GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Rauloe
jhawk886
getonmylevelho
TheWeatherMan
mrdinknose
pops21kid
dipsh
splff3000
stoptherun
urbanslegend05
jusblaze09
Jaredlib
16 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 39 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm

I love how the 360 guys get the demo first. lol no big deal dont get my wrong, just anxious...
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Well I'm back from otown so I'll knock mine out after work if Zeph is ready we could do a double header
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:11 pm

We have a friend in town from New York, I think he might have wanted to meet up for tacos and beer down in Pacific Beach but I will talk to him in about an hour and figure out what he can do
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:46 pm

No worries. Not like we are rushing to start another season or anything.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm

the demo is up boyz. downloading it rite now...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:05 pm

somebody give me a first impression of the demo
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

I just played about 4 games on the XBox 360 and I think it's great. People on OS are saying it's still too easy to pass but I don't see it. Mind you I have always been pretty shitty on offense but I think it's great. Tackling looks awesome. I tried to run Zeph's 4 vert play over and over and was getting burned a lot. The power O runs were a little too effective on 11 and so far they are not on the demo. The dreds look bad. They shoulda bagged em till they could make em look right. The CPU QB's take off running a lot and that's way cool. In 4 games I thought the CPU got sacked quite a bit on AA. It is definately better. IMO.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Early stuff I like:
    Tackling
    DB vs WR interaction man and zone way better
    blocking is much more realistic
    QB's are less accurate without throwing every bad ball to DB's for picks
    CPU QB's will actually run sometimes
    Punt/Kick returns were way better
    Game overall just looks and feels better

Early stuff I don't like:
    CPU took too many sacks
    CPU jumped off sides too much
    CPU was running clock off on me and ran a play with auto motion and waited too long to snap it and got delay. (only happened once)
    Dreds are fuckin dredful
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

I have been posting impressions over on OS, I will paste em in here.

Urban, what time could you play Zehp tonight earliest?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Ok Ya'll.
    Copy and pasted straight from OS

Finally got to play the demo for PS3. Just logged my first two games, playing both sides of the Texas - Oregon matchup.

I started on Heisman and left it on there for both games. I think this is the way to go for the demo. Based on what I watched on the 360 version and what I read on here AA is too easy.

First Game, Me (Oregon) vs Texas

14-17

I was on their 2 yard line and fumbled the ball going in with LMJ on a big hit, cost me the game. Not much defense in this game, any zone d I tried got lit up. I ran cover 2 zone 4 times and 3 of those times they had deep routes called and burned me. As Skillz has pointed out, blitzing is pretty money in the demo.

But, offenses on both sides of the ball played well. Running the shotgun attack was fun, I had some big gainers with LMJ on heisman, it was great. Felt kinda fresh, pretty fluid.

SEcond game, still on Heisman, Me Texas vs Oregon

I lost 10-7 thanks to 3 picks by Gilbert, man he is terrible in this game.

This was a really fun game, there was some defensive stops and good defensive pressure by both d-lines. The Oregon CPU offense was GREAT. LMJ had 91 yards on 9 carries and the Oregon CPU players ran the speed option twice, both for positive gains.

As texas, I was able to throw some thrd and short stops, as well as keeping them out of the endzone on 3 straight goal line plays, so it was nice to see it work both ways, they had a couple big runs but also were held. I scored a TD on a really nice diving catch by the CPU on a quick out route from the slot against zone. IT was a bad throw into coverage the CPU controlled WR just made a play for me. On the next drive though, I had a ball hit my WR right in the helmet, he didnt even try to catch it, guess im gonna have to user it more often.

IF you guys want to see the spread offense ran, play on Heisman, its way better. Both games were great, I dont think I am even gonna try AA in the demo, heisman is where its at.

In both games the CPU qb didnt scramble once, in the first game when I was oregon there were probably 3 instances where gilbert had moved out of the pocket a bit and had just daylight in front of him and just stood there. disappointing.

OK so I have three more games to report on.

I played a third CPU game, again on Heisman, FSU vs Bama and lost 28-20.

All of Bamas TDs were long plays. Three big runs by Richardson where my d line was just pancaked in unison and a deep pass on a blitz where I deserved to get beat. On offense I was able to complete deep passes even against the Bama D on heisman.

Then, my roommate and I played two user games. We are pretty even in skill. FIrst game was Oregon vs Texas, he was Oregon, I was Texas. We set it to heisman.

He won 14-7. My TD was a fumbled pitch return for a TD, my offense was ****. I had a couple decent runs but Gilbert was eaten alive. Something about the way zone defense played in the user games bothers me. The defenders just play so soft. Passes are being completed that in real life wouldnt be because the defender would be right there to make a play but in the game you can just lob it up against zone and the defender will sit there, watch him catch it, and then tackle. It really bothers me. I didnt notice this as much in the CPU games, but definitely in both user games. We both had vertical plays against zone where we just lobbed it into coverage and came down with it uncontested. I had a theory that made this was only happening because we had it heisman and heisman dumbs down user players so our next game we played:

Me: Bama Him: FSU

This time set to All-American.

Game seemed to play a little better. I am frustrated by the lack of man align pre snap function working once again. Does anybody over at EA test this? Its hard for me to blitz when I have to manually align the guys in coverage and try to get back to my LB in time before he snaps it, which of ourse he will ASAP when he sees me doing this. I won 21-14 in OT. I was able to run it pretty easily against him. Zone D seemed to play kinda tight, I still dont see defenders being aggressive at all...they just sit back and let it happen right next to them...kinda frustrating. Pass rush from the front 4 was again very inconsistent. More inconsistent then in the CPU games.

Oh, and just to point out, in 4 CPU games on heisman, not a single scramble.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Played 2 games on heisman and here are my first impressions:

Its the same damn game. The same damn game that we know and love tweaked just a bit.

CPU played well and made good decisions but i didnt see any superhuman plays that u saw all the time on heisman in earlier versions.

They changed the way u scroll thru the plays and i find that pretty frustrating. That's one thing they coulda left alone.

Zone coverage is way better and the cpu zone is improved as well.

I also noticed the D had a hard time lining up in front of their man esp after an audible. I really hope that gets fixed.

i ran a couple PA passes but still not sure if that will work against users.

Tackling is a bit different imma have to get used to that.

CPU is dead meat if u blitz. CPU QB holds on to the ball for an awful long time.

CPU QB broke out for some nice scrambles (D. Thomas).

Playing against Oregon my team was offsides twice cuz they couldnt get back to the LOS before the ball was snapped. :-(

FSU looks like they have a really good team Ho is gonna be tough to beat.

All the pageantry and all that intro shit is soooo overated. they shoulda spent some time making innovations in the game instead of adding a handful of animations.

the 3-d grass looks like shit sometimes. it looked way better on the hi res screenshots.

crowd didnt sound any different to me either.

and yes the dreads are horrible

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Yea im bout to download the demo
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Going off what stop just said

I just played my fifth CPU game on heisman, got my first win, 3-0. I was fsu and beat bama in OT with a FG.

Zone played better in this game, i felt it wasnt quite as soft...

crowd and commentary noise suck, the crowd has been dead in my games i thought they fixed this?

FSU is a great team in this game

In the two user games zehp and I played we only ran PA twice and it worked twice but I will try more next time....
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

oh and I havet seen the CPU scramble in 5 games

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 pm

lol at the rate my ps3 going the demo will be done downloading by tomorrow lol it is saying like 600+ mins left and its going up lol I aint in no rush though. So jared from what you see so far will there have to be a ton of slider tweaks or just a few?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Based on what I have seen in this demo, Heisman is by far the way to go. People are shutting out the CPU and getting 6+ sacks on AA in the demo. Rolling with heisman I had the Oregon offense run the spread on me pretty well it felt right.

The problem I have seen with Heisman thus far is the CPU o line just fucking ROLLING the user d-line, like sometimes all 4 guys will get pancaked at the same time, that will need to get toned down. I still feel like passing the ball is too easy, 4 verts is still money, that inside skinny post route just always comes open, so I think pass coverage will need a bump up.

They are gonna release a tuner pack for the demo that tweaks some things so we will see how it plays after that
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

So right now I think slider wise its gonna need to be Heisman, tweaks to make USER offense a little harder, and MAYBE small tweaks to CPU rushing...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 pm

So have you tried different routes to see if they are effective. Examples: Cross vs Man and Zone(cover 2), Slant vs Man and Zone, Streak vs Man and Zone. I know in NCAA 11 there was routes that people just didnt even attempt because they never worked even vs coverage that they are made to beat. And is there a noticeable difference with the WR/DB interaction. Like i know in NCAA the cpu would nudge your WR just enough to make the pass go over his head. And is there a mirroring effect with man coverage. And do the cpu QB throw completly to the other side of the field and still hit a guy on point
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm

The worst thing of all is I have now got the demo for XBOX and PS3 and PS3 looks like complete shit compared to XBOX. Both systems are hooked up in HDMI on a 55" Sony LCD. I wanted to cry because the only reason I bought the 360 was for the kids to play the Kinect. Huge difference. I may switch to XBOX for this reason. Is every game that way? Does anyone know WTF?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Jaredlib wrote:We have a friend in town from New York, I think he might have wanted to meet up for tacos and beer down in Pacific Beach but I will talk to him in about an hour and figure out what he can do

The Rockin Baha?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Dips what you speak of is a sad truth about owning a PS3.

A year ago I owned both I did a side by side comparison, took pics, and posted it on a website to show people how big a difference there is.

Not EVERY game is like this, but many are unforttunately.

NCAA 11 looked pretty similar in the retail version, but I just played the 360 version on my same TV, both on HDMI just like you, and the 360 version mops the floor with the PS3 version
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Urbs zehp told me to tell you he will try to go tonight just let me know for sure when you will gbe around i will tell him
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Yunj I am still playing with the routes and whatnot. On heisman I have gotten varied results, I got blown out by bama once and my zone got destroyed, the second time I shut them out and zone played very well. seems like play calling is a bit more important this time around as certain coverages are only designed to stop certain route combinations.

My main issue right now, is I cant stop a five yard hitch. A simple hitch. I run cover 2 and bump and run, they just stand behind the guy and let him catch it, same with man, I cant stop the hitch...
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I have been posting impressions over on OS, I will paste em in here.

Urban, what time could you play Zehp tonight earliest?

Just depends on when the college world series game is over. I'm headed straight home after, so about 30-45 minutes after it ends.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Dips what you speak of is a sad truth about owning a PS3.

A year ago I owned both I did a side by side comparison, took pics, and posted it on a website to show people how big a difference there is.

Not EVERY game is like this, but many are unforttunately.

NCAA 11 looked pretty similar in the retail version, but I just played the 360 version on my same TV, both on HDMI just like you, and the 360 version mops the floor with the PS3 version

Damn man I had no idea till now. It may be a PS3 deal breaker for me. I just assumed that because the PS3 had blu ray that it was better graphically. Fuck no. The PS3 graphics eat shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm