GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
chugg18
dipsh
xksong
Jaredlib
PalmettoTiger
9 posters

Heisman Difficulty

PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Heisman Difficulty Empty Heisman Difficulty

Post by PalmettoTiger Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Been playing the game on Heisman default settings, and I'm indifferent on how I feel. While the game is very challenging, I feel that I can't run the ball at all. The defenders react so quickly breaking a long run seems near impossible.

I just played Arkansas (Hum) vs. LSU (CPU) in the Battle for the Golden Boot. I ended up coming from behind to win, but something was very disturbing. I was up 17-10 as the 4th quarter started. I knew if I didn't score LSU would on their next possession. They haven't moved the football the entire game (score was on a pick 6), but it was the 4th quarter so I knew it would happen.

Sure enough, I punch it in for a TD, and 42 seconds after the kickout LSU scores on 4 plays...in the end, I knew that would happen which makes it seem so unreasonable. It's like the CPU has an extra gear in the 4th quarter when trailing, but my defense surely didn't help. I was in a Dime cover 3 and they were lighting me up with pass after pass after pass no matter what adjustments I made.

I ended up winning, but a majority of these games I'm getting my ass kicked. I have no idea how I will compete with a 3 star team on this difficulty. Does anyone have trouble with the running game though as I have? Maybe it was just LSU's run defense?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Heisman Difficulty Empty Re: Heisman Difficulty

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

I've gotten very varied results

I am doing an offlin dynasty with Army.

In my first game (using default Heisman) against North Texas I couldn't run for shit, probably had about 45 yards as a team. My second game, at SDSU, I got them for about 150 yards on the ground

In the play now games it really varied week to week.

Have you playd more since then?
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Been a mixed bag. I played Notre Dame vs. BC and lost in a 4th quarter comeback as ND. My running game did well but nothing went over 20 yards. Meanwhile, BC's back gashed me numerous times.

I also played UCLA vs. Arizona to get a feel for my offense, my QB sucks by the way. I lost on a last second field goal. I will say that heisman really punishes you for making bad throws. You will be picked and I like that bc it eliminates a lot of BS. The running game though has been fairly dismal. Even with Army though you should be rushing for multiple hundreds of yards right?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Technically, yes, you are right, but I am using a custom playbook that has more spread/air-raid concepts (I kinda have this story line going in my head of a fresh new coach taking over the old program and revitalizing it, haha)

xksong
    xksong

Post by xksong Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:20 pm

It seems to me Heisman difficulty no longer makes each CPU a super God.

No longer are their DT/DE/LB unblockable. No longer is it impossible to get pressure with 4 or even 5. It seems to me the CPU just makes smart decisions and takes advantage of your boneheaded play more often.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

I dunno if I am just having one of those games or something but I am destroying NIU right now, at home with Army, 28-3 in the third. I have busted some nice option runs and probably have close to 200 yards rushing right now. Again, I think this is just one of those games where the CPU is shittin itself or something.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Think I've figured out the problem. The god damn lead blockers don't block. I just played Wisconsin (hum) and Minnesota (cpu), an A+ team vs. a C team. It should be expected that I run all over them. I did just that. Although no big plays, Monte Ball (OVR 98) racked up 141 yards on 28 carries with a longest of 20.

I did notice this though on plays that completely blew up. Once when running and outside toss I had three lead blockers sweeping left. They all ran straight past the defensive LB instead of engaging him and I was tackled for a loss. It also happened numerous other times when the OL just seem completely lost and don't block anyone.

I noticed it didn't seem to happen with Minnesota that much though. I purposely let the CPU control the defensive LB and secondary (so I couldn't fuck anything up) and their tailback rushed for 129 yards on 8 carries. Long run of 74 yards...

In the end, I won, I actually ran the football, but in watching replays the blocking really looked retarded.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:58 pm

I have loved Heisman level. I haven't played many games yet but I haven't felt cheated yet. Three fumbles lost in the first half as Georgia vs Tenn was frustrating but I haven't seen consistent cheating from the CPU. Rushed for 6 yards a carry in that one and had one game as KSU where I rushed for over 300 with my HB and QB combined vs Iowa State. But I maybe ran for 150 combined vs Oklahoma. Are you looking to never lose a CPU game? I will no way win every CPU game, nor do I think I should. I guess it depends a lot on that. If you (Palmetto) beat LSU with Arkansas I'd say it's not too hard. Let's hear more opinions on this.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:08 pm

dipsh wrote:Are you looking to never lose a CPU game? I will no way win every CPU game, nor do I think I should. I guess it depends a lot on that. If you (Palmetto) beat LSU with Arkansas I'd say it's not too hard. Let's hear more opinions on this.

By all means no. It could just be because I suck, but I have the right to suck because I'm old. I just find it odd that I have yet to break open a big run or get anything outside the tackles. In watching the replays though I'm befuddled. Dunno - I'll get off my soapbox.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Having an opinion is smiled upon man. I'd rather have you voice your thoughts. I'd like to hear more from some other guys on what they think of heisman.
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Ive played a couple play nows with the Irish at home. First one was against Wake Forest. I threw 5 picks(I know fuckin shitty) and they threw 4. It was an ugly game and the only reason they kept it close was because of the turnovers. Cant remeber the score off hand but it was somewhere around 30-20. The second game I absolutely fuckin destroyed Sparty. 42-14. They threw 2 pick 6's(probably 5 total ints) and I busted a huge 70 yard zone read option around the edge with my HB. On the flip side I had 0 turnovers. Mainly cuz I didn't have to pass lol, but I feel not turning the ball over is huge. And it should be. Thats a huge part of football, the turnover margin.

Now, Palmetto, I feel ur pain on not bustin many long runs. That 70 yarder by far has been my longest. But in all the games ive played I'm probably averaging a little over 5 per carry. So I dont know, I wouldnt say the running game sucks, but I also see where ur comin from about the homeruns.

Ive also fell victim to many drives with the CPU pickin my ass apart and scoring in less than a minute it feels like. I get fuckin pissed then calm down cuz I'm usually atleast still in the game. Gotta stay composed lol. I'm sure i'll lose my fair share to the CPU. Shit, I gotta play Texas, Oklahoma, and Ok St. The first few years could be rough. But thats also part of the fun and challenge, tryin to build a winner.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:38 am

I'm in the middle of the season with Fresno State (5-1) and I'm getting that odd feeling about Heisman.

Almost like everyone on here I feel that it presents a challenge, but there are 3 consistant things that keep happening that are slightly annoying.

1. Very little pass rush for me and it seems like the computer hit's the 3.5 or 4 second mark and they all shed their blockers and come after me at the same time lol.

2. With this little pass rush, the computer only throws improv routes after everyone's ran their route.

3. No run game. 8 carries for 21 yards, 10 carries for 24, 22 carries for 66 yards, 7 carries for 14 yards, and 5 carries for 5 yards.
    This is for a 93 overall speed running back.
    I'm not saying "no run game" in a I'm-stubborn- and-refuse-to-change-my-offense. Just it seems a tad bit tough to get the run game going so far.
    But that being said, AA might be more fair but less challenging.

On a side note, I beat #3 Oregon in Autzen stadium, in one of the top 3 games I've ever played in NCAA!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 am

Let's have someone post an AA slider set and we can try it?
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 am

dipsh wrote:Let's have someone post an AA slider set and we can try it?

Yes! I was just about to watch a movie, but I came back to say that.
    It is definitely worth a shot!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

Ok skillz when u have it ready post it
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 am

All the OS slider sets I have seen far mess with the speed threshold quite a bit, not sure if that was something you were willing to change

Only thing that worries me is that AA in user games will be easy (easy as in total score fests). I haven't played online yet, but I have read that in the AA ranked matches there is no pass rush at all.

Just some thoughts.

There is a slider set, Hartstoppers, its a heisman set but he has been working on it and working with people since the early release night and a lot of people like it. It slows the game down a bit which might help some of yall.

Bottom line is I wanna go with whatever makes the majority happy, I am just (as always) contributing my thoughts.

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 am

Also, if we wanted, we could just make minor adjustments to help those who aren't vibing with default heisman right now.

Personally, I am 8-1 with Army in my offline dyn on default heisman, the stats have been pretty great. I got killed by Boston College but the other games against teams similar to mine have been pretty stellar. Right now my QB has 14tds/13ints, 1500 yards passin, 400 yards rushin, my HB1 has 936 yards rushin, HB2 has 526 yards rushin

Now, listen, I know everyone plays differently and that's totally cool. My biggest thing is at least on Heisman, the CPU has some bite.

So, what if, to start out (and we can always change as we go) we make minor changes to the areas that people describe issues with. Thus far, that would be user rushing, cpu pass rush, and user pass rush. We could just do a +5 to Run Block, +5 to pass block, and +5 to pass rush and see if that helps?

Just an idea
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 am

Jaredlib wrote:Also, if we wanted, we could just make minor adjustments to help those who aren't vibing with default heisman right now.

Personally, I am 8-1 with Army in my offline dyn on default heisman, the stats have been pretty great. I got killed by Boston College but the other games against teams similar to mine have been pretty stellar. Right now my QB has 14tds/13ints, 1500 yards passin, 400 yards rushin, my HB1 has 936 yards rushin, HB2 has 526 yards rushin

Now, listen, I know everyone plays differently and that's totally cool. My biggest thing is at least on Heisman, the CPU has some bite.

So, what if, to start out (and we can always change as we go) we make minor changes to the areas that people describe issues with. Thus far, that would be user rushing, cpu pass rush, and user pass rush. We could just do a +5 to Run Block, +5 to pass block, and +5 to pass rush and see if that helps?

Just an idea

Honestly, this works for me. I could try and tweak the sliders a little on AA, but that's just how I play. And we can all agree on Heisman the CPU puts up a decent fight.

Sharp, should I still try to make an AA slider set? Or should we, like Jared said, have it on Heisman with slight tweaks in regard to issues we can all come to a consensus on.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 am

SkillzKillz719 wrote:
    Jaredlib wrote:Also, if we wanted, we could just make minor adjustments to help those who aren't vibing with default heisman right now.

Just an idea

Honestly, this works for me. I could try and tweak the sliders a little on AA, but that's just how I play. And we can all agree on Heisman the CPU puts up a decent fight.

Sharp, should I still try to make an AA slider set? Or should we, like Jared said, have it on Heisman with slight tweaks in regard to issues we can all come to a consensus on.

Let's just start on heisman and we will discuss tweaks as we go. I will give everyone a cupcake to play in week one.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:22 am

I'm glad we got to the heart of this thread, sliders. I actually played HartStoppers sliders last night. Game one, I played Florida vs. Miami and won 24-7 as UF. I did not feel threatened the entire game (it honestly felt a bit easy). I could certainly tell a difference in the rush game.

Next, I wanted to test it with higher stakes. So, I took Oregon State vs. Oregon. The speed twist made Oregon look silly. They racked up near 400 yards of first half offense (5 min QTRS!). It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I trailed 28-0 at half. I set the sliders back to default Hesiman and ended up losing the game around 31-10, however, they only had maybe 150 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

All that said, I'm okay with Heisman difficulty. I think a lot feels good like getting picked on stupid throws. The only thing I do miss is the ability to have a running game. I would love to bust one up the middle for a 50 yard score, or actually take a toss sweep out of the backfield.

Will continue to provide feedback.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:59 am

I'll be the first one to take the bullet lol

I feel like Heisman doesn't play sim style.

I found myself either overload blitzing, overload zone, overload man, or some combination of the both that didn't seem to work.
    With that being said, Vandy's QB Jordan Rodgers went 31-38 for 440 yards and 4 TDs. I totally understand he has the skills to do it. But his awareness is 62... I felt like he was a little too smart if you know what I mean?

And on offense very little run game from under center.
    I just felt like I was playing a video game trying to outsmart the computer, rather than playing a football game trying to out scheme my opponent.

For the sake of the league I don't mind rolling with Heisman, but if others view this as a problem as well it should be up for discussion at least.

And no I'm not gunna quit just because I lost one game in the non-conference lol.
    If this really will last multiple seasons what is this loss in the big scheme of things? Absolutely nothing.

Just a quick tune up game for my conference games! Haha. :snicker:
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:25 am

I actually agree with the fact that the game is more sim on AA. The problem is some guys will never lose a CPU game on AA. I am totally open to any discussion that anyone wants to have though. I beat the shit out of Miami's d with the run but the majority of it was out of shotgun. The weakest part of my team is the secondary and Miami's QB didn't even throw for over 180. In two games I've thrown 0 picks. The game is super hard on heisman and the CPU does some crazy cheap shit sometimes but I have to say it's not true that you have to know ways to trick the AI to win on it. I play a very slow style that relies on not turning the ball over and always playing the field position game. Let's hear lots of opinions on this though. I will do whatever keeps the league strong.
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:24 am

i feel like i had to outsmart the computer, i beat the shit out of them after a few ints but umass was within 1 pt by halftime, it was scary, i iknow im not the best player but come on they had a hb 77 ovr that was breaking 2 or 3 tackles per run and was tearing me up in the first half, he was playing like a 90 ovr.
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:26 am

dont get me wrong im down with playing on heisman but it is not sim imo. is it possible to play on aa and use a set of sliders? could be time consuming but whatever is best for the league.
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:55 pm

If aa with sliders is what we decide as a league then IMO we gotta have more user games. I think the reasoning for this is clear. If u can't figure it out. Ur a dumbass

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content