GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
chugg18
pops21kid
Joker12
jusblaze09
TheWeatherMan
dclark44
splff3000
getonmylevelho
stoptherun
Jaredlib
Rauloe
urbanslegend05
da5playmaker
17 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 5 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Hmmmmm..........
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Yo YUNJ you ever decide what team you wanna roll with next year? I am trying to formulate a list to keep track of like we did for Madden
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 pm

lol

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 5 Wrap-it-up

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167109p1.html

Today, the PlayStation Blog released a new statement (perhaps the briefest one yet) about the PlayStation Network outage. Written by the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Social Media Patrick Seybold, the statement in its entirety says:

"I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can't give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process."

If Seybold's "a few more days" statement holds true, PlayStation 3 gamers can hope for the PSN's return before this coming weekend. The operative word being hope.

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Jeeesus christ.

Well.

In other news....I have been reading through that gamingtailgate website that had the recent custom playbooks post. There is a lot of good stuff on there. The guys who run it are part of the EA community day events where they fly down and play the game for a weekend and provide feedback. They have posted some in depth impressions of the game so far in their comment threads and I can't get enough of it.

One great comment is in one play now game right before halftime the CPU called 4 vert and he came out in 3-2-6 cover 2 zone, and all the defenders hung with their WRs as nobody came underneath instead of just stopping 7 yards down the field. This is awesome.

Basically, it seems like with all the gameplay improvements ratings are really going to matter this year, route running to beat man/zone, coverage ratings, all that good stuff. Imagine how much time Spliff and Hawk will spend in preseason now lol it will be like the PSN going down every time we hit pre-season.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Also, a number of comments in the thread on gamingtailgate posted with the zone defense video are really exciting, the guys basically say the new defense really shines and the scores from user games all reflected the new defensive improvements.

The next bit if info I really am looking forward to and curious about is improvements to CPU logic with scrambling or running the spread. I want denard robinson to play like denard robinson
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Day 20 of the saga
    this fuckin drama continues...
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 pm

I really hope they can do that shit during the season bc that would be a long ass wait
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:I really hope they can do that shit during the season bc that would be a long ass wait

Seriously man.

Like, I hate to pile on Hawk, hes my boy, but he would like get really upset when he didn't get the 5*s he wanted and I get it, he spends HOURS setting up his board...but I kept thinking like....maybe just don't spend so much time looking at numbers and you won't be so disappointed?? Lol I dunno man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't just throw on 15 random dudes on my board, but it seems like the key info you need is pretty much right in front of you.

I dunno, just saying, with the ability to run the exact style of offense and defense we want now, and with the ratings mattering more to reflect players ability to run that offense, Spliff and Hawk might be pulling all nighters on their recruiting boards lol.

And Hawk....you gotta admit brotha, I think it was the season before this one you were really upset with the CPU snagging 3 five stars from you but you still had the best class in the dynasty lol
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Well, at least, unless I am very mistaken, we should be within a month of so from the demo being released, assuming they do it the same time as last year.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 4:25 pm

There is a pretty interesting thread over on OS regarding the custom playbooks and the debate is basically is it really realistic or exploitable to be able to literally run any play you want.

At first I was very much pro-anything regarding customs but a couple guys bring up decent points. You really don't see any teams line up in flexbone and then go to run n shoot philosophies the next play.

Personally, I don't think it is an issue, but perhaps should some sort of limit, meaning there was a "net" grouping certain formations into certain philosophies that one has to stick to, something along those lines, should be discussed?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Tue May 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Jaredlib wrote:There is a pretty interesting thread over on OS regarding the custom playbooks and the debate is basically is it really realistic or exploitable to be able to literally run any play you want.

At first I was very much pro-anything regarding customs but a couple guys bring up decent points. You really don't see any teams line up in flexbone and then go to run n shoot philosophies the next play.

Personally, I don't think it is an issue, but perhaps should some sort of limit, meaning there was a "net" grouping certain formations into certain philosophies that one has to stick to, something along those lines, should be discussed?

Really? Oh...I thought going with two formations, one a heavy set with 3 RB and the other 5 WR out of the Shotgun was realistic. Wonder what gave me that idea.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 5:31 pm

12 is gonna be sick man, can't wait.

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 6:17 pm

to me it wont be a big deal because if you think about it that's basically what a Multi-offense is and I'm sure there will be a limit of how many formations you can have. if I'm not wrong in 11 when you use a mixed offense playbook it is usually 2 or 3 sets for each formation. And if the defense is as smart/effective as they claim then i think some of that cheesy stuff will not work. I still think they need to use the same QB attributes as Madden because it makes the QB play different and it noticeable. Because not every QB is a short or med passer but can put it on a WR deep (Michael Vick) then you got the guys who mitotically move the ball with short effective passes (Peyton Manning) and then you got guys that can do it all (Drew Brees). The QB position is more that throwing power and accuracy
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:to me it wont be a big deal because if you think about it that's basically what a Multi-offense is and I'm sure there will be a limit of how many formations you can have. if I'm not wrong in 11 when you use a mixed offense playbook it is usually 2 or 3 sets for each formation. And if the defense is as smart/effective as they claim then i think some of that cheesy stuff will not work. I still think they need to use the same QB attributes as Madden because it makes the QB play different and it noticeable. Because not every QB is a short or med passer but can put it on a WR deep (Michael Vick) then you got the guys who mitotically move the ball with short effective passes (Peyton Manning) and then you got guys that can do it all (Drew Brees). The QB position is more that throwing power and accuracy

I agree about QB ratings. Madden does it right.

The limit to formations is 40. That number has the mandatory formations "special teams, goal line" built into it.

So with 35+ custom formations, close to 400 plays, that's a LOT of room for personalization. I think it is great.

The debate on OS was about whether or not it is SIM. Personally,I think it adds a new layer to the game that will be very fun to watch play out.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Tue May 10, 2011 6:29 pm

If I can have 35 formations, I might average 60 points. That is ridiculous I'm a good way, especially if defenses can actually stop drags and slants with zone.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Tue May 10, 2011 6:35 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:If I can have 35 formations, I might average 60 points. That is ridiculous I'm a good way, especially if defenses can actually stop drags and slants with zone.

The 16 guys who were invited to the first community day to test the game a couple weeks ago said all the scores from user games were lower than normal and commented a few times about it being harder (in a good way) to get into a rhythm on defense.

I think the custom defenses can cancel out any advantage a custom offense might have, I think it is going to be a fun battle.

They are doing another community testing day this month to tweak things for the demo that should hit early-mid June.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

If you use 40 formations, you gonna have less plays in each one. Just saying

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

I really think the "new defense" is a advanced version of the defense in Madden. You know how sometime when you play NCAA and the defense acutally make a play it seem like the CPU cheating. Well in Madden when the CPU made a play it seems natural not forced. Example: In NCAA a DB could be beat but somehow warps to the perfect position and pick the ball or knock it down or if you catch it tackle you. But in Madden from what i see the defense actually play life like defense and play the guy like a really DB would and there is no warping. And in Madden you have to play like you playing real football meaning passing is timed based. Like when you run a play that have the QB doing a 3, 5, 7 step drop when you get to that last step you guy should be making his cut and you have to get the ball out on time. And in Madden they make you do how many ever steps the QB should to be effective so in other words there is no snaping the ball and taking off as soon as you get it, that really cuts down on cheese and the D-line is beastly lol You wont be standing in the pocket for 10 seconds because they d-line will beat the o-line in realistic manner so you kind of feel like a real QB because you got to see the blitz, read the coverage, do your drop, and hit you guy on time

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:00 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:If you use 40 formations, you gonna have less plays in each one. Just saying
    Thats what im saying i feel if a person dont know what they doing they going to have a big pile of mess. The reason i say that is because you also have to be able to get to the plays you want to run quickly and find them easy.....which brings to the point that Madden actually have Gameplanning were you can set different plays that you like to run on different downs and distances. Example: If you like to run a running play or throw on 1st and long then you can set like 5 plays i think that the CPU will call for you so all you got to do is run the play. And tbh it shortens the game by like 25% so the games be shorter because you spend less time search through a whole set trying to find 1 play

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 pm

wow it been so long since i play a game online i have forgot what it feel like lol

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Lol dont this whole thing feel like on of those movies where its a complete blackout and everyone freaking out and everytime they listen to the news on their battery powered radio the guy says the same thing every day "we dont know the exact day when it will be back on but we will keep you informed" lol
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed May 11, 2011 12:53 am

Im gonna get it tomorrow, 10 bucks is hard to beat for an open ended game like that.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed May 11, 2011 1:01 am

For real, I might even buy it if it's that cheap bc I damn sure haven't played NCAA in 3 weeks

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 am

why does the preown price cost more than the list price? And i saw InFamous in the Best Buy store and it was like $30. Maybe the didnt have the mark down price on it
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed May 11, 2011 1:52 am

Happy birthday yung. Maybe psn will give you a present.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:59 am