GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
jhawk886
getonmylevelho
stoptherun
splff3000
pops21kid
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
11 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 19 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Alright I am heading out for the day. See you tomorrow spliff
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 pm

dipsh wrote:I do think it's funny that people keep writing that the sliders make the games more competitive. Game recaps. Texas 62 West Virginia 0 (Bowl Game). Florida 72 Kentucky 0. FSU 42 LSU 0 (Bowl Game). ND 77 BC 7. Those are just a few examples. Those 4 teams TExas, ND, FSU, Florida will kill the CPU no matter where you have the sliders. They clearly have probably one or two defenses and 4 or 5 offensive plays that they use to exploit the AI in CPU games. I just thought a more realistic game for sim style guys might make the league funner. To me a 0 speed threshold favors the "gamers" and really hurts real football guys. This is the last thing I'm saying about it. If you are offended suck it. It's just my opinion.

See this is what I'm talking about assuming shit. Now you're making yourself look kinda like an ass. No offense, but you are. FSU lost to cpu Miami for 3 or 4 years straight. Kentucky ain't shit so of course a high powered Florida team will smash them. I beat the shit out of them the last time I played them and I know I got more than 3 or 4 plays. Florida, Notre Dame, and Texas have been beating the crap out of the cpu the last few years but it hasn't always been like that. Along with Alabama, they are the 4 highest rated teams in the OD with mostly 90+ players on the team. I've played all 4 of these users and I can assure they have more than a few plays. How about you looking at the replays of the games and seeing all the different ways they score before you start accusing people of only calling a few plays. I'm an equal opportunity guy. I had words for jhawk because he got upset with your questioning the sliders and now I have words for you for questioning the playcalling of these members in cpu games. They all save replays of stuff and if you'd been here long enough, you'd seen enough replays to know they call more than a few plays during a game. I'm never one for telling people to keep their opinion to themselves, but when you let your opinion be known, you should be ready to deal with the consequences and one of those consequences is another rant by me. This rant is strictly for you though lol. I have been in quite a few OD's and this is one of the simmest(?) around. You can't have a realistic game against the cpu. You try to make the game realistic and you beat the shit out of the computer because they're attempting 60yd fg's and calling monster blitz on 3rd and 20 and running draws on 3rd and 15 and stupid shit like that. If you don't like those scores, you really wouldn't have like the scores before the slider change. They were bad and it wasn't just these 4, it was everyone beating the shit out of the cpu. I like this OD because it's sim without all the stupid ass rules that other OD's have like you can't call more than 1 counter play a game and stupid shit like that. Why make a rule like that? You can't enforce it unless it's a user game and then you're back in this same boat accusing people of only calling a few plays a game. That's one of the stupidest shits I seen. You're gonna make a rule of how many times someone can call a certain type of play, yet you have no way to enforce it. That seems like what you want. We don't do stupid shit like that in this OD though. We make rules we can enforce. If you wanna call 4 plays all game against the cpu, well when you play a human you gonna get your ass beat because you only know 4 plays. That's obviously not the case though since all these opponents do quite well against human opponents as well. Get off your high horse or whatever the fuck your on and get with the program man. Stop accusing users that I've been with in multiple OD's that lasted multiple years of not being sim. Hell, Texas and Florida, I've been with over multiple versions of NCAA. ND and FSU have been here from the start, in this OD and in the, now defunct, Workers OD. We ain't just some group of guys that got together last week to make an OD. Like some of the new guys have found out, there's history here. You don't know any of these guys. Stop coming up here with that shit from those other bullshit OD's. You want to accuse someone of something. SHOW SOME PROOF!!! Other wise keep that shit to yourself. We don't need that in here. You got your opinion, this is just MY opinion.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm

splff, can you please double space all your rants, it would make it easier to read
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 pm

dclark44 wrote:splff, can you please double space all your rants, it would make it easier to read

lol will do.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm

dipsh wrote:I do think it's funny that people keep writing that the sliders make the games more competitive. Game recaps. Texas 62 West Virginia 0 (Bowl Game). Florida 72 Kentucky 0. FSU 42 LSU 0 (Bowl Game). ND 77 BC 7. Those are just a few examples. Those 4 teams TExas, ND, FSU, Florida will kill the CPU no matter where you have the sliders. They clearly have probably one or two defenses and 4 or 5 offensive plays that they use to exploit the AI in CPU games. I just thought a more realistic game for sim style guys might make the league funner. To me a 0 speed threshold favors the "gamers" and really hurts real football guys. This is the last thing I'm saying about it. If you are offended suck it. It's just my opinion.
    I would appreciate it if you would not sit here and tell me (along with a few other very good "sim-style" users) how un-sim like we are. How the hell do you know how we play? I can assure you that I use a lot more than 4 or 5 plays on offense and 1 or 2 plays on defense that "exploit" the CPU. If you had been here more than just this season you would not question that. It pisses me off that you roll in here and act all high and mighty about how we need to adjust the sliders we've been rolling with all along for you and other "sim-style" gamers because us "cheesy" players are gonna win big no matter what. I'm one of the most sim and "real football" guys out there. Hell, the reason I came up with these slider modifications in the first place was because I wanted to provide a more realistic game for everyone. When we consistently had users averaging between 600-800 yards per game on offense, that seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I had people who complained that trying to make it too realistic took some of the fun out of the game. So I made modifications to find a happy medium and this is where we've ended up.

I guess what I'm saying is, provide all the constructive criticism you want but don't just come in here spouting your assumptions about people and how they play. All four of the people you mentioned are very legit "sim-style" gamers. Urban (UF) is the only one who has ever had his style of play questioned and it was just labeled as "gimmicky". Stop (UT) plays a very conservative option run style of game and Ho (FSU) does a little bit of everything, much like myself (ND). We are all legit gamers with above average teams. We win big because the level of competition those CPU teams are fielding is significantly less than our own. As splff said earlier, once you get some good talent in on your team, you'll see a lot easier games with much fewer of those times when the HB busts out of tackles right and left and tears you up.

If you want to make a point about the sliders being too easy and reference those scores, or an aspect of the game that's too easy, or want to claim they're too tough and reference a part of the game and give some examples and evidence to back up your claims then great. We are very open to ideas and suggestions and will listen to what you have to say. But do it in a constructive manner.

As far as you sharing your opinion and everything, that's great. We love activity and opinions and ideas being shared on the boards. Nobody is going to get pissed at you for sharing your opinion. We may not agree with it, but we'll listen to it and consider it nonetheless. My only suggestion is to give it some time. As splff and some others said, you'll adjust to them and get comfortable with the sliders. You've played what, 3 games with them? When you get more familiar with how the game plays, get more familiar with your team, and get some better talent in there, you'll feel much more comfortable.

Again, just my thoughts. And if anyone's offended...well...I'm sorry. Smile

Last edited by jhawk886 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Shawty, I hardly ever chime in on these trivial matters but u just cant come up in here talkin like that. I'm all for questioning the status quo in the name of making things better for everyone, but don't start talkin about people's games who you've never played. And certainly don't come up in here insulting people for no reason. "Suck it" ? that's just not necessary. I've never talked to anybody like that in years of being on the boards.

And as far as me and hawk and ho and urbs I can assure u we all got WAY MORE than 4 or 5 plays for that ass. I personally spend hella time in practice mode and know every freakin play in my playbook. best believe that i do. So don't insult any of us who have years of experience in this thing by saying we only got 4 or 5 plays. That's ridiculous.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:20 pm

hey dipsh, I got one thing for you. You are absolute trash at this game, get better plug. Suck itttttt. Pussy
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Let's take it easy on the new guy. He's just voicing an opinion, and it's a good thing that he has one. In my opinion, I'd rather someone come in and try to help than just sit back like Osama was. He's at least trying to be a part of the dynasty, so let's give him a break. With that said, I'd like to look at possibly changing the speed threshold. It makes sense to me, but does anyone know what a good setting would be there?

As for the recruiting limits, I'm down with whatever you guys want, but I damn sure ain't gonna keep up with that so someone else will have to volunteer their services.

Hawk, I wanna do schedules this year. No offense, you've been doing a great job with them, I just kinda miss it and would like to put them together for a season. I'll be happy to give them back to you after that. I do, however, need to know what the home and homes are for next year though so that I can make sure to get those in there, and I'd definitely like for you to double-check my work once I'm through.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Well, her goes my 2 pennies in the bucket. I was having some great seasons til they bumped up the sliders and all that other shyt, but Hawk put it out that it was gonna happen. Of course, if you get the top knotch players on your team, you will be able to exploit the hell out of the CPU as does Florida and Texas. i, assuming thats what the game is all about. Correct me if im wrong. Yeah, i started to loose lots of games against the CPU, but i only look at it as a way of making me more better at the game against other folks that aint in the OD. Really, i dont have a problem with it. If i did, i probably wud hv bitched about it a while ago, in fact when i had a 5-7 season and then a 3-9 season. But hell, i guess that just me talking. Im sure that the new players were warned about the sliders before they joined, if not, then thats all on the person that got them to join. I see Young realized the sliders were difficult and he started practicing wit him and im sure he gonna adjust and become a whole lot better in playing in the OD. Thats all you have to do my boi..

Word...

stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 pm

ok all bs aside when are we moving to players leaving? I'm ready to reload.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Probably gonna be tomorrow. I don't know what everyone's plans for Friday night are, but there's a possibility that we could do the offseason that night. I don't know though, seems kinda crazy to think that everyone's gonna want to do the offseason on a Friday night.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:40 pm

wow cant we all get alone lol. Ok well i think we should limit 4 5* players to a team per year, that way everyone have a legit chance at one. If you dont get him so be it. And i totally agree wit rauloe i was told in advance the sliders was challenging and i fully understood that. And i feel the sliders made me a better players because it ask more of you and i mix it up. I dont run the same plays over and over i dont have no money plays i just play football. If you look at my games i stuggled at the begining of the season but as it went on i got better and went on a roll and even though my team aint all that good i was able to play teams tough shit all the games i lost was by 7 or less and those games could have been wins if i was use to the sliders. And ok if you got teams blowing the cpu out with these sliders whats going to happen if we lower them. I cant speak for everyone but im ok with the sliders but like i said before if they do get changed keep them challenging

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:44 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Probably gonna be tomorrow. I don't know what everyone's plans for Friday night are, but there's a possibility that we could do the offseason that night. I don't know though, seems kinda crazy to think that everyone's gonna want to do the offseason on a Friday night.
    im down for whenever
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm down for whatever Urbs. I'm free all weekend so yall can just let me know. Me and jared are supposed to be playing sometime tomorrow and hopefully we can advance to offseason right after. Jared let me know what time is good for you tomorrow.

And to dipsh, I apologize man. i shouldn't have called you an ass. Everything else that I said I still hold true, but I shouldn't have called you an ass and I apologize for that.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 pm

Im avalible for offseason tonight and tomorrow night i work tomorrow in the day and should be home no later than 5cst. So i say we get together and come up with a good time that works with everybodys schedule. So what time is everyone going to be open?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 pm

Well I saw all the friendly shit talk and didn't think a simple suck it would cross the line.

Your top 4 guys pick the top 4 teams in the country, destroy the CPU every game and tweak the sliders to benefit their cheese. I call you out and you all wig out.

Next I couldn't care less about being good at this game. If you paid attention to all I've said all I ever did was ask why you guys used a set of sliders that made the game play so bad. Then a few dudes attacked me so I talked a little shit back. The only guys I pissed off are the cheesy guys who quit the league or cry when they lose a game. I play this game as a hobby and I will never quit or cry when I lose. As I've heard Clark does.

As for being an ass I never claimed I wasn't and if you wanna use your rediculously stacked teams to beat the shit out of me bring it and we will see who the babies are when I issue some ass whoopins. Gimme as many user games as possible and make sure I get Clark and we can all watch him drop out again. Very Happy

The above shit talk is all to be taken as literal as possible. I want you to lose sleep and keep your parents up all night practicing your 5 cheese plays over and over until mommy calls you down for pancakes. See you on the cyber gridiron. Oh ya and if you're offended you can suck it twice!
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Would love to play anyone in a ranked or unranked game with even teams anytime. Just hit me up.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm

dipsh wrote:Well I saw all the friendly shit talk and didn't think a simple suck it would cross the line.

Your top 4 guys pick the top 4 teams in the country, destroy the CPU every game and tweak the sliders to benefit their cheese. I call you out and you all wig out.

Next I couldn't care less about being good at this game. If you paid attention to all I've said all I ever did was ask why you guys used a set of sliders that made the game play so bad. Then a few dudes attacked me so I talked a little shit back. The only guys I pissed off are the cheesy guys who quit the league or cry when they lose a game. I play this game as a hobby and I will never quit or cry when I lose. As I've heard Clark does.

As for being an ass I never claimed I wasn't and if you wanna use your rediculously stacked teams to beat the shit out of me bring it and we will see who the babies are when I issue some ass whoopins. Gimme as many user games as possible and make sure I get Clark and we can all watch him drop out again. Very Happy

The above shit talk is all to be taken as literal as possible. I want you to lose sleep and keep your parents up all night practicing your 5 cheese plays over and over until mommy calls you down for pancakes. See you on the cyber gridiron. Oh ya and if you're offended you can suck it twice!

Lol, someone that hates Clark. I like this guy.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 pm

lol he sounds just like clark you should schedule them next season and call it "The Battle of The Shit Talkers" lol. " I want you to lose sleep and keep your parents up all night practicing your 5 cheese plays over and over until mommy calls you down for pancakes. See you on the cyber gridiron." Now thats original lol
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey dipshit, how does tonight at 930 eastern sound? faggot

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:54 pm

OHHHHHHH lol But in all seriousness kill that shit before someone get's their feelings hurt lol
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:55 pm

dclark44 wrote:Hey dipshit, how does tonight at 930 eastern sound? faggot

Will your parents let you stay up that late?
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:55 pm

dipsh wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:Hey dipshit, how does tonight at 930 eastern sound? faggot

Will your parents let you stay up that late?
    hope so let me go ask. you gonna play me you pussy hater?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:58 pm

If you're gonna talk shit please try to keep up. Pussy hayter?? not funny just weird. Hell yes I will play you. Lemme guess you want Alabama cuz god forbid you don't have all starters in the 90's
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Let's play now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 pm