GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Preacher_jack
splff3000
TJ
drew-73-stl
Shooter
Sinister
jhawk886
11 posters

Draft Trades Poll

Poll

Which would you prefer?

[ 4 ]
    Draft Trades Poll Bar_left27%Draft Trades Poll Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Draft Trades Poll Bar_left73%Draft Trades Poll Bar_right [73%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Draft Trades Poll Empty Draft Trades Poll

Post by jhawk886 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Last edited by jhawk886 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sinister
    Sinister

Draft Trades Poll Empty Re: Draft Trades Poll

Post by Sinister Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

I like the idea if you just want to swap picks...its an option any way ..plus you still get to trade players and count against your draft limit
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 am

Option 2 for sure.
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 am

trade is a trade is a trade....why not count picks as your trade? those picks become players starts and regulars that year or soon...so they should count as your trades per season
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

drew-73-stl wrote:trade is a trade is a trade....why not count picks as your trade? those picks become players starts and regulars that year or soon...so they should count as your trades per season

WHAT THE FUCK... I actually agree with drew, a trade is a trade no matter if it's players, players and picks, picks, etc etc. I'm assuming this is for trading up and down in the draft, while this would be nice to do, having it unrestricted and having an already long draft (I know for a fact it will be paused over and over for dumb dumbs), it's just gonna lead to HOLD ON OUR TRADE IS ALMOST TROUGH JUST GIVE US A SEC TO ACCEPT IT 10x during the draft, not to mention flooding the chat box with offers.

Only thing I would say is if guys want to do draft trades, is to move the "new season" to right after the Super Bowl, that way everyone will have at least 2 trades and can make any deals from then on unto draft night instead of having it start after the draft and have to hold on to trades until the following draft.

Almost all the trades in the NFL are during the offseason and during the draft, very rarely do trades happen during the season, only makes sense to start the season after the Super Bowl and reload the trade limit instead of after the Draft when teams are pretty much set after resignings, FA, and the draft.

Plus, might as well move up the "new year" because even when people had no trades left, they still worked out trades leading up to the draft that would be passed afterwards when they got more trades rights. So having the season start after the draft doesn't stop people from working out trade deals even though they have no trades left. And having the season start after the Super Bowl works better because even if guys have no trades left, you can work out trades going into the Offseason after Wk 8, so having trades left or not doesn't matter because you couldn't use em after Wk 8 until the Offseason anyways.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:54 am

tmjohns18 wrote:
    drew-73-stl wrote:trade is a trade is a trade....why not count picks as your trade? those picks become players starts and regulars that year or soon...so they should count as your trades per season

WHAT THE FUCK... I actually agree with drew, a trade is a trade no matter if it's players, players and picks, picks, etc etc. I'm assuming this is for trading up and down in the draft, while this would be nice to do, having it unrestricted and having an already long draft (I know for a fact it will be paused over and over for dumb dumbs), it's just gonna lead to HOLD ON OUR TRADE IS ALMOST TROUGH JUST GIVE US A SEC TO ACCEPT IT 10x during the draft, not to mention flooding the chat box with offers.

Only thing I would say is if guys want to do draft trades, is to move the "new season" to right after the Super Bowl, that way everyone will have at least 2 trades and can make any deals from then on unto draft night instead of having it start after the draft and have to hold on to trades until the following draft.

Almost all the trades in the NFL are during the offseason and during the draft, very rarely do trades happen during the season, only makes sense to start the season after the Super Bowl and reload the trade limit instead of after the Draft when teams are pretty much set after resignings, FA, and the draft.

Plus, might as well move up the "new year" because even when people had no trades left, they still worked out trades leading up to the draft that would be passed afterwards when they got more trades rights. So having the season start after the draft doesn't stop people from working out trade deals even though they have no trades left. And having the season start after the Super Bowl works better because even if guys have no trades left, you can work out trades going into the Offseason after Wk 8, so having trades left or not doesn't matter because you couldn't use em after Wk 8 until the Offseason anyways.

Hey hawk, if its possible, I'd like to change my pick. I know you can't change it on the actual poll but you can make a mental note. I voted for the draft trades not to count towards the trade limit, but TJ made some very good points that I hadn't thought about. I agree with everything TJ said believe it or not. So please make sure to make a mental note that I changed it to have it count towards the limit.

Fyi, TJ I asked hawk when he gonna start the new season and he said he is starting after the superbowl so that part of what you said is already happening.
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 am

No take backs splff.
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 am

tmjohns18 wrote:

I agree with this.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 am

Trade is a trade.
    russellmorris52
    russellmorris52

Post by russellmorris52 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Im new here , but i have alot of experience in online leagues, My opinion is that trades should be monitored not Limited too much. When you limit trades too much people only go for big trades , when you allow more people make smaller deals, i might trade a 3rd round pick for a 72 ovr Reciever or something even smaller. It gives people more control over how they construct their team. But I do understand its a little more realistic to limit trades so i dont mind.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Alright splff, and a couple things tj.

First, as splff already mentioned, I'm starting the new season right after the Super Bowl, so trades involving next season's drafts will be allowed to go through starting in the offseason. Hopefully, we move through the offseason at a good pace and so that doesn't leave a ton of time for guys to actually work out trades if they want to. So to give them some extra time and hopefully cut down on the number of draft day trades, guys can submit a trade that will occur once the offseason starts as soon as the playoffs start. For any actual in-draft trades, to streamline the process so that we can move faster, I'll just approve/deny any trades.

As far as pausing the draft, hopefully, I am the only one able to pause the draft. If this is the case, we are all given 2 minutes I believe to select our pick and there will be no pausing whatsoever. I don't care if you're taking a shit, running an errand, need an extra 5 seconds, I will never pause the draft if I'm the only one who can because 2 minutes each is enough time and we need to keep the draft moving.

If, other people can pause the draft (which I really hope EA didn't do because someone could pause it and leave it paused indefinitely if I can't unpause it) then there will be a max of one pause per team. If a team pauses more than once, he loses his next pick.

My reasoning behind potentially making pick only trades unrestricted is because in real life these kind of trades happen much more regularly than do player trades. I know everyone uses the Pats as an example but they're a good one. Last year they traded up or down 3 different times in the draft. They also were involved in the trading 4 different players so that wouldn't have even been close to possible to achieve in our league, especially with pick for pick trades counting against the draft limit. This was the Patriots' draft:

2012 Patriots Draft Picks
    This is the list of the Patriots draft picks going into the 2012 NFL Draft:

Updated: April 28th, 2012

1st Round (Pick 21) Chandler Jones (DE, Syracuse)
    1st Round (Pick 25) Dont’a Hightower (LB, Alabama)
    2nd Round (Pick 48) Tavon Wilson (S, Illinois)
    3rd Round (Pick 90) Jake Bequette (DE, Arkansas)
    6th Round (Pick 197) Nate Ebner (DB, Ohio State)
    7th Round (Pick 224) Alfonzo Dennard (CB, Nebraska)
    7th Round (Pick 235) Jeremy Ebert (WR, Northwestern)

Picks traded away:
    2nd Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    3rd Round – (CIN – Trade Up)
    4th Round – (DEN – Trade Up)
    5th Round – (GB – Trade Down)
    7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
    7th Round – (via PHI, to MIN – Randy Moss)
    6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
    5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

I'm cool with whatever the majority decides and if it's deemed "a trade is a trade" that's less work for me, but I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to try and get things as realistic as possible; since it shouldn't slow us down much at all.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Also, I just opened vote cancelling so splff, you can switch your vote now if you want.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:53 pm

I voted for trades involving picks don't count towards the limit.

My reasoning is basically what Hawk posted, and I tried to make that point when we were discussing this during the planning for M13.

That being said, since we're starting our new league year right after the Superbowl I feel that it should also be a rule that you need to have your draft pick trades submitted for voting prior to one hour before the draft is scheduled to begin.
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm

I like russell's thinking.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:06 pm

keep the government out of draft trades..

i dont think everybody will be chomping at the bit to make a trade..but there will be some occurrences where teams can better their draft by trading up and down..i vote just let it ride.

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Aftershock9958 wrote:I voted for trades involving picks don't count towards the limit.

My reasoning is basically what Hawk posted, and I tried to make that point when we were discussing this during the planning for M13.

That being said, since we're starting our new league year right after the Superbowl I feel that it should also be a rule that you need to have your draft pick trades submitted for voting prior to one hour before the draft is scheduled to begin.

I like the last part of this shock. As much as I like it tho, I don't think its practical. Most of the time a trade during the draft is to move up to get a player. You don't know whether a player us gonna be there. Until the draft starts.

getonmylevelho wrote:keep the government out of draft trades..

i dont think everybody will be chomping at the bit to make a trade..but there will be some occurrences where teams can better their draft by trading up and down..i vote just let it ride.

Unfortunately Ho, due to the retardedness that happens in here at times, we can't just let it ride nor should we lol.

On a different note, I have the rams top pick but I'm looking to move down. If you got something for me let me know. https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t935p10-oakland-raiders-trade-block#44866
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

A little bit from the chatbox that I think needs further discussion:

[19:35:20] @ jhawk886 : I'll be in here
    [19:35:26] @ jhawk886 : and my phone will be turned off
    [19:35:27] @ jhawk886 : lol
    [19:35:29] @ Dolfinley : oh shit, we trying to work on draft trades?
    [19:35:45] @ jhawk886 : so anyone who wants to do a trade has to get my approval in here
    [19:36:17] Aftershock9958 : hawk, I don't think that's going to work out too well
    [19:36:42] Aftershock9958 : the trade can only involve whoever is on the clock, and the timer runs while you're making the trade
    [19:36:56] @ jhawk886 : yeah
    [19:37:20] @ jhawk886 : so if you want to make a trade, you'll have to get it done quick
    [19:37:25] tmjohns18 : you gonna put a limit on draft trades
    [19:37:35] tmjohns18 : so someone doesn't keep trading back
    [19:37:50] Aftershock9958 : It's impossible to do it quick imo
    [19:38:03] @ jhawk886 : I doubt it as long as it's just picks
    [19:38:05] Aftershock9958 : you remember how crazy the chatbox got during the drafts last year
    [19:38:18] @ jhawk886 : if someone wants to keep trading back and can find people willing to trade fine with me
    [19:38:23] tmjohns18 : yeah shock
    [19:38:44] tmjohns18 : if you got 4 guys wanting a pick and there's a bidding war gonna flood the chatbox
    [19:38:44] @ jhawk886 : yeah shit will be hectic
    [19:38:53] tmjohns18 : not to mention 4 other picks being traded same time
    [19:39:04] @ jhawk886 : but how else would we do it
    [19:39:12] Aftershock9958 : that's why I said in the vote that we should put a deadline on them
    [19:39:26] Aftershock9958 : if you want to trade picks you got to do it before the draft begins
    [19:39:46] Aftershock9958 : especially since the draft projections won't count for shit with 25+ users drafting, no one will go when they're projected to
    [19:40:12] @ jhawk886 : shock that defeats the main purpose of the draft trades
    [19:40:35] @ jhawk886 : If a guy you really want is still sitting there 5 picks ahead of you, you can trade up
    [19:40:51] @ jhawk886 : but no sense trading up for that pick pre-draft if you expect him to go earlier
    [19:40:56] Aftershock9958 : I feel like that situation is highly unlikely
    [19:41:09] Aftershock9958 : well, what about something in between?
    [19:41:16] tmjohns18 : hawk there will be 6th round guys picked in the 1st
    [19:41:28] Aftershock9958 : a deadline to trade as many picks as you want, and then a 1 or 2 trade limit during
    [19:41:31] @ jhawk886 : your point is tj?
    [19:41:41] @ splff3000 : I like that shock
    [19:42:00] @ splff3000 : hawk i think shock has a good idea about the draft trades

Just my feeling that if we allow people to wait until the draft is in session, we're going to run into a time issue. Those of you here for last years draft remember how that went, and that was with a limit on your total trades. The chatbox will be real hectic and getting trades ironed out in the heat of the moment will be, at least in my opinion, near impossible without even taking into account if there happens to be any type of bidding wars taking place.

Something to discuss for you guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm