GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Lol yeah, I wish I could look at the scoring summary. In the box score it showed 35 attempts with Dalton and I think 26 with MJD. But this is what his 3rd or 4th rule break? How many more chances does someone need lol. His rookie CB had 2 INT TDs, would like to know when those occurred
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Organizedchaos wrote:I felt bored vs the eagles myself. Worried of stat padding, I was up 35-3 at the half and he scored 17 unanswered points because I was so predictable on offense. If I'm losing I don't want to be babied, beat me down if you can. Not like in this league we can run one play the whole time, so there's still strategy involved IMO. Chaos out!

Just to point out i've never bitched bout gettin beat i've been blown out and never asked anyone for mercy. If you choose to i respect that. but i'm gonna still try unless the picks get ridic. as far skins game one thing bout me choas don't worry bout me I'm a big boy if i can't stop something that's my problem. I know i've told guys before don't let up on my account. chaos i would be pissed if you let up and i won. don't do that for my sake. you won't catch me on here bitching bout a loss. I get more upset bout myself than the player
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

OK so what's clear here is a lack of communicaton for when it's ok to keep scoring and when it's not ok. Some users say keep playing and some want you to let up of the gas when you get a big lead. I say my point about sending a message that you concede defeat seems like a good idea. That way, if you don't see a message, you keep playing. If you do, you know to let up, but they have to let up as well. They are pretty much saying they want the game over as quick as possible and they should be running clock.... just like you. That way no one can get upset.

As for shooter, after playing multiple CPU games, I'm not gonna jump to conclusions on that 4th qtr scoring summary. When the cpu is down, it goes into some kind of desperation mode and just starts chucking hte ball. The last cpu game I played, I had 4 picks and I'm pretty sure 3 of them came in the 4th when the cpu was just chucking the ball downfield in hopes of getting a TD. My last cpu game I beat the cpu 59-0, but I swear it could have been 90 or 100 easily. The final score didn't look like it, but I took my foot waaaaay off the gas. SO much so that my last 2 possessions I just kneeled the ball down and punted it back to them. Looking at the score, I'm assuming shooter didn't go that far, but it's still likely he wasn't trying to stat pad.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I will say this i've played tj and browns when they both got to big leads they let up on me .. i appreciated that but i didn't ask for it. I'm sure i kept chuckin the ball. I play urb next none of yall get upset if final score is 60-something. cause i won't ..when i played joey and get beat me 60 or 50 something to 3 never said a word. if a guys still playing when he's gettin beat down the winner shouldn't . maybe sub guys so your best players won't get hurt but if you choose to leave them in so be it. Also in this years game if you did a good job running the ball in the first half the second half especially the fourth your prob gonna bust longer runs its the way the game is designed. so running the ball to run clock some still will prob score.

I guess i'm different i don't give a shit what final score is i'm playing for fun. I've never had more than 6 wins in the 7 seasons i've played in this league. Yet i still comeback i know xp means more now so what ever rule yall come up with is cool with me

Last edited by Sinister on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Muckem wrote:Splff as far as score running up and stat padding vs humans I couldn't agree more with you.

If the user that is losing isn't making attempts to run out the clock, and is just throwing incompletions and interceptions it shouldn't just be on the other person to just lay down.

If two guys are playing and the game is a blowout it doesn't mean both players should start playing differently. Just maybe the player up by a lot doesn't do things like go for it on fourth down or go for an inordinate amount of high risk/high reward type plays. Maybe put in some 2nd stringers if the score is really out of hand. But you should still run your regular offense. Also, we can talk to each other while the game is going on. Discuss it. I don't think we should be afraid to play the game a certain way because that isn't very sim either. If you think someone is running up the score on you, you should bring it up during the game otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes.

I have been on the bad of a few blowouts this year but it does me no good to only have to play defense for half the game. That is just less quality practice that I am getting to try and get better.

On the flip side, if went up big on somebody who was one of the more dangerous players, I would certainly be worried about a big comeback as I've seen myself give up lots of points in a short amount of time. I would definitely keep trying to score until I was still up big in 4th quarter.

As far as XP goes, I think there is a game cap anyway. I would also have no problem if a player was up big and was just trying to start meeting his various player goals for that game.

Long story short, we shouldn't be afraid to blow each other out.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I think were all in this league because we love the idea of the franchise mode but the one a cpu driven league gives us is no challenge. My one game vs the Rams(cpu) I did what I always did and the cpu was smashed as usual. The only kind of stat padding I beleive in is when a user is : calling same money plays over and over to the same player, running no huddle or up tempo offense, going for it on 4th down. But if the user is running his same consistant offense ie: (Patriots in real life), beat up Colts and Jets, sprinkled in with poor CPU play calling, and a possible defensive TD or punt return, that's just playing 4 qaurters of football from where I'm from. If you truly want less scoring then lower the qaurter length, not turn it into preseason football. Nobody likes preseason lol.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:19 pm

I understand that Spllf, thats why I mentioned the 2 INT TDs, but we dont know when they happened. Its gonna be speculation until we see a scoring summary. He also had almost 400 yds passing, and rarely used his backups, Dalton had all the throws, and his backup HB had only 8 carries. Plus the 3 4th down conversions, if those happened after building that big lead thats a problem. I just wouldn't give benefit of the doubt because of his past situations lol.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Im not saying that people should just stop playing offense if their up big, but manage the clock better and use some backups. I can take a beatdown lol, see Urb and Muck. My issue with Muck was he scored 7 afte building a big lead, Urb still played his style, but slowed the pace, as did I. However against the CPU, we should be stricter because it is too easy to play the CPU. Look at the scores this season in CPU games, some of them are hilarious. Organized, your definition of stat padding with money plays would get a lot of people here in trouble lol
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

We advance?
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Lmaoooo and when i said i coulda have scored 200 on the cpu i was the bad guy, its funny how im seein all these scores and these 21 point 4th qtrs but its all good... I scored 7 im the 4th and i got penalized lol.... Atleast i did it in the 1st half and stopped playin in the 2nd
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:52 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:We advance?
    Chargers/Jags didn't play so I'm advancing now.

Scheduling deadline: Monday 1:00 PM ET

Advance deadline: Tuesday 6:00 PM ET
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

I don't really care what we decide. I just want some kind of standard or something so we can stop all these stat pad witch hunts.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:07 am

My bad TJ, I think it was my game against Muck that I was referencing and not yours and mine.
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 am

splff3000 wrote:I don't really care what we decide. I just want some kind of standard or something so we can stop all these stat pad witch hunts.
    Agreed, a standard would help. But these hunts wouldnt happen if the same people stat padding/running up the score would keep doing. You have someone who probably did it for a 3rd time, yet nothing has been said by the commish(you looking like Stern lol). It doesn't help when others see whats going on either, whats stopping me from running up the score other than my trigger happy passing? I honestly could care less if I have to bench players. Id honestly stop with player bans and go straight to one game bans for the user involved, its the only way IMO that could stop the stat padding/running up the score and show people its not the thing to do.

Off topic-I am gonna do a playoff preview, should be up in the morning.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 am

If I bench Tebow will I get fined like the Spurs for benching my ticket seller?

He S-U-C-K-S SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Redskins keep their hot streak alive! After a dismal first half and being over whelmed by the jets short passing attack and gashing running lanes this young team began to settle down. Rg3 played like a young qb most of the game, fumbling numerous times and sacked at will. Receivers were rarely opened and when they were they dropped easy passes. But in the end the team stuck around, RG3 drove down the field and connected with hankerson to cut the lead to 21-28. After a 3 and out by the jets, roy helu cut through the middle of the jets to tie the score at 28.Then tebow made a bad read on a crossing route and young fs white took it down to the ten yard line. Alfred Morris went in untouched the next play. Tebow made another critical error to force the last big play Washington needed to seal, an interception by Cofeild to run out the clock. These aren't your every day redskins any more folks. Chaos is to be expected every time...
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 pm

there i finally got to post the proof
    https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t1060p10-resign-glitch-team-list#46365
    sorry i took so long and thanks splff i finally figured out what u were saying
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm

So have the powers of the league figured out a standard for the league to follow based on running up the score/stat padding, because its still a problem
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Brownsfan23 wrote:So have the powers of the league figured out a standard for the league to follow based on running up the score/stat padding, because its still a problem
    I can only really set up a strict standard for user games, because there is another party involved who can bear witness to what happened. CPU games are impossible to do that with because the user can say whatever he wants so it's always going to be a judgement call with CPU games.

For user games:

1st quarter - no such thing as stat padding/running up the score because here you should be allowed to build a lead as high as you want for cushion.

2nd quarter - if you are up more than 35 points, take your foot off the gas and mainly run the ball and allow some time to run off the clock each play that it is possible.

3rd quarter - if you are up more than 28 points, take your foot off the gas and mainly run the ball and allow some time to run off the clock each play that it is possible.

4th quarter - if you are up more than 21 points, take your foot off the gas and mainly run the ball and allow some time to run off the clock each play that it is possible.

If anyone has any further ideas/suggestions/comments please share them; this is a complicated issue that is often difficult to discern what is/isn't padding and different situations with different users often should be allowed to be handled differently. So please give me your thoughts.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't like the idea of taking my foot off the pedal v users until the 4th qtr. I myself have n been down 3 times this year by 2 scores in the 2nd half and battled back 2 out of 3 times. Things can swing in a matter of seconds... Just like how you built the lead in the first place. I'm a 4 qtrs team.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm

And their punishment must be more severe... Lol I had to
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Organizedchaos wrote:And their punishment must be more severe... Lol I had to

Applause
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

What would you guys like to see as a tougher punishment then?

Current punishment for running up the score is sit two highest rated players for your next user game for the first offense. 2nd offense is autoed for next user game. 3rd is booted.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 8 Original
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I like them because they all depend on quarter, and your not really telling anyone to completely nerf their offense. As for punishment goes, Id go straight to autoing the next game for that user instead of just benching their players. 1st offense, autod next game, 2nd offense autod next game plus lose your highest draft pick, 3rd offense the boot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:41 pm