GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois)

dipsh
    dipsh

Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois) Empty Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois)

Post by dipsh Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Put scouting reports on your opponents in here. No back and forth just scouting reports.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois) Empty Re: Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois)

Post by dipsh Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 pm

South02

Offense - Shotgun spread, plays very sim style but once you get him to 3rd and long he is a good enough decision maker to take advantage of the fact that DB's won't cover anyone. He threw 4 picks 3 of which were bad decisions and 1 went straight off a wide open receiver's hands. He had some success running just basic counters and powers out of SG but that was mostly because I was forced to run quarters D and pick pass every single play to even slow down the deep ins and deep outs. Drags killed me and screens worked well because I was so hell bent on trying to stop the deeper passes (which I never did). I was trying the bend but don't break D and I ran the bend and break and bend over D.

Defense - Could not stop the pass at all (no fault of his) My guys were wide open over and over. He'd adjust to the out pattern and I'd throw the in. He shut down the read option well and the few times I tried to run he handled it well. He is a good player and makes adjustments. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to his D cuz I was mostly focusing on trying to make some adjustment to get my secondary to do something.

He said the key to the game was picks. I threw 3 and he threw 4. One of mine was on the final drive just throwing up bombs late. I think the key to the game was he tightened up in the red zone 3 times and made me kick FG's. I honestly think we may have punted once each. I think he fumbled once too. Good user. Doesn't cheese. I thought he could have chewed clock and knelt on it late to show sportsmanship but he cotinued to get big runs and screens cuz I was afraid he might throw deep but other than that one small thing he was a fun user to play.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois) Empty Re: Scouting Reports on South02(Illinois)

Post by IUcookie Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Dipsh is right for the most part about South:

Offense- Didn't see any under center formations. That may be because I got a nice lead early on and forced him to throw basically the whole game. One thing Dipsh forgot to mention was that South liked to roll out to his right sometimes. The first couple times I couldn't get to his QB but one time I brought the heat and he couldn't react. Then I also confused him by bringing a cornerback on a blitz on the right side and he ran right into him. Anyway, drags and slants for the most part along with corner routes and posts. I played quarters defense and nickel for the most part and I just blitzed here and there.

Defense- I only had around 100 yards passing for the game on like 10 attempts so I'm not sure about his coverage. I ran the ball on him pretty good but I couldn't pull off a BIG run on him. I ran the read option with no problem. His guys dropped a couple picks that he should have had.

I had control of the game throughout. There was a time where he got it to like 41-23 in the third and I had to convert a third down and I did. If I didnt convert that this game might have been closer.
    Killwill008

Post by Killwill008 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:14 am

South02

The first two reports were accurate. On offense I don't think he was under center for all but 1 snap the whole game. He couldn't establish the run game so he threw it a lot and It was working for him he has 2 plays that I couldn't stop both to the outside. He took advantage of my d when I was controlling the safeties and hit a couple of long bombs up the middle for touchdowns. I was switching coverages and i Think I confused him sometimes I would play zone when he thought it was man and he grew 3 interceptions and that changed the game.

Defense- he played zone for most of the game but my running game was on point he couldn't stop my read option running attack and when he was focused on stopping the run. I Hit him with some play action for a couple of touchdowns. it was a 10 point game at the half but between my running attack and his turnovers. Was able to pull away

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am