GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
jhawk886
getonmylevelho
stoptherun
splff3000
pops21kid
urbanslegend05
Jaredlib
11 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 17 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Jaredlib Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:39 am

Hey hawk are you positive about the user.game settings? I've read that before.but.I have seenna dev confirm it

I only ask cuz it.seems like.I notice a.difference.between these.games.and ranked.games. when I play zehp heads up I go in and.change all the sliders.on both controllers.to the settings we use and.thebgames.feel good

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 am

Jaredlib wrote:Hey hawk are you positive about the user.game settings? I've read that before.but.I have seenna dev confirm it

I only ask cuz it.seems like.I notice a.difference.between these.games.and ranked.games. when I play zehp heads up I go in and.change all the sliders.on both controllers.to the settings we use and.thebgames.feel good
    Yea i think its the talent you have im like a old school coach if you got a good O-line and D-line then you can be in alot of games.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:55 am

And to me this is hands down the best OD i've been in. Because i tried to start my own OD but i guess it was too late in the year and to close to ncaa 12 but i was going to be just like this one. But yea i love this OD and hope it dont break up over differences
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 am

What's up hawk? You ready to win a championship?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:11 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:What's up hawk? You ready to win a championship?
    Lemme take an extensive shit and then we can hope that we don't go through the same shit as last year.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:13 am

Alright well be sure to while your ass and try to hurry. I got American idol to watch still, lol.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 am

hey urb you think we will do offseason tomorrow or friday just wanted to kno so i can rest up so i can stay up late.
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 am

3-3 end of first quarter for the championship

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:58 am

wow its a close one
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 am

13-3 ND scores with 6 seconds left in the half
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 am

The beatdown is over

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 am

congrads Hawk
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 am

I certainly wasn't try too piss anyone off. I was throwing it out for discussion. The sliders do not affect user games but the speed threshold absolutely does. It doesn't make the fast guys any faster or the game play any faster. It only makes the slow guys slower. Or the difference from a fast guy to a slow guy more noticable. I was simply asking why you guys did this. I am new and had no idea that it was such a touchy subject to the commish. I win some and lose some on heisman with default sliders and a default speed threshold same as I do on this set. I only asked because I play this game a lot and I have never seen the amount of unrealistic shit happen in games as I do in this league. I currently run my own league and I know how annoying and unappreciative it is when people start ragging on the way I do stuff. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I really was just curious and I guess I kinda worded it douchey. Sorry I will STFU and hopefully I will issue some beat downs in the near future.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 am

dipsh wrote:I certainly wasn't try too piss anyone off. I was throwing it out for discussion. The sliders do not affect user games but the speed threshold absolutely does. It doesn't make the fast guys any faster or the game play any faster. It only makes the slow guys slower. Or the difference from a fast guy to a slow guy more noticable. I was simply asking why you guys did this. I am new and had no idea that it was such a touchy subject to the commish. I win some and lose some on heisman with default sliders and a default speed threshold same as I do on this set. I only asked because I play this game a lot and I have never seen the amount of unrealistic shit happen in games as I do in this league. I currently run my own league and I know how annoying and unappreciative it is when people start ragging on the way I do stuff. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I really was just curious and I guess I kinda worded it douchey. Sorry I will STFU and hopefully I will issue some beat downs in the near future.
    you good everyone is entitled to a opinion but i get what you saying now bout the speed but i never noticed it
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 am

'I guess the game just wanted you to have that one'. Lol, nah I'm not gonnaake excuses. My top two qbs were out and I had to burn a redshirt just to have a qb, but whatever, I got my ass beat. I didn't have a guy open all day in between being sacked. In truth I probably should have run it more. You played pretty flawless though and I played pretty awful. I dont know why you felt the need to score the extra td at the end. I mean I get that I called timout but it was fourth and 8 and I wanted to try to get a td and make it look half respectable. I don't know why you then had to start calling timeouts. To me that was pretty douche like but whatever I ain't mad at yah. If that's how you make yourself feel better congratulations. To me winning usually does it but I guess you wanted to rub it in. Whatever though, I'll definitely be back and you better believe my team will play better when I don't have to burn a refshirt just to put a qb on the field. Good game, you earned it.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

dipsh wrote:I certainly wasn't try too piss anyone off. I was throwing it out for discussion. The sliders do not affect user games but the speed threshold absolutely does. It doesn't make the fast guys any faster or the game play any faster. It only makes the slow guys slower. Or the difference from a fast guy to a slow guy more noticable. I was simply asking why you guys did this. I am new and had no idea that it was such a touchy subject to the commish. I win some and lose some on heisman with default sliders and a default speed threshold same as I do on this set. I only asked because I play this game a lot and I have never seen the amount of unrealistic shit happen in games as I do in this league. I currently run my own league and I know how annoying and unappreciative it is when people start ragging on the way I do stuff. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I really was just curious and I guess I kinda worded it douchey. Sorry I will STFU and hopefully I will issue some beat downs in the near future.

Hey man, it wasn't touchy. I'm alright with bringing it up. You could volunteer a slider set if you think you have some we should try out. There's always room for improvement.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 am

He ran it up on ya? Gay. That's way worse than bad sliders. The FSU guy was classy as hell in our game. It made the beat down he gave me sting a lot less. Too bad. That is what kills leagues quicker than bad sliders.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 am

I meant Hawk on the touchy comment. He seemed to get a little upset that I even inquired.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 am

I wouldn't mind starting another league that advances less often and maybe we all be one conference. If anyone is interested let me know. Me, my brother and cousin have been looking to get into a bigger league.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 am

And the Fighting Irish capture their 2nd National Title in 3 years under coach jhawk with a 27-3 win over the swamp dwellers from Florida.

The game started out with the Irish getting the ball and proceeding to break off a big run by Brian Wood deep into Gator territory. Unfortunately for them, the Gator defense stiffened up and they were forced to settle for a field goal to take a 3-0 lead.

On the Gators first possession disaster struck as already having lost their star quarterback Dan Lucky in the game against Auburn, their backup quarterback Carl Marshall got hit and knocked out. Head coach urbanslegend was forced to pull the redshirt off of sophomore quarterback Brandon Armstrong and put him in the game cold. The Gators resolve would not be shaken however and the young sophomore orchestrated a long, methodical drive that encompassed over 5 minutes almost to the end of the first quarter. Like the Irish however, the Gators faced a tough redzone defense and were forced to settle for a field goal.

The second quarter started off tied 3-3 and the Irish were again driving. This time though, the Gators were able to stop them before they got into their territory and the Irish had to punt.

With Armstrong at the helm, the Gators again proceeded to drive down the field on the tough Irish defense looking to put 7 on the board this time. Unfortunately, one bad decision by Brandon and it made a world of difference. He threw a pass to one of the Gators' favorite targets, senior wide receiver Derrick Spence on an out route and star Irish corner Matt Davis was in front of him the whole way, Davis intercepted the pass and returned it 47 yards deep into Gator territory before he was knocked out of bounds by Armstrong.

The Irish then squandered another great opportunity as they would only get 3 points off the turnover.

Notre Dame's defense then came up big however as they forced a three and out from the potent Gators offensive attack and got their offense the ball back with just over 3 minutes in the half.

The Irish finally figured out some holes in the Gators' defensive scheme and exploited them getting in the red zone with time running out in the half. After a great defensive stop on 3rd and 1 by the Gators' defense to force 4th and inches, coach jhawk had a tough choice. He elected to let time run down as much as he could (to about 20 seconds left) and then went for it. The gutsy call paid off and the Irish picked up the first down. A couple of plays and timeouts later and the Irish were knocking on the goal line. With just 5 seconds left in the half, Brian Wood punched it in from 1 yard out to give the Irish a 10 point, 13-3 lead going into halftime.

The third quarter started out with the Gators having the ball but unable to do anything with it. The Irish would then follow suit and a procession of punts back and forth would ensue until the Irish were finally able to put a drive together. They got into Gator territory and were again stopped by the tough Florida defense. Senior wide receiver DaMarcus Thomas was wide open on a crossing route but Battle slightly overthrew him and Thomas made a great one handed catch, but fell to the turf in the process, bringing up fourth down as he was short of the sticks. On the right hash, the Irish kicker Bryan Bryant had a tough kick angle and missed it just wide left as it bounced off of the left post.

The Gators hoping they could garner some momentum from the missed field goal came up short again as they were forced to punt without moving the ball too much.

The fourth quarter started with a still tense atmosphere as the Irish held a narrow 13-3 lead. After a couple of consecutive punts by both teams, it looked as if the true sophomore for the Gators might be able to finally get something going; unfortunately, just as the last time, the Irish defense came up big with an interception to end the drive.

the Irish were then able to manufacture another good drive and drove down to punch it in on another run from Wood, this time from 6 yards out.

Down 17 with just under 3 minutes left, the Gators had to move fast to stand a chance and again looked as if they might do just that. After another sack from star senior defensive end Bryan Barret, who had five in the game, the Gators were faced with a long 4th and long. As Armstrong scrambled around deep behind the line of scrimmage as he was forced to do for much of the game, he lobbed it up to a wide receiver running a post deep downfield. Irish free safety Kingsley Sanchez wasn't about to let another Hail Mary (literally the prayer type) from Armstrong be completed. Sanchez broke in front of the ball and timed the knock down perfectly to secure the ball and inevitably the game for the Irish.

With the ball in Gator territory and just over 2 minutes left and Florida still having all their timeouts, the Irish ran the ball a couple of times. But after seeing that the Gators had conceded the game and didn't take any timeouts, they kneeled the ball on 3rd and 6 with just under 30 seconds left to end the game and walk off as National Champions.

Hold on a second though folks. In a rather stunning move coach Urbanslegend then decided to take a timeout attempting to force an Irish punt as it was 4th and 8 from the Gators 43. Enraged by the audicity of coach urbanslegend, coach jhawk told his offense to go back out there and put up 7 more.

Battle connected on a 13 yard pass to, who else but Reggie Shelton, for the first down. From there the Irish went into hurry up mode to make the Gators pay for the classless timeout. Another completion to Shelton on a slant across the middle and the Irish were in business into the Gators red zone. The Irish completed a pass short of the first down and so were forced to take a time out to keep their quest alive. Down inside the five the Irish tried to punch it in on a wishbone option but backup QB Kevin Lamb (entered the game due to a bruised shoulder to Battle) was stopped just short at the one. From there, coach Jhawk called an I-Form power option to try and punch it in one last time before time ran out. However, seeing that the Gators came out in a goal line defense shifted to the right and left Shelton uncoveed, Battle (back in) audibled to quick slants and found Shelton wide open in the endzone to increase the Irish's lead to 24 and ended the game.

After the game, coach Jhawk was asked why he ran the score up on the Gators when the game was obviously over. "Some people may see it as "douchey" or a classless move, and I would just about always agree with them. However, I feel that what their coach did was extremely classless as well. We were ending the game because it was obviously in hand and yet they decided to try and pull a fast one on us and get the ball back to potentially score again. "F*** that" I say. I told my guys, "F*** that noise. We don't put up with that shit. If they're gonna try that shit we're gonna fucking beat they're asses into a pulp for it. F***ing show them what it means to be Notre Dame."

"Coach urbanslegend may feel he has a right to act and do whatever he pleases due to all those rings he has. But I have some news for him. We don't take that shit at Notre Dame."

"I just want to thank all of the seniors for playing their hearts out for this program for the past four years. All of those guys are leaving with two rings and I can't be more proud of them. We are going to miss them next year. But here at Notre Dame we have a saying, 'We don't rebuild, we reload'"

STATS
    PASSING
    ND: J.Battle: 16-19 159 yards, 1 TD

UF: B. Armstrong: 15-30 194 yards, 2 INTs

RUSHING
    ND: B. Wodd: 17 att. 98 yards, 2 TDs

UF: B. Armstrong: 6 att. -31 yards

RECEIVING
    ND: R. Shelton: 6 rec. 67 yards, 1 TD

UF: D. Spence: 5 rec. 76 yards

DEFENSE
    ND: B. Barrett: 7 tackles, 5 sacks
    R. Kirk: 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 def
    M. Davis: 1 tackle, 1 INT

UF: N. Forte: 8 tackles
    T. Fowler: 5 tackles
    S. Howard: 5 tackles
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

Good game urban. Losing your QB definitely hurt you. I definitely expected you to run the ball more than you did. Even from the beginning you were all pass. With your O-line you probably could've tore me up on the ground, but I'm glad you decided to attack my pretty good secondary instead. You definitely were too predicable. But even so, my guys did play really well that game. I played pretty well myself but my CPU players played pretty well too. I'm sure I'll see you there again sometime in the future. Although, I could drop off here in the next few season because my recruiting has sucked as of late.

Great season man, I'm glad I was finally able to get a legit championship in here. Hopefully it won't be the last. Peace out bros.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 am

dipsh wrote:He ran it up on ya? Gay. That's way worse than bad sliders. The FSU guy was classy as hell in our game. It made the beat down he gave me sting a lot less. Too bad. That is what kills leagues quicker than bad sliders.
    If you or anyone else thinks that my actions were inexcusable and that they will be the death of the dynasty; I will happily retire and allow you to get a classier user in here. Go ahead and give us your sliders dipsh; I don't want to doubly kill the OD with my classless play and bad sliders.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:40 am

I hadn't heard both sides of the story. If your story is true him calling a timeout was super gay and he asked for it IMO.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 am

The sliders we use are heisman with everything at default except FG and KO power and they are at 35. The speed threshold is at 50 and all penalties are at default. If no one cares try it and if you all hate it we can switch back. To me they just make the game feel more real. I will say if you're killing the CPU now you probably still will but if you really try to play sim it will feel better. We have an unwritten rule in CPU games of only using a play once per drive and that limits "money" plays. I'm actually just really down for being in a league where everyone actually gets into it and contributes and communicates so if everyone wants me to just STFU I will be happy to.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Splff3000's Very Long Early Morning Rant..........

A lot of stuff happened last night so this is my rant on it all.

**Disclaimer** These views are mine only and are not necessarily shared by the commissioner or any other member in the OD.

First, congrats Hawk! Btw, this rant is in no particular order. Wink Now that that's out of the way, jhawk, why are you taking shit so personal. You talking about leaving because someone suggested that we change the sliders? Get over it man. You have been a great asset to the OD. There is no doubt about that, but I'd rather you leave and we freely talk about what we want than for you to stay and have to be hush hush about shit that involve jhawk so we don't hurt his feelings. I noticed the last few weeks you've been salty for no reason over stupid shit. Are you looking for a way out? Do you want someone to tell you to get out or something because you don't wanna just quit? That's what it looks like to me. If you wanna quit, just quit man. Don't come up here talking about I'll stop hurting the OD with my sliders and shit. If you're tired of playing and wanna leave, then leave, but don't use a valid complaints about the sliders as your excuse. You know good and damn well these sliders are crazy as fuck. I'm surprised no one has said something earlier. I'll get more into the sliders later though. Anyway, stop taking shit so personal and if you wanna quit, just quit and stop making excuses. I like you and I wouldn't want you to go, but fuck it. If you're gonna be snapping at people because they say something about your sliders or your schedule or whatever you worked on then just fuck it. I like this OD because the majority of the users are(and have been) mature and shit, including yourself. These last few weeks though, I don't know man. You got mfers begging you not to go, but fuck it, I'm not begging. So I'll end this part with this, I like ya here as I'm sure most do, but if you can't take criticism on shit that you work on, especially valid criticsm, and that makes you wanna leave then fuck it. You gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not holding my tongue for nobody.

I'm tired of this shit. Everytime something happens, mfers say they gonna quit. If my recruiting is fucked up again, I'm gonna quit. If I have another game like that, I'm gonna quit. If I don't beat the cpu by at least 30pts, I'm gonna quit. If I don't get at least 10 5* recruits, I'm gonna quit. Every single week, if something happens again, someone is gonna quit. Just quit mfers. Stop making parameters for your quitting lol. If you want to quit, then quit.

Now to some game shit. Having set back and thought about it last night, I'm sure that EA fucked up recruiting this year. Not the actual process of recruiting but the schools list and the ratings of recruits. Think about this: How many college football teams have had all of their players go to the NFL? I have an answer for you. It's 0. Well I have another question: How many college football teams have had all of their starters(on defense and offense) go to the NFL? I have an answer for that too. It's 0. Now take a look at the rosters of the big dogs in the OD. Look at all the 90's on those teams. Hell, some positions have the backup to the backup with a 90+ rating. WTF? That's how EA fucked up the recruiting. Most of the 5* players go to a few schools. Why is that? Because those schools are on almost all of the 5* players list. We know who the school are so there's no need to repeat it. I'm not gonna complain without proposing a solution. Looking at the last 3 years of recruiting on ESPN, the first thing that jumps out at me is that there are waaaaaaay more 5* caliber players on the game then there are in real life. For example, in this year's recruiting class in real life, there were 14 5* caliber players and 12 5* caliber players last year. On the game though, there were 34. That more than doubled this years real life number and almost tripled last year's real life number. Btw, if you wanna see these numbers you can find them here:

Class of 2011

Class of 2010

Next, EA needs to spread the love and not have so many recruits choosing the same schools over and over. Here is the top 10 schools for recruiting this year:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/

School - ESPNU 150 - Commits
    1. Florida State - 12 - 29
    2. Alabama - 11 - 25
    3. Auburn - 9 - 26
    4. USC - 10 - 31
    5. Texas - 7 - 22
    6. Georgia - 6 - 27
    7. Ohio State - 7 - 24
    8. Clemson - 7 - 29
    9. Notre Dame - 7 - 23
    10. LSU - 5 - 22

You see those numbers? Texas had 7 players in the top 150. That's top 150!!! In our OD Texas has 7 5* players lol. Look at FSU. It has the most 150 players with 12, but only 1 of those is 5*. The game in no way mimics this. That's why we have teams where the 3rd string guy is a 90+ rated player. Having seen this, I'd have to say we need a cap on the number of 5* recruits you can get. There has to be. There is no way you can look at this and argue otherwise. I'll leave that for you all to decide, but I am now all for it. I'm with you now Jared lol.

Finally, I'm gonna talk/rant about the sliders. I understand where you're coming from dipsh. I completely understand. These sliders allow for some pretty unrealistic plays by the cpu. Having said that, they are absolutely necessary. Before we changed sliders, EVERYONE was beating the cpu regularly and pretty easily. We had it one Heisman with sliders slightly in favor of the cpu. Now they are heavily in favor of the cpu and we still have people that beat the shit out of the cpu. We started with sliders slightly in favor of the cpu and people were winning pretty easily so I'm sure default Heisman sliders will provide no challenge which is the main reason we have the set as it is. I know you see some pretty unrealistic shit sometimes, but its supposed to simulate the fact that you need to have a good team to win all of your games. When I first came back(I took a lil hiatus lol) I struggled mightily with the cpu and even lost a game or 2, but now that I've built my team I don't struggle as much. I'm not saying that I blow out the cpu, but the games are far more competitive than they would be on default.

The purpose of the sliders was to make sure you had to respect your cpu opponent just as much as you respect your human opponent. The only way to make this happen is to allow the cpu to do some crazy shit from time to time. No one explained that to you so I can understand why you would be like WTF? We just want the cpu to provide somewhat of a challenge and so you can't just count cpu games as wins. We also wanted you to have build your team up to win consistently. You hardly ever see the big dogs in a close game against the cpu because they got all 90's everywhere lol, but if you look at everyone else, there's some competitive games going on during the season. That's what were going for. To be able to get that, unfortunately, you gotta allow the cpu to do some crazy shit. Once you build your team up some, you'll fully understand what I'm saying. Right now, you're like I was when I first came back, in a dog fight every week. You'll see as the talent comes in that the games will get easier and not so much of a dogfight. There's still the occasional buzzsaw game( or "fuck you" game as I like to call them), where the cpu will seemingly cheat to get a win, but once you get your team built up, the sliders will seem a lil better for you. Also, personally, I'm against limiting playcalls and what not for the simple fact that there is no way to enforce it. You can't see what plays the user ran so the only thing you can do is assume and assumption is the mother of all mistakes lol.

I AM kinda leaning with raising the speed threshold up SOME, not all the way back to 50 but up SOME. I've found myself recruiting and playing like old NCAA games where speed is the only thing that matters. My low 80's WR has broken all kinds of records at Auburn because he has 98 speed. Mind you he only has 66 acceleration lol. So if someone wanted to look into how the game would play at a higher threshold, I'd be all for it. Having said that, I'm not 100% for changing anything. Right now, the games seem crazy, but they are competitive. You have to kinda decide do you want games competitive and hard or sim and easy. We had some real good sim sliders before and everyone killed the cpu because the cpu's playcalling is stupid. We changed to these to allow the cpu to call it's sutpid plays, but they make up for it with ridiculous ability.

Anyway, that's been my rant for this morning. Time to take my ass to sleep. Jared, I'll see you at 1. Peace bitches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:20 pm