you want to see rants you should see some of the shit in the Archives on this site from Rivals 11 and 12, there was some epic shit there.

I don't disagree with anything you just said. Right now it does seem like the CPU on defense especially is gliding into place insanely fast.

Anyway, I'm out. Whatever gets figured out I am cool with, whether it is sliders, game difficulty, game speed, or speed threshold, do yo thang.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:13 pm

eh, I take back everything I said. I just got fucked in the ass by Houston without Case Keenum by a score of 48-31. They torched my secondary no matter what adjustments I made. Even getting beat deep on Cover 4. They threw 5 picks and I threw 7! I had 10 total turnovers due to 3 fumbles as well. Now, I know I'm not that good, but neither is fucking Houston.

-Rant over

I could really smack my wife right now. My face is on fire. In other news, it doesn't matter what we do. I'm having fun - just in a pissed off way. Smile
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:19 pm

shit Palmetto I gotta play Houston next. From what you're saying I'm about to get fucked in the ass!
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm

LOL at Palmetto's post

dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Jared - I don't think we are at decision making time yet. And if we are default heisman it is.

Everyone else - slow down. Good lord. 7 ints? I have thrown 0 in two games. I haven't thrown 7 total in every game I've played so far. Should I have to change the settings to be better for one or two guys when they're working great for me?

I had wr's wide open vs Miami and they are chuck full of athletes. I broke tackles. I had a few sacks. They turned it over. My blocking was fine. I got sacked twice and zero times vs Idaho.

I will admit I have played those games where I am in a hurry or on the phone or my kids are driving me fuckin crazy and played too fast and made mistakes and I know once u give the CPU the momentum on heisman they can seem to cheat but after I throw my fit and settle down I always think man I did some dumb shit in that game it's no wonder I got killed. Maybe we need a 24 hour no posting rule after a loss??
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:41 pm

lol maybe so. just for shits though I played Houston again as UCLA on AA 5 min quarters. I'm up 21-6 at half and I haven't thrown any picks. So, I'm not sure that's right either. Oh well, I officially withdraw from posting on this thread anymore.

By the way, if someone wants to play a nonranked online game to teach me how to play, this grasshopper is ready to learn. Teach me sensei.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm

dipsh I know I overreacted badly and I see what you are saying. I wouldn't want to change anything for one or two people either because it just wouldn't be fair. The only thing I'm gonna say is that you have Kansas State, which is a lot better than our teams. so I can see why you haven't had any issues. I know you played vs Miami, but if you don't know what I'm talking about use Indiana vs Iowa state or a matchup like that and maybe you'll see what I was talking about.

I'm really not trying to be a sore loser or anything or start shit I'm just saying what I've been seeing
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

PalmettoTiger wrote:lol maybe so. just for shits though I played Houston again as UCLA on AA 5 min quarters. I'm up 21-6 at half and I haven't thrown any picks. So, I'm not sure that's right either. Oh well, I officially withdraw from posting on this thread anymore.

By the way, if someone wants to play a nonranked online game to teach me how to play, this grasshopper is ready to learn. Teach me sensei.

Dude this topic can destroy an OD quicker than anything. It really is better to just roll with it and try to make it work. There is no possible way we will ever all agree on exactly where to put it. The hardest thing to find is a good group of guys who play their shit and communicate and I think we've got a solid group here. Smile
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 pm

IUcookie wrote:dipsh I know I overreacted badly and I see what you are saying. I wouldn't want to change anything for one or two people either because it just wouldn't be fair. The only thing I'm gonna say is that you have Kansas State, which is a lot better than our teams. so I can see why you haven't had any issues. I know you played vs Miami, but if you don't know what I'm talking about use Indiana vs Iowa state or a matchup like that and maybe you'll see what I was talking about.

I'm really not trying to be a sore loser or anything or start shit I'm just saying what I've been seeing

I agree with this. Chugg is Baylor though and he loves the settings too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content