GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Ttech96
Killwill008
Jbrax1122
citylimit10
Keep Wreckinn
IUcookie
dipsh
11 posters

Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain)

dipsh
    dipsh

Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain) Empty Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain)

Post by dipsh Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 pm

1 - Coaching Carousel - Should we let users switch teams? I have no desire to switch but some might. How do we keep our 4 users in 3 conferences if we do? I can switch to any team to make the league run smoother but I do enjoy being in a conference with Dink and Chugg. But we could go 3 users in 4 conferences if Tech, Killwill and one ACC user wanted to switch?

2 - Coach XP - What do we do if KillWill008 still can't get coaching xp after the advance? Restart? Let him pick up to a 4 star Big 10 team (No one wants Minnesota) and see if that fixes it?

3 - User Games - Next season? 4 or 5? I would like 5 but I thought 4 was fine too. With conference championships some dudes got 5 or 6 anyway.

4 - Not doing scouting reports? Should I be policing this? I enjoy doing them but some people are just not doing them at all. Do we care?

5 - I am planning on just using the CPU's random schedule feature. You can set it to give you a certain amount of user games and it just does it. It's 100 times easier than trying to nit pick all 12 users schedules. Is everyone ok with just playing who it gives you?

6 - Quarter Length - I would rather be 8 minute quarters. The guys who have gay hurry up stats are always gonna have gay non sim stats no matter what but I had 90 plays in my bowl game. That's 50 less than the league average IRL. Last year a couple games had 200 plays IRL! Now I realize I will be low regardless because of the way I play but rarely hitting 100 plays is dumb.

7 - Not contributing on these forums. A few guys aren't posting in here at all. Should I look for more commited users or not worry about it?

8 - Offseason - It'll be impossible to find a time for all 12 guys to get online. Should I plan a once a day advance at a certain time for the 4 or 5 days it takes or should I just say Sunday night at 8 and I will advance every 20 minutes or so and just knock it all out and if you're not available you're just auto piloted?

If you don't give an opinion then you can't complain. Let me hear what you guys think. Even if you are just fine with whatever. Post it.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain) Empty Re: Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain)

Post by IUcookie Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm

1. I say you, dink, and Chugg should still be in same conference. You guys always have nice battles.

2. Not sure what to do. I dont mind if he picks up a 4star team.

3. Either 4 or 5.

4. I say if you play someone for a second time you dont HAVE to do one. Like let's say I play Brax again, I can do another one if I have to, but it's not required.

5. Dont really care here.

6. Don't care here.

7. I like when people post on here but as long as they do their shit that's all I care but you're commish so do whatever.

8. I don't really care how we do this but I wonder how the online dynasty website would work in this situation. Some people can be on their xbox while the rest can do the offseason with us on the computer. Not sure if you guys have used the dynasty website but it's really well set up.
    Keep Wreckinn
    Keep Wreckinn

Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain) Empty Re: Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain)

Post by Keep Wreckinn Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:29 pm

1 - Coaching Carousel - i say we do whatever makes people happy and enjoying the dynasty because if people are having fun it makes for a good long lasting dynasty.conferences really dont matter to me as long as people have same amount of user games per year.

2 - restart would be my last option, dont mind if he takes a 4 star team.

3 - User Games - 4 i feel like 5 would be too many

4 - i love reading the scouting reports and i love writing them so i think we should make them mandatory. I know i forgot one this year lol but by the time i realized i forgot to write it i wasnt excatly sure what he did and i didnt want to write one just to write one.

5 - Fine by me. Ill play whoever.

6 - Quarter Length - My vote is 7 based on the fact that we are already scoring a ton of points every game but i mean if you switched it to 8 i wouldnt be mad. Injust felt like the user games feel really long at 7.

7 - i like ods where there is an active forum whereneveryone posts but i mean as long as people get their games in quick i dont really have a big issue. One thing ive done in previous ODs is assign people to content threads such as recruiting, game of the week, players to watch, heismen race, etc.

8 -i dont care how we do it i say whatever we do we get it done fast though. I hate when the offseason slows a dynasty down. With that being said saturday night and sunday im availble for most of the day.
    citylimit10
    citylimit10

Post by citylimit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 pm

1. I'm good with staying here at Syracuse as long as they don't burn me in effigy and run me out of town.

2. I don't know man. If the fix is giving him a 4star then I say do it. Seems like a pretty important feature for it not to work properly. Thanks EA quality control!

3. I'd say load 'em up! That way if I get my ass handed to me again it will be by actual people.

4. I'd rather have scouting reports. Need all the help I can get personally...

5. I'm fine with random scheduling

6. I don't really care about Qt. length, but if you bump it up I'm sure those up-tempo guys will start pushing 100 points in some of their games.

7. I'm not as active as most on this site, but I post periodically. I think if everyone at least contributes something that would be cool.

8. Not sure here. I'm free all day sunday, but I can do whatever.
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

1 - Coaching Carousel - Should we let users switch teams? I have no desire to switch but some might. How do we keep our 4 users in 3 conferences if we do? I can switch to any team to make the league run smoother but I do enjoy being in a conference with Dink and Chugg. But we could go 3 users in 4 conferences if Tech, Killwill and one ACC user wanted to switch?

I say we can switch but only upgrade in same conference OR you arrange with another User to switch conference with them... I love 4-3 setup we have

2 - Coach XP - What do we do if KillWill008 still can't get coaching xp after the advance? Restart? Let him pick up to a 4 star Big 10 team (No one wants Minnesota) and see if that fixes it?

That's fine with me, take a 4 star

3 - User Games - Next season? 4 or 5? I would like 5 but I thought 4 was fine too. With conference championships some dudes got 5 or 6 anyway.

As many user games as possible, I don't care if I get 6 or 7 I'm sick of playing the computer

4 - Not doing scouting reports? Should I be policing this? I enjoy doing them but some people are just not doing them at all. Do we care?

I care, so everyone should be required to do them, if they don't then maybe they get a game simmed. I skipped doing one but that's cuz our Game was a super lag and both of our playing styles were completely different that normal

5 - I am planning on just using the CPU's random schedule feature. You can set it to give you a certain amount of user games and it just does it. It's 100 times easier than trying to nit pick all 12 users schedules. Is everyone ok with just playing who it gives you?

That's fine, and makes it fair, I'm with that

6 - Quarter Length - I would rather be 8 minute quarters. The guys who have gay hurry up stats are always gonna have gay non sim stats no matter what but I had 90 plays in my bowl game. That's 50 less than the league average IRL. Last year a couple games had 200 plays IRL! Now I realize I will be low regardless because of the way I play but rarely hitting 100 plays is dumb.

7min is long enuff, fuck 8

7 - Not contributing on these forums. A few guys aren't posting in here at all. Should I look for more commited users or not worry about it?

Yes if they don't contribute then find new users

8 - Offseason - It'll be impossible to find a time for all 12 guys to get online. Should I plan a once a day advance at a certain time for the 4 or 5 days it takes or should I just say Sunday night at 8 and I will advance every 20 minutes or so and just knock it all out and if you're not available you're just auto piloted?

Sunday works, people who aren't home can do most of the stuff VIA computer or smart phone, I've done it...

Keep Wreckinn
    Keep Wreckinn

Post by Keep Wreckinn Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 pm

just throwing this out there because i forgot to mention it above. A penalty that ive seen used in dynastys for restarts on not being active on the forum is a reduction on recruiting. for exampleif it is your 3rd restart without proof you get 2,500 points in recruiting instead of 5,000 for 4 weeks, something along those lines. Another thing is suspending star players for however many games depending on the severity of the penalty.
    Killwill008

Post by Killwill008 Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 pm

1- I say keep the same teams, i think its a cool feature to have but the point of the dynasty is to build your team and show your skills and if your good enough then it doesn't matter which team u have.

2- I hope that it works and I get Xp but if not i would like to pick a 4 star team or I can pick Uconn and just move them to the big 10. I don't want to make everyone start over

3- it doesn't matter to me I rather play users anyway

4- I missed 1 but I really didn't know what I was doing but I think it's a good idea but if someone is not doing them it doesn't matter it should be there choice. I'm gonna do them tho

5- it doesn't matter to me whatever u wanna do

6- I'd rather play 7 I already thought it was too long

7- I think it's fine but as long as people are playing their games then it should be ok

8- I'm free Sunday night
    Ttech96

Post by Ttech96 Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

1- I am enjoying the game/OD that you guys have. It doesn't matter to me which team I play. I was making the suggestion to switch because of a balance issue. One user wanted to move to already heavy PAC12 South and I was the only PAC12 North team so I was willing to move to the Big10/ACC.

2- I hope it is fixed by the start of the next season as you guys were saying about the generated new coaching goals. But I like the idea he bought forward of a 14 team realigned BIG10, instead of Rutgers and Maryland. UCONN and Maryland. Are we moving teams around as the years go forward. L'ville to the ACC and American conference getting ECU, Tulsa and its 12th team in year 3 NAVY?

3- it doesn't matter to me, I do have a ruff schedule but User vs User games are more interesting.

4- I'm not much of a word smith and I just having fun but I will post weird stuff that seems out of place.

5- I know its a pain but rivals that come along through these ODs tend to be non traditional. So schedule may need to be handled by you to ensure heated rivals play each other every year.

6- I play in an OD where 6 min Quarters are the norm, I think those games are too short but I have played in 9 min leagues too and it seems like I get into limbo/bored in the third quarter and CPU comes back to make it close a lot more. I struggle in all ODs against CPU so It doesn't matter.

7- I think it's fine but as long as people are playing their games, I also feel as the OD gets older into season 4 or 5 we will see an increase of traffic. As I get to know who I playing I will post more often.

8- I'm free Sunday night, I available my typical 4pm CST til latest 930pm CST I have work. As long as I get to do the Cuts I am fine. I hate it when the CPU does that part of the Offseason for me.

TTU96
    Ttech96

Opinions (Read and POST or you are not allowed to complain) Empty OK I am not trying to start anything and....

Post by Ttech96 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 pm

OK I am not complaining but I am wondering how two teams from the BigTen conference not named Ohio State or Michigan were undefeated. Did you guys struggle at all with the Big dog teams in the conference. I lost to teams that exploit my weakness as a player, my skill set doesn't include defending running QBs well. Not to mention CPU Secondary is fairly weak. Most CPU teams that want to move the ball in clutch moments do move the ball and typically score. But the CPU scores on me at will. lol

I guess without looking into scores NW and IU don't seem likely to be undefeated. Maybe if they got booted to the MAC or C-USA i would believe undefeated for them. But Not the BIGTEN schedule. Just a thought.

By the way I do not advocate an change in settings to correct this but CPU powerhouses should be powerhouses.

TTU96
    ihubbard
    ihubbard

Post by ihubbard Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Most things above I agree with.

I like the spread of teams. So changing would kinda suck.

I like 4 or 5 user games

7 min. Any longer is dumb. (Nice jab at my gay stats)

I like when people post.

Sunday is good for me.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Ttech96 wrote:OK I am not complaining but I am wondering how two teams from the BigTen conference not named Ohio State or Michigan were undefeated. Did you guys struggle at all with the Big dog teams in the conference. I lost to teams that exploit my weakness as a player, my skill set doesn't include defending running QBs well. Not to mention CPU Secondary is fairly weak. Most CPU teams that want to move the ball in clutch moments do move the ball and typically score. But the CPU scores on me at will. lol

I guess without looking into scores NW and IU don't seem likely to be undefeated. Maybe if they got booted to the MAC or C-USA i would believe undefeated for them. But Not the BIGTEN schedule. Just a thought.

By the way I do not advocate an change in settings to correct this but CPU powerhouses should be powerhouses.

TTU96
    I barely beat the so called powerhouses in the Big Ten and it looked like Brax did too.

I just checked and it looked like iHUB was winning 10-7 in the first quarter. Should be a good game
    virus2450
    virus2450

Post by virus2450 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 pm

1 - Coaching Carousel ----- i think carousel is great, if you deserve the job u get then thats your reward. we have conferences in the west, central and the east i dont see why we cant rearrange conferences to meet the 4 user expectation. its been happening alot in real life over the past 5 years with the big 12 loosing teams, "pac 10 and big 10 gaining teams, and the depletion of the american. and if you move ur still rebuilding.

2 - Coach XP ---- if killwill stuff still isnt working the i think he should go to a decent team with a low level coach and just start off with them.. we already have people at 6 stars, i dont see why he cant have a coach already around that level or less...

3 - User Games ---- with people not liking how we defeat the cpu or how it seemed everyone was ranked, the more user games the harder it will be for people to make it to the ship, so when you really get there it will be a better accomplishment: so cookies ship doesn't count.

4 - Not doing scouting reports? ---now i am a culprit on this one and i will put up i hubs right now, i just say that the people who feel they need the scouting report should hold the person accountable, or we can treat this leauge like the NCAA and hold people to infractions like the user cant use certain players in the game or people get 1 game sim suspensions for not putting up scout reports, or can only recruit a certain amount of people.

5 - I am planning on just using the CPU's random schedule feature.--- i think leaving it alone is fine, or we can at least pick he users we want, or 1 home/away game that we would enjoy like a rivalry or just a team u want to go against. i think thats fair.

6 - Quarter Length ---- over 8 mins is way too long, i think we should leave it the way it is or move it to 7 mins. you can also adjust the threshold to slow the game and running down if you feel its too fast pace for people.

7 - Not contributing on these forums: ---its been hard to keep quality players in a league so kicking them out for not being active on the forum is extreme but i do agree that they need to say something here and there. once again we can place some infractions if you want but that means you would have to monitor it, or you can develop a board, 25% of the league or 1 spokesperson from each conference to talk about punishments and whether people are pulling their weight.

8 - Offseason - it will be impossible but i think that if we watch the green lights we can tell when to advance but 1 solid time will make it quick and fast, and we can all communicate in the forum and let everyone know when they are ready.. also the NCAA app can be on your phone and you can recruit and still be apart of the advances if you cant be on your xbox.?
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:20 am

1 - I dont care. Be who ever makes you happy and want to continue with the OD. That said I dont want a new job.

2 - Definitely no restart. Horrible option. Let him be Alabama for all I care.

3 - I only enjoy my conference user games. So however many that is. Cookie ran read option all fucking game, and tech ran pitch left, and I didnt get to play Wreck (simmed). Playing the CPU feels more realistic. I usually have decent battles with the CPU.

4 - Sorry I'm guilty of this. I'm gonna write the 3 I need to after answering these questions.

5 - Dont blame ya here. CPU generate that shit.

6 - 9 min

7 - As long as they play their games, and communicate well during user weeks I could care less. I dont give a shit about your opinion anyways.

8 - Sunday night works. Or using the website works too. I used my phone last year.
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 am

1-no switching
    2-let him change to whoever
    3-4 user games
    4-I don't really care on this one
    5-yes
    6-I vote 8 but 7 is ok with me
    7-I think people are active but don't post a lot of stuff. Most people are reading them
    8-sunday works for me but I'm not worried about hurrying
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:38 am

1-no switching
    2-let him change to whoever
    3-4 user games
    4-I don't really care on this one
    5-yes
    6-I vote 8 but 7 is ok with me
    7-I think people are active but don't post a lot of stuff. Most people are reading them
    8-sunday works for me but I'm not worried about hurrying

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:41 pm