GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
IUcookie
Jaredlib
dipsh
7 posters

Game Discussion

dipsh
    dipsh

Game Discussion Empty Game Discussion

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 am

After 7 weeks we've signed 4-3star and 1-2star recruit. We are 50th in the nation in recruiting. With Virginia I would not say that's too far off?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Game Discussion Empty Re: Game Discussion

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm really thinking Heisman is the way to go right now. With the lack of super LBs, a new WIDE open passing mechanic for the suer to take advantage of, I think it just plays a solid game.

AA isn't bad, but I didn't ever feel really threatened by the CPU offense on AA, it was more me making mistakes having just gotten the game and now that I am getting over that I am starting to steam roll

I like the game quite a bit, I really do. yeah, there are some bugs here and there, but I think its a solid game of football. I havent played head-to-head yet but a guy on OS who is known for only playing online games posted a little review of it after playing 8 custom online games on heisman and he said it was a solid experience.

What about yall?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:19 pm

We have settled on heisman with slider tweaks of CPU pass cv at 45 and CPU ints at 45. The game is playing very good. We are throwing too many picks on bad decisions. The CPU pass rush is nasty and now that the CPU can run the read option we are getting hit with some big runs. Jared if you wanna see something cool play at GT on heisman. They work that FB hard and as soon as u sell out to stop him they fake it and that speedy QB takes it around the end for big yards.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 pm

On average we are only getting 100-110 plays per game with 8 min quarters. We may wanna go 9 minute because real life average is 130-140 per game. We do play slower than most people though so I need feedback here.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:48 pm

After 8 weeks with virginia we have signed 6 three star, 1 two star, and 1 one star recruits. We are 42nd in recruiting.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:02 pm

My lineman have pancakes!!!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Signed another good 3 star. We are now ranked 39th in recruiting. Our DT's lead our team in sacks which is sad. I think the biggest reason for that is the CPU sometimes chooses not to throw the fuckin screen passes. I blocked an xp and returned a punt for a td. That was cool.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 pm

So I am sold on heisman being the way to go this year. I just played a game, default sliders, 8 min qtrs, heisman diff, that by far has been the best one yet.

Northwestern (me) AT Michigan State

I lost 24 - 32, I had a pick six so it looked a little closer than it was.

My stats:

QB - 20/28/172/2TD/1INT/sacked 3x
    HB22 - 22att-56 yards
    HB32- 6att- 38yards
    my C had 3 pancakes (pancakes finally in the game!)
    SS24 - 8tackles, 1 INT/TD

CPU stats -

QB - 17/21/193/3td/1int/sacked 1x
    HB24 - 18 att- 161 yards, 1TD, long of 58

This game was great. I didn't feel cheated at all, ever. If I gave up a big pass play it was because their guy was just a much better player, same with their power rush attack. The only complaint I had from this game is I saw 2x the CPU safety issue already noted by many on OS, in certain zone coverages it seems like they wig out and just bail on a route for no reason.

Great game! Patch up these safeties EA and we have some pigskin action here.

Im fired up, cant wait to start balling with yall.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 pm

10 games in and I think it's rained in 6 and this one is snowing. Are u guys seeing a stupid amount of bad weather?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 pm

How do you guys feel about the new scouting and recruiting changes?

I can't figure out how exactly you change your play style pitch...
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Can anyone summarize what scouting is like? I wish I had the season ticket so I could see. How many times can you scout your recruits?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Jaredlib wrote:How do you guys feel about the new scouting and recruiting changes?

I can't figure out how exactly you change your play style pitch...

It sounds like it's based off your play style and performance in games. We control the MLB and are getting a ton of tackles so our MLB play style pitch is an A but conversely our QB is like a D because our stats are not good. That's what we are getting from it.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm

IUcookie wrote:Can anyone summarize what scouting is like? I wish I had the season ticket so I could see. How many times can you scout your recruits?

You get 20 hours in the preseason but you only get 3 hours per week in the regular season. 60 minutes on a OL scouts them all the way but on an athlete you'd need closer to 3hours. The whole gem vs bust thing is awesome IMO. Overall the recruits are starting lower. We've signed around ten guys right now and our best recruit is scouted as a 69 DE who u can tell will be pretty good based on his attributes. I scouted the #1 recruit in the nation just to see and he was scouted at an 83 or something but before scouting it said he was an 85. It's really cool so far.
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Just some quick thoughts on the game so far:

Game play on Heisman seems to be best. We're winning most of our games,but we aren't fuckin killin them either. Offensively we put up around probably 25 a game. Our D,however, only allows around 13. Which might be a problem. I mean Virginia's D probably shouldn't be that stout. Maybes it's just cuz we're awesome coordinators lol.

The scouting is awesome. We just found another gem at qb. A 3 star that started at a 69 and ended up a 77. A 3 star, 77 ovr, scrambling qb is sweet. Not bad accuracy and thp both in the low 80s.

The CPU needs to learn how to throw the ball when they call a hb screen. Takin way too many sacks.

On Heisman its hard,almost scary, to pass. I definately throw my fair share of picks. Not complaining about this tho. I just need to get a better feel for it and have better play calls and know my hots.

CPU offensively play calling is better but not perfect. They'll put together a couple good plays, get in the redzone, then fuck it up. Run north and south boys. Not east and west. Lol

All and all I think it's a improvement from last years piece of shit.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:08 pm

A TD, an on side kick and another TD in the final minute of the game earns Virginia a Chick Fil A Bowl victory over Mizzou. Final score 24-23 Cavaliers. Greatness score of 1091. What a ball game!
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am

I've been getting good games on heisman every time now.

Anyone know when to expect named rosters, early next week or what?

You guys must be a lot better with the MLB than I am, I can't seem to shed blocks I get caught up on an o-lineman easily. Are you guys using 8 min QTRs too? You mentioned 13 points allowed average what is the yardage lookin like from your CPU opponents? I'm getting good results from the CPU pro style running attack but I also don't use aggressive gameplan or run commit
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:50 am

Also, have you guys mainly been targeting guys who are already interested or are you going after guys who don't have you in the top 10? I'll check out dynasty once the UFC fights end
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 am

God damn it is pretty gay that EA cant program the CPU to run screen correctly

Oh well
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 am

In week one of a NU dynasty right now, love the scouting system, thought it was cool that I got 3 insta commits from 3* guys in week one but then I realized I was still on varsity recruiting lol, oh well.

Deadlocked 10-10 in the third qtr against Syracuse right now. For default heisman the game is playing well and im having a really good time.
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 am

i like the game so far, gonna play a few games on heisman, before i play what are the differences between heisman and aa?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 am

I just simmed through a season with KSU. I simmed all the games and went 10-3 with a Cotton Bowl win. I really tried hard and paid extra close attention to recruiting and after the season ended I finished 5th in the nation in recruiting. Now I'm sure some of that was not typical of what we will see but it certainly shows that heisman recruiting isn't too hard.

After playing a bunch of games I think the best part of the heisman game play is mostly the CPU decision making is better. It's really not much harder than AA. You pay dearly for bad decisions in the passing game and the CPU runs the ball better than they ever have. I control the MLB and if a OL gets his hands on you you are gonna have a tough time making a play. I think if I can win on heisman any of you can. I have always been good on D but my offense is pretty weak and I beat Oklahoma at Oklahoma with KSU on heisman difficulty. So we will start on heisman in the first year.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Cool beans brothaman Dips.

Are you pretty set on default sliders for heisman for the time being? Just curious.

One of the problems with OS slider sets is almost everyone on there uses slow speed and none of the ODs on here do.

Getting close boys! Keep me updated.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Cool beans brothaman Dips.

Are you pretty set on default sliders for heisman for the time being? Just curious.

One of the problems with OS slider sets is almost everyone on there uses slow speed and none of the ODs on here do.

Getting close boys! Keep me updated.

I'm pretty down for default heisman at this point. I've never even touched game speed. Have any of u tried it on slow? I will try some games on slow if I get time.
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 am

I think this game is finally gettin pretty good, it's about time they get it somewhat close to right. Anyway default heisman is great. I've beat the shit out of some teams, had high scoring shootouts, beat a team 10 to 7 and gotten beat down. I think most of us are gonna win most of our cpu games but it's gonna be way tough to beat the good teams in our confrences. Which imo is perfect.

User passing is tough but I'm gettin better. That actually happens pretty much every year: I get frustrated cause I can't pass then after awhile I'm able to read the defense better. User rushing is about right I get blown up sometimes and other times I rip off 15 yard runs. Cpu passing seems to go up and down depending heavily on their QB. Washington States senior QB lit me up. I could not run the right defense on any play. After that I played TCU, their startin QB got hurt and I beat them cause he was rattled and couldn't throw worth a shit.

Recruiting and scouting are great. The new scouting feature makes things a lot better

Overall I think this game is really close finally and for that I'm happy
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

I agree Dink

For some reason, yesterday was the first day I really started getting excited. At first I was like, this game is pretty good, but yesterday I played like 3 games in a row where the CPU just gave me a hell of a good game on default heisman. Of course, you guys know me, I would always like to tweak here and there, but as a base for everyone, its hard to complain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am