GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
GWORLD74
Shooter
Stephen A Smith
dbafford
drew-73-stl
buddie496
ak_brownsfan
aftermath52
JoeyJ1203
chuckjones112
KidIcarus27
Mr.Slick
LongSnapper61
BcRanger3
Kingofda334
getonmylevelho
jhawk886
Aftershock9958
Joker12
Jalen_d
Marco_SNAPS_55
dclark44
Dolfinley
Sinister
robgman15
da5playmaker
Muckem
Hardee
dominoslarry
stoptherun
Brownsfan23
TJ
splff3000
37 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

BcRanger3
    BcRanger3

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by BcRanger3 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 am

Me and urbs game had such low total offense mostly because it was a defensive game...but I believe that happened because of the qb accuracy turned down..tannehill was under throwing every long route and over throwing every short-medium route for Urb. And schaub did have a few questionable ones too but because of momentum he kept his head up while tannehill threw 5 or so picks because of shitty throws....
    But I don't care on the quarter length. Our game didn't seem too long but we had the clock moving a lot...I played a preseason game in another league that had the same amount quarter length and it seemed like it took fucking forever to finish...but it could have seemed like that cause all the scrubs playing that kept the clock stopped w incompletions, dropped passes, etc...so I'm neutral on quarter length, it's whatever
    BcRanger3
    BcRanger3

Post by BcRanger3 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 am

Oh and sacks...my D line was workin Urbs offensive line like they were 3rd stringers..but it also seemed like his d line was getting a hell of a push on mine as well, I did send a shit ton of blitz but was also getting sacks w a 3 man rush so idk, seems a bit iffy to me too...
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am

Agree with everything BC said
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Urb what Is dmzed I have wireless can u explain that?
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:01 pm

There's a thread on it somewhere here or just google DMZ your ps3
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I I might lose Internet for a few days fellas I should b back by next game
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Dolfinley wrote:Sin seems to have trouble late at nights connecting with people on wireless connections. Are you wireless or hardwired? If you're wireless, do you know if you've DMZed your playstation?
    yeah urb sinanet sucks i don't know what else to do , i upgraded my service still dsl Angry but i dmzed my shit even tho im wired so i'm at a loss. whats weird last night i connected to online games but not cavs in a community game
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Yeah, Im on a hard wire, I had no problems playing online in any games yesterday.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

So what we looking like on the advance? Who's left and yall schedule yet?
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Never mind I'll still have Internet
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:45 pm

This is from the transaction thread:

Joker12 wrote:Patriots sign LT Adam Goldberg.

I'm LMFAO right now!!!! That Grinders_twitter shit is fucking me up lol. I got twitter for HTC sense widget on my phone and it shows the latest tweets every time I look at it, but it doesn't show the twitter handle. It just shows your name so I read that the Patriots dropped someone to make room for Goldberg. Then later on I read that the Patriots signed Winslow and I was like damn the Patriots are busy today. It wasn't until I got home and looked in the transaction thread that I realized the Goldberg shit was for the CC. I saw Mike Mayock talking about a Miami and Green Bay trade and I was like Wtf? When did they trade? I was just about to look up the trade on my phone when I thought, why is Mike Mayock talking about trades? He's a draft guy. Then I was like, why is no one else talking about this trade? Then it hit me and I opened the real twitter to see the handle and was like WTF? LMAO. I've been fucked all day lol.
    LongSnapper61

Post by LongSnapper61 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Hey Splif me and chuck were going to play tonight but he got called into work.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Ok, on to some serious shit. A few things:

Brownsfan, don't worry about your internet. Sin's internet is notorious for messing up late at night. Since Urb has switched providers, Sin is the lone bad internet guy in the CC lol. I assume yall can reschedule the game.

Ok on to the sliders. Muck, I ask that you reserve your judgement until you play a user game. I've said a bunch of times that these sliders are created for user to user games. I honestly have no idea how they are for cpu games. I'm asking that you wait until you play a user game, then critique them. IMO, it does no good to set sliders for cpu games when 85-90% of your games are gonna be against users. If these other guys that said they were joining ever actually join then I'd say 90-95% of your games will be against users. That's why I set them up like that.

As for the rest of you, I don't know why some of you are acting like QB accuracy being at 10 is a surprise for you. Even when I was doing Workers(NCAA OD for you new guys) I had QB Accuracy low like that. I believe the first year in 09 I had it at 5 and every year after that, 10 and 11, I had it at 10. This is nothing new. The links to the Workers 09 and the Workers 10 threads have been deleted from OS so I can't prove it there, but the link to 11 is still here:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t3-workers-2011-discussion-thread

Max Allowable Recruits

Team - Recruits that can be signed
    N/A

Once you have signed all the recruits you can sign, make sure you turn cpu assistance off and clear your board so that no "mistakes" can happen. I urge you to do this because, on rare occasions, someone may still come to your school as a walk on, but it will show them as part of your recruits. This will cause you to be over the limit and penalized. There is no leeway here. If you go over, for whatever reason, you will be penalized. No excuses.

EDIT: If the game glitches and advances to the end of offseason recruiting, there will not be a penalty for recruiting violations.

here:

Heisman difficulty:
    8 min qtrs.
    Quiz the QB - off
    Ice the Kicker - off

HUM/CPU Sliders

Offense
    QB Accuracy - 10/5
    Pass Block - 5/0 >>>> 10/0
    WR Catching - 45/45
    RB Ability - 50/50
    Run Block - 45/55 >>>> 45/60

Defense
    Pass Coverage - 65/45
    Pass Rush - 30/5
    Interceptions - 5/5
    Rush Defense - 25/20 >>>> 30/20 >>>> 30/35
    Tackling - 50/45

Special Teams
    FG Power - 0/0
    FG Accuracy - 25/50
    Punt Power - 75/80
    Punt Accuracy - 70/85
    Kickoff Power - 45/45

Penalties
    Offsides- 100
    False Start- 70
    Holding- 50
    Facemask- 55
    OFF P.I- 100
    DEF P.I- 100
    Kr/Pr Interference- 100
    Clipping- 55
    Intentional grounding- 100
    rough passer- 100
    rough kicker- 100

Note: These sliders are designed for some overthrown and underthrown passes by both the user and cpu. Don't be alarmed when you see this lol.

I put that last part in bold so you can see it especially. This is nothing new. O-line Pass blocking being low is nothing new either. Hell, Hawk even had a suggested slider set and he had QB accuracy set for 10 as well.

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t27-workers-sliders

Alright guys, I've came up with a set of adjusted sliders to try and bring us closer to what real life numbers are for statistics and to make the computer a little more competitive.

I've played numerous games to try and get these right. Generally how I base it, is that I play against myself, for instance I play as KU against KU. I want the computer to be able to beat me in this game since we should be equally matched. Note: I don't want it to beat me every time, I just want it to be competitive and if it has a good game, to be able to pull out the win.

I just played 3 games with exclusively this set. I played as KU against KU and in a very tough fought game, I lost 27-24. I could've taken a field goal and went into overtime but I was on the 2 and went for the win and got stopped. I then played as KU against Western Kentucky and beat them pretty handily, 45-10. And then I just played as KU against Oklahoma and in an insane game, somehow pulled out the win in double OT 35-31.

So I think these are pretty good in that they give realistic statistics, and allow for a good, competitive game from the CPU from the teams that should give you good games. The teams that you should beat pretty easily, you still can, given that you don't make too many mistakes. But this gives it the feel of "Any given Saturday". So this is what I've come up with:

Speed Threshold: 0

Penalties
    100 Offsides
    90 False Start
    55 Holding
    55 Facemask
    100 Offensive PI
    100 Defensive PI
    100 KR/PR Int
    55 Clipping
    100 Int Grounding
    100 Roughing the QB
    100 Roughing the K

Human CPU
    10 05 QB Accuracy
    20 10 Pass Blocking
    50 50 WR Catching
    50 50 RB Ability
    50 75 Run Blocking
    50 60 Pass Coverage
    25 05 Pass Rush
    05 05 Interceptions
    15 60 Rush Defense
    45 60 Tackling
    00 00 FG Power
    25 50 FG Accuracy
    50 100 Punt Power
    50 100 Punt Accuracy
    45 45 Kickoff Power

As you can see he has pass blocking a lil higher but I tend to lean towards the lower side to get a good pass rush with a good D-line. If you raise it too much, you nerf a good d-line rush and even users with good d-lines have to blitz more to get pressure. Muck, if you say the cpu was overpowering, I will look into lowering the cpu pass rush a bit and seeing how that works out. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Wink The funny part in all of this is Urb is making the most fuss about QB accuracy and he used these very same sliders I created, for his OD that year, lol. The QB accuracy has always been this way with me being commish. It wasn't that way for Grinders last year because there were no sliders for OF's. The low QB accuracy means you have to sit in the pocket and throw passes. If you're feeling pressure or you're running around, depending on your QB, you might not be as accurate as you normally are. It's nice to see a pass go over a receivers head because you got pressure on the QB.

In fact, to be honest, with total control passing (or whatever ea calls this shit), the QB accuracy is helped a lot. On NCAA, if you had a bad QB, sometimes passes would be so bad that it looked like they were going to a different receiver. That didn't happen with me even tho I had Terrelle Pryor starting for me against SD. Instead of going out there and trying to wing it all over the field. I picked spots to take my shots. I don't have a lot of yards because I had a lot of WR screens that didn't account for nothing or even led to losses, but I definitely took my shots downfield. A lot of them were successful too. You have to play a smarter brand of QB.

Anyway to sum up a long post, every year in NCAA, people were like why the fuck is QB accuracy at 10 and complaining about shit. As folks got used to the sliders, they learned how to play with them. In fact, at one point, there were 5 OD's on OS using my sliders, one of them being urbs. I don't know why he's complaining now lol. Like I said in the beginning, I made these sliders for user games. I will have to rely totally on feedback from you guys for changes that need to be made to the cpu sliders. I will look into the stats from ALL the games and see what I can see and if I see a trend, I will definitely make a change. Be patient folks.

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:00 pm

I want to add to my post, that I'm open to making changes if they are needed. One week of games is a small sample size. Oh and to comment on BC's post about getting pressure on Urb consistently, BC is Houston and Urb was Miami. That's a BIG mismatch team talent wise.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

All I'm going to say is this, if Community and CCM play differently, then why are we using the same slider set. This is something that should have been tested and tweaked (along with game time) in the Test CC.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 am

tmjohns18 wrote:All I'm going to say is this, if Community and CCM play differently, then why are we using the same slider set. This is something that should have been tested and tweaked (along with game time) in the Test CC.

The difficulty is different. Play an All Madden game in your own online CC, then play one, with the same settings, in playnow. Feels very different. Like the cpu is more competent in playnow. User games are slower in CC that the community. All the shit FEELS different lol. There is no proof the sliders work differently in the different modes. The game itself just feels different. That's even if you just use default sliders for all of them. They just FEEL different.

As for the time thing, I didn't know what people would like. As you can see, some are ok with 8 min and some want 7 min. There is no consensus on this. What I'm gonna do is turn off accel clock for everyone next week so everyone can play the real 8 min qtrs. The following week, I'll put it to 7, then I'll have yall vote on which one yall like. That way everyone will experience both and can make an informed decision.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:20 am

Urb and/or Joey can one of yall vote on me and brownsfan trade?

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t955-browns-raiders-trade
    Mr.Slick
    Mr.Slick

Post by Mr.Slick Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 am

Wats up guys, its slick. any teams open?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 am

Mr.Slick wrote:Wats up guys, its slick. any teams open?

Yeah umm we know its you slick. We can see your name lol.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Wtf? Jhawk, joey, or urb. Vote on this trade:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t955-browns-raiders-trade

I need one more vote.

Fyi, for those of you that don't know, since errig didn't come back, jhawk is the new alternate on the trade committee.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Can we get an update on the advance? Are we still waiting on the game that got scheduled last night??
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 pm

what the fuck, are we advanced yet?
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 pm

yeah... whats up with the advance?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah what's up with the advance?
    chuckjones112

Post by chuckjones112 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 pm

i dont think longsnapper can play till 8pm ct tonight so if yall wanna advance before that i understand .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am