GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
jusblaze09
jhawk886
stoptherun
splff3000
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
dclark44
11 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

dclark44
    dclark44

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 9 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by dclark44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 am

I think maybe recruiting limits for certain caliber players should be brought back in. It really hurts when a team like Oklahoma can't sign anyone but Texas, ND, UF can all sign 15 5* players
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:If ya'll haven't seen that tv show 'The Walking Dead', check it out. I think it comes out soon on Blue-ray or whatever. I had it tivo'd for a long time, and just started watching it a couple days ago. I watched 3 episodes earlier tonight and I'm about to knock out the finale. It's only 6 episodes, but definitely worth watching. I never thought they would be able to make a tight Zombie show, but this one actually lives up to the billing. Doesn't hurt that Frank Darabount, who directed 'The Shawshank Redemption', has total control over the series and it's based on a graphic novel, so you can't screw the story up too much since it's already there. I'm definitely looking forward to season two and this finale. Only thing that is going to suck is that now I'm totally into it and will have to wait multiple months to get on a roll of episodes again.

Just a heads up, but the finale is very underwhelming. It seemed like they weren't expecting to have a season 2 or something when they did these because the finale is just like any other episode. There's no cliff hanger or nothing. I love the show though. That shit was real tight. I wouldn't buy a blu ray for 6 episodes. If your cable company has AMC on demand you might be able to see them all for free. That's what kid did when I told him about the show.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 am

dclark44 wrote:I think maybe recruiting limits for certain caliber players should be brought back in. It really hurts when a team like Oklahoma can't sign anyone but Texas, ND, UF can all sign 15 5* players
    It just depends on the year. It depends on who gets lucky at the start with having 5* guys list you as #1 on their boards. This is the first year I've had more than 2 5*s list me as their #1 from the get go and I had 8 this year, that's why I've done so good. Last year was stop's year. The year before that was Urban's I think. It's just luck depending on the beginning of the season and then how you strategize going after players. You have to pick the right guys to go after, know when to drop people, and have a little bit of luck in picking up early recruits so you can move on to other guys. That's why stop was so dominant last year, because he had all those week 1 instant commits. It's basically luck. Oklahoma and Alabama's time will surely come soon (Although for Bama it may be longer now that you aren't 6*s anymore).
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 am

dclark44 wrote:I think maybe recruiting limits for certain caliber players should be brought back in. It really hurts when a team like Oklahoma can't sign anyone but Texas, ND, UF can all sign 15 5* players

Exaggeration much. I think 8 is the highest anyones ever signed and its not like it happens every year with the same team. Just look at how Texas is fairing this year. I've had a couple of not so good classes and a couple of awesome ones.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:11 am

What the fuck. Jhawk that makes me jealous.

We played in a title game and can't get shit.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:11 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    It just depends on the year. It depends on who gets lucky at the start with having 5* guys list you as #1 on their boards. This is the first year I've had more than 2 5*s list me as their #1 from the get go and I had 8 this year, that's why I've done so good. Last year was stop's year. The year before that was Urban's I think. It's just luck depending on the beginning of the season and then how you strategize going after players. You have to pick the right guys to go after, know when to drop people, and have a little bit of luck in picking up early recruits so you can move on to other guys. That's why stop was so dominant last year, because he had all those week 1 instant commits. It's basically luck. Oklahoma and Alabama's time will surely come soon (Although for Bama it may be longer now that you aren't 6*s anymore).

You can't tell me its "luck". The last three years stop and urban have had retarded recruiting classes. Just outrageous. I was a 6 * program and never had the classes they did. So its not "luck", its not skill either. Its fucking bullshit
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 am

Jaredlib wrote:What the fuck. Jhawk that makes me jealous.

Welcome to my life.

You should be able to dominate Cali soon though.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 am

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #8 Alabama Crimson Tide (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 57-21 against Ole Miss (4-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Quentin Bray has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) C Andre Joseph has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) CB Joe Johnson has committed to Auburn
    - (*****) RG John Davis has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) WR Michael McCoy has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) LT Cedric Colbert has committed to Alabama
    - (***) ROLB Marcus McGee has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) DT Dan Wilkinson has committed to Auburn
    - (****) RE Adam Marshall has committed to Alabama
    - (****) WR Steve Castillo has committed to Alabama

=============== #1 Florida Gators (6-0) ===============
    Last week the Gators were idle.
    This week, the Gators travel to Jacksonville to face the #18 Georgia Bulldogs (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Brett Morris has committed to Auburn
    - (*****) TE Mark Clark has committed to Georgia
    - (*****) CB Brandon Tyler has committed to Florida
    - (****) FS Matt Cantrell has committed to Florida

=============== #12 Florida State Seminoles (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 52-21 against Virginia (3-3).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Ronnie Bradshaw has committed to North Texas
    - (****) TE Kris Peoples has committed to Florida State
    - (****) QB Derrick Anderson has committed to Florida State

=============== #7 Miami Hurricanes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 35-10 against Maryland (3-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR John Darby has committed to Miami
    - (****) TE Tony Butler has committed to Boston College
    - (****) FS Matt Cantrell has committed to Florida
    - (****) WR David Brooks has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (*****) TE Kyle Washington has committed to Penn State
    - (***) RT Bernard Wallace has committed to Miami
    - (****) DT Kendall Miller has committed to Miami

=============== #23 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 43-14 against Purdue (3-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to East Lansing to face the #25 Michigan State Spartans (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Dustin Gold has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) LT Jerrell Sanders has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) SS Micah Hall has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) QB Willie Barber has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 77-20 against Kansas State (2-4).
    This week, the Sooners will host Kansas (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) DT Steven Grier has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) CB Terrance Bryan has committed to TCU

=============== #21 Michigan Wolverines (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 35-10 against Notre Dame (6-0).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to University Park to face the #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Kevin Mitchell has committed to Michigan
    - (***) MLB Cedric Sykes has committed to Boston College

=============== #10 Auburn Tigers (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 27-21 against Arkansas (2-4).
    This week, the Tigers will host #14 LSU (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Dwayne Burke has committed to Auburn
    - (**) FB Joe Cooper has committed to Georgia
    - (****) C Andre Joseph has committed to Alabama
    - (*****) CB Joe Johnson has committed to Auburn
    - (*****) QB Brett Morris has committed to Auburn

=============== #3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 35-10 against Michigan (4-2).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host Boston College (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Michael McCoy has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) DT Steven Grier has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) LT Jerrell Sanders has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) CB Brandon Tyler has committed to Florida

=============== #11 Texas Longhorns (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 70-17 against Missouri (4-2).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT James Baker has committed to Iowa
    - (*****) CB Terrance Bryan has committed to TCU
    - (*****) TE Mark Clark has committed to Georgia
    - (*****) HB Phillip Hines has committed to Texas

=============== Cal Golden Bears (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 35-30 against Oregon (5-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Arizona (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Phillip Stewart has committed to Cal
    - (***) CB Damien Peters has committed to Cal
    - (****) HB Carlos Wade has committed to Cal
    - (****) LOLB Greg Lynch has committed to Cal
    - (****) CB William Morris has committed to Cal

=============== #2 USC Trojans (5-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 28-11 against Stanford (1-4).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Eugene to face the #20 Oregon Ducks (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Alex Holmes has committed to USC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:15 am

Clark complains after signing 6 guys in one week. That's one less than I've got all year.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:15 am

dclark44 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:

You can't tell me its "luck". The last three years stop and urban have had retarded recruiting classes. Just outrageous. I was a 6 * program and never had the classes they did. So its not "luck", its not skill either. Its fucking bullshit

Florida and Texas have always had ridiculous classes in NCAA. Used to be USC too but they have fallen off a bit. It's because they're the biggest schools in the 3 most popular states for recruits. Shit I remember in NCAA 2009 Hova was getting ridiculous classes with Florida. He was getting players with 99 speed left and right. In fact, that's the reason I had team restrictions for NCAA 10. As long as someone knows what they're doing, recruiting is gonna be real easy for Texas and Florida.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:15 am

dclark44 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:

I never had those classes either man. This is the first year I've had "one of those classes". And they do have a definite advantage being based in Florida and Texas along with USC in Cali. I have no such advantage as I'm in lowly Indiana. If it isn't luck then how did I end up with a class which rivals theirs of the past couple of years? I have no other explanation, unless it's just that contrary to blaze's assertion, players want to play for Notre Dame. Maybe Catholicism is making a resurgence. Wink
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 am

Joker12 wrote:

Welcome to my life.

I doubt that seeing as everyone and their mother has Cali as a pipeline. If a Cali kid doesn't care about staying close to home, it's going to be a battle.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 am

I don't even know why I recruit anymore. No instant commits, you can have people soft committed to you, A+ visit and decide to take their shitty ass talent to another school
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:19 am

jusblaze09 wrote:
    Joker12 wrote:

Welcome to my life.

I doubt that seeing as everyone and their mother has Cali as a pipeline. If a Cali kid doesn't care about staying close to home, it's going to be a battle.

But Cali has soooo many recruits. When I was Cal, I never even worried about 4 and 5* recruits most of the time because the 3*s were just as good a lot of the time and they were easier to recruit because no one was going after them. Once I got Cal up to 5*(they were 3* when I took over) it was real easy recruiting in Cali.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:20 am

The thing that worries me the most is my lack of speed. Next year I need to focus on that.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:21 am

9 people online at 1:20 in the morning. If this dynasty doesn't kick ass, I don't know what does. 7 months later and stronger than ever.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:21 am

dclark44 wrote:I don't even know why I recruit anymore. No instant commits, you can have people soft committed to you, A+ visit and decide to take their shitty ass talent to another school

Same thing happened to me with the center. He was soft committed to me for 2 weeks and he still left and signed with you. I'm not quite sure why either recruit switched up but it seems that whatever happened to you with the DT, happened to me with the C.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 am

Well I needed the center, I guess I can just go out and get another dt. I wanted that 5 star athlete though
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:26 am

dclark44 wrote:Well I needed the center, I guess I can just go out and get another dt. I wanted that 5 star athlete though

lol, I needed him bad!!! My secondary is hot garbage so any kind of help was gonna go a long way. I didn't care if you took all those other players just as long as he came to me.

I needed Brett Morris too. I'm sure him and Jon Collins will have plenty of battles in the future as the QB's of our respective teams. I wanted Collins too with Morris but he was 5* and that was gonna take a lot of time that I needed to use on other people. You basically got him as a gift because no one went after him. It should be fun in future seasons when they both take the field. .
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:28 am

I went for him just to cut him, don't want a scrambler qb. He's off my board, feel free to get him now
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 am

Winner of Iowa/PSU is going undefeated, so you might as well get prepared for someone playing the CPU in the NC game.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07 am

soooooooo much bullshit..whoopin duke's ass at 2 am in the morning and the shit decides to freeze as i'm coming out of a super sim defense

maybe these bitches just need to come out with a patch or something since it is obviously happening more than it should
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 am

jusblaze09 wrote:Winner of Iowa/PSU is going undefeated, so you might as well get prepared for someone playing the CPU in the NC game.
    Damn...Penn State just opened up a can. Rauloe could still knock them off though. Plus they still have tough games against Michigan State and Oregon State left on their schedule as well. Hopefully they lose at least one of those games preferably 2, and they also beat Iowa. But Iowa could also lose this week against Wisconsin. Plus crazier upsets have happened before. I think last year (before splff joined) Auburn lost to Troy or some shit, pretty crazy. Hopefully it all works out. I just didn't think about scheduling teams that were in conferences that we have users in. It's really crazy that neither Big 10 user plays Iowa.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:29 am

Well, I'm about to start trying to whoop Georgia's ass at 2:30 in the morning and if it freezes on me I'm going to be pissed as hell. I haven't had one do it yet, that I remember, so hopefully it doesn't start that shit now.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

getonmylevelho wrote:soooooooo much bullshit..whoopin duke's ass at 2 am in the morning and the shit decides to freeze as i'm coming out of a super sim defense

maybe these bitches just need to come out with a patch or something since it is obviously happening more than it should

No lil remark about the too many restarts after this post? Hmmm, I wonder why. j/k The game is defective tho. I've been trying to tell yall that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 pm