GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scouting Reports on Virus

dipsh
    dipsh

Scouting Reports on Virus Empty Scouting Reports on Virus

Post by dipsh Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.
    ihubbard
    ihubbard

Scouting Reports on Virus Empty Re: Scouting Reports on Virus

Post by ihubbard Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Offense-
    Run Heavy. Be ready to stop the run.

He will run a play with Wrs lined up to the right and it is a stretch run to left (weak side). He is going to try to get to the outside, so be sure to try and make him cut back to the middle. Careful though, this play setups an effective play action play that he will hit a TE for a 10-15 yrd gain.

Doesn't run the read-option a whole lot, but will on occasion. And since he has been pounding away with the rb, the D will most likely bite on the RB and the QB is capable of getting a handful or yards.

Bottom line is he is going to run the ball and he knows you know that, but still has enough options to get 4-5 yards at a time. He will also occasionally throw a hitch when he sees you backed off the receivers. My best advice would be to try and get him in long down situations where he is forced to throw on 2nd and 3rd.

Defense-
    Don't have a whole lot to note here.
    In our game he saw that I was trying to establish the run and so he began to load the box. This proved effective for the most part, but did leave him vulnerable to a couple of deep balls for easy TDs.

He was able to effectively slow down the read option game. My advice is if you use the read option a lot, try and use as many different looks as possible. Also try and use his aggressiveness to your advantage and hit receivers off of play action plays.
    Keep Wreckinn
    Keep Wreckinn

Post by Keep Wreckinn Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am

Offense- was pretty balanced throughout the game, he was behind most of the game so that could have been why he passed more than hub stated above. I could tell that he wanted to run more than he wanted to pass. Tried to stem play action after long gains on the ground. Ran aton of screens and is really good at recongizing when i blitz and then running a screen right behind it. Im pretty sure he ran a two QB system but that really didnt make a difference. Ran the zone read probably 5 times but never had success. Good in the passing game targetted the TE the most. Overall great player.

Defense- didnt really recongize much here he just left the middle open and i just tried to run it right up in there. Blitzed alot which left him vulnerable in man coverage and inwas able to get big gains in the pass from that.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 pm

offense- his offense was similar to last year, but he passes a lot more. That was probably because I jumped out to a pretty good lead early on. Last year he ran all the time and there was nothing you could do about it. He still ran it on me but he never tried to establish early on. saw only 1 or 2 read options. His QBs are fast as fuck and they break every god damn tackle. One of his QBs plays free safety too. Like running the stick n nod play when he needed a crucial 3rd down. Ran no huddle most of the game. Knows when to take a shot down the field if he sees your corners pressing.

defense- he was a lot more aggressive on defense this year than last year. Did a lot of run committing. I dont know if it was just a couple misses assignments or what but I had receivers wide open down the field on him on just basic streak routes. Once you see his corners pressing you, the deep ball is gonna be there, even if you have average receivers. 2 or 3 of my TDs came from this and I should have had another one. His defense is the complete opposite of a bend but dont break defense.

My advice to you would be to get the ball first and try and get points on the board EARLY on him. He can win games by just outsmarting you alone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm