GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
jusblaze09
Rauloe
pops21kid
KidIcarus27
getonmylevelho
splff3000
ehicks009
Joker12
stoptherun
dclark44
jhawk886
NY_Eer
urbanslegend05
17 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

splff3000
    splff3000

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 9 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Actually it is on here, page 21 of the original thread. I'll post the majority of the exchange.

jhawk886 wrote:My power just went off and on in the middle of recruiting after I had some pretty good visits. I'm gonna be super pissed if my shitty ass power company costs me some recruits.

jhawk886 wrote:God fucking damnit!!! It fucking took away my recruiting minutes and says that I've already called the people I did, but it didn't save the visits because I had a guy instant commit and he isnt now. I was only leading on Virginia by 1 point and now I'm going to fucking lose him. All of the other guys I fucking visited are probably fucking gone now too. This is such bullshit.

jhawk886 wrote:This is such bullshit. I saved the dynasty file when we advanced. Is there any way I can load that up so my recruiting isn't fucked, or can we not do that now since we've had a couple games played? I cannot believe this...I am so fucked if this doesn't get fixed. I feel like I'm that fucking cat right now.

splff3000 wrote:I've been drinking quite a bit so this may NOT be politically correct, but............ummm.............you're fucked!! Actually you were fucked when you left the store with this game. We might as well change our names to Marcellus Wallace because we will all get fucked at some point or another. Just keep playing the game. We'll all look back on this and laugh when we're in year 24.

splff3000 wrote:Damn man, that truly does suck. I think what I was trying to say in my drunken rant is that you're not alone. A lot of us have already got bitten in recruiting by some glitch or another. In season 1 in Rivals, I lost 6 hrs of recruiting because I recruited for 6 hrs then had to go do something so I just turned my PS3 off. I assumed that I would have my 4 hrs left to do when I got back and I did. The only problem was that the first 6 was gone. I knew something was screwy because before I had left, 1 guy had committed and I had offered schollies to 3 or 4 people( I think we were in week 2 or something like that). Now, there were no schollies offered to those guys and the guy that committed was waiting to get talked to again. That would be fine and dandy but my 6 hrs was gone too. So I essentially had 4 hrs to use on my whole board. It fucking sucks!!

Also in the 1st season in Rivals, ehicks was recruiting online and on 2 or 3 people, it glitched and he didn't get to talk to whatever recruit he was going after, but it used up the minutes on those recruits. In fact, it helped me get a DT that we both were going after because it said that he didn't talk to him but he did try to talk to him. It just glitched. Shit, this year in Workers, gameface said he got 0 points in the call summary on some recruits. I'm pretty sure he lost those points, maybe he can confirm if he did or not.

Anyway, what I'm saying is your not alone. I'm sure there are more people that have been glitched or something that just didn't say anything. I'm sure there will be more. I have a good idea though. Hey guys, if you've been glitched in recruiting or in any way for that matter, post it here so we can all know what to look out for and so we want be surprised when it happens.

As for EA, I have been one of the ones that truly hate EA. I used to love EA. I was a big big big Madden fanboy. In every 2k vs Madden debate/discussion/argument I was pro Madden hardcore. Having said that, I still think that 2k5 on the xbox is the best football game ever as far as on the field stuff. I had a PS2 though and Madden was king for me on that.

I started kinda hating them when they bought out the NFL license. Even though I was a Madden fanboy, I didn't like that move at all because I respected what 2k did for Madden. It pushed the Madden team to be on their game. I really really started hating EA with the release of Madden 06 on the Xbox360. When I played Madden 01 on the PS2 the first time, I was blown away by every aspect of the game. It was definitely a next gen game. I didn't want to put it down lol. It was just the opposite for Madden 06 on the xbox360. There was no aspect of the game that blew me away and I put it down after a couple of halves of playing. It fucking sucked!!

My disdain for them grew a lil more with every Madden release and now with the release of Madden 11 my hatred is overflowing lol. I am so upset that I almost got banned from OS for telling Ian Cummings "Fuck You" in a PM. If you go check, you can't send him a PM anymore lol. I guess I wasn't the only one to do that lol. Anyway, I truly truly truly hate EA for what they did to my beloved Madden. Yeah, I hate all the glitches and stuff, but that is the biggest piece of my hate pie.

Anyway, I started ranting again. What was I talking about in the beginning of this? Oh yeah, jhawk, you're not alone. You're a jhawks fan though. I'm sure you've seen worse than this lol.

Ahhh, I remember that exchange now. That wasn't early in the season. That Captain Morgan is some good shit. I would have never thought of that Marcellus Wallace shit on my own lol. Alright, nevermind on the restart. I'm still pretty pissed though.

On a sidenote, I've been reading some of the other posts from that thread and the first season of Workers was off the meat rack lol. That shit is like a series. Each season there is some new shit going on lol.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah, I feel ya. It sucks ass. Hopefully you can still get most of them, except for David Henry of course Razz
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:37 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Yeah, I feel ya. It sucks ass. Hopefully you can still get most of them, except for David Henry of course Razz

I knew you had a motive behind this shit. Smile You'll probably get him since he's visiting you next week and I didn't talk to him this week ..... apparently. Joker and Stop, looks like it's between you guys for Freeman( that bad ass RB). I had a legitimate chance but not now. On top of all that, I had a x2 week and for the first time ever it landed on 2 guys that I actually needed it on. I guess I better run up the score on the cpu this week since the visit is all I got.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Lol, I don't know it seems like all the recruits I want have a hard on to go to WVU or Cincinnati. Fucking Bearcats steal Jake Washington from me when I had a lead on him and a 400 point week.

Just don't get bitch-slapped by the Bruins, that won't impress the recruits too much.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:37 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Lol, I don't know it seems like all the recruits I want have a hard on to go to WVU or Cincinnati. Fucking Bearcats steal Jake Washington from me when I had a lead on him and a 400 point week.

Just don't get bitch-slapped by the Bruins, that won't impress the recruits too much.

Nah, no bitch slap here. 49-0 should impress the recruits pretty nicely........unless they like sportsmanship lol. I had -400 sportsmanship points after this game lol but I didn't run the score up like I could have. I ran the ball quite a bit in the 2nd half. I just don't feel right running it up so I just had a regular gameplan for most of the 2nd half.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Whoa, that looked like it might get pretty serious for a while. So we decided to just go with it I'm assuming? That does totally suck though splff.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm

There is a convo going on in Workers that I think belongs here in Rivals. This a quote from that convo to move it over here.

urbanslegend05 wrote:That's probably bc its usually like a day and a half and everyone's freaking out and he usually plays before two days are up. Some people don't live on the boards like others.

I think the main reason people complain about Ho is because he's often last AND he doesn't post on the boards. If CT was last a lot he'd probably be getting the same treatment because he doesn't post on the boards that much either. But no one says anything about CT because he's hardly ever last. The same goes for posting as well. There was a 3 or 4 week stretch that I was really busy and I was the last or one of the last few users left for those weeks. No one didn't say too much because I'm always on the boards. It's the combination of being last AND not being on the boards that get people worked up.

The reason people say you are taking sides is because almost the exact same thing happened when pops21 was last all the time. In fact, you even joined in a few times. And the same thing happened when Kid was last a few times. You never said anything to anyone about their ragging then, but now when it's your boy, it's annoying to you or irritating. Like I said, you know I could care less either way because I got other stuff I can do, but I'm just trying to shed some light on the situation for you.

Last edited by splff3000 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Whoa, that looked like it might get pretty serious for a while. So we decided to just go with it I'm assuming? That does totally suck though splff.

Yeah, I got pissed off when it happened and that was my first reaction. I'm good now lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:That's probably bc its usually like a day and a half and everyone's freaking out and he usually plays before two days are up. Some people don't live on the boards like others.

I think the main reason people complain about Ho is because he's often last AND he doesn't post on the boards. If CT was last a lot he'd probably be getting the same treatment because he doesn't post on the boards that much either. But no one says anything about CT because he's hardly ever last. The same goes for posting as well. There was a 3 or 4 week stretch that I was really busy and I was the last or one of the last few users left for those weeks. No one didn't say too much because I'm always on the boards. It's the combination of being last AND not being on the boards that get people worked up.

The reason people say you are taking sides is because almost the exact same thing happened when pops21 was last all the time. In fact, you even joined in a few times. And the same thing happened when Kid was last a few times. You never said anything to anyone about their ragging then, but now when it's your boy, it's annoying to you or irritating. Like I said, you know I could care less either way because I got other stuff I can do, but I'm just trying to shed some light on the situation for you.

With pops it was bc he was brand new and it had been more than a couple of days. Ho has been here through 4 seasons now and all this shit started after clark was beat by us. It started into the I'm gonna stir the pot every time I can show. If you want proof just go back and look at where this all originated.

BTW, I've never once complained about kid being last and he doesn't post nearly as much as last year and he's generally right there with me and ho as far as being one of the last.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 pm

I remember being last two weeks in a row in last years game. I was then kicked out of the dynasty. Just saying
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:01 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

With pops it was bc he was brand new and it had been more than a couple of days. Ho has been here through 4 seasons now and all this shit started after clark was beat by us. It started into the I'm gonna stir the pot every time I can show. If you want proof just go back and look at where this all originated.

BTW, I've never once complained about kid being last and he doesn't post nearly as much as last year and he's generally right there with me and ho as far as being one of the last.

Oh I never said you complained about Kid. I said others did.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Yo Joker sorry to hear about your teeth i hope everything is going good for u now.

Lemme know when u wanna have that red river shootout.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 pm

stoptherun wrote:Yo Joker sorry to hear about your teeth i hope everything is going good for u now.

They're brutal man haha, tomorrow is probably the best if that's cool, if you can't though I could do it tonight I was just gonna try and get my workers game in tonight since I've held that one up.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Joker12 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:Yo Joker sorry to hear about your teeth i hope everything is going good for u now.

They're brutal man haha, tomorrow is probably the best if that's cool, if you can't though I could do it tonight I was just gonna try and get my workers game in tonight since I've held that one up.

What time u thinkin tomorrow? Normally i'm going out to dinner so kinda hard to sched a time in the evening...
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:13 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    Joker12 wrote:

What time u thinkin tomorrow? Normally i'm going out to dinner so kinda hard to sched a time in the evening...

I could do probably between like 4:30-8 or so, but if your out that's cool we could do anytime friday or tonight I have no problem doing it tonight, it would have to be a bit later like maybe 10 or 11ish?
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Joker12 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:
    Joker12 wrote:

I could do probably between like 4:30-8 or so, but if your out that's cool we could do anytime friday or tonight I have no problem doing it tonight, it would have to be a bit later like maybe 10 or 11ish?

Let's play it by ear. If you're gonna b around between 4:30 & 6 tomorrow I'm sure we can get it in before I go out. Maybe if you're up to it we can play later tonite- your call. Ill b on the boards and or PSN so just holla when u ready.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey yall check out this site:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php

They have this cool "NCAA feature" tournament and apparently this is how we got some of the new features into NCAA this year. The tournament is here:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37

The potential features are given to the site by EA and the users vote on them in polls. It starts out with 68 and works down kinda like the NCAA basketball tournament. If you don't wanna vote, it's cool to at least look and see what kind of stuff EA is thinking about for NCAA 12.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Yo stop if you wanna play it tonight I'm up for it
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Joker12 wrote:Yo stop if you wanna play it tonight I'm up for it

when can u go?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 pm

wanna say 11?
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Joker12 wrote:wanna say 11?
    cool
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 pm

stop just playing my workers game since I said I'd do that 1st, might be more like 1110 if thats cool
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:26 am

So who won the red river?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 am

wow good game stop

Oklahoma wins 35-34
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 am

Damn that sounds like it was an awesome game. I can't wait to read that recap. Good job joker. I gotta pull for yah and hope that I can get to the national championship as the highest ranked one-loss team. That is if I can take care of things on my end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:19 pm