GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
IUcookie
chugg18
Killwill008
ihubbard
Jbrax1122
dipsh
10 posters

Offseason Recruiting

Ttech96

Offseason Recruiting - Page 4 Empty A question about recruiting....

Post by Ttech96 Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am

I am in at least three OD and severval off dynasty testing recruiting. I know winning cures everything but I have seen winning and losing programs only grabbing between 8 and 12 recruits. I see the CPU grabbing some for us too but most are lower end one star no star guys. So if we are only getting realistically 15 guys a year we are going not to need to cut but we are certainly going to weak in certain areas of the dept chart. Are these the same results you guys are seeing or am I just not used to the new system.

TTU96
    citylimit10
    citylimit10

Offseason Recruiting - Page 4 Empty Re: Offseason Recruiting

Post by citylimit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am

I signed around 20 players this year (16 prior to offseason recruiting) and only 1 of them was a walk-on that the cpu added. I don't know everyone else's methods, but I generally just don't even bother with players who don't already have an interest in my school (usually top 3). And once I fall too far back of 1st on any recruits list I drop them and focus on my other prospects.
    Ttech96

Post by Ttech96 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 am

citylimit10 wrote:I signed around 20 players this year (16 prior to offseason recruiting) and only 1 of them was a walk-on that the cpu added. I don't know everyone else's methods, but I generally just don't even bother with players who don't already have an interest in my school (usually top 3). And once I fall too far back of 1st on any recruits list I drop them and focus on my other prospects.
    Maybe I should try a different method I am so used to putting 20-23 guys on list and spreading minutes over them I get a man-crush and leave them on the list hoping I can get by with just bonuses and I basically don't sign upper end guys and far too behind on the medium 3star talent I dont make a very big classes.

TTU96
    Keep Wreckinn
    Keep Wreckinn

Post by Keep Wreckinn Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Ttech96 wrote:
    citylimit10 wrote:I signed around 20 players this year (16 prior to offseason recruiting) and only 1 of them was a walk-on that the cpu added. I don't know everyone else's methods, but I generally just don't even bother with players who don't already have an interest in my school (usually top 3). And once I fall too far back of 1st on any recruits list I drop them and focus on my other prospects.
    Maybe I should try a different method I am so used to putting 20-23 guys on list and spreading minutes over them I get a man-crush and leave them on the list hoping I can get by with just bonuses and I basically don't sign upper end guys and far too behind on the medium 3star talent I dont make a very big classes.

TTU96
    For me personally my recruiting strategy is go after two guys that are a stretch, typically a 5 star or 4 star guy that i have a chance at signing but im not numner 1 and ill pour a shit ton of points into them for a few weeks and if i go up in there boards i stay in em. For the rest of my guys i have to be in their top 3-4 when recrutiing starts, also when im lookong for recruits i try to find good guys who have weak teams in their top and it is easier to jump weak teams than it is bama and texas.
    citylimit10
    citylimit10

Post by citylimit10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Just want to throw this out there for all my ACC brethren. Since I don't get to play against North Carolina this year, I'm gonna ask you all... if you see a corner named Matt Moss when you have the ball in open field with one of you big bruisers... just go ahead and truck that bastard! Sonofabitch had me #1 all last season and bails on me last minute! Same thing with Boston College's WR Michael Lee. I'm gonna hit stick the shit out of him every time I see him!
    Keep Wreckinn
    Keep Wreckinn

Post by Keep Wreckinn Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 pm

citylimit10 wrote:Just want to throw this out there for all my ACC brethren. Since I don't get to play against North Carolina this year, I'm gonna ask you all... if you see a corner named Matt Moss when you have the ball in open field with one of you big bruisers... just go ahead and truck that bastard! Sonofabitch had me #1 all last season and bails on me last minute! Same thing with Boston College's WR Michael Lee. I'm gonna hit stick the shit out of him every time I see him!
    I think we can manage that! We have no problem smacking Tar Heels

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:57 am