GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
stoptherun
getonmylevelho
dipsh
KidIcarus27
splff3000
urbanslegend05
Joker12
Jaredlib
12 posters

Workers 2012

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Workers 2012 - Page 35 Empty Re: Workers 2012

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:18 am

Stupidest fucking game ever. I can promise you that I will be changing the penalty settings in Rivals. There isn't any need to even take a vote on it, bc that was the stupidest shit I've ever seen. In fact, if they don't change in here next season, you can count me out for year two. If you wanna know why I'm mad then you can look at my 4 touchdowns that I had called back. You could look at the numberous third downs I converted only to have called back and you could look at the two times they got an extra try at a first down (both of which they got) after two encroachment penalties on me when I wasn't even set to aggressive. 11 penalties on me that game. 11. 11. 11. Fucking 11. That's the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen especially when there's 9 holding/clipping calls. Not once did my offensive lineman jump offside. I had 9 fucking holding/clipping penalties. I don't know whose bright idea it was to adjust the penalty slider but I went along with it bc I thought they must know something I don't. Anyways, I saw it first hand how forcking lame it can be to play a game and have the cpu totally fucking screw you. Retarded ass shit. Seriously, if you read this and think that there's nothing wrong with the penalty settings after hearing what happened you're smoking crack. That shit is whack and needs to be changed.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 am

The penalty setting was taken directly from the slider page, from the dude who made the original set before the tweaks.

I get that you had a bad game but that shit happens in real life. I haven't seen anything close to that.

11 penalties isn't that insane in a real life game. The fact that most of them are holding or clipping is due to the fact that some penalties, like PI, never ever get called so that penalty yardage has to come from somewhere.

If you wnt to drop it a notch or whatever I get it but bringing it back to 50 is dumb because at 50 you get 1 or 2 a game and thats not realistic. Penalties are a part of the game, some teams average close to 120 penalty yards a game in real life.

ITs not the CPU screwing you, its based on ratings.

It also helps to keep yardage more realistic, one thing I have really enjoyed about the games since we adjusted shit is that I dont see 500 yards of offense every single time anymore.

Again, bring holding and clipping down a click if you want to but dont nerf it because penalties happen and we need it.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:27 am

Also, and I hate to sound like a dick, but it seems like unless we all go 12-0 nobody is happy. We aren't supposed to be winning every game right now.

Just my opinion.

Ideally I would have a slider set that made everything super realistic and nobody would ever feel cheated but thats impossible. Losing sucks, I know, but shit happens. Lets wait until tomorrow until we decide to throw shit out the window?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 am

I'm sorry Jared, but there's no holding button in the 'video game'. I realize you're trying to make shit realistic, but how many times have you ever seen 4 touchdowns called back due to holding. To me nothing is more frustrating. I've lost 3 other games in this dynasty. Have I said anything after those? 11 penalties is stupid. I play the game to have fun, not to throw a controller through my 2k dollar television at 2:30 in the morning bc of some fucked up penalty setting. If it was something that I was doing or something beating me, that's one thing, but when I've got 4 touchdowns called back bc of holding/clipping and who knows how many other drives killed in the game bc of 9 holding/clipping calls, that's the ultime in unrealistic. No offense to you. I realize that you're super anal about the realism issue, but this shit has to go or I do.
    TheWeatherMan
    TheWeatherMan

Post by TheWeatherMan Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:I realize that you're super anal about the realism issue, but this shit has to go or I do.

Well, see ya later Urban. I know im sure gonna miss you.

At least this will free up some time so you can focus on your art shows.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 am

lol

u fuckin guys

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:06 am

I am all for trying out the holding and clipping a click or two lower man, don't get me wrong. I want us all to be happy.

Also, putting impact blocking, not holding blocks, but impact block to conservative really cuts down on penalties and actually barely affects success. Holding blocks does, so dont change that one, but impact blocking on conservative brings penalties down.

Just wanna make it clear this isnt a deal breaker, just explaining why I like it where its at, but since we tried my preference its only fair we try others preferences too.

Anyway, we can smooth it all out
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:19 am

If your o line sucks and their d line doesn't, and you throw the ball a lot, you're gonna get those calls. Like Jared said , put blocking on conservative. Come on urbs, everytime you lise , you act like its some global conspiracy against you. I haven't seen more than 4 ,5 penalties in any one game this whole year.... Tops.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:37 am

Check out the stats man. It's there. I'm not just making it up. Btw, this is my 8th loss or 12. We haven't had 8 globalconspiracies.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

I get a shit ton of penalties in my games with KU as well. It is definitely based on your players' ratings. We haven't seen these type of games in rivals because we all have much better teams. I don't think we need to change them in Rivals.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

If you don't need to change them in rivals you don't need to change them in here.... It's kinda the point of having to pick lower ranked teams... It's an obstacle to overcome.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 am

KidIcarus27 wrote:If you don't need to change them in rivals you don't need to change them in here.... It's kinda the point of having to pick lower ranked teams... It's an obstacle to overcome.
    I agree. I've lost 4 in a row and have gotten totally fucked in three of them. I'm in no way happy about this shit in here but as far as the sliders and penalties go. It's supposed to be tougher. I think they're fine.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 am

Kid did you read my first post or just the first sentence? I already said I'm changing them in rivals. This is only the second game I played with them and like I said, it was just stupid.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Kid did you read my first post or just the first sentence? I already said I'm changing them in rivals. This is only the second game I played with them and like I said, it was just stupid.
    I was responding to Hawk saying they didn't need to be changed. Did you read the whole thread or just the posts with your name in them? Very Happy I swear I've never seen you lose without saying you've gotten screwed somehow. Lol you gotta adjust your style to the game sometime man .. you can't always adjust the game to suit you ...
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Kid did you read my first post or just the first sentence? I already said I'm changing them in rivals. This is only the second game I played with them and like I said, it was just stupid.
    Seriously man, chill out.

Have you seen anything similar to that from anyone's games in Rivals? No, we haven't.

And you can't just start fucking arbitrarily changing shit up because you feel like it needs it. If it needs it, we can all chime in and adjust if everybody agrees.

This is OUR OD where you are the commish/leader, this is not YOUR OD where you can do whatever the fuck you feel like. That's not how you ran this last year and you need to check yourself and stop running shit that way this year.

You already arbitrarily took a course of action that cost us a good, committed OD member; and now you're changing shit around without getting any community input, because you had one bad game in a completely different OD. That's bullshit.

Penalty sliders are a minor thing, but the more you make these arbitrary decisions you're just going to feel empowered and entitled to change whatever you want whenever you want to. Nobody should have that kind of power.

We joined this OD because you were a good leader last year and we enjoyed playing with everyone in here; we didn't join to have you run this as a dictator.

So seriously, chill out and stop making rash decisions. I like you urban, you've always been a great member and a good leader on this shit but seriously, you need to relax; you are taking this shit way to serious this year and you need to consider the other 11 people in here before you make decisions that affect the whole OD. You may have a few or even most of the people in here stick with you regardless of what you do; but I know if you keep running this shit like you're goddamn Joseph Stalin you're going to lose more than a few of us.

We have GOT to have a 48-hour rule after a loss before ANY changes are made. ESPECIALLY for the commish, given the power he has.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 am

Well you guys are cool and I've had a lot of fun but if I see 17 penalties in the PAC 12 championship I will be retiring. I don't expect or care if anyone gives a shit but I will never be convinced that it's realistic at all. No one in here can say I have a conspiracy theory every time I lose. Like I said before don't change it just for me. Maybe it's the way I play the game but I refuse to play another game like my last 2.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

Have we advanced to conference championships yet?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Thank you dip for having some God damn sense. I actually said when i posted this, dip will get this, but I knew there would be people on crack as well.

Kid, again, I've lost 8 games in 12. That's almost as many as I've won. Idk if you just wanna hate on me, but if so that's fine. At least I'll never have to worry about losing a game to you Smile

Hawk, I'm not even gonna read that long ass post, but your not goin to convince me that 9 holding penalties in an 8 minute quarter game is realistic. My line is as good or better than the one at Florida. I've only played one CPU game with Florida since the slider changed. Only two with usf. In my opinion it's just stupid. This isn't real. There's no holdin button. 9 of them? You would have a hard time ever finding a real game with nine holding penalties....by both teams combined. Teams usually don't get 11 penalties and when they do it's a combination of things, not just holding.

In short, some of you are on crack.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Ok hawk I just went back and read it. If you don't like the way I run things, you're free to leave. I don't need to hear your bitching. I never took action on Zeph. He left on his own. I didn't throw outthe win. I have him a warning told him if he didn't change his game he was gone. That's what I'd do for anyone that. That's what I did for vj when you guys complained last year and I never played him. Funny how you didnt have a problem with that. This isn't a case of EA screwing me. It's a case of penalties being way over done with the slider maxed up so. I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's how it is.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Ok hawk I just went back and read it. If you don't like the way I run things, you're free to leave. I don't need to hear your bitching. I never took action on Zeph. He left on his own. I didn't throw outthe win. I have him a warning told him if he didn't change his game he was gone. That's what I'd do for anyone that. That's what I did for vj when you guys complained last year and I never played him. Funny how you didnt have a problem with that. This isn't a case of EA screwing me. It's a case of penalties being way over done with the slider maxed up so. I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's how it is.

How diplomatic of you.... Waytogo
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Ok hawk I just went back and read it. If you don't like the way I run things, you're free to leave. I don't need to hear your bitching. I never took action on Zeph. He left on his own. I didn't throw outthe win. I have him a warning told him if he didn't change his game he was gone. That's what I'd do for anyone that. That's what I did for vj when you guys complained last year and I never played him. Funny how you didnt have a problem with that. This isn't a case of EA screwing me. It's a case of penalties being way over done with the slider maxed up so. I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's how it is.

Wait a minute!! Wait a fucking minute!!! Let me get this straight....you lost a game in WORKERS and want to change the settings in RIVALS? WTF? Look man, you know I think we're cool and all, but what the fuck is wrong with you? I got nothing to say about the zeph thing. I totally agree that it's his fault that he left. I've said that plenty of times, but this shit is totally fucking stupid. Here I am posting in Rivals about how my cpu games are feeling like user games, and because of some shit that happened in another completely different OD, you're going to change shit? Just because you lost? Fuck you man. Seriously. What kind of shit is that.

Hawk is right man. You're different this year. I guess cause you're losing more or something this year, but you're different. I'm starting to agree that we do need a 48hr rule after losses. Well at least your ass does. This shit is stupid. I was getting more upset the more I read your posts. Now that you're losing and not winning 5 championships, your true colors are showing. They ain't looking too good right now man. You looking like a ugly mfer to me right now bro. Have a vote. It's that easy. Peace
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Splff I think you're reading this the wrong way. I'm changing no sliders. The game played great. Wvu beat my ass fair and square as far as gameplay goes. All I'm doing is turning down the penalty for holding/clipping bc we maxed them out.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Holy shit, just signed on and its like the old days when I would wake up and check Rivals first thing to see what I missed.

I gotta head out for an hour, but I will respond with some thoughts in a bit.

But wait, isn't holding or clipping set at like 53 or 55? soething like that?

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:01 pm

And btw I could give two shits that I lost that game. I already had the conference locked up. I just think the holding is way to juiced and I dont want someone else to have to play a game as stupid as I did. 1-2 holdings a game is fine. 3-4 I'm aggravated. 9...something is seriously stupid
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Jared if that's the case I won't be changing anything and just had a seriously retarded game. I may go back to 50, but definitely not lower than that. The only reason I thought this was an issue is bc ibthought they were maxed to 100. If they aren't I stand corrected and just had a really weird game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:55 am