GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
canesfins
Breon6286
da5playmaker
Kingofda334
getonmylevelho
jhawk886
Rauloe
Muckem
stoptherun
JoeyJ1203
Jaredlib
TJ
Dolfinley
17 posters

Rivals 13 OD

Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Rivals 13 OD - Page 6 Empty Re: Rivals 13 OD

Post by Dolfinley Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Florida off to host start in 2012
    GAINESVILLE — The memories of John Brantley slowly seem to be fading into the abyss. With a 3-0 start to the 2012 season, the Florida Gators seem to be on their way back to the top of college football's elite.
    Florida's season started shaky in the first half against Miami, but the Gators used a second-half shutout against the Hurricanes on way to a 32-14 victory.
    The Gators went 10 quarters without allowing an offensive touchdown starting in the second half against Miami. It provided the jump start to Florida's 3-0 start which also included a 38-3 win over then No. 7 West Virginia and a 37-28 win at Texas A&M.
    Florida's schedule doesn't get any easier from here out however.
    The Gators travel to Tennessee this week for a matchup with the up and coming Volunteers. After a few down years, the Volunteers seem to be making their way back into the fold for contenders in the SEC.
    Florida coach Will Muschamp was asked about Florida's chances.
    "Obviously, they're a very fundamentally sound football team," Muschamp said. "We like to base our team around defense and so far this year we've played the way I expect us to play. Play ball like that the rest of the year and last year's far in the rear view."
    Jeff Driskel has led the team to the 3-0 start with 512 passing yards, 6 touchdowns and two interceptions. He was questionable against Texas A&M, but had a gutsy performance according to running back Mike Gillislee.
    "That's what you ask for out of a leader," Gillislee said. "It was obvious that Jeff wasn't 100 percent, but he gutted it up. He came out there, put on the pads and led our team the way a leader should."
    Will Florida's run continue this week and have the Gators at 4-0 for the first time since 2009? Or will Tennesee volunteer an ass whooping?
    Those questions and more will be answered in week 4.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm

When Ho recruits we will be advancin
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm

In the meantime, we got 3 user games next advance

Breon and I scheduled for tonight

Muck vs Stop (stop gets back tomorrow)

Urb vs Henry
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I thought I had Va Tech next
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm

You got Stop, then TMJ, then Ho.

Damn you actually started out with 4 users
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:30 pm

My bad muck, shows week 3 twice on the website so I didn't realize I had a bye. Holy crap Ho got a back loaded schedule, no wonder ND got screwed.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 am

We advanced mfers!!!!

Play Yo Shitzzzz
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:10 am

Just the three user games and 2 CPU games, should be an easy one with the bye weeks
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 am

Contact info for stop just here/psn still?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am

GG Breon. A triple overtime user game ain't nothin to fuck with. Your user skills on defense are quite impressive. I was at home with a team almost a full letter grade better and I barely squeaked by. Your patience in the pocket is something I wish I had, and something I hope to develop. Those three picks I threw, I think all in the first half too, basically sum up my biggest weakness with the game right now. My only offense in the first half was trying to scramble for any yards I could once I figured out everyone was covered perfectly, or throw a pick/get sacked.

I had a LOL moment when I completed that pass in one of the over-times and a penalty flag came out, I thought it was facemask which woulda put me on the goal line with a first down and I did the whole "jump out of my chair and say Yes!" thing only to have that "omfg deep moment of sad realization fml smh" when it was offensive holding on my WR lol.

Wow....this game is interesting. I guess the bottom line is sacks are better than INTs, I am gonna just have to start eating the ball instead of forcing shit when I play a talented user like Breon cuz he will make you pay.

Breon6286
    Breon6286

Post by Breon6286 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am

thanks for the praise Jared...your D is sick...those INT's were the only reason I was in it at all. Good luck the rest of the way...hope to see you in a bigger game at the end of the year.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:12 pm

VT Early Season Recap

Week 1

VT got off to a good start downing fellow ranked opponent KSU. VT also landed their first recruit, a 2* MLB who will never see field action in his 4 years, but is there simply to spit shine Obama's shoes.

Week 2

Another W for VT, this time downing the mentally challenged GT option attack. It was raining, it was soggy, and Obama's shoes were dirty. No new recruits, fucking homo's.

Week 3

VT investigating fraudulent activity in their recent loss, stating officials may have been payed by Les Miles to sway calls towards LSU, most notably being a long passing play late in the 4th that was ruled incomplete, when it was obvious the player caught the ball in bounds. VT suspects LSU paid either an official to not review the play, or maybe hired thugs stole the replay officials lunch money and got him grounded for the game. No new recruits... shit heads.

Week 4 "The Bye"

Previous Head Coach Frank "Da Tank" Beamer came by the campus after downing 4-7 four loco's, talked shit to Obama about losing 6-3 to LSU, Beamer now on a first class ticket to Guantanamo Bay.

Logan Thomas reportedly beat his RT senseless, early reports indicate soap and pillow cases may have been involved.

Still no new recruits, Obama has the following message for the top 5 recruiting targets of VT, "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you cool, and fuck you I'm out."
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:06 pm

So Stop's recruited, glad to see he's home safe. If he and Muck can hook up today all we need is urb to recruit and Ho to play the CPU/recruit and we good to go.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Rumor on the street is stop and muck trying for around 4:30 est....

Florida Boys - Do Yo Thang
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm

I'll try to recruit at work. If not it'll have to wait til I get home.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 am

So here's the deal.

In workers we changed it up this year and for the first season did not put in a recruiting limit rule.

For rivals, no rule has been posted or announced publicly, well until tonight. I am totally cool with the 70+3 recruiting limit, it's great, but, I had no idea we were still using it and I offered a scholly to a guy I never, ever would have who insta'd. That guy isn't going to count against me. He's a 70 ovr guy that can only play FB. I would never have offered him a scholly without first knowing for sure whether or not other, more important recruits, would sign first. He's getting cut. I shouldn't have to pay because only one person was told the rules before today. His name is Garrett Moss. I am continuing on as if he never existed. Bottom line is I went from thinking I could sign 20 guys I had targetted to only being able to sign 14, there is no fuckin way had anyone ever posted one thing saying we are sticking with the recruiting limit that I would have offered a 70 ovr FB (fully scouted) a scholly to take the place of any of these 79+ rated, fully scouted, guys still on my board that have me first. I'm already conceding an insane amount of talent to adust to the limit, I think it's fair that I get a mulligan on this one guy considering rules wre never posted. I probably will never get dealt this good of a hand again with recruiting, for the first time ever I wish I had more seniors.

I think it's a fair compromise.

And on that note, since we are using the recuiting limit, I have 14 schollys available for the year (10 seniors leaving, 69 guys on roster, +3) this year, and 4 remaining at the moment.

For those that dont know how it works, ask someone to explain it to you.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 am

VT's response to this situation,

Rivals 13 OD - Page 6 Barack_obama_lol_gif
    canesfins
    canesfins

Post by canesfins Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Tennessee's and Derek Dooleys response to recruiting limit:
    Rivals 13 OD - Page 6 Jaguars-fan-gif
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 pm

This is why I didn't wanna rush starting things but you impatient Mfers get what you asked for.

Recruiting rule is the same as always for the 7-8 of you that have always been here. Idfk why anyone would think it would change that has been in rivals and done multitudes of seasons with me.

If this is your first year with us, I understand but I've said it in the chat on multiple occassions.

For the record, the recruiting rule is:
    You may sign up to 73 players on your roster. Usually this can be done by signing the amount of seniors or players leaving plus three. Sometimes if you don't sign a big class it will be more. This allows three cuts.

Anymore questions just ask...but just use your head as a basic rule of thumb.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I believe the NCAA should investigate Jared for cheese-recruiting. I believe he has found a button mashing glitch to get commits.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:15 pm

PLAY YO SHITTTTTT MFERSSSS

lol muck

me n buddie playin tonight incase ne of yall wonderin...

Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 pm

wow lost to GT shit was dumb lol. Mfers scored a TD on a hail mary to go into overtime. Im screwed lol
    canesfins
    canesfins

Post by canesfins Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:40 pm

PS3 turned off but i was in the first quarter only, i even said it the chat when i started the game and it happened shortly after. First quarter 7-7 so its not a big deal as if it happened in the 4th lol. Just explaining if it shows up as 1 restart why lol

since the score was 7-7 in the 1st when it got shut off, I even gave Boise 1 free touchdown to start the new game Smile
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 pm

i tried to tell urb's ass that it wasn't as cut and dry as he made it out to be when we talked about the recruiting limit...and that he should post rules if he wants to a. enforce them and b. for people to be aware.

splff would be ashamed.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 pm

IF anybody is experiencing game play lag, like I have been the last couple times I played, try checking for a system update, I must have missed one and now that I have it problem solved.

I also did the file restore trick that TMJ talked about, so try that too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm