GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scouting Reports on Chugg18

dipsh
    dipsh

Scouting Reports on Chugg18 Empty Scouting Reports on Chugg18

Post by dipsh Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Scouting Reports on Chugg18 Empty Re: Scouting Reports on Chugg18

Post by dipsh Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Chugg-Arizona State

We had a really nice back and forth game in BEAUTIFUL Bloomington, Indiana. I finally pulled away a little at the end but it was close throughout.

Offense- when he puts Eubank in the game at QB he never throws with him, so expect some type of option play. Didn't try to scramble with his QBs. All of his runs were off tackle and hardly ever up the gut. Loves to do the seam route down the middle with his TEs and his slot receiver. Some times those two receivers will be right by each other streaking down the field. He will definitely throw in a screen or two just to change it up. Also, after I turned the ball over and after my punt, he went play action and bombed it deep. So watch out for that.

Defense- 4 down linemen for the most part. Whenever he needed to make a stop on 3rd and medium-long he would almost always go to man coverage. Just like his screens on offense, he will throw in a hard blitz every once in a while. There wasn't a specific time he would do it though. He couldn't stop the read option so I knew I could go to that whenever I needed to.

Overall it was a good game

Written by Cookie
    Ttech96

Scouting Reports on Chugg18 Empty Double OT Great game..against TTU96 (Oregon St)

Post by Ttech96 Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 am

A very nice blend of Option style new age Football and Westcoast offense. Excellent defense serval difficult zones and very nice LB play.

We had a very competitive game as you can see by the double OT win. I did have to come back late to tie. I have had a bit of time to process this win I believe he should have walked away with the victory but I managed a tie. The OTs were hard hitting and fun to play. not much of wordsmith.....I did enjoy playing someone of the same skill level.

Thank you for the great game.

TTU96

Last edited by Ttech96 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 am

I lost 23-7

Offense - Chugg for the most part plays a ball control style offense. One thing you don't wanna do is give him an early 17-0 lead like I did. He is not the gunslinger type of player that will let you back in a game by turning the ball over. He mixes his play calling up well but if he's having success running he will continue to pound it until you stop it. He beat me up early with the shotgun counter and read option runs. If he is in a single back formation look for the stretch runs. His favorite pass play is the TE down the seam which he hit me for a TD with. However in this game he picked up a few key first downs with some short to medium curl routes. I've played Chugg a thousand times and the key to beating him usually is to stop his run and force him to pass. He will throw picks if you can stuff his run.

Defense - He had me locked down all game here. Without looking at stats I'd say I had decent success running the ball but when I had to pass there was no one open. I'm not sure if it was home field advantage or me giving up the momentum early but his db's were no joke. Man, zone, blitz it didn't matter. My receivers were blanketed. He's always been very good at mixing up defenses so there isn't really one thing to key on. I got a big first down by throwing it straight to his man in man coverage cuz he controls the MLB in coverage and like me he's no Cookie when it comes to the user ball hawk shit but he is very good against the run with his MLB.

Overall - fun player to play. Plays by the book. Will never run the score up and will never just run cheesey money plays repeatedly. On a side note.... Fuck him and fuck ASU and fuck me chokin on my dick down the stretch! Two wins away from the pac12 title and I fuck it up!
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 am

Arizona State chugg

I've played this dude a lot of times and he's a super sim style player which is nice

Offense- he likes to run the ball to set up play action. In my game against him he had 5 yards a carry and should've just kept runnin and play actioning cause as soon as I went up by 7 in the 4th he spread out and threw 3 picks. I didn't beat him cause I outplayed him....he lost cause of those picks

Defense- I seemed to have a lot of room to pass....I'm not sure if he was only playin one deep or like cover 2 maybe but my flags and posts were open a lot. Couldn't find a whole lot of runnin room and didn't really notice a preference of a defensive formation

With this guy you have to try to get him out of his game plan early and hope he makes a mistake or two
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am

O- plays mostly under center and mixed runs up the middle with play action to keep you on your toes.... Will go to a 3 wide TE set every once in a while with Eubank and runs zone read or catch you off guard with a pass... Overall it was fun sim style game and Watch out for a sneaky play action, he hit me for a 80 yard TD bomb... Kinda caught me asleep on d....

D- plays mostly man but did throw some Zone in. Loaded the box when he thought I was running and uses the MLB to run around and make plays.... I caught him once or twice watching the wrong person when he should have been guarding my HB or TE... He is more of a run stuffer which can open some passing lanes but overall he plays some good D...

Good game overall man and maybe next season I can come to Sun Devil Stadium for round 2
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Offense - Mixes it up well. Ran a lot of play action. Good at timing curls and outs. Has a very accurate QB (Kelly) who is tough to stop. Didn't target one area with his passes. He spread it around well. Threw maybe 3 bad balls all game. Brings in his running QB (Eubanks) but doesn't really just run with him. Didn't run the spread counter runs that he hurt me with last year. Most runs looked like read options but only had success running when I was expecting pass.

Defense - kept loading the box cuz I ran a lot. The problem was bringing everyone in killed him when I got the edge. Wants to cry about read option but it was mostly powers, sweeps and off tackles that chewed him up. Ran a lot of 3 man d line which shouldn't be great vs the run.

Overall fun player to play. Usually doesn't whine about why he lost and call it cheese but he may be on the rag today or something?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm