GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

PalmettoTiger (UCLA)

dipsh
    dipsh

PalmettoTiger (UCLA) Empty PalmettoTiger (UCLA)

Post by dipsh Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Post scouting reports on this player in this thread. No trash talk. No responses. Just scouting reports. Any non scouting posts will be deleted.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

PalmettoTiger (UCLA) Empty Re: PalmettoTiger (UCLA)

Post by IUcookie Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Ok well here goes the first one on Palmetto.

Offense: The formation I saw the most was Shotgun bunch. From there he would either do an option with his QB, hand it to his RB (who is good by the way) on an off tackle, or pass using short routes. He never really tried to throw it deep down the field. He is very good at keeping you off balance. He also ran from a Pistol formation which including 3 running backs surrounding his QB. He would run from there too along with throwing passes to his RB. He threw a lot to his running back, but that was mostly from his QB scrambling and his RB finally getting open because I couldn't get any pressure. He used his TE, but not as much as I thought he would. Also watch out for slant routes, especially from that pistol formation. I noticed he had a little trouble from some of the blitzes I threw at him. When given time he makes smart decisions. He would run no huddle at various times. He often ran no huddle at the perfect time when I was in a bad defense so watch out.

Defense: Very stout. He made me look silly numerous types because of the stupid passes I tried to throw. I never really saw any crazy blitzes or anything so if you are playing him next try to establish a running game first. Then you can maybe hit him with a play action or a deep ball. I saw a dime defense on passing downs and it looked like a nickel on everything else.

Hope this helps.
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 pm

First Tiger is a newer player and once he gets some exp on the game he will be a force. He all ready has a good feel for the game and plays to make just needs a couple seasons under his belt. He plays under control and within himself besides for a couple Picks he made all good decisions. He caught a bit of bad luck with some fumbles (after his RB broke like 5 tackles haha) but basically took what was there.

O- runs mostly shotgun..... Will give u options, screens, slants, basically runs a legit spread option O. If you give his QB time he will burn u but also be careful of his quick routes if u blitz.

Basically try to make him a pocket passer is you best hope.

D- he ran a ton of one over the top and dares you to go deep. Switched up zone an man well, he will bait you into bad throws at times so pre snap reads are important. His user skills are good, he pretty much made all the tackles on me himself. He has a solid scheme so be ready to really earn ur yards.

All in all he was hurt by some Turnovers that put him in a situation where he couldn't run his normal O. If you take him lightly he will beat you, he has a solid team and game all around. He is more built to win a close game or hold on to a lead. So if you can get a lead on him and take him out of his game then you have a good shot. If not be prepared for a long game. He was up on my the whole first QT so I know the feeling haha. Watch out for him once he gets a a few more user games.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 am

From the sounds of the other two scouting reports it sounds like our game does not reflect how Palmetto usually plays but I'll try my best.

Offense - He tried to mix it up early but after I stopped the run he had trouble passing. He would connect on two or three passes and just get his offense going and then pow straight into triple coverage for a pick. I think it was an off game especially on the offensive side of the ball so my scouting report is lacking. He did run out of pistol but aside from a few ok runs he couldn't get a consistent ground game going. I got up early so I think he passed a little more than he might normally. Like I said before. When he got hot passing I was in trouble but then he would just miss read one and give me the ball back on an int. I would say his favorite pass was the mid to deep outs and the corner fades. Also used the short crosses a bit.

Defense - I think his biggest problem must have just been talent level because his d line was just getting blown up. My read option was borderline cheese because his DE just kept crashing down and when he did read it right my QB would just break his tackles. I can see why Palm rage quit in this one. I think I played my best game yet but I think even more the game just wanted me to win. I threw some bad balls to him that weren't picks but any even remotely bad ball he threw was a pick. He had no choice but to try and user blitz to stop my QB running and that left PA wide open.

Overall Palmetto is a solid user he just got hosed in this one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 pm