GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Jaredlib (Northwestern)

dipsh
    dipsh

Jaredlib (Northwestern) Empty Jaredlib (Northwestern)

Post by dipsh Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Post scouting reports on this player in this thread. No trash talk. No responses. Just scouting reports. Any non scouting posts will be deleted.
    xksong
    xksong

Jaredlib (Northwestern) Empty Re: Jaredlib (Northwestern)

Post by xksong Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:06 am

What a beast. This dude can really run the heck out of the ball, I don't know if I've ever been torched on the ground like I was in this game by a user.

He uses all sorts of running plays, draws, streches, speed option, read option.

Don't fall for his 3+ WR sets, he will run out 3, 4, and even 5 WRs to get you into a dime package and run the ball.

His passing game is a pure classic pro style offense. He uses short, medium passes to move the chain and rely on his running attack. He didn't attempt 1, not 1 deep ball against my secondary. Comeback routes, screens, slants, and curls. No streaks, posts, etc.

My advice is not to run man coverage against him too much, those short routes won't work. Use zone defenses, as that's the only success I had against his passes.

Defensively, it's no shocker that running against him is nearly impossible, or at least it was for me. He uses his base 4-3 defense a ton, even when I bring out 3+ WRs and once he starts to get beat a little bit he will switch to a nickel/dime but he does seem to favor his base 4-3 defense.

He seems to adjust fairly well. He left my star WR for 1-on-1 coverage in the 1st and got burned deep for 6. Never again did I ever see my star WR single covered. My star did have some success on deep balls but that's due to his ability and some luck as all the deep balls against Jared were in TIGHT windows.

Very accurate kicker/punter.

Overall, seems like a very old school pro style type of player. Keep in mind this is the first report on him, so I may be wrong on certain things and he may have just played that way against me.

Good luck!
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm

xksong is right for the most part. He is definitely a run first player. If you can't stop his run, you will probably not win. He runs from every type of formation. He runs a pro style offense. I can't think of a time where he DIDNT run on first down. If you can hold him on the run on 1st down then you will be ok. He throws different routes like slants and stuff like that. He didn't throw a deep ball at all. If you can get pressure then that will bother him a little bit but you have to watch out for his QB because he can run too.

On defense he is very good at stopping the run. It seemed like he knew everything that I was going to do. From what I saw it looked like he ran a 4-3 base defense. He would vary his blitzes and his coverages

You have to vary your play call a lot vs Jared because he makes great adjustments. And you can't make any mistakes like throwing a pick six like I did on a drag route. Winning the field position battle is very key when facing Jared.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:30 pm