GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
da5playmaker
NY_Eer
Joker12
Scrapps
jhawk886
KidIcarus27
splff3000
dclark44
ehicks009
urbanslegend05
14 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 39 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 am

Apparently recruits don't like commiting in the second week of the season.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 am

One of the craziest games I've ever been a part of.

Florida 56, Penn State 53
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 am

Soooooooo, that was the absolute...hands down...craziest game I've ever been a part of. I was down 21-0 in the 1st Quarter and contemplating never playing NCAA again. Just shutting down the shop w/ thoughts of spending more time w/ my family in my head. Then I couldn't stop laughing the entire 2nd half.

I don't even know how many fumbles Urban had, but he probably had as many as I had INTs, which was 6...yes 6 INTs. Threw for over 400 yards after completely abandoning the run, but the 6 INTs were killers...each and every one of them.

I came back and lost by 3...56-53. I'll let Urban do the wrap up, but suffice it to say there were 3 legitimate onside kicks at the end of the game.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:57 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:One of the craziest games I've ever been a part of.

Florida 56, Penn State 53
    Penn State may not run the ball again this year...just for the hell of it...and the fact the best RB I inherited is a whopping 79. But oh boy my Freshman WR is all world. I might finish w/ 5 wins, but its going to be fun.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:00 am

Dude, I hope you save some replays, bc I am only allowed five and with that wildness, there needs to be at least 25. When my guy fumbled on the kickoff, I was about to punch something.....but when Andre Debose dropped the most wide open touchdown I'd ever seen, I really almost punched something. I wanted to save that replay so bad the entire game, because had I scored there, I think you might have folded. Instead, it goes from being 28-7 to being 21-10 and you got back in it after opening the second half with another touchdown. Then the whole fumble train hit, and eventually I had to put it on conservative. I think they were trying to make something up to you after some of those crazy pitches that happened in the first half. Either way, that was absolutely wild.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:01 am

And of course they delete 30 yards from my 99 yard interception return. It's crazy to say that I played good defense and gave up 53 points, but I played pretty good defense. lol
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:21 am

Down to the wire
    The ticket was worth the price of admission in this one as the eighth-ranked Florida Gators escaped with a 56-53 win against the seventh-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions.
    It looked like it wouldn't be close early, but the Nittany Lions fought back into it with a mid-game rally.
    Florida jumped out to the early lead as Trey Burton took an option run 43 yards for a touchdown on the opening drive.
    "They were obviously trying to stop Gilly (Mike Gillislee), so I held, found a hole, and took it in for the score," Burton said.
    The Gators' next drive was much more methodical, driving the field and capping the score with a four yard run from Gillislee.
    Three plays later the Gators had built a 21-0 lead by picking off a Kevin Newsome pass for a touchdown. Jeremy Brown returned it for the score.
    "At that point, we thought we were sitting pretty, but were we ever wrong," coach Urban Legend said.
    Stephen Harrell changed the complection of a game as he picked up a fumble and returned it 60 yards for the score giving the Nittany Lions life.
    Florida got the ball back and drove across midfield, and it looked to be ready to reassume a 21-point lead before Andre Debose developed butter fingers.
    "I never wanted to rip off a players helmet and punch him as bad as I did Andre right then," Legend said. "Seriously, I thought about cutting him right there."
    Brandon McDonald added a field goal before the half to cut the lead to 21-10 going in for the break. Penn State would cut the lead to three points before the end of the third quarter.
    Trey Burton hit Chris Dunkley to open the lead some, but Penn State answered back with two touchdowns. The first touchdown coming when Newsome was knocked out of the game for a couple of plays. Sophomore Paul Jones scrambled for the score from five yards.
    Newsome came back in on the next drive to hit Alex Kenney for a 30 yard score, and the Florida lead was three.
    "I knew things had just gotten interesting," Legend said.
    He didn't know just how interesting they would get.
    After being shut down on the first two plays of the next drive, Burton hit Adrian Coxson for 78 yards and a score. Florida followed it up with a Joshua Evans interception return out of the end zone 99 yards for a 17-point lead.
    Again, the Nittany Lions fought back.
    This time Newsome would hit Ken Smith on a 34 yard route for the score. The air attack kept going as Penn State ran the hurry up to perfection and Newsome found Mark Wedderburn to cut the lead to three with only 1:25 remaining in the game.
    Florida looked to have sealed the deal after recovering the onside kick and handing the ball off to Gillislee for a 35 yard score on the very next play, but again things got crazy.
    "He ran a kick back at that point, it was crazy and I don't know what hte fuck else to say about it," Legend said.
    Morris, who had early scored on a fumble recovery, scampered 91 yards on the return to again cut the lead to three.
    After a second onside kick recovery, Gillislee again thrashed the defense going in from 42 yards out, and the Gators thought the game was over again with :50 remaining on the clock.
    The Nittany Lions took it down to the final seconds with another Newsome pass to Smith with :14 remaining in the game to cut the lead to 56-53.
    A third onside kick attempt failed, and the Gators survived.
    "Holy fucking shit," said Legend as the game ended.
    ehicks009

Post by ehicks009 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:43 am

Hey urbs any chance you want to drop that FS James Brown? You already got the #1 guy! Who needs two FS's!!!?! Very Happy
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:14 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Dude, I hope you save some replays, bc I am only allowed five and with that wildness, there needs to be at least 25. When my guy fumbled on the kickoff, I was about to punch something.....but when Andre Debose dropped the most wide open touchdown I'd ever seen, I really almost punched something. I wanted to save that replay so bad the entire game, because had I scored there, I think you might have folded. Instead, it goes from being 28-7 to being 21-10 and you got back in it after opening the second half with another touchdown. Then the whole fumble train hit, and eventually I had to put it on conservative. I think they were trying to make something up to you after some of those crazy pitches that happened in the first half. Either way, that was absolutely wild.
    I should have, but didn't. I needed to hit my bed quickly...working on 3-4 hours of sleep right now. Yeah...I about punched something when your QB kept getting tackled and he would pitch it 5 yards to a wide open HB. You might be right about the CPU making a self-correction...no idea how that works.

I'm not sure why I tend to do this, but I decided to go w/ a new defense for a user game. I went w/ multiple instead of 4-2-5, which was a brilliant idea considering the 4-2-5 is tailor made for your option game. I just couldn't get enough outside in pressure. I ended up running the 2-4-5, which I have never run before. I didn't even know it existed. I had to load up on the option so much though from being down and you sticking to it, that you had some WIDE open throws.

And you are also right that I just about folded it in 3x...one of which being that almost TD pass. That GD INT return for a TD really did me in...there were 3-4 scores after that, but I would've really been in the game if I scored there.

Oh well...like I said that is the least upset I've been after a loss ever...just on pure entertainment value alone.

And my Fr WR has almost 500 yards receiving after 2 games...that guy gets open is the tightest spots.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

NY_Eer wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:Dude, I hope you save some replays, bc I am only allowed five and with that wildness, there needs to be at least 25. When my guy fumbled on the kickoff, I was about to punch something.....but when Andre Debose dropped the most wide open touchdown I'd ever seen, I really almost punched something. I wanted to save that replay so bad the entire game, because had I scored there, I think you might have folded. Instead, it goes from being 28-7 to being 21-10 and you got back in it after opening the second half with another touchdown. Then the whole fumble train hit, and eventually I had to put it on conservative. I think they were trying to make something up to you after some of those crazy pitches that happened in the first half. Either way, that was absolutely wild.
    I should have, but didn't. I needed to hit my bed quickly...working on 3-4 hours of sleep right now. Yeah...I about punched something when your QB kept getting tackled and he would pitch it 5 yards to a wide open HB. You might be right about the CPU making a self-correction...no idea how that works.

I'm not sure why I tend to do this, but I decided to go w/ a new defense for a user game. I went w/ multiple instead of 4-2-5, which was a brilliant idea considering the 4-2-5 is tailor made for your option game. I just couldn't get enough outside in pressure. I ended up running the 2-4-5, which I have never run before. I didn't even know it existed. I had to load up on the option so much though from being down and you sticking to it, that you had some WIDE open throws.

And you are also right that I just about folded it in 3x...one of which being that almost TD pass. That GD INT return for a TD really did me in...there were 3-4 scores after that, but I would've really been in the game if I scored there.

Oh well...like I said that is the least upset I've been after a loss ever...just on pure entertainment value alone.

And my Fr WR has almost 500 yards receiving after 2 games...that guy gets open is the tightest spots.

Dude, I was trying to tell gettonmylevel about this when we were working out this morning. That game was so wild, getting all the details right the next day was kinda difficult. Plus, it's hard to illustrate just how open Andre Debose was when he dropped it. For real, had that been real life, and he dropped that pass, I doubt he'd ever get another minute in uniform.
    Yeah, those late pitches were either feast of famine. Early in the game, I hit like two good ones and two disasterous ones. Finally, in the second quarter, I was like, f-it, if it's not open, I'm not pitching it. That seemed to work out better and I was kinda able to move the ball with it for most of the game. The big thing was that every once in a while, I could bust off a big one, and Burton was passing well enough on the road, that you kind of had to respect that too.
    I was playing the 2-4-5 defense most of the game as well. I completely switched up my offense and defense heading into the season. I use to play man up for the most part, because my defense was good enough to do that. Now, my defense isn't that great, so I had to try to scheme a little more than rely on athletic ability. This resulted in my defense not being quite as "shut em down," but it did result in quite a few turnovers (which really helped).
    Anyways, we both know that was one of the more exciting games we've played. I knew we were in for a good one after I dropped that pass, you drive to score, and then I fumble a kickoff. I'm like, yep, this is when Penn State shows up.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Michigan State just beat me
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:06 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Michigan State just beat me

U fuckin serious???
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Damn man. After that impressive whipping you put on me.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 pm

stoptherun wrote:

U fuckin serious???
    Yep. It was just one of those games. Their entire team was phenomenal. Their QB was 16-24 for 296 and 3 TDs (was 15-18 until late in the 4th when I finally was able to make a stop and try to forge a comeback); he also rambled off a 71 yard run. RB had 215 and 2 TDs on 19 carries. My defense was just awful. I was sacked 6 times, and god knows how many times I was hit when passing, probably close to 15. I never led, but I finally tied it up in the fourth with 5 left. They kicked a field goal to go up by three and then sealed it with a pick for a TD. But I almost still came back, scoring and then almost getting the onside kick with 19 seconds left. It was just one of those games...
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah I waged a major battle with them in my first game in Workers. Went to OT and we escaped by the skin of our Badger teeth. I chalked it up to not being comfortable with the sliders but I've seen them go into full beast mode and its not pretty!
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Hey splff, I have a fairly busy schedule today and tomorrow. Do you have exact times you can't play?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:02 pm

dclark44 wrote:Hey splff, I have a fairly busy schedule today and tomorrow. Do you have exact times you can't play?

After midnite tonight and after 11pm tomorrow. I have the baby today and tomorrow so I'm not going anywhere. Just give me about a 10-15 min heads up and I should be ready to go as long as I'm not cooking or something.

EDIT: I could actually wait until 1 or 1:30am tonight if need be.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Damn, I wanted to be the one to beat you first lol.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Ok I'll let you know soon
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:26 pm

splff3000 wrote:

Yeah I hated going down like that. I would've much preferred to lose in a really good game against a user than in some bullshit game like that to a shit CPU team.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:

Dude, I was trying to tell gettonmylevel about this when we were working out this morning. That game was so wild, getting all the details right the next day was kinda difficult. Plus, it's hard to illustrate just how open Andre Debose was when he dropped it. For real, had that been real life, and he dropped that pass, I doubt he'd ever get another minute in uniform.
    Yeah, those late pitches were either feast of famine. Early in the game, I hit like two good ones and two disasterous ones. Finally, in the second quarter, I was like, f-it, if it's not open, I'm not pitching it. That seemed to work out better and I was kinda able to move the ball with it for most of the game. The big thing was that every once in a while, I could bust off a big one, and Burton was passing well enough on the road, that you kind of had to respect that too.
    I was playing the 2-4-5 defense most of the game as well. I completely switched up my offense and defense heading into the season. I use to play man up for the most part, because my defense was good enough to do that. Now, my defense isn't that great, so I had to try to scheme a little more than rely on athletic ability. This resulted in my defense not being quite as "shut em down," but it did result in quite a few turnovers (which really helped).
    Anyways, we both know that was one of the more exciting games we've played. I knew we were in for a good one after I dropped that pass, you drive to score, and then I fumble a kickoff. I'm like, yep, this is when Penn State shows up.

That 2-4-5, unless it was an isolated incident w/ this game, was beastly. Now that you say you were employing it...even more so. Your guys were getting in so quickly on the blitz it was ridiculous. I'm not sure if its cheese, but I may have to work that into my defensive scheme at certain points the rest of the year.

I'm looking at this game as a turning point in the Penn State philosophy moving forward...LOL. Of course, I'm probably just trying to make myself feel better.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah, I was overloading you at certain points. There were a lot of times that I brought in 6, 7, or 8 guys. When I did, I just left the defensive backs in a deep zone so that you couldn't beat me for an 80-yard play. You did, however, shred the middle a few times for 20-30 due to me doing it. Though my defense was pretty good, you gotta remember, I still gave up 53 points before deciding to make that switch yourself.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:51 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Though my defense was pretty good, you gotta remember, I still gave up 53 points before deciding to make that switch yourself.
    Understood. Hence, the "work it in" language. Definitely not making it my base defense.
    ehicks009

Post by ehicks009 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

Yeah I hated going down like that. I would've much preferred to lose in a really good game against a user than in some bullshit game like that to a shit CPU team.

i agree man kinda shitty, ill say though the cpu is a lot tougher this season i almost had a similar game vs BC which is a rivalry game and they were getting every break
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 pm

got home late.... played workers... got another long day ahead of me... won't be able to get my game in until tomorrow evening.. sorry guys,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 pm